• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

A defamation lawsuit?

Pac is coming off like a bit of a sissy. I'm sorry but....really? He is willing to go to court over this? Rather then just abide by the contract that you already agreed to before you disagreed with it, take the test, clear your name officially, and make damn near 30-40 million dollars....you file a lawsuit against them?

Wow...:lol

Accusing GBP of tampering with the test is just as bad as saying that Duckman is juiced in the first place. This is a damned FIGHT. These guys are acting like they have never been around the sport. There has been FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse trash talk, accusations, and threats made in this sport, and I've never seen any of it result in a lawsuit.Tyson said he wanted to eat Lennox Lewis's children!

I'm tired of this shit. I'm done trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Pacquiao is juiced, far as I'm concerned, he is juiceman.

gollumsluvslave said:
But his statement in the defamation document and other statements issued by Top Rank says they are OK with ANY tests being done by the NSAC up to 4-5 days before the fight.

But the key point is that the body with jurisdiction should be making the laws, not Team Mayweather.

The easiest solution to this is pretty clear, and both parties should have NO issues:-

1. NSAC administer random blood and urine tests to both fighters up to 5 days before the fight, with a blood test to be administered after the fight. There should be a maximum cap on the amount of blood - maybe a max of 5 separate blood samples.

2. This new procedure is adopted by the NSAC for ALL subsequent fights under it's control.

5 days is more than adequate IMO.

If either camp was not happy with this then they are suspect.

Far as I know, Mayweather camp was willing to allow the NSAC to do the test days ago, as long as there were blood test involved and they were random, they have been willing to allow any organization. Is it fud and/or misinformation? Hell if I know, there has been a lot of bullshit about lately, Mayweather himself has been quiet throughout, Arum has been the one doing most of the talking.

And for the record, Arum is just as sleezy as anybody. He is up there with Don King. Scaefer may not be a saint but it's not like there are any saints in this business.

I cannot believe this shit though. This is either a very good publicity stunt by both teams (People have been saying that for some time, but honestly, from my perspective, it looks like things keep getting progressively worse and worse and at this point I don't think the fight will happen even though I did just a week ago) or the fight is over. I doubt they fight if this lawsuit goes anywhere.

Fuck espn, those cocksuckers. I was watching espnews last night and the fight came up. The guy said "looks like the pacman/mayweather fight is on!!! .......... The legal fight that is".

Got my fucking hopes up for a split second.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4803490

The much-anticipated showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, tentatively scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, isn't happening, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

"The fight's off," Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, said from Las Vegas.

The fight died after a last-ditch attempt at mediation failed.

Arum said Pacquiao would move on and likely fight junior middleweight titlist Yuri Foreman on March 13 or March 20.

KevinRo

harSon said:
Thanks for being a douchebag Pacquiao

Why don't people see that it's Mayweather being the asshole here? He's trying to get the psychological advantage anyway he can.

Don't you know the only reason the fight is being held in Las Vegas, when Jerry Jones was willing to pay ALOT more to have it in the Cowoboys' new stadium, is because Mayweather wanted it there. He even refused to send one of his representatives to meet with Jerry Jones.

I'm sorry, as stupid as taking a random drugtest before the fight might seem a no-brainer, professionals are extremely into routine. You fuck up the routine, you fuck with their mind.

Does anyone believe that this fight won't take place this yea at some pointr? Call me cynical but a fight that would've had about a days coverage on espn the day it was announced has now managed to have free publicity pretty much everyday for a while now.

Clott

Mayweather never wanted to fight, and we are all suckers for ever believeing him, Since when does a player in a sport get to come up with random rules, if he presented it to the commission that would be something else entirely. Even scientists tried to tell him that if you use HGH, to get good results you would need to pair it up with steroids, which would be caught in a urine test.

In retrospect as soon as may came in with his righteous request, pacman should have counter with getting mayweather to agree to getting checked for anal sex with ellerbe.

Slizz

Now that these 2 aren't fighting each other, where does boxing go from here? It's been on it's last leg for a while now and this certainly doesn't help.

EYEL1NER

Well, that is pretty disappointing. I couldn't believe I was actually getting hyped for a boxing match. But it seemed like every week there was more bitching and excuses coming from Mayweather. Fuck...

harSon

Banned
EYEL1NER said:
Well, that is pretty disappointing. I couldn't believe I was actually getting hyped for a boxing match. But it seemed like every week there was more bitching and excuses coming from Mayweather. Fuck...

Come up with an example.

harSon said:
Pacquiao bitched about the fight being to soon, claiming 4 months was not enough time to recover from a one sided bout and prepare for another fight. Nevermind the fact that it's Pacquiao's excuse of running for congressional office in the Phillipenes that is the main factor in the match being rushed.

Mayweather agreed to take a $10million deduction for every pound he comes in overweight, an unheard of figure.

Mayweather originally wanted the fight to be at Jr. Middleweight with 10-ounce gloves, but agreed to do the fight at 147 with 8-ounce gloves like the Pacquiao camp wanted.

Mayweather asks for Olympic style testing. Pacquiao says he's afraid of needles and reacts badly to blood being drawn, they ask for blood testing 30+ days before the match and directly after but experts say it's absolutely useless for any kind of anti dope testing.

Mayweather retracts his demands and says that his camp is down for alternative organizations to do the testing, as long as the blood/urine tests are unscheduled and not infrequent. The Pacquiao camp finds this unsatisfactory and sets a one day deadline for the Mayweather camp to come to agreement with them, if they don't, they'll put a Pacquiao-Malignaggi fight in motion.

Pacquiao threatens to sue the Mayweather camp and De La Hoya.

Is there something I'm missing? Sounds like the Pacquiao camp has been the difficult side of this exchange.

It seems like Pacquiao's camp was doing all of the bitching.

KevinRo said:
Why don't people see that it's Mayweather being the asshole here? He's trying to get the psychological advantage anyway he can.

Don't you know the only reason the fight is being held in Las Vegas, when Jerry Jones was willing to pay ALOT more to have it in the Cowoboys' new stadium, is because Mayweather wanted it there. He even refused to send one of his representatives to meet with Jerry Jones.

I'm sorry, as stupid as taking a random drugtest before the fight might seem a no-brainer, professionals are extremely into routine. You fuck up the routine, you fuck with their mind.

In HBO's series 24/7, Pacquaio was seen giving blood tests 24 days before his bout with Ricky Hatton (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24398&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter). It didn't seem to fuck up his routine then :lol

harSon said:
In HBO's series 24/7, Pacquaio was seen giving blood tests 24 days before his bout with Ricky Hatton (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24398&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter). It didn't seem to fuck up his routine then :lol

A one time blood donation? Compared to a number of various tests, and you said 24 days? I thought the problem was 1/2 days before the fight?

Read this

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...on-why-Pacquiao-does-not-want-his-blood-drawn

Arum has been calling off the fight for like 3 weeks now...it's obvious that Top Rank, Arum, and Pacs camp did not want this fight to happen, ever.

For all the talk about Floyd ducking, they are the ones that have consistently turned down negotiations, and who have always projected this sense of negativity about the fight.

They also brought a lawsuit against the potential challenger.

Mecha_Infantry said:
A one time blood donation? Compared to a number of various tests, and you said 24 days? I thought the problem was 1/2 days before the fight?

Read this

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...on-why-Pacquiao-does-not-want-his-blood-drawn

Who cares? Are the doctors going to be using voodoo on him or some shit? The amount of blood is negligible. This "it drains me" shit is one of the dumbest arguments I have ever heard, can't believe his camp stuck to that till the bitter end.

Edit : And as far as Pacman/Foreman and Mayweather/Malignaggi goes : not. one. dime.

Liara T'Soni said:
Arum has been calling off the fight for like 3 weeks now...it's obvious that Top Rank, Arum, and Pacs camp did not want this fight to happen, ever.

For all the talk about Floyd ducking, they are the ones that have consistently turned down negotiations, and who have always projected this sense of negativity about the fight.

They also brought a lawsuit against the potential challenger.

All because a non standard and non verified organisation in BOXING was going to do the blood tests, and Pacman said that if the Nevada State wanted to do the testing he'd be fine with it

At the end of the day it's like this:

If I get dragged into a fight, and I don't want to fight someone, the easiest thing to do is add diversion techniques, a la a blood test

There's no proof at all from anyone that Pacquiao takes Steroids/HGH, n oone mentioned this until Mayweather Snr got off his crack pipe and figured this is the perfect way to keep his sons 40 & 0. They didn't provide any evidence to support their fact, and that's why it's RIGHT for Pacquaio to say NO to an un boxing supported drugs test.

Mayweather, Snr & Jnr are fucking pussies

Mecha_Infantry said:
All because a non standard and non verified organisation in BOXING was going to do the blood tests, and Pacman said that if the Nevada State wanted to do the testing he'd be fine with it

If I get dragged into a fight, and I don't want to fight someone, the easiest thing to do is add diversion techniques, a la a blood test

There's no proof at all from anyone that Pacquiao takes Steroids/HGH, n oone mentioned this until Mayweather Snr got off his crack pipe and figured this is the perfect way to keep his sons 40 & 0. They didn't provide any evidence to support their fact, and that's why it's RIGHT for Pacquaio to say NO to an un boxing supported drugs test.

Yes, the blood testing was all a master plan from the beginning to end the fight. Mayweather camp was able to predict that Pacman and company would turn down upwards of 40 million dollars on the account of something as insignificant (that is...if you have nothing to hide, which is in question now) as blood testing.

They wouldn't ask for a 60-40 split. They wouldn't refuse to cooperate on the size of the gloves or the ring. They wouldn't disagree on the venue. They wouldn't disagree on a 10 million dollar per pound penalty. They were all sitting around saying, "Hey, you know what. We can get out of this if we ask for blood testing by an outside organization".

Seeing as how Pacquiao was supposedly for the contract before he was against it, this is even more plausible.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm sorry, I honestly don't know too many of the ins and outs. However, if one side agrees to pay $10 million dollars per pound if he is overweight, the other side had better go out of their way to agree to what was asked of them. That kind of money is absolutely nuts and the moment he accepted that was the moment that everything landed on the other side's shoulders.

If you have nothing to hide, agree to the testing and get to work.

shock33

Liara T'Soni said:
Yes, the blood testing was all a master plan from the beginning to end the fight. Mayweather camp was able to predict that Pacman and company would turn down upwards of 40 million dollars on the account of something as insignificant (that is...if you have nothing to hide, which is in question now) as blood testing.

They wouldn't ask for a 60-40 split. They wouldn't refuse to cooperate on the size of the gloves or the ring. They wouldn't disagree on the venue. They wouldn't disagree on a 10 million dollar per pound penalty. They were all sitting around saying, "Hey, you know what. We can get out of this if we ask for blood testing by an outside organization".

Seeing as how Pacquiao was supposedly for the contract before he was against it, this is even more plausible.

There seem to be quite a few reports that they pretty much only wanted one venue:

But Schaefer then infuriated Top Rank by refusing to travel to a meeting with the Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, who offered to pay lavishly to hold the fight in the NFL team's new stadium. Schaefer's actions, apparently at Mayweather's behest, meant the fight went to the MGM Grand in Mayweather's adopted home town.

harSon

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:

The Nevada state comission wasn't going to agree to blood testing, so saying that you would agree to it if they did is as useless a proposition as saying youd be in favor of murder if the federal government was to legalize it.

if Floyd really wanted to duck Manny he could just go back into a faux retirement instead of going through all this negotiating and public back and forth. There is no doubt in my mind that these guys do want to fight eachother, if only for the money. This is a matter of two camps playing a game of "Who's dick is bigger" the problem is the way boxing is set up it allows this kind of bullshit to go on. You think stuff like this would happen in any other sport? No. But then again no other sport would allow their athletes to earn upwards of $30-40 million for a single night of performance, so I guess the people involved like it just the way it is.

A major event that would make millions of dollars and attract more interest in the sport isn't going to happen? It's almost like it's boxing! Oh, it is boxing. Well, at least we can watch Floyd vs Matthew hatton on ppv for 55$. I mean that's what we all want, right?

Looks like Pac/Yuri Foreman and Floyd/M. Hatton are ON! :lol

Maybe everyone can pull their heads out of their asses and we can get the fight we want in the fall.

Or, what if one of them lose? It's a zillion to 1 shot, but say Hatton lands an eyes closed, one chance, equilibrium shot to Floyds temple? What if Pac tears his shoulder in the fight with Foreman? So much $$$ flushed down the drain.

Being a boxing fan is horrible sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Edited to add that if Floyd fights Mosley and does not demand the same testing, he is a ducking POS.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
KevinRo said:

Mayweather fanboy syndrome. No matter how cowardly he gets, his fans will always back him up. It doesn't matter how many weak or shot fighters he takes on, he'll always be the best in their minds.

When the fight was announced, I said that Mayweather wouldn't have the balls, and he didn't. He never did.

cvxfreak

2ihb4ec.jpg

harSon

Banned
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4806180
A day after their fight was declared dead, Floyd Mayweather Jr. said Thursday night that he still wants to fight Manny Pacquiao.

Their tentative March 13 megafight -- which many believe will be the most lucrative fight in boxing history if it happens -- was called off Wednesday night by Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, after mediation failed to resolve their issues over drug testing protocol.

Arum blamed Mayweather for the fight falling apart, but Mayweather came out swinging on Thursday.

"Throughout this whole process I have remained patient but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them," Mayweather said in a statement.

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass."

The final issue in the negotiation was about drug testing.

They agreed to unlimited random urine testing, but Mayweather also insisted on random blood testing, even though the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which would oversee the bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, requires only urine testing.

Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs) didn't want any blood testing but later relented and agreed to three blood tests: one during the week of the kickoff news conference, which would have taken place next week, one random test to be conducted no later than 30 days before the fight and a final test in his dressing room after the fight. Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs) would be subject to the same testing procedures.

When they could not come to an agreement, Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions, which represents Mayweather, turned to a mediator, retired judge Daniel Weinstein, who had successfully mediated a series of disputes between Top Rank and Golden Boy in 2007.

But after nine hours in mediation on Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., and further attempts to come to a resolution on Wednesday failed, the fight was pronounced dead by the Pacquiao camp.

The mediation was largely about coming up with a suitable time frame in which to cut off the testing before the fight. Pacquiao moved off his hard-line stance of no testing inside 30 days from the fight by agreeing to 24 days during mediation.

"We agreed to move the drug testing to 24 days under the supervision of the Nevada commission and Mayweather still wouldn't budge," Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's adviser, told ESPN.com from the Philippines on Wednesday night after the fight was declared dead.

The Pacquiao camp blamed Mayweather for his unwillingness to move off his desire for random testing until the fight.

Mayweather disputed that on Thursday.

"Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected," Mayweather said. "I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30 day cut-off. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

"In my opinion it is Manny Pacquiao and his team who are denying the people a chance to see the biggest fight ever. I know the people will see through their smokescreens and lies. I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight."

The drug testing became a major issue when Floyd Mayweather Sr., the father of the fighter, made several public remarks accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs without a shred of proof. Mayweather Jr. later made similar remarks about him using PEDs, even though Pacquiao denies it and has never failed a drug test.

The accusations led Pacquiao to file a defamation lawsuit last week in Nevada U.S. District Court against Mayweather Jr., Mayweather Sr., Roger Mayweather, Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy officials Richard Schaefer and Oscar De La Hoya.

If the welterweight title bout is to be saved, and still go forward on March 13, the camps likely have until Friday or Saturday to work things out and still kick off the promotion as planned early next week in New York.

I don't understand how people can blame Mayweather, he has made several concessions and from what I've seen, Pacquiao has made ZERO. Pacquiao and his camp has been difficult every step of this process.

People are quick to blame Mayweather but I've yet to see any legitimate information backing such assertions.

"MAYWEATHER DOESN'T WANT ANY OF MANNY, HE'S JUST MAKING EXCUSES SO HE CAN BACK OUT AND HAND PICK A BUM!" - Mayweather haters.

Back it up please, several people have backed up the opposite, it's about time you people present something that isn't 100% baseless opinion.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
harSon said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4806180

I don't understand how people can blame Mayweather, he has made several concessions and from what I've seen, Pacquiao has made ZERO. Pacquiao and his camp has been difficult every step of this process.

People are quick to blame Mayweather but I've yet to see any legitimate information backing such assertions.

As soon as I saw this article on my Reader feed I had a feeling it would be you to post it on here :lol

harSon

Banned
Update:

- Pacquiao bitched about the fight being to soon, claiming 4 months was not enough time to recover from a one sided bout and prepare for another fight. Nevermind the fact that it's Pacquiao's excuse of running for congressional office in the Phillipenes that is the main factor for the match being rushed.

- Mayweather agreed to take a $10million deduction for every pound he comes in overweight, an unheard of figure.

- Mayweather originally wanted the fight to be at Jr. Middleweight with 10-ounce gloves, but agreed to do the fight at 147 and with 8-ounce gloves like the Pacquiao camp wanted.

- Mayweather asks for Olympic style testing. Pacquiao says he's afraid of needles and reacts badly to blood being drawn, they ask for blood testing 30+ days before the match and one a day after but experts say it's absolutely useless for any kind of anti dope testing.

- Mayweather retracts his demands and says that his camp is down for alternative organizations to do the testing, as long as the blood/urine tests are unscheduled and relatively frequent. The Pacquiao camp finds this unsatisfactory and sets a one day deadline for the Mayweather camp to come to agreement with them, if they don't, they'll put a Pacquiao-Malignaggi fight in motion.

- Pacquaio threatens to file a suit on Mayweather's camp and De La Hoya for defamation.

- Mediation between Mayweather and Pacquiao's camp are put in motion. Pacquiao's camp's biggest issue with the blood testing was the possibility of random testing falling too close or on the day of the boxing match, Mayweather agrees to a window of 14 days before the fight where there will be absolutely no testing. Pacquiao refuses.

- The fight is called off.

So that's where we stand now.

harSon

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Mayweather is so full of shit.

Is anyone going to bother backing their statements with actual facts? All I've seen from Mayweather haters is a bunch of boohooing and baseless opinions.

Am I the only one of the opinion that the challenger doesn't get to make any demands of the champ? No matter who the fighters are, the challenger should just be happy to get a shot at the belt.

benita316

Banned
LMFAO at the Pacquiao fans who respond to everything with "Durrp I always knew Mayweather would duck the fight"

Wake the fuck up! Pac is the one ducking at the moment. Mayweather has made numerous concessions to the Pacquiao camp so I really don't understand why he's the one being blamed.

Yes, he wanted to add the blood test stipulation but it's not like that's a completely unreasonable request. People are saying he demanded testing because he never wanted to fight in the first place.

THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE!

If he'd demanded that Pacquiao tattoo Mayweather's name across his forehead before the fight then you could make that point but to say that Mayweather knew with 100% certainty that blood testing would prevent the fight from happening is completely assinine.

Seriously, open your fucking eyes.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Am I the only one of the opinion that the challenger doesn't get to make any demands of the champ? No matter who the fighters are, the challenger should just be happy to get a shot at the belt.

its boxing. All that shit goes out the window. Either side can make demands because one fighter is not making a $40 million payday without the other.

cvxfreak

harSon said:
Is anyone going to bother backing their statements with actual facts? All I've seen from Mayweather haters is a bunch of boohooing and baseless opinions.

I know what's going on, thank you very much.

Especially since I and my family have known Manny since I was 13 years old almost 10 years ago.

Let's get this shit popping!

Top Rank Boxing said:
Sorry Floyd...you had numerous chances to make the fight of the century happen. We are no longer waiting around for you! Top Rank is pleased to announce that Manny Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight championship title in a bout with Joshua Clottey, Saturday March 13, 2010! It's on!3 minutes ago

benita316

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I know what's going on, thank you very much.

Especially since I and my family have known Manny since I was 13 years old almost 10 years ago.

Wait, are you trying to start a meme?

I'll assume you are because I doubt you're stupid enough to think that spouting off about an alleged 'relationship' with Pacquiao could actually enhance the credibility of well thought out rebuttals such as:

Mayweather is so full of shit

cvxfreak

benita316 said:
Wait, are you trying to start a meme?

I'll assume you are because I doubt you're stupid enough to think that spouting off about an alleged 'relationship' with Pacquiao could actually enhance the credibility of well thought out rebuttals such as:

I was responding to Mayweather's statements, not to any particular argument. I was also responding to how gullible anyone could be to actually take any of that at face value.

The same goes for the other side. I find it amusing at how people in this thread are making long posts for either side with all this PR bullshit as a basis. It's laughable and unfortunately few will be privy to the nasty battle that's really going on that supersedes much of the imagination of people in this thread. You have to understand everything from past history to personal (non-PR) egos to see just how much of a huge disappointment this all is.

And I have known the guy for a decade. I wouldn't make THAT up now. I was there for Manny's humble beginnings in the U.S. =)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
cvxfreak said:
I was responding to Mayweather's statements, not to any particular argument. I was also responding to how gullible anyone could be to actually take any of that at face value.

The same goes for the other side. I find it amusing at how people in this thread are making long posts for either side with all this PR bullshit as a basis. It's laughable and unfortunately few will be privy to the nasty battle that's really going on that supersedes much of the imagination of people in this thread. You have to understand everything from past history to personal (non-PR) egos to see just how much of a huge disappointment this all is.

And I have known the guy for a decade. I wouldn't make THAT up now. I was there for Manny's humble beginnings in the U.S. =)

...but I thought Manny's humble beginnings (pro fights) started in the Philipines.

cvxfreak said:

who cares? Just because you know him and he's a good guy personally doesn't mean him and his camp (especially his camp and Arum) are above the same kind of bullshit posturing and drama that all other boxers partake in.

cvxfreak

DarienA said:
...but I thought Manny's humble beginnings (pro fights) started in the Philipines.

His humble beginnings in the U.S. Manny was nearly a nobody when he came to the U.S., but my family provided him housing before his June 2001 KO fight with Ledwaba. This is why I've been able to attend all of his major fights in the last 6 years, and why I've flown from Tokyo to Vegas several times just to see him, because he still recognizes us as people who helped him get to where he is. It's a small role we played, but Manny doesn't see it that way and doesn't mind buying us excellent fight tickets each time there's an event.

I don't blame others for not seeing him the way I do. Manny has an ego that's hard to understand. I sure as hell don't know how Mayweather works either.

I think Ninja Scooter had it right a few pages ago. The boxing industry is full of slimebags and both sides are full of shit. They both want the advantage and the actual boxers are often times manipulated by promoters and others with heavy interest in these fights. I guess this fight was doomed from the beginning, with everything from the location to the stipulations. I'm bummed.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
cvxfreak said:
His humble beginnings in the U.S. Manny was nearly a nobody when he came to the U.S., but my family provided him housing before his June 2001 KO fight with Ledwaba. This is why I've been able to attend all of his major fights in the last 6 years, and why I've flown from Tokyo to Vegas several times just to see him, because he still recognizes us as people who helped him get to where he is. It's a small role we played, but Manny doesn't see it that way and doesn't mind buying us excellent fight tickets each time there's an event.

I don't blame others for not seeing him the way I do. Manny has an ego that's hard to understand. I sure as hell don't know how Mayweather works either.

I think Ninja Scooter had it right a few pages ago. The boxing industry is full of slimebags and both sides are full of shit. They both want the advantage and the actual boxers are often times manipulated by promoters and others with heavy interest in these fights. I guess this fight was doomed from the beginning, with everything from the location to the stipulations. I'm bummed.

Yeah I agree with you there. Its the camps and promoters that have really hurt this sport I love.

harSon

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Let's get this shit popping!

What a joke of a fight.

If he's going to duck out of the Mayweather fight, he's better off waiting until after his elections when a real fighter is available for challenge.

And this quote by Foreman's manager is pretty amazing:

"I am disgusted," Wilson told Examiner.com and Boxingconfidential. "Manny fought Oscar de la Hoya, beat him so badly he put him into retirement, and Oscar’s [a] half inch shorter than my guy Yuri is.

"I told them to go f**k themselves. Here was a chance for Pacman to try for a record eighth weight divison world title and they don’t want it now. All of a sudden, Yuri is too tall. Let them go to Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus and find a midget for him to fight then."
http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/1239092/yuri-foreman-apparently-out-as

:lol :lol :lol

cvxfreak

DarienA said:
Yeah I agree with you there. Its the camps and promoters that have really hurt this sport I love.

You have no idea how much disdain I have for his camp and a lot of members in his entourage. Never have met people who have done nothing but become more pretentious as the years drag on and Manny becomes more popular. I also think Filipino fans have inflated his ego in a lot of ways. :lol

But I'm glad you can kind of see it the way I do. Maybe I'll snag you an autograph sometime :D

Top Bottom