• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I'm okay with a Peterson v Pac fight. It'd be a good tune up for Mayweather. More so than fighting a smaller guy who beat him 3 times in Marquez.

Would be more interesting than another Marquez-Pac fight.

I'm happy for Peterson but am not interested. I'd much rather see Pac in against Marquez again and Peterson have a rematch with either Bradley or Khan (although I wouldn't be too sad to see Khan not get one after his constant bleating).

Amir Khan has raised fresh doubts over the validity of his clash with Lamont Peterson last month, where the Briton controversially lost his IBF and WBO light-welterweight title belts in Washington.

Khan lost a dramatic battle with Peterson on points, after he was deducted two points for pushing.

Many pundits and fans questioned the judging after the fight, and Khan lodged an appeal, which will be held later this month.

The 26-year-old has now taken to Twitter to send out a number of images of the fight. He is particularly concerned with the appearance of one man ringside.

Here is the full list of Amir Khan's Tweets sent on Thursday afternoon:

hey tweeps, i want to share with my fans the latest on the peterson fight situation, the truth is finaly coming out slowly but surely

i knew there was something dodgey with the scoring, forget about the fight and the ref for now, im my own biggest critic i know what

i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing

ther has been some crazy judging in 2011 n i want 2 put a stop to it

if I lost fair and square then fair enough I've lost n I move on, but does it really take over 10 minutes from the final bell to decide who's won? we've filed an appeal through and we should get a decision from the WBA and the IBF within the next 2 weeks

I'm angry as I want the rematch next to put things straight but it doesn't look like he wants it

watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...-raises-fresh-doubts-Lamont-Peterson-win.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQQrK2ty5ys&feature=player_embedded

BOXING FIXES FIGHTS! I'm outraged by this...

Serious this is some bullshit. I didn't see the fight but it is obvious that he was helping out that judge with the scores.

NervousXtian

Amir should have the judge investigated who had the fight 115-110 for him, even with the point deductions. Because that's the real travesty.

He lost the fight, and he's losing fans with his constant whining about it. Man the fuck up Amir.

jchap

If modern boxing didn't have the stigma of one loss makes you a bum you wouldn't have pussies whining like this. You wouldn't have as many fixed decisions, you wouldn't have fighters avoiding other good fighters like the plague, and the sport would be much better off in general.

Mayweather called Pacquiao out a few hours ago on Facebook and Twitter.

Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see. My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk.

Pac's got nowhere to run now. He's been exposed as the one ducking all along. Money's gotta tax dat ass.

Mayweather called Pacquiao out a few hours ago on Facebook and Twitter.

Pac's got nowhere to run now. He's been exposed as the one ducking all along. Money's gotta tax dat ass.

So where was Mayweather when Pac was beating up all the bigger fighters? It's rather telling that he chooses now (when Pac looks vulnerable) to pop off and was silent before.

abuC

Arum said Manny would be able to fight Floyd on June 9th, conveniently 8 days after Mayweather is supposed to go serve his time.

6y3b78.gif

oh boxing, good night sweet prince. You had a good run.

Yep, that's why most fight fans switch to the UFC and other MMA promotions.

So where was Mayweather when Pac was beating up all the bigger fighters? It's rather telling that he chooses now (when Pac looks vulnerable) to pop off and was silent before.

I find it strange that a top caliber fighter like Mayweather only fights once a year as opposed to other boxers who tend to fight twice a year. What is Floyd doing in his off time except hanging out with 50Cent and betting on college teams?

NervousXtian

Main event was a fun fight. Torres was coming on and then *boom* he got plowed like a field.

Also, Teddy Atlas is the worst thing boxing has going for it. He turns away casual fans, and a color guy is supposed to hype what's going on.. not shit on it the whole fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
Main event was a fun fight. Torres was coming on and then *boom* he got plowed like a field.

Also, Teddy Atlas is the worst thing boxing has going for it. He turns away casual fans, and a color guy is supposed to hype what's going on.. not shit on it the whole fight.

I like Teddy, he tells it like it is, and isn't afraid to. Right now the sport is in the shitter and he gives good reasons why that is.

NervousXtian

I like Teddy, he tells it like it is, and isn't afraid to. Right now the sport is in the shitter and he gives good reasons why that is.

That's terrible logic. Talking shit about it isn't going to get new fans. You don't hear Rogan always talking shit about all the MMA guys. He tries to even hype fights that are boring as hell, talking about strategies and techniques and what guys are trying to do.

Atlas just bitches about everything these days. It's like he doesn't like boxing.

Esch

Banned
Both of those fights should be fun.

I think Chavez will beat Rubio in a competitive fight, and Donaire will whip Vazquez. The latter should still be good though, both guys have speed.

jchap

Donaire fighting soon on HBO. Don't miss it! You can switch to MMA after that fight unless you want to see Chavez possibly lose to a gatekeeper

Also WTF @ Lamply's new glasses

jchap

WTF was that one judge smoking... Texas judges SMH

I mean that is the biggest discrepancy I've ever seen between judge cards.

Top Bottom