• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

I'm kind of stunned that with the open scoring that Trout never seemed to put his foot on the gas. The lack of body work after Canelo seemed to slow down around the 6th was strange, also. His corner had the same open scoring results, so you would think they would just tell him to go out on his shield.

Also, Floyd/Canelo looks like Floyd/Hatton if Hatton had no cardio.

puebla

Not a real threat. Canelo has low stamina and is too aggressive.
it'd be floyds toughest fight. i agree he needs to work on his stamina, but you guys are acting like trout is a slouch. if floyd was scared to fight manny, he's more scared to fight canelo now lol

ZoddGutts

Anyways.... would love to see Canelo fight either Cotto or Bradley, though the a Bradley fight isn't likely because he's with HBO/Top Rank. I do agree that Canelo is still green, going after Trout was very risky move for him, he did win though. I don't think he should go after Floyd yet, there's areas he still needs to improve. He's only 22 afterall, he has a long career of him.

Batman

Banned
Cotto will be fed to Alvarez in September and probably next year he will fight Mayweather and lose there. Trout won the fight but unfortunately for him he had fought in Texas and had two paid off judges against him, if he had any sort of power he would have knocked Alvarez out.

Rumors online say that Bradley is going to fight Marquez, Rios vs Provodnikov and Pacman vs Alvarado in the works too.

That leaves Canelo/Floyd for the fall. Unless Floyd fights Sergio Martinez then Canelo will have to fight some sort of shitty mandatory.

Cotto will be fed to Alvarez in September and probably next year he will fight Mayweather and lose there. Trout won the fight but unfortunately for him he had fought in Texas and had two paid off judges against him, if he had any sort of power he would have knocked Alvarez out.

Trout did not win,he got knocked down and hit with power punches more.

abuC

it'd be floyds toughest fight. i agree he needs to work on his stamina, but you guys are acting like trout is a slouch. if floyd was scared to fight manny, he's more scared to fight canelo now lol

Manny had no chance of beating Floyd.

neither Manny nor Floyd were scared of each other. Their promoters and egos screwed the public out of the most anticipated fight since Tyson/Holyfield and themselves out of a metric fuckton of money. That's boxing.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

idkos.gif

Do you use a braille keyboard when you post on GAF?

Tekniqs

He would only have a puncher's chance. He would get pot shotted to death. That said he isn't a lightweight so no chance Mayweather fights him

cuz cotto, delahoya, hatton, judah, baldomir, etc etc etc are lightweights...

GTFO

@puebla..any version of floyd beats any version of pacquiao...it's a stylistic nightmare for pac...dude doesn't know how to cut off the ring and floyd can fight going backwards

puebla

manny ducked floyd,everyone else agreed to the test but him. pacman is too aggresive so he would get outclassed.
you don't accuse another man of using steroids without any evidence unless yer scared. floyd's been a bitch. fuck floyd's demands, he also wanted a bigger paycut knowing manny wouldn't go for that. i never seen somebody try that hard to not make 50 million dollars.

Batman

Banned
It's clear that you guys who are quoting me are just going by that garbage compubox system and have no idea how boxing matches are supposed to be scored. Alvarez won 4 rounds max, one knock down in one round and landing some hard punches over a fight does not make you win. Trout won but of course the fight being in Texas with two paid off judges didn't help him.

and Pacquiao and Mayweather both ducked each other, Mayweather tested positive for illegal substances three times and that's why he settled the defamation suit that was filed against him by Pacquiao. If they fought like they were supposed to 4 years ago Pacquiao would have one but now Floyd would take him easily.

It's clear that you guys who are quoting me are just going by that garbage compubox system and have no idea how boxing matches are supposed to be scored. Alvarez won 4 rounds max, one knock down in one round and landing some hard punches over a fight does not make you win. Trout won but of course the fight being in Texas with two paid off judges didn't help him.

HAHAHAHHAHA OH WOW

and Pacquiao and Mayweather both ducked each other, Mayweather tested positive for illegal substances three times and that's why he settled the defamation suit that was filed against him by Pacquiao.

WAT. Source?

and Pacquiao and Mayweather both ducked each other, Mayweather tested positive for illegal substances three times and that's why he settled the defamation suit that was filed against him by Pacquiao. If they fought like they were supposed to 4 years ago Pacquiao would have one but now Floyd would take him easily.

ikuojA.gif

puebla

@puebla..any version of floyd beats any version of pacquiao...it's a stylistic nightmare for pac...dude doesn't know how to cut off the ring and floyd can fight going backwards
gtfo the same floyd who was stunned by shane mosley? wasn't jose luis castillo mayweathers closest fight? pacquiao is a faster, stronger, southpaw version of castillo, and i'm not saying pac woulda won but it would've been interesting at least. we'll never know because floyd is too pussy, and i'm done with this subject lol

you don't accuse another man of using steroids without any evidence unless yer scared. floyd's been a bitch. fuck floyd's demands, he also wanted a bigger paycut knowing manny wouldn't go for that. i never seen somebody try that hard to not make 50 million dollars.

PBF outdraws manny. He gets the biggest slice of the pie.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2509.gif

ZoddGutts

Wow you definitely don't know what's been going on in boxing the last twenty years by that comment, come on.

Shitty judging is always expected in Boxing, learn to deal with it. In the end it didn't matter for this fight, Canelo had won. If Trout had really won there would have been a controversy, but there isn't, why? because majority of people have Canelo winning.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I had Trout by a round.

1 solid punch that doesn't wobble the other guy doesn't take a round.

Alvarez averaged about 33 punches a round with about 10 landed per round.

Trout missed a lot, yes.. but he controlled large portions of that fight... event the round he got dropped hard in he admittedly controlled the next 2 mins of.

Open scoring was crap.. because when they announced that Trout pretty much needed a KO after the 8th (when he had just clearly won btw, Canelo did nothing) it destroyed all tension of a close fight.

Also, Canelo showed some great defense.. but he should the least varied offense I've seen from him... not sure what's up with his stamina.. but it's shit.. but it might be he's still fighting below his real weight class.

Canelo is a fucking middle weight draining to JMW.

Canelo is naturally so much bigger than Floyd, we won't see it.

SUPREME1

Banned

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh shit. Good stuff. Oh fuck. Made my morning.

Wowzers.

Heel

lol is this a shoot?

I will agree that a lot of people don't know the first thing about scoring a boxing round. That doesn't mean Trout won, or that a combat sports judge needs to be paid to turn in a wildly inaccurate scorecard.

Batman

Banned
Point proven.

When you are in the boxing game you know things the general public does not ^_-

People don't know what's going on behind the scenes, boxing is the ugliest and biggest money entertainment product out there.

TheNatural

My Member!
Point proven.

People don't know what's going on behind the scenes, boxing is the ugliest and biggest money entertainment product out there.

LOL.

You tell em.

Someone call Alex Jones on this shit. I think I saw FBI contractors ringside as well.

Heel

Well, I do think Trout would've damn near needed to render Canelo unconscious to leave that ring with a W.

It didn't come to that, though. Canelo won clean in my eyes.

Tekniqs

gtfo the same floyd who was stunned by shane mosley? wasn't jose luis castillo mayweathers closest fight? pacquiao is a faster, stronger, southpaw version of castillo, and i'm not saying pac woulda won but it would've been interesting at least. we'll never know because floyd is too pussy, and i'm done with this subject lol

pacquiao does not fight in close, cut off the ring, or pressure fighters NEARLY as well as Castillo.

oh the pacquiao that has been in life or death fights with JMM 4 times and got KO'd in the end?

sit the fuck down

puebla

pacquiao does not fight in close, cut off the ring, or pressure fighters NEARLY as well as Castillo.

oh the pacquiao that has been in life or death fights with JMM 4 times and got KO'd in the end?

sit the fuck down
lmao pac is better than castillo at EVERYTHING. pac went life and death with juan because guess what? styles make fights. pac style is great for floyd, but floyd is a girl so we never saw it. i know yer tight cuz floyds a ho, but no, u sit the fuck down.

charsace

lmao pac is better than castillo at EVERYTHING. pac went life and death with juan because guess what? styles make fights. pac style is great for floyd, but floyd is a girl so we never saw it. i know yer tight cuz floyds a ho, but no, u sit the fuck down.

JMM is a homeless man's version of PBF. Floyd would box Pac up bad.

u guys could keep telling yourself this but the bottom line is he never got in the ring with him because he was scared. now i'm really done with this lol

you promise? Because this shit is old. Nobody was scared. Nobody knows what would have happened. It's a bunch of tired old bullshit.

abuC

Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray this weekend

And speaking of Floyd, rumor is he's been getting touched up in sparring sessions, even had a bruised eye a few days ago.

muddream

Banned
Point proven.

^_-

Floyd would've tooled someone like Guerrero a few years ago, but I think his declining legs and Guerrero's workrate will make for a very competitive fight unless Joe Cortez is reffing.

liger05

Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray this weekend

And speaking of Floyd, rumor is he's been getting touched up in sparring sessions, even had a bruised eye a few days ago.

Its sparring and shouldnt be a big deal.

I find it crazy that people still claim PBF was scared of Paquiao. Paquiao and Bob Arum could of made that fight but Arum never wanted it as Paquiao was he cash cow. Floyd would of beat Paquiao easily. Not a close fight at all!!

puebla

^_-

Floyd would've tooled someone like Guerrero a few years ago, but I think his declining legs and Guerrero's workrate will make for a very competitive fight unless Joe Cortez is reffing.
guerrero is an easy fight for floyd and it won't be competitive. guerrero is like a B- fighter.

Top Bottom