• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Turin

Banned
Lets go! Ward vs Kovalev set for Nov 19!

Sergey-Kovalev-Andre-Ward-Fight-Gauge.png

Ward's not as explosive as he was during his 168 reign but I think he's still a good bit faster than Sergey.

Turin

Banned
So Andre's going ahead with that Brand fight as a tune up. He should be able to stop a guy like that.

Can't wait for porter vs thurman. Who do you guys got winning that one? I got porter.

I don't think there's anything Kell Brook did against Porter that Keith Turman can't do a bit better.

I don't really have a dog in this fight though.

Fucking boxing.

Golovkin's promoter say Saunders doesn't want a piece of him, so it's looking like Eubank Jr is getting knocked out instead.

Just saw this as well. Great news if true... Too bad there is a not-insignificant chance that this is a "let's save face now and come up with something later" move by GB and DLH.

Tom_Cody

Can't wait for porter vs thurman. Who do you guys got winning that one? I got porter.
I go back and forth every day. I give Thurman the edge in boxing ability and power, but Porter has an edge in activity and his boxing skills are underrated. I think it will be a split decision or draw type of outcome.

akileese

Just saw this as well. Great news if true... Too bad there is a not-insignificant chance that this is a "let's save face now and come up with something later" move by GB and DLH.

It's waaaaaaaaaay too far out for me to get excited about the prospect of the fight actually happening, but I'm intrigued.

If I had to guess, I'm guessing they're doing it so far out because they're planning to do a TV series based around the fighters and the build up surrounding.

That or they're praying someone knocks out GGG, which won't happen.

Turin

Banned
I have been saying they should just do what Ward and Kovalev did. Way farther out than I would have liked though. I'm just not going to think about the fight for a while.

Tom_Cody

I think I'm the only one who isn't excited for Canelo-GGG.

IMO Canelo's fights with Lara and Trout could have gone either way and he would probably lose to Jermall Charlo and Demetrius Andrade. I would also pick Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders over him at 160.

IMO Canelo's fights with Lara and Trout could have gone either way and he would probably lose to Jermall Charlo and Demetrius Andrade. I would also pick Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders over him at 160.

Andrade would absolutely give him fits. Bad matchup for Canelo in a lot of ways.

Turin

Banned

Demetrius Andrade, yes. I don't think the others you named are any better than Lara.

Tom_Cody

Thurman vs Porter tomorrow night, who do yall have?
I keep going back and forth. My current thinking is Thurman. I think he'll win something like 8-4, coming on late and maybe getting a KD or two. Ask me in an hour and I might shift back to favoring Porter by close decision, with activity being the deciding factor.

I'm a Canelo fan but it's just straight up shameful now. I mean, they are obviously protecting him, but it makes Oscar's sale fueled letter to Floyd about how he was afraid to step up and fight the best all the more hilarious.

Canelo is not the kind of guy where it matters if he never loses anyway. He can lose to GGG, and as long as he doesn't get straight up destroyed, he still remains a draw with the Mexican fanbase.

Top Bottom