• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Can anybody get pass this queue for EVA? A bit troubling to see the top 10 barely breaking Exalted. I'm 1500 points away but haven't had a match in several hours now.
Just ran it now with 3 orbs. If you get the 10 minute queue message, I would occasionally force close the app and relaunch Brave Frontier. Ymmv.

So I prayed to the rng gods and got a 3 star Shida with that free summon ticker! Didn't get him when it was 100% guaranteed dark units, but I get him on rates up with Tridon and Ultor. Go figure.
He's breaker. Currently farming evo mats for him. Won't be using Ardin anymore now.

Corgi

Banned
1st half dragon batch 6* is out and rates up. Summoned 7 times.

belfura g
shera b
dilma a
ardin g

are the non dupes. not shabby. Finally got dilma too!

broz0rs

lol 1st half of the dragon batch was released a week and a half ago and they already have 6* out. Power creep is so fast on Global that Cardes is going to be destroyed in the first few hours upon his release.

Corgi

Banned
lol 1st half of the dragon batch was released a week and a half ago and they already have 6* out. Power creep is so fast on Global that Cardes is going to be destroyed in the first few hours upon his release.

shouldn't be hard with pumpkin girl.

chrono01

And yet Rin/Len continue to get ignored. :/

desverger

Hmm, Shera seems like a fun unit, Arus could be a fun gimmick unit (SBB fills own BB bar) and Belfura just seems .. well, nothing spectacular.

Does anyone know what happens if you use two of those "Reduces damage by half" BBs in one turn? I'm assuming that since it has a buff icon, it doesn't stack at all.

I cleared out my box a little, thanks Monday, so I'm half-considering pulling. Shera seems great at least!

TimeKillr

Hmm, Shera seems like a fun unit, Arus could be a fun gimmick unit (SBB fills own BB bar) and Belfura just seems .. well, nothing spectacular.

Does anyone know what happens if you use two of those "Reduces damage by half" BBs in one turn? I'm assuming that since it has a buff icon, it doesn't stack at all.

I cleared out my box a little, thanks Monday, so I'm half-considering pulling. Shera seems great at least!

Buffs from BB/SBB never stack - they actually overwrite with the latest cast, so you'd still have 50% mitigation.

They do stack with LS, though, so if you have 2 Tridons and damage mitigation you hit 70% mitigation, which is nothing to scoff at.

And ugh, 140 gems spent, no Shera.

I got 5 Arus, 3 Belfura, a 2nd Priscilla, the dragon, my 5th Zelnite (lol), my 3rd Rowgen and my 3rd Elza, amongst others.

Fuck Shera. Seriously. I wanted her because she's the best mitigator, but fuck this. Not worth it.

I think I'll keep 2 Arus just for kicks and sparks. Belfura I doubt she's worth keeping 2, same for Priscilla... Zelnite though now I can make the dream of a 5 Zelnite team (ha! this would've been insane in TVA), and 3 Rowgen isn't necessary, especially since my 3rd one is Guardian. I don't think 3 Elza is useful either, I can keep 2 and be done with that.

Corgi

Banned
shera is a thunder darvanshel that boosts attack instead of def with double the BC for SBB, so not a necessary upgrade, but good to have. Especially with content later that requires more squads.

arus... think i like rowgen better because he's easier to spark.

Belfura, not sure.

Kreed

And ugh, 140 gems spent, no Shera.

I got 5 Arus, 3 Belfura, a 2nd Priscilla, the dragon, my 5th Zelnite (lol), my 3rd Rowgen and my 3rd Elza, amongst others.

Fuck Shera. Seriously. I wanted her because she's the best mitigator, but fuck this. Not worth it.

I was actually trying to get Shera but ended up with Narza so I'm happy with that (I have Oulu but I really wanted a mitigation unit that could attack).

The earth vortex made me really wish I had a Zelnite though. Glad they extended the event an extra day. I may actually get the Earth unit now even with the connection issues.

TimeKillr

shera is a thunder darvanshel that boosts attack instead of def with double the BC for SBB, so not a necessary upgrade, but good to have. Especially with content later that requires more squads.

arus... think i like rowgen better because he's easier to spark.

Belfura, not sure.

Yeah, the double BC for SBB isn't so hot, but hey, she still has 26 drop checks on her sbb which makes her much better at bc gen.

Regardless, I don't need her, and I got some okay stuff through that, although 5 Arus is funny. I might just keep 2 (an Anima and a Breaker, just for kicks), but that's it. I'll finish evolving all my Zelnites for my Zelnite troll team, though - I wonder how good it would be for FH since I'd be sparking like it's nobody's business.

In other news, I *finally* got Maxwell! I figured out what I was doing wrong, but I kinda cheesed it with dual Tridon.

Basically, I had
Leader Tridon with Medulla
Darvanshel with Dandelga + Sol Creator
Ulkina with Drevas
Rowgen with Batootha and Steeple Rose (LOL DAMAGE AMIRITE)
Zelnite with Legwand and Sol Creator
Friend Tridon with Ihsir's Guise and Dandelga (op!)

The big thing I was doing wrong is waiting to activate Tridon's mitigation until it was SBB, which was a huge mistake. It's always better to activate ASAP in this fight, even if it's not SBB, because you do it for the extra mitigation, even if there's a bit less in the shield. It makes a huge difference, really, and I finished the entire fight with nobody dying once. Once Maxwell died once, I killed her in 3 turns (Rowgen did all the work there, but with Batootha and Steeple Rose he does +100% spark damage, so it was taking a huge chunk out of her life).

She's now sphere frogged and I have 33 Burst Frogs. I don't know if I'll just try to level her BB manually to save them a bit (I'm building my crit squad now, and my Kuda is BB1 so he needs it too!)

It's now time to farm for Amanohabaken spheres! It'll take a bit more time than farming for Sol Creators, though, but I should be good. It's pretty easy to do.

As for a crit squad, I think going Maxwell + Kuda + Elza is good. I think I'll put Zelnite and Mariudeth in the squad, and I should be good to go - Kuda for ATK buff, Mariudeth for the crit buff (at 45% + amanohabaken I'll reach 60% crit, which is good), Elza for extra spark buff and Zelnite for all-around OP-ness, but I'm not 100% sure.

TimeKillr

yeah, im not entirely sure triton's SBB gives more shield than BB (or even it is more, can't be more than 1k).

I *think* it does, but it's not noticeable enough that I couldn't handle it. It was much better to do BB and have mitigation than wait for SBB and not have mitigation.

TimeKillr

Tridon's sbb10 shield is only +145 hp and +180 def more than his bb10 shield. Definitely no need to wait for sbb.

Yeah, that's what really changed everything for me.

So now I'm farming attack BB boosters for Maxwell. I have to start farming the stuff for Amanohabakens, but the nearly 1mil karma cost for crafting 5 is kinda sucky. Shouldn't be that bad, though.

I can't wait to see what a crit squad will do. I'm really curious, and I think I have components to build a crit/bb spam hybrid (against multi targets anyway) so that should be very, very good. I hope Hogar gets fixed soon, because he would be very, very strong in that team.

Corgi

Banned
I feel like crit teams have lost quite a bit of luster as of late. Just not as reliable imo. And bosses are becoming more crit immune, especially the stuff global is releasing.

TimeKillr

I feel like crit teams have lost quite a bit of luster as of late. Just not as reliable imo. And bosses are becoming more crit immune, especially the stuff global is releasing.

True, but regardless it's still a pretty good archetype.

There's basically 3 viable team types:

Crit
BB-spam
Mitigation

Crit is typically good for harder content when you can OTK stuff.
BB-spam is all-around good unless you're fighting bosses (where it's stupidly frustrating)
Mitigation is necessary for very hard content

Crit is still good for GGC, for example, and only the Hydraloid dungeon was crit immune iirc, otherwise it's still pretty viable.

Corgi

Banned
Ha! That I agree with you. It's so ridiculously easy and simple to play crit that, well..

BB-spam is also really good, too. Probably too good.

most parties end up BB spam anyhow with how crazy BC drops are for modern units. You can keep BB spam going with 3-4 enemies without any BB leader.

TimeKillr

most parties end up BB spam anyhow with how crazy BC drops are for modern units. You can keep BB spam going with 3-4 enemies without any BB leader.

Yeah with the crazy hitcounts it's really not that hard. (apparently Maxwell has 66 drop checks in JP on her SBB... That is *truly* insane!)

Regardless, any content that isn't hard is essentially Auto-Frontier anyway. There's zero challenge with *everything*, really. That's why people want Raid Battle to come...

Corgi

Banned
Yeah with the crazy hitcounts it's really not that hard. (apparently Maxwell has 66 drop checks in JP on her SBB... That is *truly* insane!)

Regardless, any content that isn't hard is essentially Auto-Frontier anyway. There's zero challenge with *everything*, really. That's why people want Raid Battle to come...

and even those you can autobattle through lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Getting only +10 from wins in this stupid earth event is obnoxious. Even when I pick players with more wins than me, they are often 2000 points less than me.

Corgi

Banned
Getting only +10 from wins in this stupid earth event is obnoxious. Even when I pick players with more wins than me, they are often 2000 points less than me.

and then you lose, and lose 100 points lol.

I'm pretty much just refreshing until I see dudes with over 200 wins. Not taking chances.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
and then you lose, and lose 100 points lol.

I'm pretty much just refreshing until I see dudes with over 200 wins. Not taking chances.

Just fought someone with over 400 wins... and less points than me. Name was Zero.

What.

Only 700 points to go!

lordcyno

Did they extend the vortex arena an extra day? I thought it said there were hours left earlier but now it says 1 day left which should give me plenty of time to reach worshipped and get a unit I'll never use.

I'm always surprised to see people over 200 matches. I've tried to login as much as I could but between server issues and arena queue, I've only managed to get 129 matches in.

Did they extend the vortex arena an extra day? I thought it said there were hours left earlier but now it says 1 day left which should give me plenty of time to reach worshipped and get a unit I'll never use.

I'm always surprised to see people over 200 matches. I've tried to login as much as I could but between server issues and arena queue, I've only managed to get 129 matches in.
They did extend it due to the first emergency maintenance.

Fought someone with exactly 15,000 abp. I was short of worshipped by 15 points lol.

Just got worshipped a few minutes ago. With less than 2 days left and the highest ranked person being less than 17k, I doubt they'll reach sanctified rank since a lot of people just stopped at being worshipped.

The queue did delay a lot of my matches. Still got in 208 battles though despite the connection errors and queue.

Corgi

Banned
Congrats man. Part of me wishes I waited until yesterday to get serious about it. It took about 310-ish wins before I got the unit this morning. Worth it though.
Ehhh don't think the unit was worth it at all lol. Especially now we know that starter units are vastly superior to these units for single element party.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ehhh don't think the unit was worth it at all lol. Especially now we know that starter units are vastly superior to these units for single element party.
Oh yeah, the unit is pretty much just a trophy for me. I really fell in love with the design so I knew I had to have it. As far as usefulness goes, he's not worth his weight in gems but he'll definitely has a spot in my trophy/vanity squad, lol.

broz0rs

TVA is just at a dead end once you hit Worshipped. There's players still climbing, but I can't seem to find them or anybody at the 160k+ range.

So I guess if I stop now i'll be at 155-4. I think I could have finished without losses if I moved my Dilma from last to middle because I didn't lose at all after making that change.

Corgi

Banned
TVA is just at a dead end once you hit Worshipped. There's players still climbing, but I can't seem to find them or anybody at the 160k+ range.

So I guess if I stop now i'll be at 155-4. I think I could have finished without losses if I moved my Dilma from last to middle because I didn't lose at all after making that change.

man, why did I summon dilma... yesterday.

wonder if he's gonna find any usage later. Global likes to release mobs with super high def I guess.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
man, why did I summon dilma... yesterday.

wonder if he's gonna find any usage later. Global likes to release mobs with super high def I guess.

Personally, Dilma has maintained a spot as one of my favorite units to throw into anything but frontier hunter (Where I'd prefer more multi hitters, like most). I swear he hits more like a 1-on-1 BB than a Multi-target, and the fact this defense ignore activates as soon as he uses his BB (Rather than working on the next turn, after his attack, or only on others) makes him great at obliterating High defense enemies with a single move, in the first turn.

His complete overkill self 99,999 heal for 3 turns after SBB is also great, especially if you're waiting for a healer or mitigator to fill up, and would prefer to be able to wait one more round.

And those "Hidden Buffs":
•Hidden buff #1: His BB rolls for HC/BC a total of 30 times. This means he gets 30 chances to gain BC and HC when he casts his BB.
•Hidden Buff #2: His SBB has 24 rolls. (See above.) This hella high for any BB Spam unit, where 15 is average.
•Hidden buff #3: His SBB has an innate Tech Gizmo 2 effect. His rolls are 20% more likely to generate BC than other units.
•Hidden buff #4: (yes, he has FOUR extra buffs) His SBB has a 20% crit chance. This is increased to 35% with Havoc Axe. (Note - crit chance caps at 70% so it doesn't help anything if Duel SGX is also in the party)​

Corgi

Banned
Personally, Dilma has maintained a spot as one of my favorite units to throw into anything but frontier hunter (Where I'd prefer more multi hitters, like most). I swear he hits more like a 1-on-1 BB than a Multi-target, and the fact this defense ignore activates as soon as he uses his BB (Rather than working on the next turn, after his attack, or only on others) makes him great at obliterating High defense enemies with a single move, in the first turn.

His complete overkill self 99,999 heal for 3 turns after SBB is also great, especially if you're waiting for a healer or mitigator to fill up, and would prefer to be able to wait one more round.

And those "Hidden Buffs":

oh I know he's great. just bitter lol. he'd probably have worked out better than gravion for my EVA team at the very least.

Xetherion

What. Summoned twice and got varfed and pricilla. Both guardian, but damn, got some good luck today.

I hate you, but congrats. Guardian is probably 2nd best type for them anyway since their niche is going to be hard content like Raids where survivability is more important.

Corgi

Banned
I hate you, but congrats. Guardian is probably 2nd best type for them anyway since their niche is going to be hard content like Raids where survivability is more important.

maybe, but by the time raids come out in 2 years, there will be way better units lol.

broz0rs

So some players still playing TVA are changing their leader to Ragshelm, which had its 6* released today and its so darn effective. You're going to need at least two BBs or an SBB to kill their team.

Top Bottom