• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

The "holding!" thing has been pretty bizarre. How many clinches were there throughout the fight? Not enough to jump out at me, that's for sure. These people just do not watch boxing.

It's a bizarre complaint. The fight itself was pretty light on clinching, and certainly no more than average, even in the initial rounds. In the last half of the fight, clinching was hardly present.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Canelo is about to fight. Hello?

edit: wtf is that, what a horrible match up

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This was about to be stopped by the ref, in round 1, lol, what a horrible match up.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
lol you guys should have heard the french commentators, they went nuts outright

edit: still going, "fight of the year!" lol

Tubie

What a fucking uppercut, didn't end it with it, but that looked crazy in the replay.

I hope Kirkland is ok, Canelo looked worried about him.

Canelo rocked him. Entertaining while it lasted.

Kirkland's defense is nonexistent and everyone knew he'd come out throwing like crazy. Unfortunately for him, Canelo can brawl while also keeping his wits about him. He knew exactly when to counter Kirkland's wide-open haymakers.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I like Cotto, been a while since I watched him fight, I would root for him, but I like Canelo too, I was impressed tonight, Kirkland was landing some strong hits.

v1lla21

Kirkland showed no defense and came out like a bull which was expected. I'm surprised he was still landing some good punches in the second after getting rocked. But yeah, here's hoping we get Canelo/Cotton later in the year.

Top Bottom