• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Krusher over Chilemba by UD.

It was a clear win for Sergey but there were definitely moments in the fight where he was out-boxed. Chilemba had success making Kovalev miss while also tagging him with plenty of his own.

This should hopefully quiet the large contingent of boxing fans who think Ward has no chance against Kov come November. Compared to Chilemba, Ward is a much better boxer and a vastly superior defensive fighter.

Sergey has his work cut out for him over the next few months.

Turin

Banned
Sergey got more rounds to show off his somewhat underrated agility and reflexes but he can't be that technically lazy if he wants to even make a fight out of it with Andre Ward. He's gotta bust his ass in the gym before he fights Andre.

Kudos to Chilemba for putting on the best performance of his career.

As for Manny coming back in the Fall, we all knew there was a good chance he'd get the itch back. It's his prerogative. I'm not real excited to see him fight anyone that isn't Marquez. Fighting Crawford might be interesting if it's at 140.

GGG vs Brook sold out in 5 minutes

CnWfX44XEAAUWdY.jpg

Arreola learned Wilder ain't no Seth Mitchell. Povetkin didn't hold up his end of the deal but I hope they get Deontay a big name opponent soon.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Chris is shot as a mutherfucker though.. still Wilder did good.. and he fought through the injury.

BTW, I think Brook v GGG is a huge mismatch. As bad as Khan v Canelo.

Leunam

Crawford. I put a lot of stock in Postol and I think it'll be a good fight. Crawford should still have a tough time even after he turns it up in the middle rounds.

Turin

Banned
I recall Mattysse was timing Postol very well in there fight but he didn't have the range to connect most of the time. Obviously, Crawford has better timing and he's much closer to Postol's height and reach.

TuXx

50/50 fight but if I had to choose, I'll go with Postol.

Postol handled Matthysse's power pretty well so he'll be able to take Crawford into deep waters. Crawford hasn't really been tested yet so we'll see how he fares against actual competition for 12 straight rounds.

kinggroin

Banned
Boxing-GAF where the hell are you?? This PPV undercard on the Crawford v Postol fight is INSANE! Valdez just dismantling his opponent with terrifying precision and power.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I forgot there was boxing:(

At least I'm not missing this one.

Think the Matthysse fight caused people to overrate Postol. Lucas is a big puncher but a limited fighter. Showed his flaws against Garcia.

Not that Postol ain't good, But Crawford is another level.

Pac-Crawford looks to be all but a sure thing now. Of course, this could be typical Arum verbal jousting to force Crawford's hand in negotations, so, as usual, treat these types of reports skeptically.

Assuming this is true, this fight is a no-brainer, so good to see it's actually being made. The fact that it's going to be at 140 is icing on the cake. Good on those involved for making it and making it right.

November should be insane. Getting Pac-Crawford and Ward-Krusher in the same month is an embarrassment of riches.

Tom_Cody

Pac-Crawford looks to be all but a sure thing now. Of course, this could be typical Arum verbal jousting to force Crawford's hand in negotations, so, as usual, treat these types of reports skeptically.

Assuming this is true, this fight is a no-brainer, so good to see it's actually being made. The fact that it's going to be at 140 is icing on the cake. Good on those involved for making it and making it right.

November should be insane. Getting Pac-Crawford and Ward-Krusher in the same month is an embarrassment of riches.
Excellent fight if they can get it signed.

It's going to be awesome! If crawford wins I wonder if people will want to get Floyd out of retirement to face him.

3Sixty

Good card in Leeds tonight. Couple of matchroom mismatches but Nurse vs Coyle, Whyte vs Allen and Warrington vs Hyland should be good fights.

Top Bottom