• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Super close fight, I had it a draw, but 115-113 to either guy is fine....that 117 card is wacked. Still a good fight, love to see a rematch. Not sure what Santa Cruz was talking about with the fans cheering being why he lost. That was kind of 😒

I had it close, but I believe Frampton took it. He landed the cleaner, harder shots throughout the night. It seem like LSC was going through different plans to try to find his positioning but couldn't secure the W.

Didn't he want to fight some MMA fighter last week? King Kon is a joke.

UK anti doping just announced they charged and suspended Tyson Fury in June for using a banned substance.

They should put Terence Crawford on the undercard to hype a potential matchup next year. However with Manny's waning PPV numbers they're going to be cheap, so they probably wouldn't be willing to spend enough to get Crawford vs a decent opponent.

Turin

Banned
Ward looked slightly sharper. Probably a good thing he got these rounds in before Kovalev.

I'm fairly confident Andre beats Sergey. He's consistently gone to a higher level when the stakes were at there highest(Kessler, Froch, Dawson).

Ward is boring. Should have had that can out of there in less than 5 rounds. Always looking to clinch. Just a trash fight. Hoping Kovelev knocks his block off so he can go back to fighting in front of groupon b1g1 free tickets papered crowds in Oakland.

Turin

Banned
Ward is boring. Should have had that can out of there in less than 5 rounds. Always looking to clinch. Just a trash fight. Hoping Kovelev knocks his block off so he can go back to fighting in front of groupon b1g1 free tickets papered crowds in Oakland.

ec4e9d4b-4abb-49fa-9f85-0879872454c3_text.gif

I guess you can call me Mr. Salty, but dude acting like he's #1 p4p shouldn't be carrying a guy ranked in the 30s of a lower weight class for 12 rounds of John Ruiz style.

I mean it happens. He dominated all 12 rounds, he's not a KO artist, and his opponent had a great chin and fought defensively. You act as if he didn't want the knockout, he was going for it but couldn't even stun him. No need to force it.

What's important is we get the fight we all wanted.

Biolink

I've heard he's been having problems making 147 so I always saw 154 in the immediate future for him. To jump up 2 entire weight classes and fight the best at that division is a bit much though. I just don't see this ending well.

Turin

Banned
I can't wait for Errol Spence to mix it up with the top welterweights. He'll be in the pound for pound discussion before long.

Thurman, Brook, Garcia, Khan. I think he beats them all.

I think Terrence Crawford or Tim Bradley would be more interesting tests for him but that won't happen anytime soon.

Biolink

Errol Spence is gonna be a problem. Think he's better than Thurman. And is now the mandatory for Kelly Brook.

Kell Brook gonna vacate. Think he goes to 154. Either way the farce needs to end. He's 30 has been in the division forever and his best win is Shawn Porter.

abuC

Nobody is going to fight Spence, he's got all the ingredients of being avoided, a tall hard hitting southpaw that goes to the body?

TheCrow

Of course. I'm a big Golovkin fanboy so I'm pumped. I just hope there isn't no upset because that would make for a rather bad birthday present for me.

Edit: Anyone else watching PBC tonight? Interested in seeing Daniel Jacobs since hopefully he faces Golovkin next.

Top Bottom