• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

The tide has changed, I have Lara ahead by one round, but Canelo is in control. That cut seems to be discouraging Lara, along with the numerous body shots landed by Canelo.

116-112 for Lara

This is Vegas, there is a huge mexican contingent, and there were many close rounds. Won't be shocked if he is robbed.

Tight fight, I can see why you give it to Canel though. Do not agree with 117-11 at all ...

I think Cotto should do his best to get a fight with Canelo.

jchap

I had Canelo winning by one round. Close fight. I don't have a problem with a close fight going to the aggressor.

I had it 115-113 Lara, but I knew as the fight went on that a lot of those rounds were going to be scored for Canelo. It was a close fight, and that's on Lara. He didn't throw enough, and regardless of if we like it or not, you aren't going to beat an A side fighter on the cards with that kind of performance.

Canelo/Cotto in the fall with the winner rematching Floyd in May 2015?

I had it 115-113 Lara, but I knew as the fight went on that a lot of those rounds were going to be scored for Canelo. It was a close fight, and that's on Lara. He didn't throw enough, and regardless of if we like it or not, you aren't going to beat an A side fighter on the cards with that kind of performance.

Canelo/Cotto in the fall with the winner rematching Floyd in May 2015?

Floyd hinted at a surprised fight for May. Wonder who it is.

kcxiv

no fucking way he won that fight running. He landed a few good shots here in ther,e but in the end, Canelo did way more damage to the other guy in them body shots. Lara landed 10 more punches but landed 80 or so more jabs. Canelo's shots while landing 10 less were almost all power shots to the body.

Was it close? i guess, but the right man won the fight in the end. Lara cant talk all that shit saying he's going to break his opponents face, then do literally no damaged outside of like 10 decent to good punches.

TuXx

I thought Lara won the fight. Lara started fading towards the end and started giving Canelo some momentum, but even if Lara boxed a shutout he wouldn't have gotten the decision. Goldenboy wasn't gonna let Lara get in the way of Canelo vs Cotto

Dipz

Banned
no fucking way he won that fight running. He landed a few good shots here in ther,e but in the end, Canelo did way more damage to the other guy in them body shots. Lara landed 10 more punches but landed 80 or so more jabs. Canelo's shots while landing 10 less were almost all power shots to the body.

Was it close? i guess, but the right man won the fight in the end. Lara cant talk all that shit saying he's going to break his opponents face, then do literally no damaged outside of like 10 decent to good punches.
In today's post-Mayweather world of boxing, small jabs that barely do anything have equal weight to thunderous body shots when it comes to scoring.

I'm glad Lara didn't walk away with that win. It's not the first time he's been salty because he thought he deserved a decision he didn't get. He even basically said he'd do the same thing if he fought Canelo again, expecting the judges to score it his way the next time.
Floyd hinted at a surprised fight for May. Wonder who it is.
Probably Khan.

ugh.

In today's post-Mayweather world of boxing, small jabs that barely do anything have equal weight to thunderous body shots when it comes to scoring.

I'm glad Lara didn't walk away with that win. It's not the first time he's been salty because he thought he deserved a decision he didn't get. He even basically said he'd do the same thing if he fought Canelo again, expecting the judges to score it his way the next time.

Probably Khan.

ugh.
Floyd has an excellent jab, not sure what you are talking about.

Am I the only one watching this Roy Jones card live and direct from Latvia? Terrible fights with a capacity crowd of 13 and in between each fight there is a lip synched performance by different bands. Holy crap this is amazingly terrible.

Roy entering the ring to his rap song "Y'all Musta Forgot", hahahah

Heel

I'm in there. Ya'll must have forgot!

RJJ fighting in Latvia. This shit makes me sad. They tried to say there was 10,000 people in attendance...lol smh.

Top Bottom