• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bradley Cooper Reportedly Being Eyed To Play Batman In Joker 2 (called it!!!!!)

The Hollywood Reporter, who broke the news, is sticking by their story, too – and according to our sources – the same ones who told us about the Joker sequel weeks before THR announced it

Batman’s indeed expected to appear in either that film or, if plans change, then in Joker 3, as Warner Bros. is apparently planning to make a trilogy. But what’s even more interesting is that Bradley Cooper is said to be high on Todd Phillips’ wishlist when it comes to who should play the Dark Knight, as the director “really wants” him in the role.

And this is how I see it happening:

The only way it makes sense for me at the moment is to have Batman be a figment of Arthur's imagination.

But as for Arthur, at the end of Joker he (indefinitely I'd guess) ends up in Arkham surrounded by white walls. So what is he going to do with his time? He's going to live in his own head and create a world for himself where he can constantly amuse himself. Where he makes up all the jokes he wants that only make sense to him. This is a world where he can do over the top things and get away with it. He can prance around just like the Joker in the comic books. This is the only place I can see a man in a bat suit plausibly exist. How does he get there? How does the bat cave and the batmobile and everything else come about? That's the real creative challenge. You can't have all of these things in the real world. But in Arthur's head? She it. Cast Bradley Cooper as an adult Bruce.

bradley-cooper-batman.jpg

Thoughts?

I don’t know man. He’s a good actor but Batman? Can’t see him in that role ever
here's the thing

Joaquin and Bradley are like the same age

I'd do in in a nonconventional way

Arthur somehow gets out of the asylum

Ends up on drugs somehow, goes looking for Bruce, sees bats in the area

Due to the drugs Bruce's treehouse is now a bat cave, Bruce is now his age, suddenly Arthur is in full joker getup

It could be a twisted dream/drug scenario type thing

RAÏSanÏa

The thought of Joker acting out the delusions of his mental illness causing people to inadvertently react to him in ways that validate and feed those delusions is appealing.
Although, I was hoping(not overly strongly) for a take on a young Bruce pissing away his fortune on a childhood revenge fantasy given license by a learned wealthy liberal self-righteous conviction of "helping". Could see Cooper as Gordon.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
What should decide on who plays Batman? Batman is a defining super hero that's very important to the American public, let the people and movie watchers decide its a very important decision. I think Cooper is a good candidate, why not?

V2Tommy

Talented and popular actor has a good relationship and history with talented and popular director. Should be good.

Last edited:
The Joquer/ Young batman plotline would work if Fleck heard about the Wayne murders when he was younger and in his head thought "Wayne lost parents, I have no Dad, in a way we're brothers" and carried that delusion around with him. Him meeting young Wayne when fleck was an adult, never happened.

I think in Joker 2, Fleck will break out of Arkham and make his fantasy a reality, just so he can attract the Batmans attention, as he knows Batman is Wayne.

Fuz

Banned
I don't think they ever found a good, proper actor for Batman. We had some very good Jokers, though.

What if they bought back keaton to play old grizzly Batman.....joker could kill him off and new Batman steps up....would be a shoehorn into new series

Soltype

They need to get someone who looks like they could be crazy.Batman is a loon pretending to be a business man.Only Michael Keaton portrayed Bruce/Batman right.

Kenpachii

huge batman makes no sense at all. That's what killed ben affleck batman first. How the fuck can u be afraid of something that can't even move faster then a obese person.

Second was the total lack of believable acting and scripts.

Batman needs to be more lean, they went way overboard with affleck.

Last edited:

TindalosPup

I'm ready to see more no matter who Batman is. It's just not Bat's story with this film, and I hope they keep that going with the next ones

SSRyn6d.gif

I've always kinda thought Bradley Cooper would be a Batman someday. Time will tell.

Cooper as Batman is silly and we have too many cooks in the batcave if this is true.

The smart thing to do would be re-using Pattinson.

I thought Reeves made a good call with Pattinson (time will tell), but his other casting choices have been odd/woke... like Jeffrey Wright isn't a bad actor, but Gordon? Really?

Dano as the Riddler, however, made perfect sense.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Plenty of rumors around a Joker sequel and I think one will happen, but nothing's going to be confirmed until it gets its Oscar noms.

NickFire

I like the guy and he might knock the role out of the park. But please, please DC movie people; Whoever you choose, give them a 10 movie contract minimum. I know time flies, but it feels like there's a new batman every year or two.

Top Bottom