• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Clott

Their site and the app on Xbox 360 if you have that.

Logged in on their site, their scheduling says they will stream Cricket at 4:50 am, I hope that means they stream different sports at the same time.

Edit: changed the channel to the tarver fight just as he caught the guy with a uppercut to put the guy on his ass, then proceed to finish him. Not a great statement, but he will talk this into another pay day since there aren't that many names around cruiser/heavy.

abuC

Hey, when are we ever getting another boxing game? And why hasn't there been one for the PC, it could make a killing IMO.

A realistic indie boxing game on Steam would get my money.

Heel

"Mike Sheppard did his job."

Well, at least they're honest. Congrats to 45 year old interim NABA heavyweight champion of the world Antonio Tarver.

Clott

Hey, when are we ever getting another boxing game? And why hasn't there been one for the PC, it could make a killing IMO.

A realistic indie boxing game on Steam would get my money.

I would love a game akin to football manager, give a really heavy strategic boxing management sim. You get to do the corner work, train your roster of fighters, manage sparring partners, and build PPV fighters.

Of course these bastards get arrested, party away all their money, lose. It would be amazing.

Heel

I would love a game akin to football manager, give a really heavy strategic boxing management sim. You get to do the corner work, train your roster of fighters, manage sparring partners, and build PPV fighters.

Of course these bastards get arrested, party away all their money, lose. It would be amazing.

http://www.pisd.co.uk/go/tbcb?TB 2013

Could be close to what you're looking for.

Title Bout Championship Boxing, the professional pugilism management sim being published by the makers of Out of the Park Baseball (these guys love wordy titles) was due out for iOS and Android “soon” back in May. The PC version of the game has shipped, but the mobile editions are still official out “soon”, according to OOTP’s PR.

Tarver is on the "Shannon Briggs patented Path to a Title Shot". He'll fight two or three more times against no hopers like tonight then cash out getting outclassed in a title shot.

Wlad vs Tarver in November 2014 is heating up!

Tom_Cody

Shane just quit because of a bad back, if that's not a sign for an old man to give it up I don't know what is.
God I hope he retires for good. At least he got a decent paycheck for this of this fight.

He's had a hall of fame career. Now it's time to retire.

iU4OUqxLUFeLf.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pacquiao’s Bank Accounts Seized in Philippine Tax Row

Manny Pacquiao, the world-champion boxer and a national icon in the Philippines, had his accounts frozen by two banks as authorities seek to collect 2.2 billion pesos ($50.3 million) in unpaid taxes.

The Bureau of Internal Revenue issued a warrant in July to 36 banks to seize Pacquiao’s assets after he failed to prove he paid taxes in the U.S. in 2008 and 2009, Commissioner Kim Henares said yesterday. Twenty-two banks responded to the order, with two saying he had 1.1 million pesos in accounts with them, Henares said.

So who do you guys think should face who next? Pacman,Mayweather and Danny Garcia. For pacquiao i think a rematch vs Bradley makes sense. Not sure yet for the other two.

So who do you guys think should face who next? Pacman,Mayweather and Danny Garcia. For pacquiao i think a rematch vs Bradley makes sense. Not sure yet for the other two.

pac can fight bradley. as for floyd, the only fight that makes sense for him (or is hsould say the only pbf fight that i would pay for) is vs pac.. Or those two guys can nut up and fight martinez at 152. THough I think the only fight that makes sense for us boxing fans is PBF vs. PAC.

Floyd vs Manny will happen, more than likely at the end of Floyd's Showtime contract. If Pac wins his next fight and Floyd's next fight is boring or against a sucky opponent, they'll make it happen.

They had Lewis/Tyson ultra late, they'll did a way to make this

God I hope he retires for good. At least he got a decent paycheck for this of this fight.

He's had a hall of fame career. Now it's time to retire.

iU4OUqxLUFeLf.gif

Definitely a high light of his career, but I feel he doesn't get enough credit for being Oscar TWICE in DLH's prime. That's something really nice to hang his hat on. Dude has had a great career but yeah it's past time for him to call it.

Tonight's HBO card should be nice. I'm going with Stevenson and Kovalev in KO victories. Plus I get to watch Pac make hamburger out of Rios; missed it last week.

jchap

Worst ref ever in the Lemieux fight 7 KDs and a guy who couldn't defend himself and he still was counting! The corner was bad too but they came to their senses first.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wow, that was quick lol. How can a boxer be knocked out like that?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Meudamz e messieuh, het voo preh?!

Bellew is screwed.

edit: Aaaaaaand, done. Bellew did nothing at all in the WHOLE fight.

jimbor

Banned
Glad to see Bellew put back in his place horrible fucker and nowhere near world level. Back to domestic/euro level for him.

Tom_Cody

Fun knockouts this weekends. I would like to see any mix of those two guys with Bernard Hopkins, Carl Froch, and Andre Ward.

This is the most excited I've been about the 175 pound division since I started watching boxing.

Different deals, mane. Given how much showtime had forked out for Floyd, they needed a bigger return to break even.
What does that have to do with anything? People still have to buy the fight to make that return; substantially more people bought Floyd/Guerrero than Pacquaio/Rios.

jimbor

Banned
What does that have to do with anything? People still have to buy the fight to make that return; substantially more people bought Floyd/Guerrero than Pacquaio/Rios.

Um, what? Showtime spent a hell of a lot of money promoting that fight and tying Floyd into a contract. The rumours in the industry (IIRC) were that they needed at least 1.2m buys to make it worthwhile but generated around 900k. Arum put the Pac fight in Macau, got $8m site fee and sold around 500k against the 600k they were expecting due to it being in China. Obviously it's not a runaway success either.

Think Arum didn't manage to get the infrastructure sorted for the Chinese PPV either.

Tom_Cody

Different deals, mane. Given how much showtime had forked out for Floyd, they needed a bigger return to break even.

Um, what? Showtime spent a hell of a lot of money promoting that fight and tying Floyd into a contract. The rumours in the industry (IIRC) were that they needed at least 1.2m buys to make it worthwhile but generated around 900k. Arum put the Pac fight in Macau, got $8m site fee and sold around 500k against the 600k they were expecting due to it being in China. Obviously it's not a runaway success either.

Think Arum didn't manage to get the infrastructure sorted for the Chinese PPV either.
Floyd's fight got twice as many PPV buys.

I can't believe you are try spin this as a win for Pacquiao.

jimbor

Banned

I can't believe you are try spin this as a win for Pacquiao.

I'm not spinning it as a win for Pacquiao I was merely responding to your post comparing the two fights.I even said in my post that it wasn't a runaway success but overall the promotion made money. The fact is that the Mayweather fight made a $12m LOSS (I underlined and bolded for you, seeing as you seem to like that so much).

Personally I couldn't give a fuck who sells what, I'm a boxing fan, not a business fan. However, if you're going to spout ill informed nonsense that I know to be incorrect, I'll correct it.

Tom_Cody

Sorry for ramming that down your throat. The underlining (etc) was unnecessary.

I'm not spinning it as a win for Pacquiao I was merely responding to your post comparing the two fights.
Well, we don't disagree there then. Mayweather's fight got twice as many PPV buys when they both fought 3rd tier opposition. This is a pretty dramatic statement regarding Floyd's power in the sport vs. Pac's at this present time.

Maybe that isn't where you're coming from, but that is where I'm coming from.

I even said in my post that it wasn't a runaway success but overall the promotion made money. The fact is that the Mayweather fight made a $12m LOSS.
First off, no one has any official published numbers; we can only make educated speculation. Credible people claim that that the Floyd-Guererro fight did somewhere between 870k-1.1m PPV buys at $60-$70 which equals something between $56m-$70m in PPV revenue (if you assume that it did 50/50 SD/HD). The gate did another $10m. There's also revenue from international broadcasts. The promotion did not lose money.

Some anonymous sources have said CBS/Showtime might have lost money on the event but this is weighed against public sources which have disputed this. Even if they did lose money, this does not mean that the promotion was a failure, it just means that Floyd's team out-maneuvered them and got a larger slice of the pie than they deserved.

Top Bottom