• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

TimeKillr

I don't know where you got this, but it is false. Rin and Len are Global exclusive. They were never released in Japan.

Then I'm wrong! I was sure they were in Japan also (seeing as they're the Vocaloid series, which nobody knows wtf they are here, it made sense they were JP also).

broz0rs

I'm using an Ophelia lead but the Zelnite at the top of my order is allowing most of my other units to get SBB charged. Had no idea that Zelnite's BB is that ridiculously effective in Arena. I'm thinking of adding him to my Ultor team in Arena.

Corgi

Banned
I'm using an Ophelia lead but the Zelnite at the top of my order is allowing most of my other units to get SBB charged. Had no idea that Zelnite's BB is that ridiculously effective in Arena. I'm thinking of adding him to my Ultor team in Arena.

he's been a staple in my arena team for months.

I just recently put my 2nd Zelnite on my arena team. Had both of them for a couple of months, but never put them on the same team. Its insane how much he helps my team get their bb or sbb up. Both of them have sbb 10.

I'm destroying anyone I face with those two in the terra vortex arena. Ophelia pops her sbb a lot!

Xetherion

Yeah Zelnite's been in the top spot of my Arena team for months also. I've also been using 2 Zelnites for the EVA and getting frequent SBB's with Ophelia and both Dilmas, though usually everything's dead before it gets to the Dilmas' turns, especially the last one.

The so-called "queue" is such a flat lie by Gumi.

I have two devices sitting here side-by-side, and one is getting "queued" and the other is not.

"Queue" must be code for "We randomly selected to screw you, go away".

Corgi

Banned
how are yall doing so far in the earth arena?

42w 6l so far. TP 4008pt

Which is surprisingly good because i seem to always be matched against dudes over lvl 150 with pretty good teams.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm finding earth arena really hard, as in, I can't get a game in. I get errors, then busy signals, then errors. And then when I do connect, my opponents are all levels below me. And when I refresh... yup, error, busy signal, error. It's just taking way too long to find a game, might just punt the whole thing.

For how much money Gumi makes with this game, I'm still shocked at how poor the infrastructure is.

I'm around 3000 points but the coding for these Arenas is so terrible.

I've lost a whole bunch of orbs to "Unexpected errors".

Adding two more levels is practically an insult on top of the fact that they can barely make it work enough for people to get to 15K.

TimeKillr

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous. So many connection errors, taking forever to find matches, queues, etc.

At least it's not constantly crashing? And the servers are up?

I'm doing okay in it today, btw. My team is all 6* level 100 -

Lead Zelnite (almost max imped too with an Omni Gizmo and a Legwand, lol)
Dilma
Lucca
Ophelia
Gravion

Pretty easy so far. Hell they don't have spheres except for Lucca (he has a Medulla) and Zelnite and I have zero problems in every single fight. I'm at 10w, though, so.. lol

I am using the totally degenerate Lucca, Zelnite x3, Ophelia.

I'm only using Lucca because I don't have any other Earth units leveled up, but he really doesn't matter. My sole loss is one of those where the Zelnite/Ophelia line had 8 cracks at BB and used zero (Lucca was already dead). Thanks RNG.

Xetherion

If they would remove the dumbass scoring system and just make it win = 200 pts, loss = -10 pts, that would reduce most of the stress on the server since there would be very few people hitting refresh anymore.

I haven't lost a match yet, record of 52-0. Around 4900 pts. My team is:

Zelnite (L) lvl 100 sbb 10 Lexida/Advent Solace
Zelnite (A) lvl 77 sbb 6 Sinister Orb
Ophelia (O) lvl 100 sbb 4 Angelic Foil
Dilma (B) lvl 100 sbb 1 Leomurg
Dilma (L) lvl 100 sbb 10 Hallowed Skull

It's getting very hard to find a decent match though. I know from the rankings there's people at Celebrated rank but i never get a match with them, and if i refresh too much i get put in the stupid queue.

Corgi

Banned
they should reduce the point requirements and give normal arena orb recharge time too.

orbs recharge every 20min and refreshing is killing their servers.

Xetherion

Cyclaw/Hydraloid dungeons are open, for anyone who still needs them to evolve their Ultor/Tridon. Ultor/Tridon are rate up in the RS gate.

Shouta

Ah, I see. Well, free imps and crystals for me then. I was just taken aback when I saw my inbox had 39 items in it, lol

broz0rs

Highly recommend both Ultor and Tridon. In Arena, I have a 99% win rate with Ultor and just recently had a 283 win streak snapped. Tridon allows you to have double mitigation with Darvanshel/Narza/Oulu/Shera.

Corgi

Banned
Highly recommend both Ultor and Tridon. In Arena, I have a 99% win rate with Ultor and just recently had a 283 win streak snapped. Tridon allows you to have double mitigation with Darvanshel/Narza/Oulu/Shera.

weird never realized ultor had a use in arena. for his leader?

Also there was data in the recent update with earth and thunder bulbs in the data, so expect more of the Ultor family soon.

Probably more excited about them then japan batches tbh. These units have some neat abilities.

Yep, the highest level of Arena is all Ultor teams with a few Zurgs. All those LS abilities just adds up.

Hardly. The top 30 usually has as many Maxwell leads as it does Ultor leads, and the two together have never been more than ~20 out of 30. Sometimes way less. Right now it's dominated by Earth units for obvious reasons.

People try to pretend Ultor is some kind of ultimate arena leader but the fact of the matter is the Double normal hit spheres are the key to arena these days. They give so many crystals that it doesn't matter who your party is anymore, as long as the units don't positively suck. I've been over 200 wins in a row several times with leads like Dia.

I especially don't understand the Ultor love when his BB blows, as do all Single Target BBs in the Arena. I suppose Ultor rules for taking on these Earth Arena parties though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hardly. The top 30 usually has as many Maxwell leads as it does Ultor leads, and the two together have never been more than ~20 out of 30. Sometimes way less. Right now it's dominated by Earth units for obvious reasons.

People try to pretend Ultor is some kind of ultimate arena leader but the fact of the matter is the Double normal hit spheres are the key to arena these days. They give so many crystals that it doesn't matter who your party is anymore, as long as the units don't positively suck. I've been over 200 wins in a row several times with leads like Dia.

I especially don't understand the Ultor love when his BB blows, as do all Single Target BBs in the Arena. I suppose Ultor rules for taking on these Earth Arena parties though.

Why would double normal hit spheres make or break Ultor's arena leadership ability in Arena? 50% boost to attack, 15% boost to crit, and boost to weak element damage is pretty sweet. As you say,it's relatively easy nowadays to get BBs filled, regardless of leader.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Damn, that was a crazy gift today... I'm finally out of Zel for the first time in forever.

Time to run the Zel dungeon over and over for awhile and build back up.. I had like 4mil a couple weeks ago.. but damn.

Last month has been crazy with giveaways.

Corgi

Banned
Why would double normal hit spheres make or break Ultor's arena leadership ability in Arena? 50% boost to attack, 15% boost to crit, and boost to weak element damage is pretty sweet. As you say,it's relatively easy nowadays to get BBs filled, regardless of leader.

those aren't enough stats to survive a few bb though. leader skills arent that useful

desverger

Oh, Ultor up again? I really wonder if I should pull. Got that free summon ticket + 5 gems scrounged up :p

Would I need Ultor if I already have Tridon?

Corgi

Banned
Oh, Ultor up again? I really wonder if I should pull. Got that free summon ticket + 5 gems scrounged up :p

Would I need Ultor if I already have Tridon?

completely different units. Think tridon is overall better, but ultor's taunt makes him an interesting niche unit for some really annoying bosses.

Xetherion

yeah. but why not just use zurg then? better attack.

A. Don't have to farm Zurg.
B. Zurg has no crit chance boost. With Amanos or double sphere units with Havoc Axe you can get pretty high crit chance with Ultor.
C. Zurg has no weak element boost. It applies more often than you would think, at least with my rainbow Ultor team of Zelnite, Elza, Ultor, Grybe, Alyut it does.
D. Zurg has no Def boost. This only reduces damage by ~300 normally, but more if the enemies crit or hit weak element. Still, 300 is ~5% of most units' hp these days, and it can sometimes be the difference between life and death.

desverger

Well, did 1 pull with the free summon ticket and got Ultor (G) 4* :p

Time to level him up I guess!

Will see how far I get him, I guess Cyclaw will be a priority.

broz0rs

http://youtu.be/1n5doo2CHUs

This guy is probably the most popular streamer in the game right now. You can see him test out his Earth Vortex team at his Skywalker bracket and he spends majority of the video sifting through Ultor leaders. An interesting note is when he also states Ultor pretty much broke Arena at the highest level.

All the Maxwell leads is because the players log off the game having played Maxwell last. The video shows how rampant Ultor teams are.

As far as Double hit orbs, yes they were game changing, but the real impact is that you don't need BB gauge leaders like Elza and Zelnite anymore. You can place high damage leaders like Ultor, Zurg and they will still fill up your BB gauge every single time, while killing 2-4 units in the opening.

desverger

Wow, I could actually manage Machine of Destruction stage 3. Was pretty happy with how my Ultor and Darvanshel double tanked it so I could afford to bring a Lucca friend for that sweet water element buff, and proceed to pummel Turbo Cyclaw into a wet mush with my Ciara and other units :p

Got a cap to boot, so now I just need a ton of evo materials so I can get my Ultor to 6*, good thing all those evo dungeons are just going down lol. At least I got the most important part of the evo chain so I just need some time now.

Corgi

Banned
Now that I have a fair amount of sphere frogs I probably shoild finally start crating the good alternative spheres.

What's hot these days? Sol creator? Amabaksoemkcnddo?

TimeKillr

Now that I have a fair amount of sphere frogs I probably shoild finally start crating the good alternative spheres.

What's hot these days? Sol creator? Amabaksoemkcnddo?

Heh, both of these until raid comes I guess.

Sol Creator if you want more BC gen, Amanahobaken if you're running a crit team.

Servers are back with 5 minute queues into oblivion. In the meantime, I'm farming evo mats to get some of my outclassed units to six like Dean, Zebra, Paula, 2nd Douglas, Lucana, and Garnan.

I'll try the EVA again. I can't spend all my orbs thanks to the queue which doesn't even work.

Corgi

Banned
yeah... who was the clown in this thread that said getting EVA stuff will be a cinch :p

Literally just spent 4 min refreshing the damn thing because everyone has half my wins.

and when i pick a guy who has similar wins, he actually was 1000 TP lower than me.

Gonna be real grind to get out of this 'glorified' hell.

broz0rs

I'm currently 900 points away from Celebrated and it takes me roughly 50 refreshes to find a Celebrated ranked opponent. The problem, of course, is the very good likelihood that I get disconnected before I find a suitable target.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I'm currently 900 points away from Celebrated and it takes me roughly 50 refreshes to find a Celebrated ranked opponent. The problem, of course, is the very good likelihood that I get disconnected before I find a suitable target.

Yeah, same here. I hope they extend this event. I don't think i've ever wanted a unit so bad before.

killatopak

Gold Member
So I want to play this game but the game always freeze on checking files. The first time around's fine but after the tutorial I never got to play the game again because of that.

Played on an Xperia Z3.

Corgi

Banned
Yeah, same here. I hope they extend this event. I don't think i've ever wanted a unit so bad before.
I'm more of the opposite. Just scrap this whole event and just give sphere frog got compensation.

Extending the event won't make it any less of a shit show :(

Got a guardian and breaker Vargas and a lord Lance. Decent amount of burst frogs too.
I already have a lord Lance, those two got fused away.

Corgi

Banned
switched up my party a bit and seem to be doing better.

went from the party posted above, to:

zelnite
zelnite
zelnite
ophelia lead
gravlion

and gave all my zelnites halloween spheres/lexida.

switched up my party a bit and seem to be doing better.

went from the party posted above, to:

zelnite
zelnite
zelnite
ophelia lead
gravlion

and gave all my zelnites halloween spheres/lexida.
Wish I had 3 or 4 zelnites. You'll have bb/sbb by the end of your first turn.
My earth team is still undefeated. It came close to losing once, but my zelnite pulled through. Haven't ran into anyone who's exalted yet. :(

Corgi

Banned
Wish I had 3 or 4 zelnites. You'll have bb/sbb by the end of your first turn.
My earth team is still undefeated. It came close to losing once, but my zelnite pulled through. Haven't ran into anyone who's exalted yet. :(
Lucky you. I'm matched with dudes who are like lvl 150+. And those guys have good parties.

broz0rs

Can anybody get pass this queue for EVA? A bit troubling to see the top 10 barely breaking Exalted. I'm 1500 points away but haven't had a match in several hours now.

Top Bottom