• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

charsace

So supposedly Manny is nearly broke. Arum went in dry on that ass.

Are you surprised? Floyd is smart. He has boxers in his family and saw what was up with the game that's why he broke away from "boxing management" as soon as he could and started managing himself. Arum gonna take Manny for all he got and then leave him with his ass hanging out when he can't dominate guys anymore. When Manny is broken down that is when Arum will agree to a Mayweather fight as a last ditch effort to profit off of Manny. Then its on to the next one for Arum.

Should be a fun fight but I see May by UD.

PPV buys should be insane though. Imagine if they do it at Cowboy stadium or (no chance in hell but just imagine) Azteca?

alterno69

Banned
I really don't get Canelo managers, why face Money so early on in his career? I guess it was now or never and they difn't want to miss on the huge PPV money

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I really don't get Canelo managers, why face Money so early on in his career? I guess it was now or never and they difn't want to miss on the huge PPV money

Yeah Floyd might be angling to retire full time if the rumors of 200 million for 6 fights in 30 months is true.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
MGM Grand:

Floyd -225
Canelo +175
11.5 over -340

Take out a second mortgage. Vegas done lost they damn minds.

I see that Floyd is the favorite but I don't understand how they've lost their minds or do you mean the odds are too close?

Really no downside for Canelo, he's young, he loses, it's to one of the best all time. He wins, his popularity rockets into the stratosphere ... plus dat pay day!

I guess this tells us how the PPV vs The Ghost did.

No way Floyd loses this unless Canelo lands something crazy early on. Mosley had Floyd legit shook so its not impossible, just next to
Impossible.

They need to hire someone to make some awesome commercials/trailers for this because the ones for the last few fights have been god awful.

BadAss2961

I wouldn't sleep on Canelo. Floyd could easily school him, but Canelo's still the most dangerous opponent he's had in awhile. I think he's better than Hatton was, and Floyd hasn't gotten any younger.

If Canelo is no threat, then who is?

Baby Milo

I wouldn't sleep on Canelo. Floyd could easily school him, but Canelo's still the most dangerous opponent he's had in awhile. I think he's better than Hatton was, and Floyd hasn't gotten any younger.

If Canelo is no threat, then who is?

meh canelo will be gassed by round 6 and picked apart

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
meh canelo will be gassed by round 6 and picked apart

Yeah that's the thing people forget Canelo hasn't looked good for 12 rounds yet in his career. If he wants to really beat Mayweather then they need to address the stamina issue in his training camp. Even then May weather will likely still pick him apart

Tom_Cody

Somehow I'm only just hearing about this. This could end up being the biggest fight of all time, right?

rumor is Matthysse/Garcia is on the undercard

guess floyd could fight the winner of that fight
Must buy PPV of the forever. If Mayweather-Canelo is the top match-up in boxing, this has to at least be in the top 5.
Should be a fun fight but I see May by UD.

PPV buys should be insane though. Imagine if they do it at Cowboy stadium or (no chance in hell but just imagine) Azteca?
It's a shame Floyd is so closely tied to the MGM Grand. I would love to see the spectacle of that fight. Hell, I would probably fly down there for it.

JLG-

Canelo is sort of in a win-win situation here if you think about it. If he losses he's still really young and there's no shame in losing to the top dog. And if he wins.. He'll be the man.

Tom_Cody

Canelo is sort of in a win-win situation here if you think about it. If he losses he's still really young and there's no shame in losing to the top dog. And if he wins.. He'll be the man.
I definitely agree. I also think he's itching to move up to 160. The only other payday for him at 154 is Cotto and that fight couldn't even potentially happen until 2014.

I suspect that Canelo will move up to 160 after this fight regardless of the outcome. I mean, he's been entering the right at ~170 or something recently.

Heel

In any case, GGG is the man. He should fight Ward in a year or two and make him a Good Boy. Canelo can get it too.

Boogybro

Canelo weighed 172 against Trout, GGG doesn't cut weight to make 160. They're called weightclasses, not heightclasses or reachclasses. ;o

GGG is built for the 160 weight division, Canelo turning into a fat bastard overnight doesn't change that. It would be pointless asking Golovkin to try and come down to 154, let alone anything less.

muddream

Banned
IFmdIYX.jpg

That's clearly a fat and not a rehydrated man. You should probably understand how weight cutting works before writing idiotic, yet assertive posts about the subject. GGG has said he'll fight anyone from 154 to 168. GGG is built for the 160lbs amateur division, there are junior welterweights his size in the pros.

Top Bottom