• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Turin

Banned
I thought Peterson won.

He frustrates me though. He'd be so much better if he'd settle in on his technique and fighting style. He's always been at his best when he pressures the opponent through a tight guard.

TuXx

I always felt Danny was a little overrated. Yeah, he had a good win against Matthysse but alot of people can argue that was luck, he knocked out Khan but was getting whitewashed the entire fight before he was able to land the left hook, he made Judah look like he was 25 in the second half of their fight, he got schooled by Herrera and now this.

It'll be real interesting to see what they do with Danny cause Danny looks real beatable right now, Hell, I even think Chris Algeri can give him problems.

Boogybro

I always felt Danny was a little overrated. Yeah, he had a good win against Matthysse but alot of people can argue that was luck, he knocked out Khan but was getting whitewashed the entire fight before he was able to land the left hook, he made Judah look like he was 25 in the second half of their fight, he got schooled by Herrera and now this.

It'll be real interesting to see what they do with Danny cause Danny looks real beatable right now, Hell, I even think Chris Algeri can give him problems.

He was hitting Khan with that left hook all fight.

ZoddGutts

Yeah, I think the Garcia hype train has fallen off, haven't been impress with him with his last several fights. Not sure how well he'll do if he moves up, doesn't seem to have much punching power lately unless he gets lucky fighting someone with a weak chin (Khan), over the hill Erik Morales or fights a walking paid can like Rod Salka. Either way he has two unofficial losses now.

Turin

Banned
Rewatched the fight.

Man, Peterson really does some beautiful work once he gets into a groove. He fought the best fight of his career and the judges wouldn't give him his due.

Turin

Banned
Matthyse vs. Provodnikov has fight of the year written all over it.

who do you think is tougher, stronger, more skill etc..

Wladimir is more skilled, athletic and seems to have more power in a single punch.

Vitali is more brutal and willing to engage. He's also bigger and probably a bit stronger(though I doubt it's much of a margin).

I personally don't like to measure a man's heart and toughness until his career is over.

I tend to lean towards Wlad(Manny Steward seemed to want that fight) but this is the heavyweight division we're talking about. It only takes one shot.

abuC

Matthyse vs. Provodnikov has fight of the year written all over it.

Wladimir is more skilled, athletic and seems to have more power in a single punch.

Vitali is more brutal and willing to engage. He's also bigger and probably a bit stronger(though I doubt it's much of a margin).

I personally don't like to measure a man's heart and toughness until his career is over.

I tend to lean towards Wlad(Manny Steward seemed to want that fight) but this is the heavyweight division we're talking about. It only takes one shot.

I'd go with Vitali mainly because I saw him eat some absolute bombs from Lennox Lewis and he's never been down, his chin is granite where as his brothers chin is still questionable.

Turin

Banned
I'd go with Vitali mainly because I saw him eat some absolute bombs from Lennox Lewis and he's never been down, his chin is granite where as his brothers chin is still questionable.

I can understand that perspective.

Vitali's chin is legit. Wladimir's chin isn't as absorbent.

With that said, there's still a fading myth that Wladimir doesn't have character which I think is bs. He never gave up in his losses, his body gave out and the ref wisely stopped it.

abuC

I can understand that perspective.

Vitali's chin is legit. Wladimir's chin isn't as absorbent.

With that said, there's still a fading myth that Wladimir doesn't have character which I think is bs. He never gave up in his losses, his body gave out and the ref wisely stopped it.

Oh, I'd never say Wlad doesn't have heart or chracter, he's the reigning heavyweight champ for a reason and should always be respected as such. I just think his brother was a bit better than him. Vitali was really unorthodox for such a big guy, and Wlad wouldn't be able to fight him from range like he can a lot of other guys.

Also, Corrie Sanders hit Vitali with a monster left hook that wobbled him but didn't drop him, and we saw what happened when he connected with Wlad. Vitali's beard is the difference maker between them...

Vitali > Wlad

Wlad is better technically, but Vitali is a warrior. Dude had his face turned into a vagina by Lennox Lewis and still wanted to fight. Wlad....got KTFO multiple times and fights safety first.

Vitali cuts off the ring and kos his brother. No doubt!

Dulorme has a glass jaw. He can box his ass off, but he just can't take a good punch.

Heck of a debut from Crawford, not an impressive start to the fight but he lands the ones that matter

Terrance Crawford is so freaking fast

Really? More accurate than anything else. Dulorme's success was mostly due to outspeeding TC with flurries.

I'm getting shades of Arguello whenever I watch Crawford. Basic looking but once he gets the timing down of his opponent, woo baby.

jchap

This is great. Matthyse is a big puncher. I don't know how Provodnikov keeps walking through his punches but the pressure is starting to get to him.

Top Bottom