• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Bradley's trainer has gotta be hella pissed lol. That was an easy fight for him, if he just listens. Made it better for us fight fans though. Who saw this coming in? Nobody.

Don't forget: Alvarado/Rios II is on tonight on HBO. Rematch to one of the great fights in recent memory.

Terence Crawford impressiing right now for a prospect.

abuC

Rios has a chin made of steel, I have no clue how this guy with so little head movement can eat such hard punches.

jchap

I didn't think there was any way this could be as good as the first. Rios fights are always at least entertaining.

No world titles will be on the line when IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16 KOs) faces WBC interim junior welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31 KOs) on May 18 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The bout will be fought at a 141 lb. catch weight, one pound over the division limit.

WAT. 1 pound.

abuC

No world titles will be on the line when IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16 KOs) faces WBC interim junior welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31 KOs) on May 18 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The bout will be fought at a 141 lb. catch weight, one pound over the division limit.

WAT. 1 pound.

LOL, boxing is so ridiculous with the weight limits. The night of the fight both guys will probably be right around 160lbs, and I think Matthysse wins, every right handed fighter they've put in front of him has been destroyed.

JLG-

I'm also rooting for Rigo.. Though i worry how that chin will hold up. Especially againts Donaire's left hook, a shot that has hurt Rigondeaux before:

KlNKQ3N.gif

tcc9X7l.gif

abuC

I'm also rooting for Rigo.. Though i worry how that chin will hold up. Especially againts Donaire's left hook, a shot that has hurt Rigondeaux before:

KlNKQ3N.gif

tcc9X7l.gif

Definitely not a good sign, since Nonito has a nuclear bomb for a left hook.

abuC

only 3 rounds in but Nonito is getting schooled. HBO has got to be shitting bricks.

Lampley already dropped the disclaimer just in case he loses with the "Signs that Donaire's training blah blah"

They're acting like the fight is over, Nonito is always just 1 shot away from ending it.

Top Bottom