• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

abuC

Is it just me or is watching a maywheather fight extremely ...... frustrating, he mostly just runs and clinches, and while i understand its supposedly good boxing, its really just not fun to watch lol

If he didn't do that Guerrero would hold and rabbit punch the shit out the back of his head like he did to Berto.

Panzon

Mayweather was waaay too good in this snooze fest but cudos to him. Guerrero was tough as hell though props to him too

LOL, Guerrero was the 4th ranked welterweight in the world, casual boxing fans are the worst. He only looks like a scrub because Mayweather is that much better.
Yep. First they say, "Floyd's gonna get spanked!" then after Floyd schools another victim, "Oh, he's fighting bums!".

Baby Milo

Pacquiao or bust.
this-amazing-photo-is-the-definitive-image-from-the-manny-pacquiao-knock-out.jpg

it's done

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Terrible match-up. Floyd runs around dodging a slower fighter who telegraphs his combos and isn't smart enough to cut off the ring. When Guerrero had Floyd in a corner, he'd either let him out or would throw a haymaker, which Floyd would duck under and circle out to pepper Guerrero with more punches.

No killer instinct from either fighter. I can accept Floyd not going for the kill -- he rarely does anymore. In the last seven years, if you don't count the opportunist KO of Ortiz, Mayweather has only won by KO/TKO once, that being Ricky Hatton. As for Guerrero, he needed let loose. He was at his best when he pushed Floyd around stopped him from running. Sure, not much damage, but it at least didn't make him look amateur as Floyd would sit with his defense down picking his shots and then running away to set up the combos again.

puebla

knocked manny the fuck out at the same weight
so your argument is because floyd beat juan and juan beat pac that it's automatic floyd>pac?? it never works like that in boxing. anyways floyd should fight canelo next, but knowing him he'll fight khan lol

so your argument is because floyd beat juan and juan beat pac that it's automatic floyd>pac?? it never works like that in boxing. anyways floyd should fight canelo next, but knowing him he'll fight khan lol
Canelo is too big. He is a full fledged middleweight cutting down to junior middleweight. Not a good fight for Floyd at his age, but I could still see him winning on points.

abuC

Canelo is too big. He is a full fledged middleweight cutting down to junior middleweight. Not a good fight for Floyd at his age, but I could still see him winning on points.

Yeah, especially since Canelo isn't all that active and seems to have stamina issues.

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 8m
Two years ago, Pacquiao would've beaten Floyd and beaten him up. And Floyd knew it.

Skip is full of shit.

Top Bottom