• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Guerrero is playing into Mayweather's game. If he wants to do any damage (scorecards, that is) to Mayweather, he must muscle him around, push him into the corners to make him eat shots, and stop letting him run around playing counter puncher. Too easy for Mayweather to have the judges on his side when he is putting on a show.

Caspel

Floyd is among the best clinchers, grapplers, elbow shielders, and pushers....:) :p

The fight has now moved into a position that Mayweather is doing whatever he pleases while Guerrero chases him around hoping for an exchange where he can land.

duxstar

Is it just me or is watching a maywheather fight extremely ...... frustrating, he mostly just runs and clinches, and while i understand its supposedly good boxing, its really just not fun to watch lol

Caspel

Is it just me or is watching a maywheather fight extremely ...... frustrating, he mostly just runs and clinches, and while i understand its supposedly good boxing, its really just not fun to watch lol

yup, I agree. It's not the most entertaining boxing match to watch a few punches in an exchange and then have Floyd run off and start all over again.

kinggroin

Banned
The guy's boxing is, as usual, technically sound.

Also makes for a boring match.

edit: Bad wording.

I meant, it doesn't make the fight any less boring.

abuC

Straight rights to the body is what did the damage, absolute master class in boxing, Floyd is an artist in that ring.

As we are seeing now, Floyd usually takes his time to figure the guy out...late rounds are pot shot city.

Top Bottom