• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Braid (XBLA/PC/PSN/Mac) |OT|

McBacon said:
Was just about to buy it when I saw I could only buy 1000 points. Fuck you Microsoft, you just cost Jonathan Blow £10.
Doesn't the Zune store let you buy smaller amounts?

On the game... world 4 is breaking my brain. :lol

Mr Square -
what happens when you hit a guy from underneath?

That's the one that took me two days.
I'd never seen what happens in that circumstance, I just accidentally did it on another level and then I was like omigawd

pswii60

The Innocent X said:
The website lets you buy 500.

However, I always recommend only using prepaid cards.
Not least, because they're much cheaper.
£13.97 (compared to £17.85 on Live) with free delivery for 2100 on Tesco.com

In fact, if you add two lots to your basket (4200), then use code 'Freedel', you actually get the free delivery as usual, and then like yet another £1.50 off too for some reason.

Of course, it often takes 7 days, but luckily I keep my points balance topped up with these cards in advance, saves me a fortune compared to buying them directly from Live.

pswii60 said:

In fact, if you add two lots to your basket (4200), then use code 'Freedel', you actually get the free delivery as usual, and then like yet another £1.50 off too for some reason.

Of course, it often takes 7 days, but luckily I keep my points balance topped up with these cards in advance, saves me a fortune compared to buying them directly from Live.

7 days!!! :(

Why didn't I get these earlier in the week when dispatch was listed as one day... ballsacks.

UltimaPooh said:
Ok, what the fuck on Hunt World 4.
Just kill them from left to right (beginning with the one on the top) and take in account that you can use any of the enemies to jump at any hight because the time-respawn (don't use the stairs).

pilonv1

colinp said:
Where can I get the soundtrack!!

This game is incredible.

I'd kill for a copy of the soundtrack.

Still for 1200 points I'm not 100% convinced. I'd be more inclined to try it for 800, I just don't know how long it will entertain me for.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
To pay for 1200 points would be to pay for 2000. I'll have to play the demo a little more before I make that jump.

How long is the game, on average?

colinp

Banned
pilonv1 said:
I'd kill for a copy of the soundtrack.

Still for 1200 points I'm not 100% convinced. I'd be more inclined to try it for 800, I just don't know how long it will entertain me for.

It IS expensive, but I think it is more about the quality of the experience for the time it does entertain you than the length. There is no way this will last me as long as Geo Wars 2, but I think as a tight gameplay experience I will get more out of Braid... Hmm, I hope that makes sense. Off to work!

FightyF

Banned
HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME ISAMU HAND ME YOUR SEDATIVES!!!

Finished the puzzles for 2,3, and 4. I'd love to keep playing but I really should sleep. I'll sleep for 3 hours and then go at er again!

deathkiller said:
Just kill them from left to right (beginning with the one on the top) and take in account that you can use any of the enemies to jump at any hight because the time-respawn (don't use the stairs).

Still cant do it like lol.

supermackem said:
Still cant do it like lol.

I already knew you had to go from left to right.

If you're standing still you stop time, right? Well what if you're jumping in the same place constantly while time is stopped?

I'm glad people are spoilering the level solutions. I'd be PISSED if I read the solution to a level I was planning on going back to.

Psychotext said:
I'm glad people are spoilering the level solutions. I'd be PISSED if I read the solution to a level I was planning on going back to.

Yeah, fight the urge to look at spoilers as much as you can.

It takes away the fun.

Also if you do spoil, you should make it fun and intresting so the player still has to think about what they need to do.

Railer

Sean said:
Can anyone explain or even hint at what I'm supposed to do here (spoiler tags obviously)?

Took a pic of where I'm stumped (the second part of "Irreversible" in World 3): http://mt15.quickshareit.com/share/img_00754ed35.JPG It's the last puzzle piece I need and I can't seem to figure out a way how to open that last door =/

Use the magic key on the first door, the normal key on the second (magic door), then rewind.. since the door is magic, it will stay open.. then just use the key on the third door

ElNarez

Banned
Green objects aren't affected by time. For example, a green open door will stay open, even when you go back in time. Same goes for keys, platforms, creatures or characters

Psychotext said:
Doesn't the Zune store let you buy smaller amounts?

On the game... world 4 is breaking my brain. :lol

The zune store actually sells points in 400, 1200, 2000, and 4000 increments, which is perfect for XBLA.

Sean

Banned
Railer said:
Use the magic key on the first door, the normal key on the second (magic door), then rewind.. since the door is magic, it will stay open.. then just use the key on the third door

doh.. *smacks forehead*

that was one of the first things i tried but
the magic key fell to the ground and for some reason i just didn't think of rewinding
. I blame it on lack of sleep, stayed up to download this :lol

Railer

So.. How do i get the second puzzle piece on 4-5 ?

It's the where you have to lead the enemy between t o plants to make it go down to a platform so i can jump on it and get the puzzle piece. I'cve tried several times, and i just cant time it with the last plant.. Going up the ladder and then going left just doesnt seem to be fast enough to get the plant to lower.

Yeah, Zune.net lets you buy 400 point blocks and they show instantly in your Marketplace account since they are the same account.

acm2000

UK Gamers wanting to stock up on points for this upcoming deluge of XBLA content..

2100 £13.97

edit: beaten already :p, also i will try the demo when i get home, but for 1200 i dont think i will bite :s

Just played the demo, got all the pieces you can get without much trouble.

The long and short of it, I wish you could rent XBLA games, I can't see myself returning to this after finishing it, and 1200 points is too rich for my blood. Would've bitten at 800 points.

Fireflu

pswii60 said:

Thank you so much for this information! with the upcoming haul of XBLA games approaching this should ease the strain on my wallet a tad!

PhatSaqs

Banned
The Friendly Monster said:
Just played the demo, got all the pieces you can get without much trouble.

The long and short of it, I wish you could rent XBLA games, I can't see myself returning to this after finishing it, and 1200 points is too rich for my blood. Would've bitten at 800 points.
The difference is a damn Big Mac combo.... it's not that significant.

FightyF

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

Well, if the Big Mac combo went up in price by 30%, I don't see it selling nearly as well.

I think his complaint is valid and that's the risk MS took in pricing it that much.

I think it's worth 1200 pts. I fell in love with the demo and it convinced me. For those needing a little more convincing, I can't blame them for not wanting to jump in at this point in time.

Anyways, this debate doesn't belong in this thread. I say if anyone considers the game too expensive, respect their opinion and move on. It has to be recognized that this price point was a risk MS took. They knew it would turn away some people. If these people want to voice their opinions, I won't hold it against them.

PhatSaqs said:
Yeah well I'm a vegetarian! I do want to play the rest of the game, but I wasn't blown away and everyone has to have their limit of what they would pay, I'm fairly poor/cheap at the moment.

FightyF said:
Anyways, this debate doesn't belong in this thread. I say if anyone considers the game too expensive, respect their opinion and move on. It has to be recognized that this price point was a risk MS took. They knew it would turn away some people. If these people want to voice their opinions, I won't hold it against them.

True enough.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
1h 40 min -- then I'm going home. I've already got liike 260 MS points apparantely, so I just need to buy 1000.

CAVE343

Holy Crap! I didn't know about this game till I clicked this thread. OMG its looks soo good, gonna download immediately when I get home! WOW!

This game is really awesome. I bought the full game after only trying a bit of the demo. Even the art, which I thought was terrible based on videos and screens, look good on my TV (except the actual main character who I still think looks bad.)

Blueblur1

I tried the demo and I didn't really like it. I'm not a fan of the music or the art style. I admit that its a pretty game but its just not grabbing me.

I did not follow the development of this game, mainly because for some strange reason I did not like the design of the mais character. So I may have missed the point why everyone was so "wow" about the game. After the "annoucement" that the game will cost 1200 pts my interested pretty much felt down and I was thinking in skipping even the demo of the game (I have so many games yet to play). So I left home today without downloading it...

But now after hearing all the buzz you guys are making, and after reading that incredible gamesutra article I think it was a mistake. I have to check the game!

Top Bottom