• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

HBO got one star left...

adrien-broner-gif-o.gif

This Floyd biter bout to get paid.

abuC

Roy sounds as old as Steward.

It sucks to hear Roy speak now, I remember back when he said he'd stop fighting before he ends up punch drunk, he's definitely suffered some brain damage if you listen to the way he speaks now vs how he spoke 10 years ago.

Tom_Cody

What a fantastic fight on Saturday night. Rios-Alvarado II was amazing but Rigondeaux-Donaire is the type of fight that reminds of why I love boxing.

Unbelievably high level of skill displayed on both sides. Every second was filled with tensions. I was surprised to see so many people calling the fight boring after the fact. Even when they weren't fighting the were keeping each other on edge with faints and positioning/ring-generalship.

Donaire got boxed up and then made excuses. The excuses have really changed my opinion of him.
I agree. I'm also shocked at the amount of people in the boxing press and in boxing fandom making excuses for him. He fought well but he lost. I can't believe how many people are saying that he did not bring his A game. He fought well but the fight that played out was the result of Rigondeaux's skill.

Looking ahead, it seems like 126 is going to be one of the best weight classes over the next 2-3 years. Donaire, Mares, Rigondeau (assuming he moves up too), Mijares, ,Salido, Ponce De Leon, Juan Manuel Lopez, Jhonny Gonzalez, Chris John. God damn. So many good and/or fan friendly fights. This will be fun.

Ash_69

Fury knocked out Cunningham, but apparently didn't really impress.

Cunningham's speed was too much initially but once he slowed down, you could see fury working him hard. I admittedly haven't seen all of fury's fights but can't remember the last time I saw him in a boring match. He loves to scrap which is good for heavyweight boxing.

puebla

i think canelo vs trout is going to be a helluva fight. canelo might have bit off more than he can chew tonight.

jchap

Here we go

While I liked ODH as a fighter his smiling face behind the announcer in every GB fight is super annoying

LOL Laurence Cole + Texas Judges. Trout better go for the KO.

Top Bottom