• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Kreed

You should give it a try. It wasnt all that horrible. I missed two whole days because of vacations, but still got final prize without gemming. As long as you search for opponents that are ranked higher, and have 2 units that can charge bb by 2nd turn, it's pretty much a free event.

For wood event, I'm certain if you have Ophelia and/or Zelnite, it will be easy to get final prize.

My team: Ophelia x 3, Dilma, Zelnite

They need to make the exclusive unit more worthwhile. Months ago when they first attempted the Thunder Vortex, mono and rainbow teams were still being used by players and Felneus was one of the top leaders. And even then the Thunder and Fire unit's leader skill was just "ok".

Corgi

Banned
i just have zero interest. also the 1 hour timer for the orbs is too fast.

Although i think i can put up a much better earth team than thunder... shame they ended the super honor and better fusion stuff. would level up my 3 other zelnites :x

Xetherion

Although i think i can put up a much better earth team than thunder... shame they ended the super honor and better fusion stuff. would level up my 3 other zelnites :x

What's funny is if i hadn't fused 2 of my Zelnite (G) dupes into my Zelnite (L) I could have potentially done an all Zelnite team. Would have been hilarious to troll all the people who don't have one.

I finished 514th in the TVA and got a summon ticket, so I'll be doing the EVA. If i can get everyone to 6* in time i'll actually have an ideal team this time too, as i"ll have:

Zelnite
Zelnite
Ophelia
Dilma
Dilma
My current team is this except swap in Luly for one of the Dilma. If I can farm some of the mats I can get Dilma to 6 star. Just need an earth totem, maybe a pot or idol?

Lockon

What kind of spheres you guys use in elemental vortex arena? Last time I used angelic foils on all of them and done ok. Got the thunder unit which is enough for me. Are legwands better or Should it better since we can use unit like Zelnite this time.

Xetherion

What kind of spheres you guys use in elemental vortex arena? Last time I used angelic foils on all of them and done ok. Got the thunder unit which is enough for me. Are legwands better or Should it better since we can use unit like Zelnite this time.

I tried angelic foils last time and didn't like them because A) it made my team too squishy for my taste. frequently lost 2-3 members on enemies turn 1, and B) a lot of the damage would go to waste on 0 hp enemies, though this was probably due to my TVA team almost all had the same targeting AI.

3 of my members will have halloween spheres and Lexida anyway. The other 2 will have Legwand and Frozen Myth.

Run Lexida with Halloween spheres on units that have the highest hit count with good drop check. Got Wicked Blade on my hardest hitter and Amanohabaken on the last unit. Did pretty well in TVA. I can potentially kill up to 4 on the opposing team, but most of the time, its just 2 since the AI just loves to target the same unit over and over.

Most fights should end by turn 2 with one or all of your team doing their BB's.

chrono01

Damn son! Why haven't you used them?
I'm finding it difficult to use them on units with 1/10 Brave Burst [since earlier levels are so easy to increase], and yet I'm procrastinating actually starting the leveling of BB, so they've just kind of been sitting there.

I mean, I'm sure I'll use them eventually, but my unit capacity is definitely getting a little cramped with all of these frogs.

Xetherion

I'm finding it difficult to use them on units with 1/10 Brave Burst [since earlier levels are so easy to increase], and yet I'm procrastinating actually starting the leveling of BB, so they've just kind of been sitting there.

I mean, I'm sure I'll use them eventually, but my unit capacity is definitely getting a little cramped with all of these frogs.

Yeah i bet it is. I'd just go ahead and take some units from 1 to 10 just to free up some space...

Shouta

You have 4 Zelnites? I hate you.

I finished 514th in the TVA and got a summon ticket, so I'll be doing the EVA. If i can get everyone to 6* in time i'll actually have an ideal team this time too, as i"ll have:

Zelnite
Zelnite
Ophelia
Dilma
Dilma

Dilma has the worst Arena AI. It may not matter since Zelnite and Ophelia both use the best, but I thought I'd mention it.

I think I'll go with Zelnite x3, Ophelia, Lucca.

Xetherion

Dilma has the worst Arena AI. It may not matter since Zelnite and Ophelia both use the best, but I thought I'd mention it.

I think I'll go with Zelnite x3, Ophelia, Lucca.

Dilma has the <50% hp AI. Usually works in the bottom 2 slots pretty well. The >50% hp AI is the worst because they only have a 20% chance for BB if hp check isn't met, whereas <50% hp AI has 30% chance for BB if hp check isn't met. Also >50% hp AI will always attack a random enemy if they don't burst, but <50% hp AI has a chance to attack the enemy with the lowest hp.

broz0rs

I think it depends on your leader. If you're aiming to kill 2-4 units on the first turn angelic foils and amanohabakens are the way to go. This is why Rina was so popular in TVA.

But if you're planning to use a fast BB gauge leader, legwands would be a better choice because its unlikely you'll kill more than one unit even with angelic foils equipped. Legwands and other tanky items will help you not lose units on the turn.

With that said, Halloweens and Lexida are just too useful so they should be equipped on your units no matter what leader you are using.

Dilma has the <50% hp AI. Usually works in the bottom 2 slots pretty well. The >50% hp AI is the worst because they only have a 20% chance for BB if hp check isn't met, whereas <50% hp AI has 30% chance for BB if hp check isn't met. Also >50% hp AI will always attack a random enemy if they don't burst, but <50% hp AI has a chance to attack the enemy with the lowest hp.

In the second turn there is always someone > 50%.

There is frequently nobody < 50%, even if you put them in the bottom slots.

You are the first person who I know of who believes that the > 50% AI is worse than the < 50% AI, unless you are in the environment where it takes several turns to get a BB. And that's a losing strategy today.

Xetherion

In the second turn there is always someone > 50%.

There is frequently nobody < 50%, even if you put them in the bottom slots.

I have had a second turn where no one was >50%. Each unit on my team attacked a different unit on the enemy team, all were very low. None healed over 50% during their turn.

Also there is almost always someone <50% by the time the bottom slots activate. I don't know what kind of sad team you're running that 3 of your units frequently fail to get at least one enemy <50%. I've been using Grybe and Alyut in the bottom slots of my regular Arena team for ages and they use their BB quite often (when there's still enemies left alive by the time it's their turn, usually Zelnite and Elza have killed everything before it even gets to Grybe's turn)

Also I should point out that even if the hp conditions for >50% are more frequently met than <50%, there's still a 40% chance the unit won't use BB for that check anyway. That 40% of the time is where the inferiority of the >50%hp AI comes into play.

It's not like i think either AI is good. I would prefer all units had the Type 3 AI that Zelnite has. But both Type 2 and Type 4 AI's are perfectly viable if you put them in the right positions.

Corgi

Banned
How far are we behind the JP release? I'm wondering when we'll get the 7 star evo for the starters, lol.
Those require a bunch of actual content we are missing. We are pretty close with RS units but content, probably half year behind or so.

Shouta

Hmm, 6 months, eh?

Sphere Frogs are starting to burn a whole in my units so I was thinking of giving Selena, one from the bunch I have, for down the line then maybe distribute the others to my current units.

TimeKillr

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I have 3 Sphere Frogs right now and I'm unsure who to give them to.

I'm keeping one for Maxwell, but I already have Zelnite, Lilly and Darvanshel with frogs on em. I could give one to Ulkina and one to Rowgen, I guess, but I'm not sure they necessarily need them. Who knows?

I'm in the process of building up my team for the Earth Vortex.. I had shit for the Thunder one, but for the Earth Vortex I have plenty of good earth units. My feeling is my team is going to be

Zelnite
Lucca
Dilma
Ophelia
Gravion

I'm almost there, too - Ophelia just needs a few more mats (2 Pots, but goddamn I run pots all the time and I get every color but green) and Gravion is still in his 4* form so this is gonna take a bit more time.

desverger

I dunno about usefulness of the new Karma dungeon, but stage 3 gives a whopping 9200xp for 25 energy. I think I might be grinding that for a while.

TimeKillr

I dunno about usefulness of the new Karma dungeon, but stage 3 gives a whopping 9200xp for 25 energy. I think I might be grinding that for a while.

It's the best XP/Energy ratio in the game.

Not only that, but you don't have to go sell shit constantly. It's a godsend :)

broz0rs

I'm in the process of building up my team for the Earth Vortex.. I had shit for the Thunder one, but for the Earth Vortex I have plenty of good earth units. My feeling is my team is going to be

Zelnite
Lucca
Dilma
Ophelia
Gravion

I'm almost there, too - Ophelia just needs a few more mats (2 Pots, but goddamn I run pots all the time and I get every color but green) and Gravion is still in his 4* form so this is gonna take a bit more time.

That's a solid team, but I'd probably replace Gravion considering he's still in 4* form. I think he has the slowest bb charge in the game so he'll end up just being a meat shield in arena.

TimeKillr

That's a solid team, but I'd probably replace Gravion considering he's still in 4* form. I think he has the slowest bb charge in the game so he'll end up just being a meat shield in arena.

Bah, I'm in the process of evolving him anyway. I have nothing else really to spend my energy on so I'm farming all the mats to evolve him to 6* then I'll just to a massive spree with the Super Honor Summon (I barely used it last time, so I still have 100+ summons plus a bunch of honor in my box).

I'm just massively pissed that today I spent 200 energy so far on the Pots dungeon. That's 8 runs. In 8 runs, I got a grand total of 2 green pots, and about a bazillion other pots.. It's kinda sucky but hey, nothing much I can do.

desverger

Is there a specific way to get items to drop from enemies?

I'm trying to get stuff for the Advent Solace and the Snow Gemstones just won't drop. Often times when I complete stage 4 I just get very little materials.

I'm not doing anything special except completing the stage and hoping for the best, and I'm starting to think this is not the way to go since item drops seem to be based off hit checks. Should I just spam all my attacks to a single unit to overkill it, attack with my best hit count unit and guard with the rest, or what?

Corgi

Banned

I'm trying to get stuff for the Advent Solace and the Snow Gemstones just won't drop. Often times when I complete stage 4 I just get very little materials.

I'm not doing anything special except completing the stage and hoping for the best, and I'm starting to think this is not the way to go since item drops seem to be based off hit checks. Should I just spam all my attacks to a single unit to overkill it, attack with my best hit count unit and guard with the rest, or what?

nope.

wasn't that hard to get the mat last time the thing was up (well vortex was 1/2 energy helps).

Got the sphere crafted in a day.

desverger

nope.

wasn't that hard to get the mat last time the thing was up (well vortex was 1/2 energy helps).

Got the sphere crafted in a day.

I guess it would be easy if I had a Zelnite :p

It's kind of ironic that sphere is somewhat of a Zelnite in a pocket, but since I don't have him, the items won't drop. This is exactly why I wanted to pull him the last time he had a "rate up", farming items is so awful unless you have him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I guess it would be easy if I had a Zelnite :p

It's kind of ironic that sphere is somewhat of a Zelnite in a pocket, but since I don't have him, the items won't drop. This is exactly why I wanted to pull him the last time he had a "rate up", farming items is so awful unless you have him.
Nick. who'se currently in the vortex rare pull, is like a Chinese Knock-Off of Zelnite, so you might want to try pulling for him if you want rate ups on an item hunt booster.

Also, note that some enemies seem more likely to drop certain items. So a run that just happens to skip the best enemy type might just totally skip dropping the item, as well.

I made both spheres last time, and will resume hunting for this one, after I level up my new Nick some (Leveling up is SO MUCH SLOWER without an army of Super Honor Summon Crystals + Super Fusion Rates up T_T ), to go along with the 10,000,000 Zelnite friends that pop up during these rare drop events.

TimeKillr

Apparently what you suggested doing is s a working method, but it takes *ages* to do.

Xetherion

2nd half of dragon batch is up.

summon for waifu.

More like summon for MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON!

Devil Man and Christmas Girl would be cool too though.

Reddit is reporting summon errors again though, lots of people saying all their gems vanished. Waiting for fix before summoning.

Corgi

Banned
I really should dump some of my fringe units because they're really starting to add up, lol.

im just paranoid that when i fuse away some of the trash i have, their 7* form turn out ridiculously awesome for random reason. Anything is open game to be the 'shida' of 7*!

desverger

Nice, 3 golden gods from the super jewel parade - that's about 1m zel :p

Also managed to get Advent Solace crafted, and trying to see if I can get enough Snow Crystals for a second Sacred Snowglobe. Luckily stage 3 is so much easier to farm than 4.

It's kind of funny, on every try I had a Zelnite buddy, I managed to get 2 Snow Gemstones per stage 4. Every run I tried without a Zelnite, I got a grand total of 0. At least I have that sphere helping me now!

chrono01

I want to summon, but I'm saving my Magic Gems for when Rin/Len come back [for their 6* release]. I obtained Rin last time but I want Len to complete the set.

Oh, and given how powerful Global's exclusives are, I'm sure they'll be great. I just need to be patient. :/

TimeKillr

I want to summon, but I'm saving my Magic Gems for when Rin/Len come back [for their 6* release]. I obtained Rin last time but I want Len to complete the set.

Oh, and given how powerful Global's exclusives are, I'm sure they'll be great. I just need to be patient. :/

Rin/Len aren't Global exclusive, though, iirc. They were released in Japan, and the big thing was that they are free in JP (in Vortex dungeons) while here they were in the RS gate...

I don't know if we'll even get 6* out of them.

Corgi

Banned
earth vortex arena is up, and as always, shit is broken.

good thing is, my earth team is wrecking house when game works.

zelnite
zelnite
zelnite
ophelia
golem

with just 1 zelnite at sbb10, everyone else is bb1.

Xetherion

Rin/Len aren't Global exclusive, though, iirc. They were released in Japan, and the big thing was that they are free in JP (in Vortex dungeons) while here they were in the RS gate...

I don't know if we'll even get 6* out of them.

I don't know where you got this, but it is false. Rin and Len are Global exclusive. They were never released in Japan.

Xetherion

Gumi really needs to get their shit together. Gem disappearing issue is STILL going on, just lost all of mine after summoning 3 times. Closed the app and restarted and they came back, but still, that shit is not cool.

Shouta

Call me when the Water or or Dark Vortex is up, lol. I can probably do those easy.

I'm also avoiding the summoning gate until they can fix the gem disappearing issue.

Top Bottom