• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Kajiba

EnLpk.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hahahah oh wow, some of the filipinos posting in twitter and stuff are getting salty

Also I find it weird that they're including religion in their tweets.

abuC

My favorite fighter as a kid. The damn fame went to his head. Then he stopped training when his yes men brothers became his manager. So sad to see how fat he is now.

He was really talented, but Barrera was the exact type of fighter he should have avoided at all costs.

Grim1ock

Banned
Man i rather have another pac-marquez fight rather than mayweather. Mayweather is just awful boring to watch.

An absolute jerk in and outside the ring. But he was technically very solid imo.

GIFSoup

Ahh miss the prince. Great to watch and very talented. High speed reflexes combined with 1 punch KO. Lost his way when his family made him lose focus. shame he could not swallow his pride and get back some heart after the barrera loss.

England's best boxer with lenox lewis

charsace

Pac never wanted the Mayweather fight after the first 2 fights with the homeless man's version of Floyd were so hard for him. He fought dude for the a 4th time and is probably still sleeping right now. Floyd would have killed any version of Manny. Floyd is a bigger, faster, way more skilled version of JMM who has given Manny a lot of problems in their battles. Floyd would have boxed up Manny for 12 rounds easy.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
hahahah oh wow, some of the filipinos posting in twitter and stuff are getting salty

Also I find it weird that they're including religion in their tweets.

link to tweets? I wanna taste bitter pro-manny filipino tears

flem1

Pac never wanted the Mayweather fight after the first 2 fights with the homeless man's version of Floyd were so hard for him. He fought dude for the a 4th time and is probably still sleeping right now. Floyd would have killed any version of Manny. Floyd is a bigger, faster, way more skilled version of JMM who has given Manny a lot of problems in their battles. Floyd would have boxed up Manny for 12 rounds easy.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.. Same old same old statement when it comes to Floyd. Why can't just Floyd fight Pacman? Huge props to Marquez for getting in the ring against Pac and actually scoring a definitive win instead of a Floyd fantasy I usually read.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.. Same old same old statement when it comes to Floyd. Why can't just Floyd fight Pacman? Huge props to Marquez for getting in the ring against Pac and actually scoring a definitive win instead of a Floyd fantasy I usually read.

Fight was pretty much done a couple times, Manny/Arum were the ones who killed it those times.

Imagine this in a bar full of Filipino people. I was there, man. It was nuts. They looked like all of their mothers died simultaneously. Never seen an entire group of people take a non-title fight loss so seriously.

JLG-

Imagine this in a bar full of Filipino people. I was there, man. It was nuts. They looked like all of their mothers died simultaneously. Never seen an entire group of people take a non-title fight loss so seriously.

Title fights don't really mean shit in boxing anymore... Except for maybe the ring belt.

hwalker84

I was in a Irish bar in NYC watching the Hatton Mayweather fight. Can you imagine how odd it was to be the only black in the bar and the only person rooting for Mayweather. I figured i was going to get mauled.

Baby Milo

Title fights don't really mean shit in boxing anymore... Except for maybe the ring belt.

speaking of that...

rings new p4p rankings

1 Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Record: 43-0-0 (26 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 1 | Last Week: 2 | Weeks On List: 64
Titles: WBC welterweight, WBA jr. middleweight

2 Andre Ward

Record: 26-0-0 (14 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 2 | Last Week: 3 | Weeks On List: 86
Titles: RING, WBC, WBA super middleweight

3 Juan Manuel Marquez

Record: 55-6-1 (40 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 3 | Last Week: 6 | Weeks On List: 296
Titles: WBA, WBO jr. welterweight

i wonder if they make that fight

abuC

I was in a Irish bar in NYC watching the Hatton Mayweather fight. Can you imagine how odd it was to be the only black in the bar and the only person rooting for Mayweather. I figured i was going to get mauled.

It must have been magical, the "there's only one Ricky Hatton" chants right as Floyd threw that check hook.

3Sixty

Say what you like about Khan's defensive frailties.

His hand speed is up there with the best.

Great 1st round from him.

I love the way they have talked Molina up as if he really has a chance. They found the smallest and softest hitting dude they could for his first fight back, which I can't blame them.

abuC

I love the way they have talked Molina up as if he really has a chance. They found the smallest and softest hitting dude they could for his first fight back, which I can't blame them.

It's funny cause whenever Molina lands a punch everyone basically thinks Khan may go down lol. If that were Garcia in there Khan would have caught that fade again, his speed is great but he still leaves himself open.

He can't naturally focus on offense and defense at the same time. He gets caught up in the flashy combos and forgets about the incoming. You can tell its been drilled in him to move away after flurrying by Hunter, but it's still not natural for him.

abuC

Perine, great point.

This fight probably should have been stopped in the last round, yeah Molina is still game but he's taking a beating even if there's not a ton of power in Khan's punches.

I wanna see what happens against another strong puncher again. Molina can't put up enough firepower or pressure to really test Khan and answer any questions from last time.

Does boxing have a regular program or what? I never know of these fights until they happen. I'd like to try watching.

I also started boxing... I bought a punching bag and am trying to learn. Any tips? I think my gloves are a little loose lol. How important are handwraps?

abuC

I wanna see what happens against another strong puncher again. Molina can't put up enough firepower or pressure to really test Khan and answer any questions from last time.

I think he beats Brandon Rios if he fights him, he better avoid Lucas Matthysse like his life depends on it, and I give Garcia against him in a rematch just because of that counter left hook that's been putting people to sleep at 140.

abuC

Still think he can beat anyone in the division. Talent wise.

He has no chance against Matthysse in my opinion, avoid him at all costs.

Granite chin and bombs in his hands and he should be undefeated since he was robbed in his two losses. Best in the world at 140lbs.

I think he beats Brandon Rios if he fights him, he better avoid Lucas Matthysse like his life depends on it, and I give Garcia against him in a rematch just because of that counter left hook that's been putting people to sleep at 140.
I don't think he beats Rios. Rios is too relentless, a bad style matchup for Khan. He'll soak up whatever Khan dishes and walk him down and expose that chin. Matthysse is the best at 140; a beast who would knock Khan into retirement. Any of the rough and tumble guys at 140 would trouble him imo.

Top Bottom