• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
In today's game, to get your first Totem find a friend with Maxwell (or Ultor/Mare if you can't find a Maxwell) and run a couple units the Totem is weak against. But really if you use Maxwell the units you run don't matter, Maxwell can solo any totem.

In that case, Limit will be my lifesaver. :)

Anyone else run Maxwell that wants to add me?

Also, will Maxwell be recruitable again anytime soon???

Limit

Maxwell is forever recruitable. She is basically a PAD descended dungeon drop wherein the descended dungeon is always available for the players to tackle. You can find her in summoners' research lab at imperial capital randall. She is trial no.3 boss; AKA the hardest dungeon that's currently available in Global Brave Frontier.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Maxwell is forever recruitable. She is basically a PAD descended dungeon drop wherein the descended dungeon is always available for the players to tackle. You can find her in summoners' research lab at imperial capital randall. She is trial no.3 boss; AKA the hardest dungeon that's currently available in Global Brave Frontier.

Ah OK. Figured she was a summon/gacha unit.

In that case, it will be a while. :3

Kreed

Ah OK. Figured she was a summon/gacha unit.

In that case, it will be a while. :3

You should have no issues getting Totems even without Maxwell. The hardest Totem is Miracle Totem (the 50 energy one) and you can beat it with a mono team and Ores/Seals for the same element (Miracle Totem does attacks that are effective against all elements but it's main element is light, so I would avoid using dark units until they are higher level). If you need to grind items for Ores and Seals make sure you bring a Zelnite friend, as he increases drop rates for items.

Now that I think about it, you could probably go ahead and attempt Trial 001 using a Rowgen friend. Prior to Rowgen, the strategy for Karl was creating a really strong Thunder team, but because Rowgen's SBB refills itself after use, you would just need him equipped with a Leomurg sphere and Refined Gem (or a Status Immunity lead to protect him from status effects) and a Fujin potion to fill up his SBB at the start of the trial. Karl as a unit is mostly mono water filler right now, but he will get a great 6 star upgrade soon.

desverger

Any tips for the Underworld Umbrage stage 3? What should I bring, units and items-wise? Just trying to complete it for the free gem, not too fussed otherwise.

Also to note, I can only bring one 6* and have the rest at 5*.

So far I've been using Ciara or Ultor as a leader, and Yujeh to give me light element attacks, and Tia as a healer + 2 randoms. The best try was with a Tridon buddy, that shield is just too good. Wish I had the unit cost to field him myself, but the unit cost bites me in the butt again.

Is it just me, but does that REC debuff totally kill your bc gen/bb gain?

Corgi

Banned
hmmm mitigator, bb gain units, debuffer, grah/ardin etc for light element on party is what I did.

pretty standard boss fight.

broz0rs

Underworld vortex has been the easiest of the three so far. The only thing about him is that he's crit resitant and stealths if you don't kill him fast enough. Just have your strongest light units and he'll go down in two turns, even without Maxwell.

desverger

Underworld vortex has been the easiest of the three so far. The only thing about him is that he's crit resitant and stealths if you don't kill him fast enough. Just have your strongest light units and he'll go down in two turns, even without Maxwell.

In my experience Ultor's dungeon (Machine of Destruction) was the easiest, mainly because Cyclaw didn't really have any outstanding mechanics. That, and I had Ultor tanking for me which actually helped in the dungeon.

Turbo Cyclaw was tough because of the shield, and I just got messed up due to the stealth mechanic of the Turbo Netherhound. It's funny how it almost feels like a bug when you can't do anything, lol.

Yeah, maybe it's just the fact I don't have strong enough units to knock him out quickly enough. I could try burst bombing my Ultor to max BB rank and try the tank strat, I guess.

I do have a few Maxwell friends, so that could be an option too.

edit: Managed the tank strat well enough, Ultor is such a silly unit and has good synergy with Lilly Matah. Funnily enough I could execute Ultor's BB when doggie was stealthed, which meant I took basically no damage from his stealth move since he was pounding on Ultor - unless he decided to use his aoe, which had me using a few rezzes. Got a cap to boot, if I ever accidentally summon Hadaron :p

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Why oh why did they make dark bulbs such a hard drop to get... it took me like 7 runs to get one.

Kept getting miracle.. needed dark.

This was the other day.. but now I need one more to upgrade that new guy.

Corgi

Banned
never had a problem with dark bulb. evolved my semira back then with no problem.

Anyone else running out of things to do? Was thinking crafting some good spheres would take a while... but I already got 4 sol creators made in a single day.

still haven't tackled the new map yet, but that shouldn't take long.

So anyone got of the increased unit for their rate up? Only really want Kuda and Shera.
Heard the rates up wasn't really a rates up a few hours ago.

desverger

So anyone got of the increased unit for their rate up? Only really want Kuda and Shera.

Typical Gumi lol.

I pulled once just to get trolled and got Nick! At least I'll have an item farming lead now :p

Shera or Lucca would be awesome though. I just don't have the hope for these "rate up" events.

TimeKillr

The only unit I'd pull for would be Shera (I don't have Orna but I don't necessarily need her) so it's not worth it (I have all the others, with 2 Lucca and 2 Fiora, so I think it's enough!)

My crit squad is getting more and more ready by the minute - my Kuda is now SBB10, so I just need to finish farming my Amanohabakens and I'm good to go. My squad is going to be

Maxwell lead x2
Kuda (crit + atk buff)
Elza (spark buff!)
Dilma (for massive earth damage)
Mariudeth (for massive water damage)

I can always swap Dilma and Mariudeth for single-target powerhouses if I need to with Rowgen, Lilith or Arus, so I think I'm good to go.

Corgi

Banned

got about everything i want except orna. not worth it for me. next thing i might gem for is the sphere batch. Water healer seems like a nice sideupgrade to ulkina, and the earth lady is a better elza.

Xetherion

The rate up was bugged at first but is fixed now. Got a Kuda (A) on my 2nd pull and a Fiora (B) as well. Fiora is a dupe with the same type, but Kuda is new at least. Wanted Lucca, Orna and Shera but oh well.

Funny thing is i probably won't even use Kuda unless i'm fighting Light units. Already have Mariudeth for crit buff and working on unlocking Hogar's sbb for Atk buff. Would rather have 2 heavy hitters that are also buffers than Kuda. Still, it'll be nice to have Kuda for when his LS gets buffed and 1st Turn BB Tilith Arena strategy comes to Global.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love auto-battle. I can just start the quest and walk away. Great for XP farming early on until totems and stuff pop up for me to evolve my weaklings.

I'll hopefully give a go at the current summoner tomorrow sometime...

TimeKillr

The rate up was bugged at first but is fixed now. Got a Kuda (A) on my 2nd pull and a Fiora (B) as well. Fiora is a dupe with the same type, but Kuda is new at least. Wanted Lucca, Orna and Shera but oh well.

Funny thing is i probably won't even use Kuda unless i'm fighting Light units. Already have Mariudeth for crit buff and working on unlocking Hogar's sbb for Atk buff. Would rather have 2 heavy hitters that are also buffers than Kuda. Still, it'll be nice to have Kuda for when his LS gets buffed and 1st Turn BB Tilith Arena strategy comes to Global.

If you're using Mariudeth for crit, you're going to pack Amanohabakens?

In that case, you're most likely better up with Kuda alone, since Mariu is 5% more crit but that 5% goes to waste since the crit cap is 70%... Kuda + Amano + base crit = 70%, so it's just perfect, *and* the 100% ATK buff on top is great (he'll get the buff himself, too, which means a bit more damage).

That's just my opinion (also Hogar being bugged for BC gen really doesn't help). Hogar being Light also isn't useful since you already have 2 Light units with the 2 Maxwells, so you're potentially missing out on extra damage (unless you're fighting dark!)

Xetherion

Hogar's bug is the only reason i might run Kuda instead. Between Maxwellx2 and Elza though BC gen is usually not a problem. Going to try Hogar and see how it goes. Hogar does ~3000 more damage than Kuda which is more than the 2646 more damage my Mariu would do with 100% atk buff.

broz0rs

I love auto-battle. I can just start the quest and walk away. Great for XP farming early on until totems and stuff pop up for me to evolve my weaklings.

I'll hopefully give a go at the current summoner tomorrow sometime...

That's why the game is called Auto Battle Frontier.

Pretty certain most of us at GAF play this game that way as well.

Well, used my 3 summon tickets and got:
Duel-GX (B)
Hadaron (A) (Wtf...)
Lucca (G)

At least 2 aren't dupes. I see very little use for Hadaron.
Will get the last 2 summon ticket milestones in a few days anyway.

I'm so sad. I accidently fused Shida to one of my units when I wasn't looking. So, so sad. Now I know to favorite my units so that it doesn't happen again...

If anyone wants to add me, I'm pretty active and still playing but I, think, I don't have many useful units. At least, the only unit that I use as leader right now is Narza.

My ID: 9472779623

broz0rs

I'm so sad. I accidently fused Shida to one of my units when I wasn't looking. So, so sad. Now I know to favorite my units so that it doesn't happen again...

If anyone wants to add me, I'm pretty active and still playing but I, think, I don't have many useful units. At least, the only unit that I use as leader right now is Narza.

you should contact gumi's customer support and try to get your Shida back because that's an invaluable unit. it's a small chance, but i've heard players getting back their units before.

desverger

Always, always favorite a unit immediately once you get it :p

I'll add you as a friend once maintenance is over. My id is 5313614031 - anyone else reading this feel free to add me up as well if you want. I'm probably gonna switch to Ultor leader once I get him geared up. Just need 9 SBB levels more :p

edit: Added you!

TimeKillr

Tuesday means I can farm idols finally!

Also, how tough is the pots stage? I need a few of them as well.

If you have Maxwell friends, shouldn't be too hard.

We're in maintenance now though for another few hours (lol) so I wouldn't bank on playing much today anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh believe me, I tried booting up this morning at 7 AM to be greeted with the wonderful maintenance text. I farmed ranks yesterday and got up to rank 62 from the 47 I was on Friday. Trying to just get my stam high enough to be able to run stuff more regularly.

TimeKillr

So we hit 20mil downloads, and this means a *ton* of rewards, including 2 Sphere Frogs, a lot of Gems, a summon ticket, Burst Frogs, imps, etc.

It's pretty cool - 2 Sphere Frogs means I'll be able to dual sphere some of my crit team members like Kuda, which should be awesome.

Corgi

Banned
15 Gems, 1 Summon Ticket
1 Crystal/Imp/Bulb Set
3 Burst Frog, 2 Sphere Frogs
10 Crescent Dew
1 Metal Mimic
2 Golden Gods

is the total rewards.

I think it would do nicoga3000 some good to log on every day for the next few weeks :p

Some worthwhile stuff there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
15 Gems, 1 Summon Ticket
1 Crystal/Imp/Bulb Set
3 Burst Frog, 2 Sphere Frogs
10 Crescent Dew
1 Metal Mimic
2 Golden Gods

is the total rewards.

I think it would do nicoga3000 some good to log on every day for the next few weeks :p

Some worthwhile stuff there.

I plan to. :)

What are Burst Frogs and Sphere Frogs for? Also, what is everyone's unit capacity at? I'm currently at 145 because I keep saving the evo mats. I feel like I need more space still...

TimeKillr

I plan to. :)

What are Burst Frogs and Sphere Frogs for? Also, what is everyone's unit capacity at? I'm currently at 145 because I keep saving the evo mats. I feel like I need more space still...

Burst Frogs guarantee one Brave Burst level up when you fuse it into a unit (which is useful to finish levels 7-8-9, because those take forever).

Sphere Frogs add a 2nd slot for a Sphere on a single character, which is incredibly good. Sphere Frogs are insanely rare in the game - essentially, you can get them when Gumi decides to give them out. You can also get one per Frontier Hunter and incredibly rarely through Super Honor Summons. So keep them.

My unit capacity is at 250, and once I go through all my dupe shit I'll most likely won't need to boost it for a little while.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have so many damn evo mats, but I know I'll hate myself for dumping them. Also managed to get a Dark Crystal on a metal run. Dude looks like he's the perfect dark fodder during a fusion boost event!

I ran the Entrance of Frontier Hunter and when I was done it said "Abnormalities were detected coming from your device, therefore your points are counted as 0".

WTF Gumi?

shida frontier.

destroyed the first 3 floors.

I think Shida's a marginal gain at best as long as you were already using the Lucca/Fiora/Ardin/Orna type people. I'll try both at some point but losing Attack points, overkill points, AND spark points for a few weak element points is hard to see as an actual gain.

Unless you are going with the super-slow kill strategy anyway.

Corgi

Banned
I think Shida's a marginal gain at best as long as you were already using the Lucca/Fiora/Ardin/Orna type people. I'll try both at some point but losing Attack points, overkill points, AND spark points for a few weak element points is hard to see as an actual gain.

Unless you are going with the super-slow kill strategy anyway.

only have fiora and ardin sadly.

gonna first get all the rewards then see what I can do. Don't really care that much about FH units. So not in the rush to get rank up. +2 per event is enough for me

Kreed

shida frontier.

destroyed the first 3 floors.

I ran Shida on my team too and I was really surprised by how high my score was with End even with a Burst Frog appearing in round 2. In past FH, a one enemy round was enough to mess up my score and force me to repeat the dungeon to get the Sphere Frog, but I had more than enough with this squad (Double Maxwell, Shida, Kuda, Zephyr, Ulkina).

Now to do some actual research on Terminus this time before I get killed by Loch or something else I didn't plan for.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what is FH? Something I need to skip for now?

E: Uh, game said I get a free gem for clearing the last stage of a quest, but I did not receive said gem. ??

razterik

So what is FH? Something I need to skip for now?

E: Uh, game said I get a free gem for clearing the last stage of a quest, but I did not receive said gem. ??

Gem distribution is wonky because of server load due to Frontier Hunter. It should appear eventually over time or through quitting and restarting the app manually.

Frontier Hunter is under the Imperial Capital Randall tab, in the Survey Office. You use Hunter Orbs that refresh every 3 hours to take on a series of battles that give rewards for points scored. No punishment for losing and does not require normal stamina, so it's best to attempt them as often as you are able. Higher scores and final score placement give some of the better rewards in the game, including gems, money, imps, frogs and spheres.

Corgi

Banned
welp failed terminus lol.

Just couldn't generate enough BB with my setup of

Maxwell Maxwell

shida
dual sgx
elza
shera
:(

Ok so out of the units I have so far, which ones should I focus on raising?

Luther (O) - A bit sad that this was Oracle but I had already leveled him all the way to 80 before I realized that type actually mattered. Was also the unit I got from the free pull.
Elimo (L) - I had another Elimo but I don't remember the type. Ended up fusing it to this one since I was just about to evolve the lv.60 one but ended up getting the lv.80 one in a summon.
Signas (L) - I like this unit but not sure if worth the time for Arena.
Lidith (L) - In it's 5* form, haven't got around to raising.
Eltri (A) - I heard he was top tier. Was considering evolving but have been waiting.
Zelban (L) - Not sure if he's any good or not.
Golem (B) - Galvitron looks cool but not sure if worth it.
Luly (L) - I gave her a sphere frog for my Terra squad but ended up not even doing it.
Ophelia (B) - I got destroyed by her in Arena so I decided to max her out already.
Behemoth (B) - Not sure if he's worth evolving either.
Rowgen (B) - Already maxed and sphere frog. Not sure what items though.
Alyut (O) - Again, sad that it's Oracle. Cool unit though but not sure if I should keep raising.
Narza (G) - Is Guardian okay? I really only use this guy for his leader skill to get BB.
Mifune (A) & (B) - The Anima one is already maxed but I'm considering raising the Breaker one since he's a glass cannon anyway. Is it worth it?
Ardin (O) - This guy is cool. Already got to his 6* but haven't maxed anything yet. Should I bother since he's Oracle?
Darvanshel (B) - I thought this guy was meant to be a tank. Is Breaker any good?
Zephu (A) - Waiting for the 6*.
Vael (B) - Well, not sure about this guy either.
Rina (A)
Bran (A)
Orna (B)
Lunaris (L)
Kuda (B) - The last 3 I got from my most recent pulls so I guess I was lucky. Definitely going to max out Orna and Kuda.

So any hints/tips?

OTK every wave on Terminus but I get an abnormality has been detected from your device message and I get a freaking 0. Welp, there goes that 1.46 mil before tallying the final score.

Submitted a ticket to gumi about my squad, sphere, I.D. and I.G.N.

This is bullshit. I want HR+4 for Tilith and now lost an orb for nothing.

My squad:
Maxwell
Shida
Orna
Elza
Zelnite
Maxwell friend

Top Bottom