• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

BadAss2961

OH SHIT SHOTS FIRED. LOL

I like Broner, but that was a dick move. Paulie showed him a lot of respect after the fight and he pulled that.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
1. Malignaggi has the weakest hand I've ever seen, for a champion boxer as young as him.

2. Broner would've lost 2 points with a better referee.

Good, entertaining fight though. For all of the epic shit talking, neither of them straight up whooped the other's ass.

abuC

1. Malignaggi has the weakest hand I've ever seen, for a champion boxer as young as him.

2. Broner would've lost 2 points with a better referee.

Good, entertaining fight though. For all of the epic shit talking, neither of them straight up whooped the other's ass.

Ann Wolfe is a harder puncher than Paulie.

JLG-

Hope Broner was serious about letting fans pic his next fight.

Would love to see him in there with a real banger like Matthysse.

Yes, Broner vs Mathysse needs to happen.

We know it won't though, this dude is being protected. I mean seriously, Paulie Malignaggi?

I too would like to see Broner go out worse than Ortiz did vs Maidana, that would be great.

Tom_Cody

I hope Broner takes this as a learning experience.

Paulie was able to win rounds and completely disrupt his offense with his activity (and zero punching power behind it). Additionally, Broner only wanted to throw when he knew he could land. He has had willing offensive-minded opponents in his last few fights. He is going to need to do more to create his own offense in the future. He needs to be able (and willing to) throw punches that might miss in order to set up offensive opportunities.

I think this fight also clearly showed that he shouldn't be at 147 yet. There are a bunch of live fighters at 135 for him. He could also go to 140 and start with the bottom half of the top ten.

Yes, Broner vs Mathysse needs to happen.

We know it won't though, this dude is being protected. I mean seriously, Paulie Malignaggi?

I too would like to see Broner go out worse than Ortiz did vs Maidana, that would be great.
Christ. He's 23 cut him some slack. I agree that Mathysse would eat him alive but there is no reason for him to face him now at this point in his career.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
2psg09l.jpg

Wall

ooof!

Bodyshot.

Martinez should retire. He is almost 40.

No point in subjecting himself to something like that.

No country for old men.

muddream

Banned
GGG and Matthysse are bringing the real back in boxing. Shame they're 30 once they make it to the spotlight, while all these protected jokes were making millions in their early 20s.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
GGG is legit. Power with boxing skill and a destroyer mentality and footwork.

Sexy Sergio don't want shit to do with that.. especially since he was almost out against a way worse JCC Jr and (in my eyes) lost his last fight.

ZoddGutts

Martinez won't handle this guy's punching power. He barely got out when he got hit by Chavez Jr in the last round and got rocked twice by Martin Murray. GGG hits harder than both of those guys and Martinez seems to have slowed down, he doesn't move around as fast as he used to, making him an easier target to get hit.

Boogybro

Martinez won't handle this guy's punching power. He barely got out when he got hit by Chavez Jr in the last round and got rocked twice by Martin Murray. GGG hits harder than both of those guys and Martinez seems to have slowed down, he doesn't move around as fast as he used to, making him an easier target to get hit.

The only question mark is; How well does GGG take a punch? He hasn't really been tested in that regard, and Sergio would sure as shit hit him a lot before he gets himself knocked out.

muddream

Banned
The only question mark is; How well does GGG take a punch? He hasn't really been tested in that regard, and Sergio would sure as shit hit him a lot before he gets himself knocked out.

Well, he's never been knocked down in the pros or amateurs and I can't remember a punch discouraging him so far...Sergio is good boy.

Top Bottom