• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't know the fighters. Who's the good guy I should root for guys?? The one who isn't a wife beater, preferably.

man the SHO crew...Mauro sucks as usual, Al Bernstein sounds like he's Trout's PR guy, and Paulie while surprisingly good, sounds like Max Kellerman's mini-me.

Underwhelming fight so far. Trout has the volume but most of his punches are missing. Canelo seems content with landing a few power punches per round.

canelo vs mayweather for the fall needs to happen. i don't think he can beat mayweather though since he gets tired quick and is too aggressive like ricky hatton. what do you guys think?

jchap

canelo vs mayweather for the fall needs to happen. i don't think he can beat mayweather though since he gets tired quick and is too aggressive like ricky hatton. what do you guys think?

He would only have a puncher's chance. He would get pot shotted to death. That said he isn't a lightweight so no chance Mayweather fights him

MooseKing

Banned

I do not think, at all, that Mayweather can knock him out.

That said, I do not think he is ready yet. Sad thing is, when this kid is in his prime, Mayweather will be retired.

People don't remember that when Mayweather was much younger, in the Castillo fight (first one), he got out struck in every single statistical category and the judges robbed Castillo of the win.

A lot changes as you get older.

118-109 is a fucking embarrassment.

QFT. I can't see how anyone could score it like that.

I had it 114-113 Canelo on pure scoring, but Trout never backed Alvarez up at all and I guess on power punches it's a bit clearer, but scoring is scoring.

Canelo looked like he gassed about the 6th round and just potshotted in spurts, but Trout couldn't capitalise on that - in fact the knockdown came at the perfect time for Canelo because I though Trout was going to go on and dominate at that point a bit like he did with Cotto.

ZoddGutts

QFT. I can't see how anyone could score it like that.

I had it 114-113 Canelo on pure scoring, but Trout never backed Alvarez up at all and I guess on power punches it's a bit clearer, but scoring is scoring.

Canelo looked like he gassed about the 6th round and just potshotted in spurts, but Trout couldn't capitalise on that - in fact the knockdown came at the perfect time for Canelo because I though Trout was going to go on and dominate at that point a bit like he did with Cotto.

My guess Canelo back off because he knew he was winning. The scoring was open, so he's ring side had to know he was easily winning with those scores that was being posted.

Top Bottom