• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

see5harp

man....diaz looks so damn sloppy in every fight I've seen. I admire his heart and chin but the guy just seems too much of a brawler to make it back.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Would be awesome to see Clottey win, don't see it happening though. Hopefully he busts this out again:

332t402.jpg

see5harp

I see Clottey winning 2-3 rounds max....I just don't think he can shell up and hope to counter. Manny is not going to stand around and wait for the counter shots and he'll be circling to his right with his right hook. Manny's straight left will get in there at some point....I don't see how Joshua is supposed to stop all of them.

Jackson50

Yay, Soto is victorious! As sad as this sounds, that was probably hitherto the most entertaining fight. I hope the main event delivers.

dem

Could someone in boxing please get the hint and put together a decent fight card like they do in mma and k-1?

This card is being sold by 1 name. for what.. 60 dollars? Sickening

see5harp

You act like the last few MMA events have been entirely great. There is something to say about getting more than one event, but not a single fight in MMA gets me excited like a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight.

see5harp said:
You act like the last few MMA events have been entirely great. There is something to say about getting more than one event, but not a single fight in MMA gets me excited like a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight.
While UFC 108 didn't have many big names minus Evans, only on figt on the while damn card went to decision. Even the so called shitty UFC PPV events are great.

see5harp

I'll agree on pricing. Nothing should cost $60. Maybe they should try and play boxing on national TV. I like both, but people wouldn't pay to see Hershel Walker on an boxing undercard. Regardless of how the fights turned out, at least they tried to put some decent names on the undercard.

polyh3dron said:
Welcome to boxing.

pretty much. I remember when I was a kid and the family would get together for any and every Julio Cesar Chavez/De La Hoya/Tyson fight, we'd pretty much just leave the undercard on as background noise while we ate, bullshitted or played cards or something.

dem

"Manny Pacquiao is coming in now, not only one of the most popular fighters in the world but one of the most popular fighters on the planet"

Judderman

drawer by drawer
dem said:
"Manny Pacquiao is coming in now, not only one of the most popular fighters in the world but one of the most popular athletes on the planet"

fixed

Ninja Scooter said:
pretty much. I remember when I was a kid and the family would get together for any and every Julio Cesar Chavez/De La Hoya/Tyson fight, we'd pretty much just leave the undercard on as background noise while we ate, bullshitted or played cards or something.

Ah get out of my past!

see5harp

Clottey cannot just shell up without throwing like this. Manny will keep throwing into the late rounds. Another round to Pacquiao.

see5harp

Yea...some better exchanges in Round 3, but if Clottey slips for a second and decides to trade, he'll take damage. Pacman took some pretty good punches there though. Clottey's right hand is quick.

see5harp

Wow....some vicious body shots....Pacquiao is starting to finish up at the head. That 90's action movie double head slap was sorta funny.

Ninja Scooter said:
Clottey looks like he's trying to fill up a charge meter.

edit: :lol Paq throwing a Sonic Boom

and pac's throwing dem jabs like dat Rog

:lol @ Clottey shaking his head in his corner after his corner man told him to bring his hands down, take chances

clottey content as always to set up that cross counter, but not firing off

Top Bottom