• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

TimeKillr

I just got my Lilly to SBB10 lol. Oh well congrats on the great pull!

Hey I don't mind using yours - that way I can guarantee a BB10 Grahdens :)

Hopefully my Zelnite's been useful for you, too. With the Legwand and an Omni Gizmo he's stupidly strong. If there's a Grahdens leader he hits 10k HP, which is kinda crazy.

Shouta

BB Support Summon special is up today. I fucked up and used 5 of my summons before the time it would start -_-. I really wanted a Zelnite too.

Broke under 5k rank on FH. Getting to under 3k isn't that far off now.

Noticed people are climbing as much as last FH or is it just me?

Well Thunder Vortex is out this Friday. I'm ready.

desverger

In the end I decided against from pulling in this event. There's definitely a hole in my roster for a bc gen support unit, but I think there's too many units in this event.

I could also use a mitigation unit and an unit that can bestow a water element to my units, like Eve or Lucca, but those are slightly minor concerns. Oh well :p

Corgi

Banned
Broke under 5k rank on FH. Getting to under 3k isn't that far off now.

Noticed people are climbing as much as last FH or is it just me?

Well Thunder Vortex is out this Friday. I'm ready.
Jesus. Been pretty consistent yet I'm like 18k. Quite easy to fuck up a run if you mess up a turn during stage 1.

I seem to screw up like 1/6 of my runs. And not everyone has maxwell lead up so sometimes I have to use Elza which scores lower.

Man those 6* free units are pretty OK.

Mifune is a tissue paper nuke lol. God damn.

Jesus. Been pretty consistent yet I'm like 18k. Quite easy to fuck up a run if you mess up a turn during stage 1.

I seem to screw up like 1/6 of my runs. And not everyone has maxwell lead up so sometimes I have to use Elza which scores lower.

Man those 6* free units are pretty OK.

Mifune is a tissue paper nuke lol. God damn.

I got screwed over turn 1 a couple of times myself. Had to salvage it and get 1.5 mil if I'm lucky.

Man Lario is gonna be a beast in the next FH! His attack stat isn't that high though.
Zephu is a poor man's Nalmika, Luna isn't bad with solid stats all across the board. Yeah, Mifune is a glass cannon with a nuke on the end rofl.
These units are actually pretty good. Zegar stats, LS and BB/SBB are better than I expected. Kinda regret fusing him away now.

Need to farm Lario, then whoever I want to collect next.

Beast God Zegar

Lord Stats/Imps:

ATK: 1868 {240}
Def: 1602 {560}
HP: 5663 {1000}
REC: 1555 {400}

Hits: 10 / 2 DC
Cost: 25

LS: Increase damage during spark (50%) and during critical (50%)

BB: 12 powerful combos fire elemental attack to a single target (450% with chance to inflict injury (80%)

SBB: 16 powerful combos fire elemental attack to all enemies (420%) and increase damage during spark (50%) and boost critical rate up (20%) for all allies for 3 turns

BC Cost: 18/24 BC

Ice Dragoon Zephu

Lord Stats/Imps:

ATK: 1849 {320}
Def: 1631 {320}
HP: 5822 {1000}
REC: 1483{560}

LS: Greatly increase damage during spark (75%)

BB: 13 powerful combos water elemental attack to a single target (450% with chance to inflict weaken (80%)

SBB: 16 powerful combos water elemental attack to all enemies (420% and chance to inflict random status ailments (40% for poison/paralyze/curse/injury/sick/weaken)

BC Cost: 18/24 BC

Emerald Bow God Lario

Lord Stats/Imps:

ATK: 1632 {400}
Def: 1698 {400}
HP: 5854 {1000}
REC: 1822 {400}

LS: Increase BC drop rate during spark (70%) and reduced BB gauge required to activate BB (15% reduce)

BB: 13 powerful combos earth elemental attack to all enemies (190%)

SBB: 40 powerful combos earth elemental attack to all enemies (390%) and increase BC drop rate for 3 turns (20%) (DC: 1 BC/check)

BC Cost: 23/20 BC

Army Commander Weiss

Lord Stats/Imps:

ATK: 1554 {240}
Def: 1617 {560}
HP: 5821 {1000}
REC: 2011 {400}

Hits: 8 / 2 DC

LS: Reduce BB needed to use BB gauge (15-20%) and increase BC drop rate during spark (70%)

BB: Increase attack to all allies for 3 turns (115% atk)

SBB: 18 powerful combos thunder elemental attack to all enemies (420%) and chance to reduce enemies' atk and def for one turn (25% chance to reduce 50% atk/def)

BC Cost: 25/20 BC
Note: Weiss' LS is like Cardes.

Holy Goddess Luna

Lord Stats/Imps:

ATK: 1905 {300}
Def: 1878 {300}
HP: 5248 {1250}
REC: 1500 {300}

Hits: 6 / 3 DC

LS: Increase BB fill rate (20%) and boost BC drop rate during spark (70%)

BB: 10 powerful combos light elemental attack to all enemies (260%)

SBB: 17 powerful combos light elemental attack to all enemies (450%) and recover HP to all allies (2500-2800 + 19.6% rec)

BC Cost: 33/15 BC

Magic Sword Emperor Mifune

Lord Stats/Imps:

ATK: 2600 {720}
Def: 1353 {160}
HP: 5099 {400}
REC: 1511 {160}

Hits: 6 / 3 DC

LS: Increase damage during spark (50%) and chance to ignore enemy's defense when attacking (15)

BB: 8 powerful combos dark elemental attack to all enemies (280%)

SBB: 1 Massive combo dark elemental attack to all enemies (800%) (DC: 25 BC/check)

BC Cost: 34/30 BC

Kreed

I got screwed over turn 1 a couple of times myself. Had to salvage it and get 1.5 mil if I'm lucky.

Man Lario is gonna be a beast in the next FH! His attack stat isn't that high though.
Zephu is a poor man's Nalmika, Luna isn't bad with solid stats all across the board. Yeah, Mifune is a glass cannon with a nuke on the end rofl.
These units are actually pretty good. Zegar stats, LS and BB/SBB are better than I expected. Kinda regret fusing him away now.

Need to farm Lario, then whoever I want to collect next.

I was hoping they'd limit seven stars to just the starters for a while, but seeing that update for Mifune and friends there's no way. They completely outclass a lot of rare summons now.

I was hoping they'd limit seven stars to just the starters for a while, but seeing that update for Mifune and friends there's no way. They completely outclass a lot of rare summons now.

Maybe.

Those units make sense in JP, but if released as-is in Global they will be better than they are in JP, so we'll see.

For example, Lario isn't even particularly good in JP, but in Global he'd be one of the best units, because in JP units like Maxwell and Douglas have 2x crystal drop multipliers. When Maxwell can drop 66 crystals and Douglas 60, Lario dropping 40 isn't that big of a deal.

In Global BC drops have been nerfed and now Lario is way better, and I don't think they can put in a BC drop modifier < 1.

I guess we'll see how global handles these units, but don't be surprised if they are nerfed.

Corgi

Banned
new global exclusive looks rad.

iXqZ30d.png

Lord stats:
HP: 6185 Atk: 1885 Def: 2015 Rec: 1971
Hit count: 10 (2 drop check count per hit) Cost: 27
LS: 30% boost to HP, 50% boost to REC, mitigates 15% of damage received & 15% boost to critical hit chance
BB: 14 combo water elemental attack to all enemies, casts sturdy earth shield on all allies that lasts for 2 turns
SBB: 18 combo water elemental attack to all enemies, casts strong earth shield on all allies that lasts for 2 turns. Increases BC drop rate for 2 turns

mother of god for tanking. Not sure what earth shield does though, protect against thunder attacks? Seems kind of meh.

where the fuck is my shida batch :O

TimeKillr

mother of god for tanking. Not sure what earth shield does though, protect against thunder attacks? Seems kind of meh.

The rumor is that the Earth Shield is going to be like Cyclaw had - it adds a small layer of HPs as Earth Type that depletes before your HP depletes that is strong against Lightning. Who knows, though.

The people on Reddit are going nuts for this unit, and I think for good reason. With dual leaders, you get permanent +60% HP and 30% mitigation, which pretty much equals +90% effective health. Coupled with a damage mitigator this becomes ridiculously strong. It's stats aren't crazy, but the LS is super strong (and we still don't know what the Earth Shield is for sure).

Corgi

Banned
The rumor is that the Earth Shield is going to be like Cyclaw had - it adds a small layer of HPs as Earth Type that depletes before your HP depletes that is strong against Lightning. Who knows, though.

The people on Reddit are going nuts for this unit, and I think for good reason. With dual leaders, you get permanent +60% HP and 30% mitigation, which pretty much equals +90% effective health. Coupled with a damage mitigator this becomes ridiculously strong. It's stats aren't crazy, but the LS is super strong (and we still don't know what the Earth Shield is for sure).

issue is there really isn't any content where a defense LS is even required. I guess if you haven't maxwelled... not sure if I'd rather use grah though.

TimeKillr

issue is there really isn't any content where a defense LS is even required. I guess if you haven't maxwelled... not sure if I'd rather use grah though.

I figure it could help in GCC, Trial 4, etc. Obviously there is no other very hard content, but hey.

Still GCC level 3 can be OTKO with crit teams, afaik, so... That's the problem and it's what people are whining about - there's SO much more content in the Japanese version, and Alim are really good at rewarding players and such, while Gumi are being greedy, releasing japanese vortex units in the gacha (Lin/Ren for example were vortex in Japan) and releasing new unique units in the gacha (this new dude is global exclusive, like Ulthor) and it's just weird.

Right now in Japan they've announced 7 Star starters, and to celebrate *EVERYTHING* is 1/2 stamina, all evolution dungeons are up, etc. People regularly pull Sphere Frogs from honor summons, they've had burst frog dungeons and raid for a while... Gumi is weird in that there's a very, VERY good system in Japan but they handle it very differently in Global, so who knows.

I have a friend who absolutely *loved* the game, but he's tired of it now because there's zero content anymore. He just quit playing, and he was spending money quite often, but now he's just super tired of it since he has literally nothing to do but grind to increase his level. These are players you want to keep, because they're a constant influx of money, but Gumi is taking SO long to bring content to Global and they keep doing cash grabs that just piss off the serious players that it's going down slowly.

Corgi

Banned
I figure it could help in GCC, Trial 4, etc. Obviously there is no other very hard content, but hey.

Still GCC level 3 can be OTKO with crit teams, afaik, so... That's the problem and it's what people are whining about - there's SO much more content in the Japanese version, and Alim are really good at rewarding players and such, while Gumi are being greedy, releasing japanese vortex units in the gacha (Lin/Ren for example were vortex in Japan) and releasing new unique units in the gacha (this new dude is global exclusive, like Ulthor) and it's just weird.

Right now in Japan they've announced 7 Star starters, and to celebrate *EVERYTHING* is 1/2 stamina, all evolution dungeons are up, etc. People regularly pull Sphere Frogs from honor summons, they've had burst frog dungeons and raid for a while... Gumi is weird in that there's a very, VERY good system in Japan but they handle it very differently in Global, so who knows.

I have a friend who absolutely *loved* the game, but he's tired of it now because there's zero content anymore. He just quit playing, and he was spending money quite often, but now he's just super tired of it since he has literally nothing to do but grind to increase his level. These are players you want to keep, because they're a constant influx of money, but Gumi is taking SO long to bring content to Global and they keep doing cash grabs that just piss off the serious players that it's going down slowly.

funny enough I do praise the global team for these units because they are actually different in terms of SBB abilities. The batches have been pretty iterative for quite a while.

There is no content to put my team against. There are no units I need. I'm just logging on daily and just evolving some electric dudes just because... but that interest will run out.

broz0rs

I logged on to my account this morning and I noticed I have a new legendary sphere in my inventory called Leomurg. Anybody get one too?

TimeKillr

funny enough I do praise the global team for these units because they are actually different in terms of SBB abilities. The batches have been pretty iterative for quite a while.

There is no content to put my team against. There are no units I need. I'm just logging on daily and just evolving some electric dudes just because... but that interest will run out.

They are very different units, true, but their evolution paths are completely stupid and really bad cash grabs - must RS, hopefully you'll get it before you hit 10 summons, and then OOPS it's Oracle, then you have to have an evolved version of the vortex drop to evolve it, which requires Bulbs. Those dungeons *never* come back, so if you're unlucky and pull it after the dungeon's gone, well, say goodbye to 6* (people are still pulling Ulthor right now, which is absolutely RIDICULOUS as there's no way the Cyclaw dungeon will ever return). There's so many bad sides to this that while yes I agree that they have very different and unique LS and BBs they're still shit :(

I logged on to my account this morning and I noticed I have a new legendary sphere in my inventory called Leomurg. Anybody get one too?

IIRC that's the Black Lance that was renamed. It isn't a new sphere.

Kreed

I just hate the way Gumi releases these exclusive units now. Ever since Serin, Lico, and the other maidens, Gumi can't just put the summon unit up for people to summon or put out a simple vortex where you can earn the unit. There's always some annoying catch in order to get people to waste gems. And the units are never worth the trouble. I "can't wait" to see what hurdles Gumi throws at us in order for us to evolve Serin and friends to 6 star. Maybe a new evo item that never drops? Or a Vortex arena where the evo item is the top prize for rank 1-100?

I also agree with the content and I hope Gumi releases Raid Battle soon. It's disappointing as a Global only player to hear all these changes Gumi is making vs just releasing the content as is from Japan, because none of the changes sound good and they all sound like ways to hold the game back in order to make more money.

Shouta

That unit looks good but no gems currently and these hoops you gotta go through to get them is kinda eh. I'd love a super tanky unit but yeah, there's no content that requires it and defensive play in this game is mostly just mitigating enough so you don't die in one turn.

broz0rs

I got one on my tenth pull so I got two of them, anima and breaker.

Won't it be stupid if Gumi does this for every element? Fire and water is chronologically in order for elements.

Corgi

Banned
did a few pulls from FH gems.

engineer dude
dean
kikuri

Yeah no thanks.

Mitigator really is all you need for defense. Offense really is the best defense for most content due to how easy RNG can f you up. Win faster is usually better.

Ultor actually has a usage for certain content where he can fully utilize angel idols.

Not entirely sure about this water dude.

Like i've never used exvhel LS for anything, and this guy is just a better version of that.

Never needed to.

TimeKillr

I pulled a Breaker one on my 4th pull, so that's it for me, thankfully.

Also got a 2nd Narza and a Douglas, so hey, at least it wasn't complete shit.

Also apparently his mitigation just got nerfed to 10% instead of 15%, so... I spent gems for this? Ugh.

Well, it seems he was custom-made for the new vortex dungeon. That boss deals out a *ton* of damage, even with mitigation up. Level 3 is annoying, and you need good burst because he shields up a few times at the end. With 2 Rowgens that kept sparking it killed his shield in one turn, but then he'd just put it back up right after.

Xetherion

They are very different units, true, but their evolution paths are completely stupid and really bad cash grabs - must RS, hopefully you'll get it before you hit 10 summons, and then OOPS it's Oracle, then you have to have an evolved version of the vortex drop to evolve it, which requires Bulbs. Those dungeons *never* come back, so if you're unlucky and pull it after the dungeon's gone, well, say goodbye to 6* (people are still pulling Ulthor right now, which is absolutely RIDICULOUS as there's no way the Cyclaw dungeon will ever return). There's so many bad sides to this that while yes I agree that they have very different and unique LS and BBs they're still shit :(

It hasn't even been a month since the Cyclaw dungeon was out bro. You have no way of knowing these dungeons won't come around again. The Deemo dungeon came around again in Japan, though it took like a year or something around there i hear.

Corgi

Banned
I pulled a Breaker one on my 4th pull, so that's it for me, thankfully.

Also got a 2nd Narza and a Douglas, so hey, at least it wasn't complete shit.

Also apparently his mitigation just got nerfed to 10% instead of 15%, so... I spent gems for this? Ugh.

Well, it seems he was custom-made for the new vortex dungeon. That boss deals out a *ton* of damage, even with mitigation up. Level 3 is annoying, and you need good burst because he shields up a few times at the end. With 2 Rowgens that kept sparking it killed his shield in one turn, but then he'd just put it back up right after.

hear he isn't crit resistant and can be dual maxwelled. Haven't given it a shot yet because i'm not that interested in the unit.

But might as well keep that fusion material around just incase i randomly pull him down the road.

Corgi

Banned
surprised they didn't release the thunder exclusive unit to time with thunder arena.

wonder if the other collab units will be offensive. ultor and tridon are both defensive, give me some nukes.

broz0rs

PSA Brave Frontier Facebook page giving out codes for starter units. One starter to choose from per week, starting with Vargas this week. Can only redeem one hero for the entire promotion.

iXqZ30d.png

I already regret doing the BB support summon before learning about this event. I didn't know this was related to Ultor's event a week or two ago.

Here's what I got:
Luther (Guardian)
Luther (Breaker)
Spirit Rider Lucca (Lord)
Havoc Girl Luly (Lord)
Loch Ness (Lord; dupe)

Thoughts?

Kreed

I already regret doing the BB support summon before learning about this event. I didn't know this was related to Ultor's event a week or two ago.

Here's what I got:
Luther (Guardian)
Luther (Breaker)
Spirit Rider Lucca (Lord)
Havoc Girl Luly (Lord)
Loch Ness (Lord; dupe)

Thoughts?

I'd go with Breaker Luther out of the two. Luther is great for BB Spam teams and his single target BB with paralyze is useful in a lot of boss fights. Lucca is also a great unit due to Attack Up and her two element buffs.

Luly is a decent Earth Unit, but very situational. Prior to having Maxwell and elements for a critical squad, I was using her leader skill in Thunder Vortexes to provide extra protection + extra damage for my mono Earth squad. I would level up other units before her, but she can be useful when you need a mono squad/can't run another team.

TimeKillr

It hasn't even been a month since the Cyclaw dungeon was out bro. You have no way of knowing these dungeons won't come around again. The Deemo dungeon came around again in Japan, though it took like a year or something around there i hear.

That's the thing, and that's if Gumi ever decides to reopen those dungeons. I have a funny feeling the Maidens aren't coming back either. But even if it takes a year for them to come back, do you want to have a useless Ulthor (or Tridon or whatever) for a whole year? It's kinda ridiculous :(

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, really, I do. I just don't like how Gumi is handling it versus how Alim is handling it.

hear he isn't crit resistant and can be dual maxwelled. Haven't given it a shot yet because i'm not that interested in the unit.

Yeah he's not crit resistant. I still have to get my Maxwell and I don't have a crit squad built up so I can't quite OTKO him but he does hit very hard if you can't do that. Considering my only leveled healer is Ulkina, I'll have to sphere her accordingly so that she doesn't get focused like she always has (his AI is to focus on the lowest HP unit, so he does hit big AoE attack then focuses on her since she's the only fire unit in the team).

Xetherion

Pulled for Tridon today.

6 summons:

Ophelia (O) new

Douglas (B) new, first Earth Spark buffer I've got

Ulkina (A) dupe, already have a Breaker max level with SBB unlocked and sphere frogged...

Azael (B) dupe but better type

Phee (B) 5th dupe...

5* Tridon (L)!!! yessss!!! One less water and miracle bulb I have to farm.

TimeKillr

Pulled for Tridon today.

6 summons:

Ophelia (O) new

Douglas (B) new, first Earth Spark buffer I've got

Ulkina (A) dupe, already have a Breaker max level with SBB unlocked and sphere frogged...

Azael (B) dupe but better type

Phee (B) 5th dupe...

5* Tridon (L)!!! yessss!!! One less water and miracle bulb I have to farm.

Grats!

On Reddit people are saying double Tridon makes Maxwell a joke, you never need to guard and it's stupidly easy. I'll have to make sure I level/evolve mine, but in 5 runs of level 3 I didn't get a single of the mat, so I'll have to grind that in the coming days.

Corgi

Banned
man maxwell looks like a joke with tridon :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3Q8h6XLu8

it working with mitigation makes tanking crazy easy. You don't even need to guard against endless (with mitigation).

fuck it. just realize i had like $9 of amazon coins, and just needed like $7 more of gems to get the guarantee tridon lol.

I'm too weak for this game.

AND YET IM STILL TOO CHEAP TO SPEND $5 FOR 80 DAYS

T____T

broz0rs

So I've been losing my shit recently trying to farm elemental bulbs for two Tridons and a Ciara. I've tried to focus target first, last, and auto-battle and the drop rates for these bulbs are horrendous, especially when you're trying to farm seven of them in a few days.

Then I found a link in another forum that explains drop rates in general, and made me feel better about how I should go about farming them. (auto-battle, enjoy a movie)

Drop Chance: Is it determined at the beginning of a fight?

From my experience, elemental bulb rates look like :

1 in five runs
3 miracles for 1 elemental bulb

Xetherion

Grats!

On Reddit people are saying double Tridon makes Maxwell a joke, you never need to guard and it's stupidly easy. I'll have to make sure I level/evolve mine, but in 5 runs of level 3 I didn't get a single of the mat, so I'll have to grind that in the coming days.

Thanks, hope the mat drops for you soon. Got mine on 3rd run of level 3, but Cyclaw was a bitch for me that took around a dozen runs to get. Hope it doesn't take that many for you to get Hydraloid.

brozors, that math matches up perfectly with my experience. Took me 10 runs to get 2 water bulbs. I figured the capture was determined before battle awhile ago and i just auto battle for stuff like that.

desverger

Zomg. Did two pulls just for fun, couldn't resist the lure of 4* units anymore. Got Merciless Tridon and mini Tridon (Darvan) lol.

Tridon is Oracle type but I'm not sure I care. 5* out of the door!

Darvan seems fun as well, he can even add a water element to attacks! Now I can handle all element additions.

All in all, good morning for me :p

TimeKillr

So I've been losing my shit recently trying to farm elemental bulbs for two Tridons and a Ciara. I've tried to focus target first, last, and auto-battle and the drop rates for these bulbs are horrendous, especially when you're trying to farm seven of them in a few days.

Then I found a link in another forum that explains drop rates in general, and made me feel better about how I should go about farming them. (auto-battle, enjoy a movie)

Drop Chance: Is it determined at the beginning of a fight?

From my experience, elemental bulb rates look like :

1 in five runs
3 miracles for 1 elemental bulb

Yeah it's pretty sure that everything bar HC/BC are predetermined. I'm also thinking that item drops are not client-side - I'm pretty sure the server sends the client a list of what can drop from whom and the drop rates and the client just generates them under the right conditions.

Drops/Waves/etc are *all* determined by the server when you access a dungeon. It's the same as it was in PAD.

That forum's funny, though. Someone mentioning that this is why the app is so large? LOL.

Corgi

Banned
You don't need to guard against Endless with mitigation without Tridon either, not once did my mitigator die to endless.

To me this looks practically no different than taking two Darvanshels in.

depends on LS setup. If you own 2 mitigators and don't use them as leaders and have grah or something to buff up def, yes.

I remember trying to do maxwell with lily matah, darvanshel, and a darvanshel friend and that didn't turn out too well.

The extra hp from grah really does help the fringe cases where a crit bites you in the ass.

Kreed

You don't need to guard against Endless with mitigation without Tridon either, not once did my mitigator die to endless.

To me this looks practically no different than taking two Darvanshels in.

If you use Grahdens or another lead that increases HP/decreases damage then you're right. Although Lily Matah would have probably died even with Mitigation up if she didn't block.

Corgi is right though, a Darvanshel lead + another leader that doesn't increase HP wouldn't have been able to pull this off that easily with anything less than 7500 HP. Tridon's leader skill in addition to the purple energy bar all stacking on top of the mitigation are making a big difference in that battle. For example, when Maxwell performs Destiny or Rune on individual units, if the purple energy bar is up, they take no damage until the bar is destroyed. For a unit like Lily Matah, this is a big deal since she isn't taking double damage until the shield is destroyed.

Lan_97

Just barely managed to get enough gems for the guaranteed Tridon. I had to 0 gem Selena, Eze, and Magress GGC to get there though. Now to max him out and take down Maxwell.

Xetherion

Whoa.. The shield has its own element and doesn't take the characteristics of the unit it is defending?!

Correct, the shield is Earth element. It also has its own Def stat which is unfortunately rather low. SBB10 the shield's Def is only ~1000. This means it doesn't work with Def boosts, doesn't synergize with Ultor as well as I would have hoped. Still, the raw health of the shield, which gets close to 3k at SBB10, is pretty damn strong.

If you use Grahdens or another lead that increases HP/decreases damage then you're right. Although Lily Matah would have probably died even with Mitigation up if she didn't block.

Corgi is right though, a Darvanshel lead + another leader that doesn't increase HP wouldn't have been able to pull this off that easily with anything less than 7500 HP. Tridon's leader skill in addition to the purple energy bar all stacking on top of the mitigation are making a big difference in that battle. For example, when Maxwell performs Destiny or Rune on individual units, if the purple energy bar is up, they take no damage until the bar is destroyed. For a unit like Lily Matah, this is a big deal since she isn't taking double damage until the shield is destroyed.

I wasn't claiming you use one of the Darvanshels as a lead. But Grah(lead) + 2x Darvanshel + Zelnite is pretty much insta-win against Maxwell, even if you let Grah die. It doesn't even much matter who the other two units are.

Both times Gumi has put out one of these units the "overpowered" claims start up immediately, and I don't get why. They are up there, but nothing about them says "better than all other units". I consider this guy a bad leader for the most part, because for 99% of the content the only leaders worth using are either huge amounts of damage, or huge amounts of crystal gen, and this guy is neither.

Top Bottom