• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Chino wasn't doing damage by hitting chickeneather to the body, he never threw straight punches or uppers... i had mild hopes, but... yeah boring ass fight, why isn't clinching penalized?...

Every Floyd fight you get these knuckleheads that come in here with their bullshit posts, they know nothing about boxing, they think every fight needs to be a brawl; it's fucking ridiculous. Talking dumb shit.
The hundreds of ESPN and Yahoo comments on their respective articles for the fight make me legit smh and close the tab in disgust. This is how the majority of people think, and that bothers me.

Lazyslob

Banned
If you're here to debate intelligently and not troll, then fine, but who wants a whole bunch of drive by bullshit posts that add nothing to the discussion?

how is that a drive by troll? its not a bullshit post. people come around almost every sport and give their 2 cents whether they are long time fans or not, it's nothing new, and still, knowing this, people get super upset.

Do you know who you're talking to? He's a born leader.

lol this guy.

abuC

Three other people apparently had the fight scored the exact same way after four rounds. THE JUDGES. So I'll stick with my fight knowledge over your lack of it.

No they didn't.

Bxd3PmACEAElgkq.jpg

You ain't got to lie Craig, you ain't got to lieeeeeee.

Lazyslob

Banned
maywether still cried about getting bit through a boxing glove. never forget that. thats like someone in soccer getting a foul or some shit.

maywether still cried about getting bit through a boxing glove. never forget that. thats like someone in soccer getting a foul or some shit.
Would you not let the ref know that the guy is biting you? So he can get away with it and potentially bite you again? Doesn't matter where he bit him; the fuck is he doing biting in the first place?

Uhhhh Luis Suarez a soccer player bit a dude in the world cup, and got suspended. Biting is never ok, even if it happens to someone you don't like.

Lazyslob

Banned
Would you not let the ref know that the guy is biting you? So he can get away with it and potentially bite you again? Doesn't matter where he bit him; the fuck is he doing biting in the first place?

you aint going to feel getting bit through a boxing glove.

Uhhhh Luis Suarez a soccer player bit a dude in the world cup, and got suspended. Biting is never ok, even if it happens to someone you don't like.

a boxing glove is thick. you're not even going to come close to feeling a bite, even if maidana did it.

TuXx

I don't think there's any reason for Floyd to bullshit about getting bite. The fight wasn't even close for Floyd to be flopping over a point

Tekniqs

you aint going to feel getting bit through a boxing glove.

a boxing glove is thick. you're not even going to come close to feeling a bite, even if maidana did it.
Except Paulie during the telecast said he got bit through his glove back in the amateurs and he said you can def feel it.....

Lazyslob

Banned
Except Paulie during the telecast said he got bit through his glove back in the amateurs and he said you can def feel it.....

feeling it is not the same as getting hurt. if floyd did get bit i assure you it didnt hurt and to make his hand numb? lol. please

Turin

Banned
Another day at the office.

Floyd might want to retire soon because the way he's talking is starting to remind me of Roy Jones towards the end of his prime.

As much as I appreciate Floyd's talent I wouldn't feel bad if he got knocked out. I don't get the impression he's a decent human being at all, even though he claims it's part of the show.

Yup, and Rigondeaux is on Facebook saying he wants to fight Santa Cruz!

Can't wait for this!

Are people seriously in the thread arguing about how the bite didn't hurt? Its boxing not biting! Just like guys who get low blowed make a scene to the ref. Or would you guys have preferred Floyd bit him back? Lol shit makes no sense.

If anybody trains in boxing you'll know that the underside of the glove doesn't have all that much padding.

Another day at the office.

Floyd might want to retire soon because the way he's talking is starting to remind me of Roy Jones towards the end of his prime.

As much as I appreciate Floyd's talent I wouldn't feel bad if he got knocked out. I don't get the impression he's a decent human being at all, even though he claims it's part of the show.
What did floyd do? He mellowed down the last few years.

Can't wait for this!

Are people seriously in the thread arguing about how the bite didn't hurt? Its boxing not biting! Just like guys who get low blowed make a scene to the ref. Or would you guys have preferred Floyd bit him back? Lol shit makes no sense.

If anybody trains in boxing you'll know that the underside of the glove doesn't have all that much padding.

I get the biting part, that was wrong. But whats up with the rubbing of gloves in the face that are part of that same sequence. Can you try to be coherent?

abuC

I don't know, Boxing GAF has a series of questions, do you know who this is :D

20140328_undercard_0007.jpg

lazyslob since I don't see your answer, that's Brother Naazim, Bernard Hopkins trainer and he has some of the best quotes in boxing.

Can't wait for this!

Deontay Wilder vs Stiverne is supposed to happen too, X power pad and I can't wait to see how the Cab Driver Destroyer Wilder does against a real boxer.

Tekniqs

lazyslob since I don't see your answer, that's Brother Naazim, Bernard Hopkins trainer and he has some of the best quotes in boxing.

Deontay Wilder vs Stiverne is supposed to happen too, X power pad and I can't wait to see how the Cab Driver Destroyer Wilder does against a real boxer.

Naazim is awesome. Love that "grow a tail and start breathing fire" line.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Amir Khan is, from a narrative and entertainment perspective, the best positioned to defeat Mayweather, but it would have to be Mayweather's last fight. Khan is the only one who has the profile to become a star that would pick up, although never at Floyd's level, where Floyd would leave. Floyd can't leave boxing without being defeated, it would be bad for the sport, but if he gets defeated by Khan people will have a new star to follow. Otherwise your average viewer will just see it as no one worth really following.

That being said I don't think he would beat Mayweather, but from an entertainment perspective it's the best that could happen. It's useful than a Pac/Floyd fight.

Amir Khan is, from a narrative and entertainment perspective, the best positioned to defeat Mayweather, but it would have to be Mayweather's last fight. Khan is the only one who has the profile to become a star that would pick up, although never at Floyd's level, where Floyd would leave. Floyd can't leave boxing without being defeated, it would be bad for the sport, but if he gets defeated by Khan people will have a new star to follow. Otherwise your average viewer will just see it as no one worth really following.

That being said I don't think he would beat Mayweather, but from an entertainment perspective it's the best that could happen. It's useful than a Pac/Floyd fight.

A breeze knocks khan out... you really think we'd be better off getting mw vs khan instead of mw vs pac?...

Top Bottom