• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

tickets for Froch - Kessler II went onsale at midday today. The prices were a bit much so I'll wait until closer to the event to see if they get slashed.

I would've gone but was planning on getting my dad a ticket too for his birthday but to get the half decent ones would've been £200 each.

Koko

Banned
I think he throw it a little early I mean he should at least end the round

edit: lmao never seen a post match interview with him: "I had to see how much gas his little toyota was pushin." hahaha I lose it

abuC

Floyd vs Guerrero for May 4th, and the shocker....it'll be on Showtime PPV.

6 fight deal with Showtime for Floyd, HBO better hope the Ghost knocks Floyd out.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Floyd vs Guerrero for May 4th, and the shocker....it'll be on Showtime PPV.

6 fight deal with Showtime for Floyd, HBO better hope the Ghost knocks Floyd out.

LOL, not going to happen. Floyd will fight 3-4 of these. Rumors are talking like he is getting 70-80 million a fight. That is crazy.

abuC

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL 13: Nonito Donaire Jr. vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux

Major props to Donaire for taking this fight, Rigondeuax is about as dangerous as they get a lightning fast hard hitting southpaw.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Fuck you NBC Sports and Fuck you Julie Lederman.

Malik Scott won that fight at the worst 7-3... I had it 8-2.. and you could argue it was 9-1... but 7-3 at worst.

Split Draw.

Fuck, why do they do this to the sport I love the most all the damn time.

Oh well.. at least Price got starched.. and Ishe finally got that belt.. well deserved... Ishe is one of the good ones.

MMA just took a steaming dump all over boxing tonight. Awful judging on NBC and a god awful "main event" on Showtime vs a superstar making performance that's on the front page of ESPN.com.

How could Julie Lederman have that a draw? Isn't her father the dude who scores rounds for HBO? Of all people she should know how to score a fight. Embarassing.

The shot that KOd Price didn't look that devastating. What we thought could be a decent prospect is derailed and even worse, Tony Thompson vs Wlad 3 is on the way!!!!

Rios lets rip at Broner:

"And he asks 'Brandon who?’ If he don't know who the f**k I am then I think he's in the wrong sport because everybody knows who I am. So it’s kind of stupid for this guy to say that sh*t. He looked retarded for saying that. Ignorance, he's a fu**ing ignorant dude. But you know what, I bet you anything if I go [up to him] face to face he won't say sh*t. Look what [Robert] Guerrero did; he bitched him out. Made him look like a bitch in front of the cameras! 'I still got my 0", that's all he could say. 'I still got my 0'. What does the 0 matter if you fu**ing [have] not challenged the best. I want the best. I don't care if I have an 0 or not, I want the best. That's who I want” declared Rios.

Full interview: http://www.boxingscene.com/rios-broner-no-mayweather-bitched-out-guerrero--62786

JLG-

Rios lets rip at Broner:

"And he asks 'Brandon who?’ If he don't know who the f**k I am then I think he's in the wrong sport because everybody knows who I am. So it’s kind of stupid for this guy to say that sh*t. He looked retarded for saying that. Ignorance, he's a fu**ing ignorant dude. But you know what, I bet you anything if I go [up to him] face to face he won't say sh*t. Look what [Robert] Guerrero did; he bitched him out. Made him look like a bitch in front of the cameras! 'I still got my 0", that's all he could say. 'I still got my 0'. What does the 0 matter if you fu**ing [have] not challenged the best. I want the best. I don't care if I have an 0 or not, I want the best. That's who I want” declared Rios.

Full interview: http://www.boxingscene.com/rios-broner-no-mayweather-bitched-out-guerrero--62786

Here's the video interview: http://www.boxingscene.com/video-rios-unleashed-drops-verbal-bombs-on-broner--62794

Skip ahead to 3:35

And here's a another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g98tD2CHirk

Tom_Cody

Rios lets rip at Broner:

Way to call out a fighter in a weight class below himself (who has only fought 1 fight at that weight). Rios should worry about the people in his own weight class. I would love to see him fight Matthysse. Most organizations have Rios at #5 or #6 at 140

Besides, Rios was given a gift decision against Abril who looked like nothing special on Saturday night. Adrien Broner is probably going to fight Abril or the Burns/Vazquez winner next so that should give us a something of a measuring stick.

Tom_Cody

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL 13: Nonito Donaire Jr. vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux

Major props to Donaire for taking this fight, Rigondeuax is about as dangerous as they get a lightning fast hard hitting southpaw.
Fuck yes!

This a dream fight for boxing fans. I really have no idea how it will turn out. Donaire deservedly has P4P buzz but Rigondeaux has a historic amateur career and an enormous amount of respect from insiders in the sport.

Way to call out a fighter in a weight class below himself (who has only fought 1 fight at that weight). Rios should worry about the people in his own weight class. I would love to see him fight Matthysse. Most organizations have Rios at #5 or #6 at 140

Besides, Rios was given a gift decision against Abril who looked like nothing special on Saturday night. Adrien Broner is probably going to fight Abril or the Burns/Vazquez winner next so that should give us a something of a measuring stick.
He was responding to Broner's dis, no need to go on the defensive. Plus it's looking increasingly like Broner isn't sticking around at 135 anyways seeing as team Burns have shat it twice now.

I like One-Time but this fight is not a good look for him so far. You shouldn't be coasting to a UD win when you are in his position as a prospect. Especially against a guy like Zaveck who is basically there to put you over.

B. Hop title holder in 2013.
KuGsj.gif

Tom_Cody

I like One-Time but this fight is not a good look for him so far. You shouldn't be coasting to a UD win when you are in his position as a prospect. Especially against a guy like Zaveck who is basically there to put you over.
Eh. Zaveck came to fight and he is a guy who had never been knocked down in any of his 34 prior fights (the fight with Berto was stopped on cuts). It is completely unreasonable to expect that he would just walk through him.

Therman won literally every round on each of the three scorecards. It would have been a nice feather in his cap if he had knocked him out but his performance was still very solid.

cloud sucks,he got completely dominated.

fucking legend

B. Hop title holder in 2013.
KuGsj.gif
I have to give him props but I really couldn't care less. Cloud clearly lost to Campillo and generally 175 has to be the single shallowest weight class in the sport.

I guess Hopkins has probably earned himself a payday against Ward but I have zero interest in that fight.

Eh. Zaveck came to fight and he is a guy who had never been knocked down in any of his 34 prior fights (the fight with Berto was stopped on cuts). It is completely unreasonable to expect that he would just walk through him.

Therman won literally every round on each of the three scorecards. It would have been a nice feather in his cap if he had knocked him out but his performance was still very solid.
ft.

I do have to say, I made my post in about the 7th or 8th round and Thurman came back and finished the fight strong whih was impressive. A lot of other guys would have coasted. I guess I (and certainly HBO) was hoping for more of a star maker performance.

Tom_Cody

I do have to say, I made my post in about the 7th or 8th round and Thurman came back and finished the fight strong whih was impressive. A lot of other guys would have coasted. I guess I (and certainly HBO) was hoping for more of a star maker performance.
Gotcha.

HBO definitely misrepresented the fight in their introduction. Zaveck is about at the level of the best fighters Thurman has faced and he has never been knocked down. By contrast, Thurman's last three opponents have been knocked out multiple times. It was wrong for anyone to assume that Zavek would just lie down.

Bradley is gonna get stopped if he keeps doing stupid shit. He's way more technical and talented; no reason for him to give his chin up on a platter.

Top Bottom