• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Braid (XBLA/PC/PSN/Mac) |OT|

Rlan

Argh I've got two more pieces on 2-2 and one on 5-4 that I still need to get. I'm sure I solved 2-2 back on the Partnernet machine I used, why can't I remember now? :(

Rlan

I will say though, the thing I love about this kind of game is that once you've figured out the puzzles, you'll feel smart for figuring out just what was required.

If you love Braid, definitely track down the two GBA Klonoa games as well - some of the best puzzle-platforming I've ever played.

Bernbaum

ItsInMyVeins said:
So, guys, how's the story in the game?

A winner.

You don't actually
get the whole story the first time through
. Moving back and forward through time forms a major part of the gameplay as well as the way the story is told. Difficult to explain, but well-executed, without being overly pretentious.

bryehn

Game just crashed my Xbox. Entered World 2 and read the story, went to the door...pressed B, and then nothing...black screen.

HolyStar

Banned
Wow, that was weird. I thought they would let you play through a whole level. Instead, they had 3 and you had to skip 80% of the puzzles. Will buy when I get more points.

Wizpig

Thread title just blew my mind, i didn't know this was also for PC.
Well, i'm going to buy this in minutes!

Purchased this morning and played for about 45 minutes. So cool and the soundtrack is amazing. My next nap I'm loading this game up. Yes I need naps at my age.:D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The last puzzle in world 4 argggggggg.
The one behind the door at the beginning of the stage, I'm at a total loss as to what to do

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Don't really like the look and the platforming mechanics seem all wonky, but that's probably not even that important in this game - what's important is that the puzzles look really awesome, so I can't wait to play this later today.

The OP says something about MS rewarding gamers for buying these games? How? I bought Geo Wars 2 and I will be buying this when I get home, so will I recieve points or something? :p

Sean

Banned
K7 Avenger said:
The OP says something about MS rewarding gamers for buying these games? How? I bought Geo Wars 2 and I will be buying this when I get home, so will I recieve points or something? :p

All you need to do is purchase any of the [Summer XBLA] games and you're automatically entered into a contest to win free Microsoft Points.

Grecco

Sean said:
All you need to do is purchase any of the [Summer XBLA] games and you're automatically entered into a contest to win free Microsoft Points.

You dont need to buy em actually just dl the trial

Rlan

Awesome, completed 5-4
Making your Shadow get hit by the falling enemy! Brilliant!

I'm still stuck on 2-2. It seems everyone else who's on 58 on the scoreboard has beaten 2, why can't I? :lol I need you to get DOWN from your ledge, you stupid Goomba!

adelante

shit, i've just downloaded the demo, only played around in the menu screen and its already made a good first impression... everything from the radiating abstract background to the soothing sounds of violin reminds me A LOT of a movie that I liked, The Fountain

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
World 6 room 4:

Damn't I can't get out of that tiny room once I get in there. I have a feeling I need to get on top of that cannon some how, but I have no clue. It's driving me mad.

Fireflu

The music in this game is godly, and I utterly love the art style, just finished the demo 100% (well as much as i could) and crave the full version now, but i have to wait for my damn points card to arrive :(

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Played the demo and really enjoyed it, shame I won't be buying it as I ain't paying for more points that I want. Hopefully they use real money for the PC version.

Ikuu said:
Played the demo and really enjoyed it, shame I won't be buying it as I ain't paying for more points that I want. Hopefully they use real money for the PC version.

This would have launched as a $20-$30 PC title, you would have saved good money.

Gowans

Ikuu said:

I love it when people justify there prefered platform choice by finding any reason to troll another.

the end of world 4 is breaking my head!

Ikuu said:

You can buy precisely the right amount at Zune.com.

JSnake

JSnake said:
Tight Channels in world 3 really sucks. I know how to get the first puzzle piece, but I just can't. Ugh.

Yes, yes I did it!! But I can't get the second puzzle piece. I can't figure it out at all. Any advice? Vague hints please, I don't want a full out explanation.

edit: I... got it somehow. I really don't know. They slowed down or something. HOW DID I MAKE THEM SLOW DOWN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BenjaminBirdie said:
You can buy precisely the right amount at Zune.com.
Pretty sure that is US/Canada only.

Gowans007 said:
I love it when people justify there prefered platform choice by finding any reason to troll another.
Err, if I could buy 1200 points on the 360 I'd buy it right now, since I can't buy that, then I'll see how the PC version is handled. Hardly say that's trolling.

Gowans

Ikuu said:
Err, if I could buy 1200 points on the 360 I'd buy it right now, since I can't buy that, then I'll see how the PC version is handled. Hardly say that's trolling.

fair do's I just know you have a PC preference and you know how it is on GAF people come up with stupid reasons to say why there platform of preference is better when we'd there is no shame in just stating your platform of pref.

Yeah buying set amounts is silly at times and working around it could be a pain, guess its no big deal to me as I always need some for new good XBLA games.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sp0rsk said:
Nevermind, I did it. Another one that just happened to work by luck. Humpfh.

i kind of feel the same way playing through the trial version. i just dont really get the games time manipulation logic. these puzzles feel random and i just ended up solving most of them by trial and error. not really fun.

shame, wont be buying. i do love the music, story bits, puzzle pieces, and of course, the water color effects.

PhatSaqs said:
Yessir. The points are tied to your windows live ID and usable across the board.

Do I need to d/l the Zune software to do it? I don't see the option for buying points anywhere, but it looks like I can with that software.

Ikuu said:

You can. Zune.net is you friend. You can buy in batches of 400 or get 1200 even.

gregor7777 said:
Do I need to d/l the Zune software to do it? I don't see the option for buying points anywhere, but it looks like I can with that software.

Log in to the zune.net website. Choose Social -> My Account -> Buy MS Points. No software needed.

Wizpig

Quick question guys.
In the options you can choose the screen size by looking at 4 white dots.

Well, if i press X once i can see the white dots, but barely, meaning that the edges of the screen [2-3 pixels, maybe] are cut out.
If i press X once again the screen is obviously smaller and it doesn't fill the whole screen, but at least i can see the white dots perfectly.

Which one do i choose? [which one did YOU choose?]

Thanks.

ascully

gregor7777 said:
Ah, gotcha. Well fuck me, learn something new every day.

You dont have to go through the zune thing, just logon your account on xbox.com and choose manage profile/add points

Phenomenal game. The written parts and the completed puzzles aren't sitting right with me though, by which I mean I suspect something sinister about the whole thing!

ascully said:
You dont have to go through the zune thing, just logon your account on xbox.com and choose manage profile/add points

Yeah, but through there you can only get 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000 which gets you more than you need for games typically.

Zune has 400 and 1200 which works great for the 400-800-1200 games.

Doytch

CronosBlade said:
Log in to the zune.net website. Choose Social -> My Account -> Buy MS Points. No software needed.

When I click Buy Points, it only has a Redeem Code option on that page. Does this not work in Canada? That'd be weird, since the Zune marketplace works here.

Top Bottom