• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

What thunder units do you have Corgi? I've been doing pretty well and 2 of my units have BB that are bad for arena, Exvehl (no damage) and Rowgen (single target). Have still won all my matches except one so far.

Corgi

Banned
What thunder units do you have Corgi? I've been doing pretty well and 2 of my units have BB that are bad for arena, Exvehl (no damage) and Rowgen (single target). Have still won all my matches except one so far.

elulu,bran, rowgen,uda, loch

all 6*, mix of lvl 50-70 with rowgen at 100.

lordcyno

Wish spheres could be equipped based on team instead of globally shared. Too lazy to swap my spheres from my normal arena team to my thunder thunder team

broz0rs

Wish spheres could be equipped based on team instead of globally shared. Too lazy to swap my spheres from my normal arena team to my thunder thunder team

you can just keep the spheres equipped with your thunder team and find other lazy players in regular arena (they will be thunder teams) lol

this event is making me realize how strong the Halloween spheres really are. I use a Rina lead, but with Halloweens and Lexida, I'm able to consistently fill up my BB gauge by the second turn.

Shouta

I'm Running, Orna, Grybe, Uda, Rashil, Rowgen for this and all are maxed level.

I wish I had my Rina at max level but I didn't ge ta chance to evolve her. =(

But that's 4 units you need. In the video for example, while you do need a Mitigation unit, you could easily have Tridon and use a friend's Darvanshel if you don't have Mitigation. The only other important elements in the video are BB generation which you can get from a lot of units vs Mitigation which is limited to three units right now (with two Tridons, you could probably get away with running a 25% mitigation unit like Elimo).

Right, it's 4 units, but the point was it's 4 units that are months old.

Power creep happens, but it's not like Tridon is doing something so OMGWOW that everyone must have one or they suck.

Incidentally, we are so far past the units that existed in Raids when they first popped up that Tridon will basically be worthless there too. 2x Maxwell will easily carry you through the first couple raids, and be faster to boot.

I understand why Gumi rushed out the units (if you know future units there's little incentive to gem up and buy the current ones) but they've totally screwed up the power curve on content by doing so.

In Thunder Vortex news, good lord Thunder units are awful.

The good stat/effect units all have terrible Vortex AI.

Loch might just be the best Thunder Arena unit, as far as I can tell Loch is the only Thunder unit with both an AoE BB and the best Arena AI.

Xetherion

In Thunder Vortex news, good lord Thunder units are awful.

The good stat/effect units all have terrible Vortex AI.

Loch might just be the best Thunder Arena unit, as far as I can tell Loch is the only Thunder unit with both an AoE BB and the best Arena AI.

That's the truth. I've lost 2 matches now because all my AOE units have the same AI, to use BB on <50% hp enemies. I really wish one of them had a >50% hp or 60% random BB AI.

broz0rs

Participation in the Thunder vortex seems a bit dead compared to the Fire vortex. At the end of day one, the highest ranked players are currently at 40% point total of the final rank. Whereas the Fire vortex had several players that got final rank by the end of day one. I'm currently at rank 800 and it is a slow crawl to get points because there's not many players with ranks above mine.

desverger

Well, it sure took a few days but I'm glad I finally capped Hydraloid and farmed all the bulbs for evolving Tridon and Hydra to 6* and 5*, respectively (2x Water, 2x Miracle). Also managed to run the super gold vault a few times!

The only thing I'm missing now is a metal mimic but that's relatively easy to get.

With all that said, I'm not even sure if/when I'm gonna use the unit as a leader, I'll probably evolve him to free up box space and bench him :p

I'm sure he'll come handy in certain content, and I'm happy I at least have a decent mitigator unit, but it sure is annoying to not know when his dungeons are going to be up next time.

Also, if I'd have to eyeball it, the cap rate on the second stage seemed to be like 10%. Stage 1 is probably 5% and Stage 3 25%.

Participation in the Thunder vortex seems a bit dead compared to the Fire vortex. At the end of day one, the highest ranked players are currently at 40% point total of the final rank. Whereas the Fire vortex had several players that got final rank by the end of day one. I'm currently at rank 800 and it is a slow crawl to get points because there's not many players with ranks above mine.
Back then, we had the abp trick. Yeah, its definitely harder to rank up now. It would take 125+ wins to get 15,000 points at the fire arena, but this one will take a lot more. Not enough celebrated people to get more points off them.

The ABP trick didn't work in the Fire Vortex.

*EDIT* I'd say participation is down because the Fire Unit showed just how sucky the rewards are going to be from the unit. If they had 6* the fire unit sometime between then and now I think participation would be higher.

So the last few wins in Thunder Vortex, my wins are increasing, but my TP remains the same. It adds to my wins, but doesn't save my TP and reverts to it before the match. No one has been able to increase their TP.

It was odd looking at the rankings and seeing everyone at the same TP for hours haha.

Corgi

Banned
yeah... losing interest for thunder arena.

especially now knowing the stats of that... unit and with 7* heroes coming around soon.

broz0rs

So the last few wins in Thunder Vortex, my wins are increasing, but my TP remains the same. It adds to my wins, but doesn't save my TP and reverts to it before the match. No one has been able to increase their TP.

It was odd looking at the rankings and seeing everyone at the same TP for hours haha.

haha yeah. Gumi made an announcement on FB that this is a problem and they are working on it, but also encouraging everyone to play the Thunder vortex because their database are recording wins and losses. smh

TimeKillr

So today there's going to be a new rate up - healers.

It's a bit better than the BB support rate up because there's not as many healers, and they're mostly all good (although Ulkina surpasses every single one of them).

Xetherion

It's for 6 healers specifically: Ulkina, Tree, Rashil, Tia, Themis, and Elimo. They all bring utility to the table. Ulkina can switch between healing and attacking, Tree can heal and prevent status at the same time, Rashil can heal and not worry about dying with his Angel Idol buff, Tia has absurd raw healing power (BB heals for as much as others' SBB), Themis grants Dark buff, and Elimo gives dmg reduction. If you don't have a burst healer you can't go wrong with any of them, though obviously Ulkina and Tree are the best of the bunch due to status removal.

There's also a bonus of getting an imp or burst frog every 3 summons. I hope they keep doing this for other rate ups, i need so many burst frogs.

desverger

It's for 6 healers specifically: Ulkina, Tree, Rashil, Tia, Themis, and Elimo. They all bring utility to the table. Ulkina can switch between healing and attacking, Tree can heal and prevent status at the same time, Rashil can heal and not worry about dying with his Angel Idol buff, Tia has absurd raw healing power (BB heals for as much as others' SBB), Themis grants Dark buff, and Elimo gives dmg reduction. If you don't have a burst healer you can't go wrong with any of them, though obviously Ulkina and Tree are the best of the bunch due to status removal.

There's also a bonus of getting an imp or burst frog every 3 summons. I hope they keep doing this for other rate ups, i need so many burst frogs.

Nice analysis of the healers. I already have Tia so I'm most likely not going to pull from this event, though if I didn't have a healer, I would.

Corgi

Banned
with 7* folks coming to play where it will be more common to actually use leaders with 30% hp boost.

I can see ulkina losing some of her value now that healing SBB won't just be overkill.
Altri will be getting a rebalance patch to lower his BC cost for his BB heal too I think.

TimeKillr

Looks like super honor summon is up again!

Yep and I got a Sphere Frog out of it! Maybe they actually upped the rates for real this time... It's kinda strange, though, since I'm also pulling random stuff like Fire Pots, low level mobs and I just pulled a Magress... I don't really understand how they did their thing this time.

desverger

Yep and I got a Sphere Frog out of it! Maybe they actually upped the rates for real this time... It's kinda strange, though, since I'm also pulling random stuff like Fire Pots, low level mobs and I just pulled a Magress... I don't really understand how they did their thing this time.

I've gotten a ton of burst frogs! And yeah, a light pot and a 2* tree, lol. Not sure what's up with that.

broz0rs

Are these the Global exclusive Xmas units? Anybody have opinions as to whether they are worth rolling for? Hope everybody have a Happy Holidays.

Xetherion

They are Global exclusives. So far I don't think they are worth pulling, but need numbers on their 6* stuff to be sure about Jack and Eva.

Nick is just a poor man's Zelnite as he doesn't boost HC drop rate so he doesn't fill role of pseudo healer as well as BC gen like Zelnite does.

Jack could be good depending on how much Spark and Crit dmg his LS gives, but I doubt it will be much since he boosts all stats by 15% as well. Poor man's Grah, even though that's Jack's 6* and Grah is still only 5*, and Grah is a free unit...

Eva's LS sounds like it will be like Lilly Matah's, but she doesn't have the extra BC gen stuff on her BB/SBB so even if her LS fills as much as Lilly's she still can't fill the role Lilly does. She might be worth it if her crit rate buff is high enough, but since her SBB also boosts Def i doubt it will be.

Talents

Banned
Hey guys! So I'm about to hit level 82 which means I can evolve one of my 5* units to make my second 6*, however I'm having trouble deciding what one would be best to evolve. Here are the units in my squad.
Rowgen 6*
Elza 5*
Zelnite 5*
Darvanshel 5* (Leader)
Ulkina 5*.

It'd be appreciated if anyone could help me decide.

Hey guys! So I'm about to hit level 82 which means I can evolve one of my 5* units to make my second 6*, however I'm having trouble deciding what one would be best to evolve. Here are the units in my squad.
Rowgen 6*
Elza 5*
Zelnite 5*
Darvanshel 5* (Leader)
Ulkina 5*.

Which do you need more?
30 hit sbb with curse and 70% spark buff or psuedo healer with increased bc+hc and 8 bc activating his bb or sbb to party or a utility unit with damage, healing and status removal. This is assuming your leaving Darvanshel as your lead.

Corgi

Banned
Rowgen 6*
Elza 5*
Zelnite 5*
Darvanshel 5* (Leader)
Ulkina 5*.

Why darvanshel lead? You have Ulkina.

I'd get Elza to 6* and make her lead. Or zelnite.

TimeKillr

I'd personally probably do Zelnite over Elza first, but definitely Elza 2nd.

I would also try to replace Rowgen and Darvanshel for other peeps; they are both extremely strong, but not for questing, which is most likely what you are doing. You want those 2 for very hard content, not for questing. Eventually you won't even need healing for questing (there's a reason it's called Auto Brave Frontier) so Ulkina will be relegated to the team with Rowgen and Darvanshel.

If you have anybody else that has strong multi target brave bursts, I'd do that (there's a *ton* of options).

Zelnite as lead gives you more of everything - tons of BC, HC, item drops, etc. He's just insanely strong, as he acts like a BC generator and pseudo healer all at once.

Kreed

Gumi really loves trolling with these holiday dungeons. At least this time the spheres don't require an item you only get once.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Rowgen 6*
Elza 5*
Zelnite 5*
Darvanshel 5* (Leader)
Ulkina 5*.

As others mentioned, Zelnite is the most useful overall but Darvanshel is the guy who will allow you to do end game content.

Corgi

Banned
As others mentioned, Zelnite is the most useful overall but Darvanshel is the guy who will allow you to do end game content.

darvanshel 6* doesn't offer that much more than 5* though. Still find myself mostly using his BB for bosses.

seems like you can craft infinite of these holiday spheres. The last one is decent enough for people that don't have infinite legwands.

And the level 4 dungeon has decent drop rate for imps so if you have a good party to autobattle that one, i'd receommend you do that.

desverger

All these special events are just making me wish I had a Zelnite so much more :p

Anyway, if you're going for the holiday spheres, it seems like stage 3 is best for the snow crystals, and stage 4 for everything else - and imps, but I've yet to see any.

broz0rs

I tried stage three for a few runs but went back to farming stage four because I was getting less crystals per run.

desverger

Yeah, def ignore + one aoe is enough to finish those little bastards off in stage 3. I use Ciara for def ignore and Fiora for a lightning buffed aoe.

The last boss is not difficult once his underlings are down. He might be able to kill one 4* fire unit in one round, though.

But what about Frigid Frosty on the first battle, casting 3x Snowfall when your SBB/BBs are not charged? That's hilarious. And sad!

edit: Finally got the required Snow Crystals for the first sphere, the grind has been very real. No way I'm gonna do the same for the second sphere.

Here's my total item tally, from grinding pretty much only stage 3. I do not have a Zelnite:

Snow Flake: 232
Snow Crystal: 35
Miracle Frost: 83

Really feels like this event was way more grindy than the halloween event for example.

Just need honor drops now :p

Nekki

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to this game... somewhat. I've been playing for a while, not hardcore, but I managed to get most of my team on 6 stars and such. I've a question: Is it worthwhile to save up lower tier units?? Like, should I keep a Skull Lord? Or just fuse those units for XP/BB? Most I don't keep, but I've held onto some and I really would like to free some space.

Corgi

Banned
Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to this game... somewhat. I've been playing for a while, not hardcore, but I managed to get most of my team on 6 stars and such. I've a question: Is it worthwhile to save up lower tier units?? Like, should I keep a Skull Lord? Or just fuse those units for XP/BB? Most I don't keep, but I've held onto some and I really would like to free some space.
Only keep rs stuff is what I'm doing.

Anybody summoning for current batch? Not seeing anything I need.

Xetherion

Only keep rs stuff is what I'm doing.

Anybody summoning for current batch? Not seeing anything I need.

I was going to, but the rate up thread on reddit is showing rates below 7% for each of the new units. Also a lot of people have been getting connection errors and their entire gem stock is disappearing. Waiting for Gumi to resolve whatever issues are going on before I summon.

Top Bottom