• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray this weekend

And speaking of Floyd, rumor is he's been getting touched up in sparring sessions, even had a bruised eye a few days ago.

Floyd's been getting "touched uo" in sparring for ages now.

He rotates in sparring partners non stop to keep them fresh while he's fatigued.

Will he age one day? Yeah but saying he gets touched up in sparring isn't much to go on.

Tekniqs

^_-

Floyd would've tooled someone like Guerrero a few years ago, but I think his declining legs and Guerrero's workrate will make for a very competitive fight unless Joe Cortez is reffing.

unless Floyd's gotten "old over night", I think he wins this going away. Guerrero can't outbox him..and Floyd is a GREAT in fighter...if Guerrero wants to make it a phone booth fight, he's going to get punished for it as well.

9-3 at the closest for Floyd (IMO). But that's also basing it before Floyd went to jail and had another long hiatus

muddream

Banned
unless Floyd's gotten "old over night", I think he wins this going away. Guerrero can't outbox him..and Floyd is a GREAT in fighter...if Guerrero wants to make it a phone booth fight, he's going to get punished for it as well.

9-3 at the closest for Floyd (IMO). But that's also basing it before Floyd went to jail and had another long hiatus

I have Floyd winning as well, but I don't think he has the legs left to keep Guerrero from pushing him against the ropes and making it a competitive fight.

Boogybro

lmao pac is better than castillo at EVERYTHING. pac went life and death with juan because guess what? styles make fights. pac style is great for floyd, but floyd is a girl so we never saw it. i know yer tight cuz floyds a ho, but no, u sit the fuck down.

lol .

Tom_Cody

What an unsatisfying outcome. This fight was supposed to propel the winner to P4P status but I can't help but feel that both left the ring at a diminished standing. Well, from a boxing ratings prospective at least. This definitely elevated the business aspect of Canelo's career.

gtfo the same floyd who was stunned by shane mosley? wasn't jose luis castillo mayweathers closest fight? pacquiao is a faster, stronger, southpaw version of castillo, and i'm not saying pac woulda won but it would've been interesting at least. we'll never know because floyd is too pussy, and i'm done with this subject lol
I have never understood this critism of Floyd. Mosley was/is a beast of a puncher, he's just 10 years past his prime. Mosley inflicted one of the most brutal beatings I've ever seen on Margarito.
iU4OUqxLUFeLf.gif

Mosley landed two good punch on Floyd in their fight and Floyd outclassed him for every other second of the fight. Overall I was about as impressed with Floyd's performance against Mosley's as Pac's.

If you want to compare common opponents, why don't you look at Juan Manuel Marquez. Floyd humiliated him, and that was coming off a 2 year layoff.

Boogybro

I have never understood this critism of Floyd. Mosley was/is a beast of a puncher, he's just 10 years past his prime. Mosley inflicted one of the most brutal beatings I've ever seen on Margarito.
http://i.minus.com/iU4OUqxLUFeLf.gif[img]
Mosley landed two good punch on Floyd in their fight and Floyd outclassed him for every other second of the fight. Overall I was about as impressed with Floyd's performance against Mosley's as Pac's.

If you want to compare common opponents, why don't you look at Juan Manuel Marquez. Floyd humiliated him, and that was coming off a 2 year layoff.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't even waste my time. Puebla probably doesn't even know a single thing about who Margarito is.

Tom_Cody

Interesting. I think it's impossible that Floyd would fight again only 4 months later but I could definitely see Canelo fighting a minor opponent on that date. I guess we'll see.

The winner of Bradley-Marquez will be the next logical opponent for Mayweather who seems intent to stay at 147. I think he just wants to wants to leave his fingerprints on the promotion in some way.

puebla

Wouldn't even waste my time. Puebla probably doesn't even know a single thing about who Margarito is.
uh yes i do, margarito is a trash fighter, who's probably cheated his whole career before he got caught. i'm supposed to be impressed by a win over him? lmao i never seen somebody flail his punches as much as marg.

abuC

uh yes i do, margarito is a trash fighter, who's probably cheated his whole career before he got caught. i'm supposed to be impressed by a win over him? lmao i never seen somebody flail his punches as much as marg.

Prior to the Mosley fight Margarito was viewed as the most dangerous welterweight in the world, nobody wanted to fight him. Some straight up revisionist history going on with your posts, he was coming off two impressive KO wins against hard punchers in Cotto and Cintron.

Prior to the Mosley fight Margarito was viewed as the most dangerous welterweight in the world, nobody wanted to fight him. Some straight up revisionist history going on with your posts, he was coming off two impressive KO wins against hard punchers in Cotto and Cintron.

Well, to be fair to puebla, the only time he saw margarito fight was when he fought manny.

puebla

yes he was, and he still flailed his punches, and he was most likely cheating. when i saw his fights coming up i was always baffled how somebody who threw so poorly was hurting guys. now we know

puebla

Well, to be fair to puebla, the only time he saw margarito fight was when he fought manny.
i been watching boxing hardcore for 15 years now. back when juan marquez was my favorite fighter fighting on sunday night fights on fox sports network. go that way ----->

BadAss2961

Interesting. I think it's impossible that Floyd would fight again only 4 months later but I could definitely see Canelo fighting a minor opponent on that date. I guess we'll see.

The winner of Bradley-Marquez will be the next logical opponent for Mayweather who seems intent to stay at 147. I think he just wants to wants to leave his fingerprints on the promotion in some way.
Who wants to see Floyd fight Marquez again? Floyd shut him out.

Tom_Cody

That 'trash fighter' took Pacquiao the distance.

What is even being discussed here. The point of my original point was to defend Mosley, one of my all time favorites.

puebla

after floyd gets through his joke fight with guerrero, there's no exciting fight left for him except canelo or martinez at a catchweight.

Tom_Cody

Who wants to see Floyd fight Marquez again? Floyd shut him out.
Honestly I'm more interested in seeing Bradley win that match-up than Marquez. If Marquez does win, it will add enormously to his status in the sport following his destruction of Pacquiao. That, and I think Marquez can legitimately claim that he is a bigger/stronger fighter now than he was when he fought Floyd the first time.

Boogybro

Yeah exactly. Margarito had one of the best chins in the game and Mosley battered the shit out of him. You made it sound like Mayweather getting stunned by a punch of his is a bad thing, he's lucky to have not got knocked out. Your idol would've probably gone to sleep a lot sooner if only Mosley didn't fight like such a pussy that night.

Tekniqs

lmao pac is better than castillo at EVERYTHING. pac went life and death with juan because guess what? styles make fights. pac style is great for floyd, but floyd is a girl so we never saw it. i know yer tight cuz floyds a ho, but no, u sit the fuck down.

lol keep slobbering on Pac's nuts

Pac is a great fighter...just there was a difference between him and Floyd..floyd would beat any version of Pacquiao

Pac isn't a pressure fighter...he throws in volumes....and his punch output is a lot lower when he faces someone who knows how to counter punch

SUPREME1

Banned
What are the chances I win a bet I made in haste yesterday on the Garcia/Judah fight:

I bet that Danny would KO Zab. He was saying Zab would win the fight, that Garcia is a garbage fighter. I agreed that he isn't a technical fighter but that he has natural strength and explosion. That he is going to beat Zab down, and that's where I went off the deep end and even guaranteed he'd KO Zab.

I almost immediately regretted guaranteeing a KO, but I went with it. Any chance I win out?
I shoulda just said stoppage and I'd be feeling a lot better about it.

I think I was stuck on the image of him crushing ancient Morales and thinking he could do something similar again.

Stupid bet?

Lots of money riding on this.
not really

What are the chances I win a bet I made in haste yesterday on the Garcia/Judah fight:

I bet that Danny would KO Zab. He was saying Zab would win the fight, that Garcia is a garbage fighter. I agreed that he isn't a technical fighter but that he has natural strength and explosion. That he is going to beat Zab down, and that's where I went off the deep end and even guaranteed he'd KO Zab.

I almost immediately regretted guaranteeing a KO, but I went with it. Any chance I win out?
I shoulda just said stoppage and I'd be feeling a lot better about it.

I think I was stuck on the image of him crushing ancient Morales and thinking he could do something similar again.

Stupid bet?

Lots of money riding on this.
not really

Danny has real power and Zab is one of the most disappointing fighters since Prime Tyson stopped caring.

People keep forgetting that this was a tune up fight for Garcia until some lively press conferences. Garcia KO4.

3Sixty

Didn't even realise Khan was fighting tonight.

Audley Harrison got battered on the undercard, Anthony Ogogo won his debut against some bum.

Bergsy

Amir Khan is the second biggest joke in boxing after Harrison.

Khan never learns and cant take direction from his corner, oh and that chin LOL

puebla

i never thought i'd be excited for zab vs danny garcia but all the shit talking has me thinking they're gonna fight for real lol

Top Bottom