• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Really nice to see Zab going hard those last few rounds. I had Danny with a late round KO tbh. Good fight, watched the Khan fight, thought it was interesting. I like Khans style, but I hate his glass jaw...........

3Sixty

Really nice to see Zab going hard those last few rounds. I had Danny with a late round KO tbh. Good fight, watched the Khan fight, thought it was interesting. I like Khans style, but I hate his glass jaw...........

Khan fights are pure entertainment. Saw all the good and bad from him last night.

I'll catch the Zab/Garcia fight after work.

Khans best hope is for Peterson to win out the "tournament", because Garcia beats him again and Mattheyse murders him.

Good job, good effort from Zab, I look forward to his next fight on ESPN.

Bermen Sterven still sucks.

abuC

Khans best hope is for Peterson to win out the "tournament", because Garcia beats him again and Mattheyse murders him.

Good job, good effort from Zab, I look forward to his next fight on ESPN.

Bermen Sterven still sucks.

Yeah, Khan needs to avoid Mattheyse at all costs, he wants no part of that kind of punching power.

Tom_Cody

Stirring performance from Zab. I have been following his career for almost 10 years and it was really great to see him make adjustments in order to take over a fight like that. I feel like the Zab of 5 years ago would have quit in round 7 or 8. While I don't think he won, he at least deserves bragging rights for sweeping the last 3 rounds. I have him at 4,5, or 6 at 140 (depending on where you want to put Rios/Alvarado).
-

Martinez looked old and fragile in his fight, thought maybe it's not fair to criticize him considering that he got injured. Somehow I doubt he will face Golovkin or any contenders of lower prominence any time soon. My guess is he'll take a huge money rematch against Chavez in 2014 and then, depending on how that goes, face Alvarez in another huge money fight.
-

I have no interest in watching Bermane Stivern again. He might be good for some knockout gifs before his career is done but he has no chance against either Klitschko. What an ugly fight. Ugh, I hate heavyweight boxing.
-

Peter Quillin has tons of noticeable flaws in his game but I guess he deserves credit for continuing to rack up wins. I doubt any of the top names at 160 are afraid of him. Beyond the top 2, there are a bunch of decent fights at middleweight. I hope everyone stays active.

Btw, does anyone know if Chavez is actually planning to return to the ring at 160? Prior to his layoff he was coming into the ring at close to 180 and I doubt his year off will result in him coming down in weight.

Radec

It would be hilarious if Floyd gets downed tonight like Manny did.
KuGsj.gif

But he won't.

liger05

Floyd 146lbs. What does he walk around at, 150lbs? The older he gets doesn't effect his weight at all.

'The Ghost' is going to suffer the same fate as ortiz did. Floyd will pepper him with lead right hands and something which gets ignored a lot is Floyd is a very good inside fighter. Floyd wont move so much as he doesnt have the legs to move around like he did before but his happy to take the centre of the ring these days.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Floyd 146lbs. What does he walk around at, 150lbs? The older he gets doesn't effect his weight at all.

'The Ghost' is going to suffer the same fate as ortiz did. Floyd will pepper him with lead right hands and something which gets ignored a lot is Floyd is a very good inside fighter.

He made a conscious decision to basically walk around at fight weight so that he doesn't have to cut to make weight. The right hand with find Robert's face all night long tonight. No one else that Robert fights could miss him with it and now the most accurate boxer in boxer history takes a turn. Yeah, we know what we are going to see here.

Batman

Banned
I predict Klitschko knocks out Pianeta in round 4 and Floyd gets knocked down once but wins on points or he gets knocked out completely by a bum rush from Guerrero.

How Floyd wins: Fight looks exactly like the Cotto fight. Guerrero has some early success brawling, but with less skill and Floyd adjusts and picks him to shreds. UD12 win or even Gurreros corner stopping it late as Robert is gassed and beat up.

How Guerrero wins: Robert gets in close, landing hard shots on Floyd's arms and body. If he can make it a nasty brawl, he could maul his way to victory. Floyd has never had to be in a real war, so a tough fight + age + ring rust = SD12.

I think Guerrero is competitive early, maybe even gets a fluky flash knockdown. Floyd eventually pot shots him all night to a wide UD12.

Oh and Wlad vs Piñata. Wlad jabs for rounds 1-11, thinking about maybe throwing a right hand. Piñata follows him around unable to figure out how to slip a jab. Round 12 Wlad throws a right hand hurts Piñata bad, then jabs more. UD12 Wlad in front of 8 zillion people in a giant stadium who seem to love the most boring heavyweight champ of all time.

Top Bottom