• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Braid (XBLA/PC/PSN/Mac) |OT|

Gowans

ended up skipping the level :( will have to come back

On a level called Hunt now, I can see its gona take some mega intelligence to solve.

Love this game and how it makes you think differenetly

Aeana

Completely solved world 2! I must say, some of the puzzles really made me think. The picture was especially neat. :eek:

Aeana

ntb825 said:
You mean like...

you know...

what?

If you have enough pieces, you should be able to see a platform in the picture. It's actually a walkable platform. Use it to your advantage!

duckroll

ntb825 said:
You mean like...

you know...

what?

Okay.

There are two puzzle pieces, one above the door, and one on a higher platform above the door. There's a jigsaw on the left that you can use to arrange your pieces, etc. Form enough of the picture so there's a platform. You should be able to see a platform in the jigsaw picture. Rotate and move the image such that when you get out of it, a platform is there. You can now jump on the platform to get to the other platform to get the jigsaw piece. For the piece below the door, move the platform so it connects with the one the monster is moving on. Once the monster moves onto the platform that is part of the picture, change it so it falls. Now wait until it moves towards the door and stomp it to grab the piece.

Gowans

guys the demo is only showing you a peak of the game, all the cool bits are behind the curtain.

If your an intelligent and appreciate games from what I have seen only in the puzzles in the following two worlds is well worth the money, trust me. Its only $15!!!! thats nothing.

I would recommend this to people heavly into great puzzle platformer gaming but its not for everyone (some of my friends wont be into it) but the GAF audience should eat this up.

RPS37

I was sitting playing the demo, trying to figure shit out and slowly but surely I kept getting more pieces for the puzzle. Then I started putting it together. Finally, some pieces started clicking together.
The next thing you know, the game is paused and Unlock Full Game is getting highlighted.

Ok, just got done with the first world.

Also got all the puzzle pieces there.

The one above the door was kind of tricky.

The picture has all the secrets

Gowans

I've had a break though on hunt!!! I was thinking I would need to get the pen and paper out to solve it!
but only two left
noooO!!!!!!!

Gowans

HUNT DONE!!!!!!

I'm king of the world!!!! Call me Brainiac!!!

After this world I think I need to go back and try to get all the other pieces I've missed.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
5h 30 min until I get off work :(

When I get home I'm gonna buy some soda and snacks and then just plant my ass in front of this game.

A small question; is there some kind of story in the game?

Jonathan Blow, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I wish to stay at your apartment a bit longer so I shall leave 1200 space bucks with your dinosaur friend in exchange.
MirageDwarf said:
Purchased. Got all pieces in second world. Fucking awesome. That crucial part was big surprise. Wasn't expecting that.
That's what sold me. Hopefully there are more moments like that.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Arggg theres this one in the second world that is right under a cannon. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it.

hitoshi

Absolutely brilliant, I've paying attention to it throughout the development process but i've never ever thought that it would look THAT good on TV. The music is easily the best since echochrome, I MUST have it. By the way, I'm the only one who's first thought about the music was: "Oh, sweet Firefly"?

Jonnyram

Just went back to World 2 and got all the pieces. No idea how I'm gonna do World 4 for now, but I'll see how much I can push my brain today. Amazing game though. People thinking the demo is everything there is to the game, you are so, so wrong.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Sorry, I meant world 3.

Edit: WTF? Something just appeared out of no where and allowed me to solve the puzzle. Strange, how did that get there....

Eric WK

These puzzles are so excellent. There are some that I see and instantly have a pretty good idea of what I need to do and then I'll get to the next and just stand still, completely clueless. And then once it clicks it really feels fantastic.

And the art and music are beautiful.

Nose Master

Hunt was driving me crazy until I realized you have to *not* hold A to get height when bouncing on the walking mustaches.

Pretty solid so far. Picture puzzle in world 2 was great. Only $2.50 for me, thanks GTA sweepstakes!

Gowans

sp0rsk said:
Sorry, I meant world 3.

Edit: WTF? Something just appeared out of no where and allowed me to solve the puzzle. Strange, how did that get there....

when you start the level theres a green blocker that starts to rise and a ledge coming out, if you rewind the level at any point during the start of the stage the blocker will rise before the ledge can get out.

Railer

Haha yeah.
There was one puzzle where i had to run when bullets came flying , and it was impossible..
But after awhile they just slowed down, giving me just enough time to run between them.

Sean

Banned
stuck on Hunt in world 2, what the hell do I do?

I THINK i have to jump on the enemy on the second level (part with grass etc) to cross the gap over to the right side
, but it's not working. either i'm not timing things right or i'm doing things completely wrong?

Gowans

world 4 stage 2 "just out of reach" I've went back got ever piece I missed came to this again and I'm still just as baffled.

Yagharek

RandomVince said:
I dont personally like the art style here (though I see how some people would) but to me it has a style that reminds me of a particular Amiga title. I cant remember for the life of me what that title is. Very distinct look...

Posted this back on page 3 and it bugged me for a few weeks ....

The game was Flimbo's Quest.

mr_square

Its out! Joy! I can finally ask people for help! I've had ONE piece left for about a month now (playing on Partnernet) - its been soooo frustrating!

The piece I can't get is on Level 3 or 4 I think - the one where you get a ghost of yourself when you rewind. Its on the far right of the stage suspended above a high platform, with nothing in the immediate vicinity. You can get a little dude across to that side by pulling a lever to move a bridge, and then jump on his head to get some height, but its *just* not quite enought to reach it.

Apologies for being vague - I'll try to dig out the exact level/stage when I'm on me lunch break :)

pswii60

Jack Scofield said:
Wow, this game looks amazing. I can't believe I've never heard of it until today.

Just for the record, how much is 1200 MS points?
$14.99, or £10.20 list price.

However, I'm not an idiot, and therefore get my points from Tesco.com, so only £7.71 for me :p

Maybe you can get points much cheaper if you shop around in the US, too?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Was just about to buy it when I saw I could only buy 1000 points. Fuck you Microsoft, you just cost Jonathan Blow £10.

Top Bottom