• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

BadAss2961

Damn, Duhaupas has one hell of a tough head on his shoulders. Deontay should work the body.

Crowd almost made Deontay punch himself out.

Wilder spams on those hooks like me playing Knockout Kings back in the day. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of technique there but he also doesn't appear to need it.

abuC

Gotta give Wilder credit for entertaining fights, he needs a ton of work but his PBC fights have been good to watch!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ref called it way too late, should have ended in the previous round, Wilder was throwing Super Punch Out moves at the end. Another and I think he would have thrown a roundhouse kick.

BadAss2961

Wilder has little to no technique but he's got world class power. Makes for good television.

I have no problem taking Povetkin.
He's a great athlete with some toughness. Usually guys like him can't take pressure and fold when they get into a dogfight. He might just make it because of this.

I think he'll keep distance and outpoint Povetkin.

Wall

Wilder looks like he has a right hand and not much else, to be honest. I guess when you are 6'7ish that is enough against lower level opponents. I'm not sure if it will be enough against top tier guys.

BadAss2961

Wilder looks like he has a right hand and not much else, to be honest. I guess when you are 6'7ish that is enough against lower level opponents. I'm not sure if it will be enough against top tier guys.
It's the heavyweight division though. Everyone is flawed in some way. Even Wlad, though he's become great at protecting his.

Wall

It's the heavyweight division though. Everyone is flawed in some way. Even Wlad, though he's become great at protecting his.

Wlad's flaw was his chin and not knowing how to pace himself early in his career or recover during a fight. Technically, he is about as good as it gets for heavyweight. Wilder is a couple tiers below in my eyes. Still, you might be right. Wlad might retire by the time a Wilder fight can materialize, or father time might catch up considering he'd be over 40. WIlder also might be able to impose his size on Povetkin, who is only 6'2.

abuC

Yup, the positive with Wilder is that he's vulnerable and will let his hands go which makes for some fun fights. His fight on showtime and his 2 PBC fights have been fun.

BadAss2961

Wlad's flaw was his chin and not knowing how to pace himself early in his career or recover during a fight. Technically, he is about as good as it gets for heavyweight. Wilder is a couple tiers below in my eyes. Still, you might be right. Wlad might retire by the time a Wilder fight can materialize, or father time might catch up considering he'd be over 40. WIlder also might be able to impose his size on Povetkin, who is only 6'2.
Povetkin's not all that devastating for a top tier heavyweight and will probably need the knockout to win, which is why I like Wilder in that fight. On top of the height, reach, and speed advantages, he'll also be the busier of the two. Plus he's shown that he can take some punishment and stay on his game. So I see Wilder outscoring Povetkin similar to how Wlad did it, just that Wilder will take more punishment in the process.

Golovkin-Lemieux less than three weeks away. With Chocolatito fighting as well, this is one of my most anticipated cards this year.

Haven't seen much information with respect to PPV ordering information. On Comcast's website, I see no option to order it yet. Also checked Time Warner Cable's for shits and giggles and saw no information whatsoever.

Since this is going to be HBO PPV, how do you think they'll work it, logistically? I thought it was typically a completely separate channel, not just regular HBO blocked out for three hours or however long it takes.

nQ7yf4n.gif

shame both fights are on the same time. lucas for me though ; )

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This Xbox game case chain is way more gangsta than Broner's.

gbcrKRr.jpg

edit: Broner's skirt thing should be illegal.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Postol is a stylistic nightmare for Matthysse. I am in favor of Matthysse but Postol is winning right now by about 2 rounds.

Top Bottom