• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

desverger

Wish I spend gems during the dual element batch. Only have fiora and ardin. Need orna D:

Don't they give out the same element buffs?

This is why I need Lucca. I have Fiora, Orna, Yujeh and just missing Water and Earth elements, which Lucca conveniently gives. God damnit, guess I'm gonna spend my last gems pulling from this faux rate up event :p

Corgi

Banned
Don't they give out the same element buffs?

This is why I need Lucca. I have Fiora, Orna, Yujeh and just missing Water and Earth elements, which Lucca conveniently gives. God damnit, guess I'm gonna spend my last gems pulling from this faux rate up event :p
Oops mean lucca. Although orna would make a better sub for my dual sgx

TimeKillr

So my FH team is working rather well...

On the 2nd stage, I got 2.5mil points using dual Maxwell + Lucca SBB10 + Fiora SBB2 + Ardin SBB1 + Elza SBB10.

That was.. simple.

Basically made sure I used an Attack Potion every round. I destroyed the first 3 levels this way, now to go on Terminus for my 2nd Legwand!

For Terminus though, I'll probably run either dual Maxwell or Dual Zelnite with Darvanshel, Ulkina, Elza and something else (probably Lucca to give Earth to everyone since there's a bunch of lightning and fire units in there).

I'm worried dual Maxwell won't make enough BB, so I might have to do it twice.

desverger

Ok so out of the units I have so far, which ones should I focus on raising?

I cannot comment on all of them, but if I was cherry picking units to evolve from that list I'd pick:
Darvanshel - Great all around unit, has single target BB along with a multi target SBB, both of which come with invaluable 50% damage resistance for 1 turn.
Vael - Just got updated to 6* (Ragshelm), but probably more of a late game unit.
Orna - Fire & Lightning element buffs and a not too shabby 45% crit buff on her SBB.
Kuda - Also has a 40% crit buff on his SBB, great stats and I guess an easy unit to spark with as well.

Narza is also great for having the same 50% damage resistance along with status nullifying buff in his BB.

In other news, I pulled like 5 times during this event. Got:
Nick - "Poor man's Zelnite" - purely an item farm leader, but he has a better item drop rate buff than Zel! I'll definitely use him during event dungeons.
Faris - Decent addition to my crit squad, too bad about the Guardian type but still an okay unit nonetheless.
Uda - has a BC drop buff in his SBB - not sure if I'll find an use for him outside a mono-thunder squad . Breaker type at least.
Ramna - also a breaker but nothing special, if I ever make a mono-fire squad I'll put her in it.
Shera - So happy I got her! The only unit I wanted besides Lucca. Not leader material but really just a better Darvanshel with an ATK boost on her SBB. Now I have two mitigators with single target BB attacks which coupled with Ultor should up my tanking game quite a lot.

Sadly no Lucca :(

But.. now my dream team that I could assemble (for hard content) would be:

Ultor lead
Darvanshel
Shera
Lilly Matah or equivalent BB gen unit
Last unit would be either Tia for maximum heals or an unit that gives the correct element attacks - for example Lucina if I need Earth.

This should give me 2 mitigators to cycle through, and Ultor's taunt as well, which is a bit fiddly manageable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What the fuck is up with the abnormalities coming from your device garbage? I can barely clear middle, but I did...And at the end, I get an error and get 0 points.

Kreed

Ok so out of the units I have so far, which ones should I focus on raising?

I would focus on these units first:

Eltri, Rowgen, Narza, Darvanshel, Ardin, Vael, Orna, Kuda

In particular with Eltri, Rowgen, Narza, Ardin, and Darvanshel you've got some of the pieces needed to beat Maxwell.

What the fuck is up with the abnormalities coming from your device garbage? I can barely clear middle, but I did...And at the end, I get an error and get 0 points.

A lot of people seem to be getting this error. I'm sure Gumi will be compensating for this soon.

Lockon

What'with closing FH? I haven't encounter any bugs/glitches yet. I got all the rewards anyway though.

My team:
Elza (lead)
Fiora
Lucca
Zellha
Kuda
Maxwell (friend)

Got through everything with this team. Easier than I thought.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So they're closing FH10 due to issues:

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/99479-frontier-hunter-season-10

Brave Frontier said:
Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused by the recent Frontier Hunter issues. We are aware that some users are experiencing when running Frontier Hunter. To ensure the best gaming experience, we regret to inform you that we will be closing the Frontier Hunter EX 10 temporarily on January 21st, 18.59 PST and will tentatively reopen in early February.

Rest assured that the claimed rewards and points will not be reset; rewards and points will remain as it is once Frontier Hunter resumes. Also, three (3) Gems will be given as compensation for the postponed Frontier Hunter.

Your continuous support is very important to us. This is why our team is doing our best in resolving the said issues at the soonest possible time. For now, we seek for your patience and kind understanding regarding this matter.

I had 2 runs with the 0 points due to "abnormalities" thing.

The other 4 runs allowed me to claim all rewards.

Maybe it was my party but Terminus was easy this time. One rounded every wave except the first (3 rounds) and the one after the sphere frog (2 rounds), and those were only to build back up BB. I don't think there's a single crit immune guy in there.

Corgi

Banned
yeah, pretty disappointing FH. no real gimmics or any interesting elements. Don't even need a mitigator.

aw shit. 7* kikuri/sefia. return of their metagame

8KdXCOR.jpg

Kreed

Yeah I've been clearing Terminus pretty easily (Deemo + Maxwell followed by Maxwell + Elza getting me the best results for BB generation). I didn't use any mitigation or defense buffs and was able to use the Marauder item set without too much trouble. Don't really mind though, especially with the glitch issues.

Corgi

Banned
Just them removing FH... im out of things to do lol. JUST beat the new quest map :(

Just gonna log in for dailies I guess...

Xetherion

Cleared Terminus on my first try, but only scored 1.195 mil. MIssed the Legwand by 5k fucking points. Wanted to just blow through the rounds with Maxwellx2, Elza, Fiora, Eve, and Grah, but couldn't keep SBB spam going. Going to try Maxwell + Elza friend i guess.

Xetherion

Damn, dat power creep. Makes me skeptical of the rumors that they were only going to give 7* forms to certain units like Palmyna Heroes and Michele's batch. Salt level would skyrocket if people summoned old units that will never get 7* when trying to summon new units with 7*. I wonder if they're going to start doing Mega Rare summon events with 5* and above guaranteed, to replace the Super Rare summon 4* and above guaranteed we get now.

Corgi

Banned
Damn, dat power creep. Makes me skeptical of the rumors that they were only going to give 7* forms to certain units like Palmyna Heroes and Michele's batch. Salt level would skyrocket if people summoned old units that will never get 7* when trying to summon new units with 7*. I wonder if they're going to start doing Mega Rare summon events with 5* and above guaranteed, to replace the Super Rare summon 4* and above guaranteed we get now.

well to be fair, you need to be real high level to have a party of 7* STARTERS. I can't imagine most people having a party of 7*'s that have 30 cost 6* forms for example.

And with how you can only use 1 UBB at a time, I guess they are trying to discourage 7* death squads.

A bit odd that they are just skipping to kikuri/sefia for oldie 7* for now though, maybe they will only 7* the most popular while continuing to make more dudes?

Kreed

well to be fair, you need to be real high level to have a party of 7* STARTERS. I can't imagine most people having a party of 7*'s that have 30 cost 6* forms for example.

And with how you can only use 1 UBB at a time, I guess they are trying to discourage 7* death squads.

Don't forget 7 stars get better BB/SBB and Leader skills too. While the Starter's BB and SBB weren't great, I really doubt Rare Summon units will have the same issue.

A bit odd that they are just skipping to kikuri/sefia for oldie 7* for now though, maybe they will only 7* the most popular while continuing to make more dudes?

I think they are just building up hype since those two are very popular vs not doing any of the others prior to them. Otherwise Shida and friends would have never gotten 6 star forms.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First 6* get! Douglas, my first pull in game, too. Miracle totem was dumb hard, though. My team is not good, so I was relying on a friend Maxwell. But he used 4 AoE attacks on one turn and wiped my whole party on his turn 1. Seems legit.

Best way to get a dark totem? I'm assuming anything but miracle can drop a dark?

desverger

First 6* get! Douglas, my first pull in game, too. Miracle totem was dumb hard, though. My team is not good, so I was relying on a friend Maxwell. But he used 4 AoE attacks on one turn and wiped my whole party on his turn 1. Seems legit.

Best way to get a dark totem? I'm assuming anything but miracle can drop a dark?

Light/Dark totems appear randomly in all other totem stages, so you could do the one which is the easiest for you. So yes, it can even appear in the Miracle totem stage, though I wouldn't go there looking for it :p

There's also a special event occasionally (Ruins of Light and Dark), which opens up the respective dungeons for those totems, but it's pretty rare.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Light/Dark totems appear randomly in all other totem stages, so you could do the one which is the easiest for you. So yes, it can even appear in the Miracle totem stage, though I wouldn't go there looking for it :p

There's also a special event occasionally (Ruins of Light and Dark), which opens up the respective dungeons for those totems, but it's pretty rare.

Ah OK. In that case, I know I need a few of each color totem, so hopefully a dark will pop up eventually. Gotta evolve my dark team.

I used my 5 free gems and a Luther (A) popped out. I'll put him on my sad attempt at a fire team for now: Lorand/Vargas/Phoenix/Graven/Luther. OK for what I need until better stuff comes my way!

Corgi

Banned
Do note single element teams are largely not good. buff synergy is way more important with a good BB generator lead.

So ideally you'd have for an all purpose team:

Damage mitigator (darvanshel, shera, oulu, narza)

spark buffer (raydn, elza)

crit buffer (dual sgx, orna, kuda)

debuff protector remover (ulkina, eltri, exvhel)

*Freebie slot for your favorite heavy hitter.

desverger

Mono teams can be good if you don't have anything better, but yes, newer units tend to outshine them.

The 50% atk/def you get from ores at least helped me in the start, when I pretty much just had a low level mono thunder team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do note single element teams are largely not good. buff synergy is way more important with a good BB generator lead.

So ideally you'd have for an all purpose team:

Damage mitigator (darvanshel, shera, oulu, narza)

spark buffer (raydn, elza)

crit buffer (dual sgx, orna, kuda)

debuff protector remover (ulkina, eltri, exvhel)

*Freebie slot for your favorite heavy hitter.

You're forgetting that I'm working with units that are 200 days old, haha. I don't have access to units that provide me with these sorts of things. Given the cards I've been dealt, mono teams are my best bet for farming easier content.

Corgi

Banned
You're forgetting that I'm working with units that are 200 days old, haha. I don't have access to units that provide me with these sorts of things. Given the cards I've been dealt, mono teams are my best bet for farming easier content.

which is why you gotta play your cards right! Tons of free gems and summoning tickets this next few weeks.

save them for the next batch and be ready to smoke them quests :3

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh man, got my first dark totem, evolved Scythe Alice to Scythe God Alice. Fed her 600k worth of XP, got a Super Success, went from 1->80 in one feed! Required XP is 1.14m to 80, so it literally couldn't have been anymore perfect! Feels good.

It's the little things for new players like me, haha.

desverger

Oh man, got my first dark totem, evolved Scythe Alice to Scythe God Alice. Fed her 600k worth of XP, got a Super Success, went from 1->80 in one feed! Required XP is 1.14m to 80, so it literally couldn't have been anymore perfect! Feels good.

It's the little things for new players like me, haha.

Grats! Evolving a unit always feels good, I'll never forget my first 6* (Ciara). I was doing the Miracle totem stage and hoping I wouldn't get a light/dark totem on the way, since I was woefully underprepared, and barely made through it :p

Corgi

Banned
stats for the first 7* RS batch is out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2tb68a/jpbf_update_january_22_7_unit_batch/

Kira is fucking ridiculous. Outclasses Maxwell for light/dark easily.

Champion God Kira
閻戯覇神キラ
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:
atk: 2500 {440}
def: 2175 {440}
hp: 6640 {1100}
rec: 2088 {440}
Hits: 8 / 3 DC
Cost: 40
LS: 150% Crit damage / +125% Elemental Weakness dmg for Dark/Light units
BB: 1 Hit, 280% Light/Dark AoE + Def ignore + 60% Crit buff for 3 turns
BC Cost: 28 // Max BC Gen: 1 {to be changed, obv}
SBB: 1 Hit, 500% Light/Dark AoE + 30% ATK/DEF 30% chance debuff for 1 turn / 60% Crit buff for 3 turns
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 1
UBB: 23 hits, 1000% AoE + 100% Inj/Sick/Weak/Para/Poison/Curse buff for 3 turns / + 5-8 BC fill when attacked for 3 turns {100%} to party
BC Cost: 40 // Max BC Gen: 23
Extra Skill: 15% dmg reflect, 20% chance {Item: Unknown}

dual SGX finally has a successor.

Tzar is pretty broken ass too.

Azure Emperor Tzar
蒼皇穿神テイザー
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:
atk: 2423 {440}
def: 2300 {440}
hp: 6705 {1100}
rec: 1982 {440}
Hits: 11 / 2 DC
Cost: 40
LS: 75% spark dmg / 15% BC/HC drop rate
BB: 15 hits, 280% AOE + 70% Spark buff for 3 turns
BC Cost: 15 // Max BC Gen: 15
SBB: 16 hits, 640% ST + 100% spark buff to self for 3 turns + 100% BB fill
BC Cost: 30 // Max BC Gen: 32
UBB: 25 hits, 1000% AoE + 1000 BC fill when attacked to party for 3 turns.
BC Cost: 50 // Max BC Gen: 25
Extra Skill: 80% ATK Buff when BB gauge at 100% {Item: Unknown}

Xetherion

Yeah that batch is just dumb. And people on reddit whined that Ultor and Tridon were OP.

If i manage to pull Kira it's gonna be hilarious. Already have Elza, Kajah and Azael ready to go, and a Hogar that i'm working on.

Shouta

They ever gonna give 6-stars to that free batch like Aneil? lol

Probably not but it'd be nice. I like Aneil but he needs more oomph >=(

Xetherion

They ever gonna give 6-stars to that free batch like Aneil? lol

Probably not but it'd be nice. I like Aneil but he needs more oomph >=(

Actually they are, someone posted their 6* images in the spoiler section on the subreddit. Still not even out yet in jpbf though, gonna be a long time before they hit Global.

Corgi

Banned
So what makes those units so good? I'm not too familiar with what makes a given unit good.

for kira, the 60% crit buff is the highest % crit buff. Critical damage is the highest damage multiplier in the game. Units naturally have 10% crit chance, so with this buff you are 70% chance of doing a critical hit.

his leader skill also adds an additional 150% to the damage multiplier for critical. So if you have a light/dark party, you are gonna hit like a truck.

Tzar is the best of the "boss killers" which is what I call units with single target SBB that have the effect of the SBB recharging after use. Which makes them super useful against single unit bosses. The added Spark damage boost makes it even more potent damage wise (spark is when 2 attacks from different units hit at the exact same frame).

His UBB (Ultra brave burst, the new ultimate move exclusive to 7 star units), also fully fills your entire party's Brave Burst gauge at the end of each turn for 3 turns.

Did 16 honor summons and got a Vargas (G) and Mifune (B)! Don't have to farm Lizeria anymore for Mifune. My anima Mifune is just waiting to evolve.

Seems like a stealth rate up for starters in the honor summon.

Corgi

Banned
really curious if mifune will have a use anywhere besides for 1hiting maxwell.

With most content in the game 1hit ko by bb spam without maxwell or crit lol

desverger

Did 16 honor summons and got a Vargas (G) and Mifune (B)! Don't have to farm Lizeria anymore for Mifune. My anima Mifune is just waiting to evolve.

Seems like a stealth rate up for starters in the honor summon.

I did 10 and got a Vargas (B) as well! Unsure if rate is up, but you convinced me to honor pull :p

Corgi

Banned
some people been wondering where the hell do you use Ultor besides arena...

well this boss is an example.

kwkmmy.png

does fixed 1hit ko attacks single target at 40% and 25% hp (hits twice at 25). Before you pretty much had to use 3 revives and risk failing the mission because none of the other units are allowed to die really (you can only hold 3 revives).

now with 2 idols, ultor can easily tank those attacks (fun fact: idols actually make you immortal for the whole turn, not just 1 autorevive, so only 1 idol is needed to tank 2 ST infinite damage moves!).

(reason my items look off is because I miscalculated the 40% hp and ulkina died and had to revive).

Trying to find other uses now.

And yeah, i know, with triton I pretty much had no way of dying in the first place besides those special attacks :p

Kreed

Piles and piles of Miracle Bulbs and Light Totems. Can't get dark stuff to save my life.

I wouldn't spend much time gathering Bulbs. Bulbs were created for evolution units exclusive to the Global version of Brave Frontier, and currently there are less than 15 of those units that use them (Ultor and Tridon being the only two worth the investment). All the other units in the game use Totems, Mimics, Spirits, Pots, Idols, and Nymphs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wouldn't spend much time gathering Bulbs. Bulbs were created for evolution units exclusive to the Global version of Brave Frontier, and currently there are less than 15 of those units that use them (Ultor and Tridon being the only two worth the investment). All the other units in the game use Totems, Mimics, Spirits, Pots, Idols, and Nymphs.

I need 3 total dark bulbs for Semira. :(

desverger

Looks like Most Wanted unit event is coming again at the end of this month. Kinda wishing I'd saved up some gems :p

Lets see, the voting period is 23rd - 25th, so I'm assuming the summon event itself takes place on 26th - 28th.

There will be a total of 3 gems from the giveaway during that time, and I have 9 currently having gotten my weekly gem today.. so I'd need to get 3 gems from somewhere to manage 3 whopping pulls.

Eh, guess it's better than nothing!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Have you guys tried Gumi's latest game, Chain Chronicles? I'm really digging it, after not really caring for the 9000 other PaD/BF clones (Terra Battle, etc).

Top Bottom