• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Yeah I was rooting for Lucas as well. Scissor part helped him recover and win. /s

I still think it was more 114-114. I think it went Mattysse's way because of punch volume and accuracy.

jayvo

I thought it was a tie. I'm a fan of both fighters and didn't know who I was rooting for, but Provodnikov has all kinds of heart!

TuXx

Had it a draw. It was real stupid of Matthysse's corner to tell him he's up by a wide margin. Him being conservative almost cost him the fight.

After those 12 rounds of hell, I don't think either of them would even think twice about a rematch.

TuXx

Not so much fun when you're fighting someone that isn't 40lbs lighter than you huh Junior?

Now everyone can shut up about Chavez having the best chin in boxing. People act like him being 40 pounds heavier had nothing to do with him being able to take a punch.

abuC

Now everyone can shut up about Chavez having the best chin in boxing. Him being 40 pounds heavier had nothing to do with it.

Yup, best chin in boxing stuff was such pure lunacy.

Junior getting spanked? That's what's up!

He got knocked down and looked like the fainting goats

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15951-1364062940-3.gif

His legs straight up didn't get the message

Some final notes:
Chavez Jr wants a rematch

Bitched about the weight, wants to fight at 170, 172 was too much weight for him

Says he was winning the fight. Yet he and his corner quit.

What a mess, but an entertaining night for the sport after all

pixelation

Yup, best chin in boxing stuff was such pure lunacy.

He got knocked down and looked like the fainting goats

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15951-1364062940-3.gif

His legs straight up didn't get the message

ROFL dude!!!

Some final notes:
Chavez Jr wants a rematch

Bitched about the weight, wants to fight at 170, 172 was too much weight for him

Says he was winning the fight. Yet he and his corner quit.

What a mess, but an entertaining night for the sport after all

I missed a pretty good night of fights because i went to a party... oh well, hopefully i'll be able to still watch them somehow...

I thought Crawford looked fantastic, even though Dulorme was more active and aggressive early on. He just has that uncanny timing, and his boxing is sublime. He's a mean motherfucker too; he's gonna be a big star.

Turin

Banned
I thought Crawford looked fantastic, even though Dulorme was more active and aggressive early on. He just has that uncanny timing, and his boxing is sublime. He's a mean motherfucker too; he's gonna be a big star.

Agreed. The only knock on him is that he's a slow starter. Even more so than Lamont Peterson(that would be an awesome fight though).

He's going to have amp it up against better fighters but I'm loving this guy so far.

pixelation

Am i imagining things or... did Chavez Jr. say something like... HEY!!! when he it the ground?, like he was complaining that he got knocked down somehow?, i seem to read that in his lips lol.

Agreed. The only knock on him is that he's a slow starter. Even more so than Lamont Peterson(that would be an awesome fight though).

He's going to have amp it up against better fighters but I'm loving this guy so far.

I think Crawford started slow on purpose, he even mentioned it in the interview how they told him to start slow. He is kind of like Floyd where he sees what their opponent has in the first few rounds before really going in.

Turin

Banned
I think Crawford started slow on purpose, he even mentioned it in the interview how they told him to start slow. He is kind of like Floyd where he sees what their opponent has in the first few rounds before really going in.

I heard that but I'm not sure he wouldn't have been caught by something if he was in with someone a little better.

Then again, his experience against Gamboa should prove invaluable when he fights bigger guys.

Preparing Manny Pacquaio for Floyd Mayweather fight saves me from suicide, says Freddie Roach

“I have a new neurologist and I told him that sometimes I think about killing myself. He asked me why and I said: ‘It’s just f------ difficult sometimes dealing with this s---’. He said maybe I should see a psychologist. I said: ‘Doc, I’m just kidding. I might think about it but I would never hurt myself. I am not that brave.’ ”

However, there is sincerity in his comment. “I had a lot of questions after Robin Williams, the actor who had Parkinsons and had a lot of other problems, killed himself.

“I’m on the same medications that he was on. The medicine helps in a bad way. You go to training camp and you’re in this little hotel room for several weeks – you think about jumping out the window some days. But that would hurt too much if I got the landing wrong. I’m just killing time. I’m not going to hurt myself. I have to convince my neurologist that I’m not that sort of person.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...saves-me-from-suicide-says-Freddie-Roach.html

Tom_Cody

Khan-Algieri is coming up the Barclay's Center. I bought tickets to the last show there (Garcia-Peterson/Quillin-Lee) and I kind of want to go to this one as well.

I was on the fence, but then I heard that ringside seats are less than $300. I was ready to buy tickets, but then I found out that they are actually given away seats since they want the house to look full for TV.

I bought tickets to the last show, and now I feel like somewhat of a sucker. Giving away tickets can't be good for their long-term business model.

I signed up for the free tickets (why not) and I guess I'll just have to see if I get them. If not, I think I will consider paying for tickets. Sitting ringside is a novelty that I kind of don't want to ignore.

Top Bottom