• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Boogybro

IFmdIYX.jpg

That's clearly a fat and not a rehydrated man. You should probably understand how weight cutting works before writing idiotic, yet assertive posts about the subject. GGG has said he'll fight anyone from 154 to 168. GGG is built for the 160lbs amateur division, there are junior welterweights his size in the pros.

No need to be defensive, there's nothing idiot about what I said. Floyd barely goes above 150 on fight night and isn't even fighting Alverez at the 154 limit. So yes, it's a waste of time even suggesting the fight. Mayweather already said he only wants to fight people at their comfortable weight.

muddream

Banned
and yet he's fighting someone who's 10 pounds heavier than GGG on fight night...it's a waste suggesting that fight because Floyd and most casual boxing fans have never heard of Golovkin, not because GGG wouldn't or couldn't make the weight. You might want to actually explain how someone can be 10 pounds lighter with a similar bodyfat-%, but still be the bigger fighter due to being "build for a higher weight"...to me that does seem conflicting/idiotic.

Tom_Cody

What a great weekend of boxing. Maidana=Lopez and Angulo-Lara were both fantastic fights. I really hope that Angulo-Lara gets a rematch.

Tom_Cody

Anyone watching HBO tonight? Decent little scrap to start the night with Sanabria and Crawford.
Yeah, a good little fight. I'm not sure what to make of Crawford though. Both fighters seemed to have huge defensive gaps. In that way it kind of looked like a bunch of random fighters on ESPN2 and not someone being presented as a future P4Per. I guess we'll have to see how he looks against better known fighters.

Juanma is done for. Yup. Motherfucker doesn't know how to box.
Jesus christ yeah. What a humiliating loss for Marquez. Is Garcia really that good? He has kind of been a slow burn fighter in the past. He will seem to win the early rounds without dominating and then suddenly land a KO shot out of nowhere. In this fight he simplu decimated Junama.

As a former wrestler who had to make weight, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that he came in overweight, especially since he indicated after the fight that he would probably stay at 126. Oh well. 126 has become a monster division. Mares, Donaire, Garcia, and probably Rigondeaux as well.

BadAss2961

Mitchell fights like a mummy when he gets his bell rung. He really can't take much to the head.

Looks like he'll win though unless he completely gasses out. Banks let him get settled after he had him hurt again like the last fight.
I for one am stunned that Wlads trainer is putting on a boring as fuck performance.
lol... Hard to be a force in the division when you can barely beat Wlad's trainer.

BadAss2961

With their antics, Broner and Malignaggi are pretty funny in the ring together.

Interesting fight.. .Paulie's doing what he's gotta do, but Broner's offense is so crisp.

MUAY THAI KNEE.

LQX

Either this is set-up are this dude has the weakest punches I have ever seen in boxing. It's like is soft boxing a brick wall.

Broner looks slow and sluggish, like he can't let his hands go. The weight might be too much too soon; he also seems a bit surprised by Paulie's speed. He gets handcuffed when Paulie throws, and can only land one or two shots at a time.

abuC

Broner looks slow and sluggish, like he can't let his hands go. The weight might be too much too soon; he also seems a bit surprised by Paulie's speed. He gets handcuffed when Paulie throws, and can only land one or two shots at a time.

This is how Broner fights, just constant pressure moving forward, not letting his hands go until he's almost certain you've lost some pop on your shots.

BadAss2961

This is how Broner fights, just constant pressure moving forward, not letting his hands go until he's almost certain you've lost some pop on your shots.
Yup...

I'm very impressed by Broner. He seems to get more into it when someone gives him a good fight. Dude's a gamer.

Broner is a disaster waiting to happen. He will get eaten up if he fights at 140, and welters with power will beat him too. I'm not impressed at all by him lately.

Top Bottom