• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

cthoaa said:
Amir Khan's twitter:

Fights been confirmed for May 15th MSG against Malanaggi. Training starts from 6th March in LA. Want all my followers to follow me to NY.

Can't say I'm surprised. Khan either takes on smaller men past their prime or non-punchers. I'd love to see Paulie pull it off though.

theBishop

Banned
I think I'm going to the April 17th Pavlik/Martinez fight in Atlantic City. Martinez won his last fight against Paul Williams on my scorecard.

theBishop said:
I think I'm going to the April 17th Pavlik/Martinez fight in Atlantic City. Martinez won his last fight against Paul Williams on my scorecard.
It was a very close fight that could've gone either way IMO. Should be a good fight but I don't understand why he isntvfighting Williams instead. I'm beginning to think that Pavlik will never recover from the Hopkins beating and never give up the sauce.

see5harp

cthoaa said:
The entire package -- long Rambo-like hair, crazy tattoo on his chest, angelic wife, crude fighting style, and sheer power... guy's a cartoon character!

Well wife vs. wife, Jinky Pacquiao looks like a rented mule. Valero's wife looks like she's barely 19 years old, which strikes me as strange considering they have 3 children. Jinky Pacquiao though....housewife.

SUPREME1

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
so even Mosley has no problem with the blood testing? I don't want to believe Paq is roiding but....

Mosley has a proven history of juicing. He HAS to agree to it.

No bearing on Pac's decision imo.

jacket320

Anyone here ever been to a state golden gloves tournament? I'm thinking of going but have never seen any live boxing (in person) before. Are there any things in particular that we should watch out for or make sure that we see? Thanks in advance!

Tom_Cody

jacket320 said:
Anyone here ever been to a state golden gloves tournament? I'm thinking of going but have never seen any live boxing (in person) before. Are there any things in particular that we should watch out for or make sure that we see? Thanks in advance!
Modern amateur boxing is simply awful. You would be much better off going to any pro fight.

theBishop

Banned
Any tips on buying tickets in Atlantic City? I'm trying to go to the Pavlik/Martinez fight on April 17, but I'm not thrilled with the seats available on TicketMaster.

cthoaa

kchz4w.jpg

Pacquiao-Clottey Weigh-in (YouTube)

Official weights: Pacquiao 145 3/4, Clottey 147. Clottey's going to be into the 160s by fight time.

I like the picture. Everyone's happy.

vqkz7o.jpg

JLC is weathered, but I think he actually looks healthier here for the weigh-in than he did 9-10 weeks out.

Anybody in GAF Boxes? I just got back into it since 1999. I fought in the Metros back in the day. I missed Boxing so, much, I just got back into it. I learned never let a women let dictate your life. Or actually any person. I'm 200 right now. My goal is to go back into my weight class. 180(All muscle).

XiaNaphryz said:
Undercard for this Saturday's fight looks underwhelming. Surprise!
wat

How could Soto-Diaz or Castillo-Gomez possibly be described as underwhelming?

Can't wait for this card, praying that Clottey can keep it competitive.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BigKaboom2 said:
wat

How could Soto-Diaz or Castillo-Gomez possibly be described as underwhelming?

Can't wait for this card, praying that Clottey can keep it competitive.
Just a gut feeling the fights won't turn out as good as they look on paper. :(

nomster

Jackson50 said:
Duddy will win by UD. He was in control the majority of the fight.

*edit* I disagree with the outcome. A SD is mildly surprising.
Especially surprising given that a point was taken for Medina and that judge still had him winning by 3 points. They did point out that all three judges are relatively inexperienced at least when it comes to bigger fights.

Jackson50

BigKaboom2 said:
It's impossible to agree with a split decision.
Oh, I appreciate you clarifying that. Also, there is no need for you to edit your post.

nomster said:
Especially surprising given that a point was taken for Medina and that judge still had him winning by 3 points. They did point out that all three judges are relatively inexperienced at least when it comes to bigger fights.
Yes, that is true. However, considering that it was a rather boring and insignificant fight, I am not going to waste time complaining about the judging. Duddy should have won, and he did.

Jackson50

That fight was boring and even until the fourth round. Castillo looked tired and beleaguered. I would not be surprised if he retires.

see5harp

I've sent the link to 4 people, hopefully the next person that asks can get it from them...excited I don't have to drink 30 miles to see the main event.

see5harp

Post if you have the link. People should be exchanging the link. I don't want it to go down, but I'm sick of responding to PMs.

Top Bottom