• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

I have Kell winning that round.

Despite Kell exposing and exploiting Golovkin's flaws, he's taking way too much punishment and I can't see Kell lasting to the end.

He's going to have to take a lot more left hooks if he's going to go the distance

And at some point he's not going to see them coming. From round one he looked worried about it

Golovkin better hope this doesn't go the distance, because best believe Kell is getting the benefit of the doubt and the close rounds in the judging being it's in the UK.

I got brook up 2-1. GGG looks sick and slow and not ready. Brook is really slow footed and this is a perfect fight for him. He can't beat a quicker fighter like Mayweather or manny.

Tubie

Brook was eventually going down, but at the very least the corner could've given him another round and see he could recover.

Can't argue with that to be honest, the punishment was adding up and it was a matter of when, not if, Brook was getting knocked out.

Fair play to his corner for doing their job and looking after their fighter.

Wow. GGG is just something special.

A great showing by Brook, going up the two weight classes.

LOL @ GGG being something special. This fight didn't show it and it remains to be seen where Golovkin is at. Golovkin is still waiting for a career defining fight, and he's only getting older.

Good fight. Good stoppage. He really exposed GGG's game. Props to Brook for hanging in there and landing some decent shots that did make it seem like he was winning.

I know it is somewhat typical of GGG to rush his opponents but for once, we saw a boxer who took advantage of it and boxed with GGG.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah disappointing end to what was going down to be a good fight... but let's be honest Brook was getting fucking mugged that last round... and it was inevitable what way this was going to go.

Brook hit GGG with his best shots MULTIPLE times and it did nothing... GGG wasn't going to stop hurting Brook.

I just wish they let the round finish.

BUT, that's the most vulnerable GGG has looked pretty much ever.

1. No way should they rematch. Brook was totally outclassed, couldn't hurt him.

2. Must be a broken eye socket or something, it was definitely done for a reason.

jayvo

Bullshit stoppage. He should've completed the round at least. GGG was very vulnerable against Brook here. Whether Brook would go down at some point is irrelevant.

Only age is going to beat this guy I think.

Golovkin has yet to fight a great fighter. He's fighting in a very weak middleweight division and didn't take the chance to fight Andre Ward for p4p number 1 at Super middleweight. Now it's going to be Kovalev vs Ward that's going to determine who's the best fighter of boxing.

Top Bottom