• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Demon flutes are how I keep up BB with a double maxwell squad. That and against the Sphere Frog the only BB I use is Orna's.

the core strategy of scoring high typically revolves around shida and abusing high hit units (ala narza) with the halloween and lexida spheres.

Pretty much score big on weak element attacks. You can easily hit 2mil with this.

problem is this takes like 40min per run :p

I got upwards of 1.8 million with a Double Maxwell crit squad and it took about 5 minutes.

Admittedly I'm not trying for +5, but I'll stick with my strategy.

Corgi

Banned
yeah have no clue how yall do double maxwell for this. I failed terminus the first time because I couldn't generate enough BB with dual maxwell sgx elza shida shera combo.

rosetta batch is out.

I'd highly recommend not summoning for this batch if you already have decent alternatives with how ridiculous the next batch is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vag6FzzUHqk

gal can easily bb spam 1 enemy lol.

TimeKillr

yeah have no clue how yall do double maxwell for this. I failed terminus the first time because I couldn't generate enough BB with dual maxwell sgx elza shida shera combo.

Well there's your problem, imo -

Shida and Shera are probably bad choices for this? Shida especially. I know you probably want to use him for color spread, but his SBB generates absolutely NO BC, so that's one out of the loop right there.

Shera does enough, but her BC cost is kinda high, imo. You'd be better off with high BC-generating units (arguably stuff that does a ton of hits too) so that you can keep up. I can get full BB spam on 2 units with my team, which is dual Maxwell + Kuda + Elza + Mariudeth + Dilma. It's pretty easy, too.

Although, to be fair, in my team, Maxwell, Kuda and Elza are dual-sphered, and they both have Amanohabaken and Sol Creators, so that also helps quite a bit.

Also, don't pull during 5* events. Only pull during 6* events, because on 6* you have a higher chance to pull the event unit (or so Reddit says). One of the admins of the subreddit spent 170 gems on 34 pulls on this event and got ZERO event units. None whatsoever. That's kinda insane.

Corgi

Banned
Well there's your problem, imo -

Shida and Shera are probably bad choices for this? Shida especially. I know you probably want to use him for color spread, but his SBB generates absolutely NO BC, so that's one out of the loop right there.

Shera does enough, but her BC cost is kinda high, imo. You'd be better off with high BC-generating units (arguably stuff that does a ton of hits too) so that you can keep up. I can get full BB spam on 2 units with my team, which is dual Maxwell + Kuda + Elza + Mariudeth + Dilma. It's pretty easy, too.

Although, to be fair, in my team, Maxwell, Kuda and Elza are dual-sphered, and they both have Amanohabaken and Sol Creators, so that also helps quite a bit.

Also, don't pull during 5* events. Only pull during 6* events, because on 6* you have a higher chance to pull the event unit (or so Reddit says). One of the admins of the subreddit spent 170 gems on 34 pulls on this event and got ZERO event units. None whatsoever. That's kinda insane.

its always ymmv.

when 5* elza came out, pull rate was like 30% or something crazy.

Kreed

Shida's SBB partially fills the BB gauges of the other members. While not by much, it's enough to activate SBB in the rounds after the Sphere Frog for members that don't have it.

I'll try Birgitte2004's method with the Demon Flutes first before attempting a non Shida run. The only thing I'm worried about is round 1 since that means I won't be able to kill everyone with Fujin potions.

TimeKillr

its always ymmv.

when 5* elza came out, pull rate was like 30% or something crazy.

Obviously... Just 34 pulls and none of the event units is kinda insane.

I wonder when we'll get 7*.. I think it'll be problematic because don't they require the new achievement system that's in JP to get one of the mats?

Shida's SBB partially fills the BB gauges of the other members. While not by much, it's enough to activate SBB in the rounds after the Sphere Frog for members that don't have it.

I'll try Birgitte2004's method with the Demon Flutes first before attempting a non Shida run. The only thing I'm worried about is round 1 since that means I won't be able to kill everyone with Fujin potions.

It's definitely good, don't get me wrong, but then again typically in FH you won't have flutes if you pick Marauder set, which is by far the best one. The other problem is that if you enter a round with everyone's SBB filled, Shida's BB gauge fill is useless as you want to activate his SBB first... I'm not 100% sure on the timing of the BB gauge fill, but I doubt if you do Shida SBB -> Everyone else that you'll get the BB fill.

Typical run is

Round 1: Attack Potion, Fujin on both Maxwells + Elza, SBB with them. Everyone is filled after that.
Round 2 and onwards: SBB spam every turn! (except on single-target fights, where life is just sucky. I hate Terminus in this tier because the Sphere Frog is annoying as hell in it's placement).

Corgi

Banned
Obviously... Just 34 pulls and none of the event units is kinda insane.

I wonder when we'll get 7*.. I think it'll be problematic because don't they require the new achievement system that's in JP to get one of the mats?

Thinking by summer. Won't stop them from bringing the units over though, even in their 6* form, they are quite good.

I'm scared for the summon rates though, with them not having 4* forms meaning rainbow door is required.

Xetherion

I just always check the google spreadsheet from the rate up megathread on the subreddit. Have to wait until there's a good number of total summons for a decent idea of the rates though. Right now after nearly 600 summons Rosetta is at an okay rate of about 8%. Rates for Vanberk and Zergel are really low though. I was thinking about pulling for Zergel because the bc fill on his bb will be great in the Dark Arena, but fuck that <5% rate. Maybe when his 6* comes out. Or i'll just save for the 7* batch, though seeing as we don't even have 7* starters yet not to mention Ziz 6*, that's probably 2 months away or more.

Corgi

Banned
I just always check the google spreadsheet from the rate up megathread on the subreddit. Have to wait until there's a good number of total summons for a decent idea of the rates though. Right now after nearly 600 summons Rosetta is at an okay rate of about 8%. Rates for Vanberk and Zergel are really low though. I was thinking about pulling for Zergel because the bc fill on his bb will be great in the Dark Arena, but fuck that <5% rate. Maybe when his 6* comes out. Or i'll just save for the 7* batch, though seeing as we don't even have 7* starters yet not to mention Ziz 6*, that's probably 2 months away or more.

do remember gems don't expire :)

just horde until something you must have comes around.

Kreed

It's definitely good, don't get me wrong, but then again typically in FH you won't have flutes if you pick Marauder set, which is by far the best one. The other problem is that if you enter a round with everyone's SBB filled, Shida's BB gauge fill is useless as you want to activate his SBB first... I'm not 100% sure on the timing of the BB gauge fill, but I doubt if you do Shida SBB -> Everyone else that you'll get the BB fill.

Typical run is

Round 1: Attack Potion, Fujin on both Maxwells + Elza, SBB with them. Everyone is filled after that.
Round 2 and onwards: SBB spam every turn! (except on single-target fights, where life is just sucky. I hate Terminus in this tier because the Sphere Frog is annoying as hell in it's placement).

With Shida's SBB, if everyone's BB gauges are filled and you activate his SBB first there is a small window from when you have to activate everyone else's SBB before his SBB begins in order to get any BB fill. I'm quick enough to get his SBB to help fill Kuda, Zephyr, and friend Elza's BB gauge, but Ulkina and Maxwell don't get any BB help.

Xetherion

do remember gems don't expire :)

just horde until something you must have comes around.

I don't like spending tons of gems on one rate up. The most i'm willing to do is 10 summons and if i don't get what i want i'm done. Learned my lesson after pulling 15+ times for Hogar and never getting him, especially since I ended up getting him recently as random non event unit while pulling for other stuff.

TimeKillr

I don't like spending tons of gems on one rate up. The most i'm willing to do is 10 summons and if i don't get what i want i'm done. Learned my lesson after pulling 15+ times for Hogar and never getting him, especially since I ended up getting him recently as random non event unit while pulling for other stuff.

I did that because I really wanted a Shera.. I ended up with 5 Arus (all of them Breaker or Anima!) but zero Shera.. and what'll most likely happen is on the next batch I pull I'll get a Shera, so at this point...

When you have pretty much everything you need, there's no real point in mass pulling.

Xetherion

I did that because I really wanted a Shera.. I ended up with 5 Arus (all of them Breaker or Anima!) but zero Shera.. and what'll most likely happen is on the next batch I pull I'll get a Shera, so at this point...

When you have pretty much everything you need, there's no real point in mass pulling.

Don't even get me started on Shera's batch. Pulled 5 times on initial release and 10 times during 6* rate up, and never got ANY of the event units.

My FH party is Maxwell(x2) leads, Elza, Orna, Ardin, Lucca.

I basically get the Shida effect, but without sacrificing BC drops or Sparks.

I flute on the rounds with 1 or 2 enemies.

For the Sphere frog I use Orna's SBB but no other BBs. If I don't get her back to SBB before the next wave (and I usually don't), I just rely on Maxwell's crit buff instead. Since my whole party is Amanohabaken and Crit Axes I'm still nearly maxed on crit chance.

The first round does surprisingly little damage. I've never been in a serious threat of death.

Mifune's batch just got their 6 stars. Evolved my anima Mifune, still need to level my breaker Mifune a few more levels. Got Lario to 6 as well. Might as well get evo mats for Weiss too haha.

Kreed

I tried dual Maxwell with Yujeh, Fiora, Kuda, and Lucca, but I only got around 1.3 million with this squad. BB wasn't a problem though and Fiora's Attack Down debuff was really useful. The biggest issue is without Elza I'm not getting the Spark Buff. I'm going to try again with Luther instead of Kuda and see if it makes a difference.

I tried dual Maxwell with Yujeh, Fiora, Kuda, and Lucca, but I only got around 1.3 million with this squad. BB wasn't a problem though and Fiora's Attack Down debuff was really useful. The biggest issue is without Elza I'm not getting the Spark Buff. I'm going to try again with Luther instead of Kuda and see if it makes a difference.

Yujeh is, relatively speaking, a bad unit for FH. In my experiments I had better luck with a 5* Grah, and that's saying something.

desverger

Lol, just tried Entrance again and I barely reached 30k. Another Muramasa I guess!

I think I'm lacking hits in my SBBs.. Elza would be my best bet, I just checked and she has the highest SBB count of my units. Problem is, I have her at 5* and lv1 BB lol. None of my other units even come close, I have Ciara at 14 hits and Ultor at 18, while Elza is 30.

I suppose Elza will be my next 6*. I wonder if I could bomb her to 6* and a reasonable SBB level during this event :p

Anyway, I suppose I'll just have to find a decent friend unit for this FH event.

Kreed

Yujeh is, relatively speaking, a bad unit for FH. In my experiments I had better luck with a 5* Grah, and that's saying something.

This shouldn't be the case stats are to be believed. While Yujeh is weaker than Ardin, Yujeh's Attack stat is 1792 at Lord while Grahden's is at 1799, but her SBB is a 400% damage modifier vs Grahden's BB which is only 200%, and 21 hit vs 13 hit so there are more drop checks.

This shouldn't be the case stats are to be believed. While Yujeh is weaker than Ardin, Yujeh's Attack stat is 1792 at Lord while Grahden's is at 1799, but her SBB is a 400% damage modifier vs Grahden's BB which is only 200%, and 21 hit vs 13 hit so there are more drop checks.

Yujeh's attack animation is awful for sparking.

TimeKillr

Ugh. I've spent 200+ stamina trying to get Zurg, only for him never to drop! I thought the drop rates were up.. :(

People on reddit getting 3/4 copies of him, I never do.

**EDIT**

Of course, as I type this, the game's running on auto-battle next to me... Guess what dropped as I was hitting post. lol He's Breaker, so that's good. I would've preferred Anima but I'm not gonna farm this forever.

Now to get Mifune and/or Lario! Lario 6* has a 40hit SBB, that's ridiculous!

Corgi

Banned
surprised im like top 8k so far. the 'rest period' must have messed people up.

Might even get +3 this time!

been consistently getting 1.5mil with deemo maxwell friend maxwell elza shida zelnite.

shida has actually helped with BB gen with the sbb quite often when he has full sbb and some other units don't by the start of a round.

desverger

I'm like rank 100001 or something lol.

Just improved my score quite a lot on End stage. I should be fine if I manage a few more 1TKOs, but for some reason I got Oulu in room 4 and that took like 4 turns to clear, while all others were 1-2 turns. I can do better!

Xetherion

surprised im like top 8k so far. the 'rest period' must have messed people up.

Might even get +3 this time!

been consistently getting 1.5mil with deemo maxwell friend maxwell elza shida zelnite.

shida has actually helped with BB gen with the sbb quite often when he has full sbb and some other units don't by the start of a round.

I think a lot less people are grinding FH this time. I didn't use 2 orbs last night because i didn't feel like grinding Terminus. Also didn't bother doing FH all day until i got home from work just now. Used my 3 orbs and jumped up to like rank 14k from 28k. I consistently get 1.5mil in Terminus with Zelnite + Elza lead/friend with Melchio, Darvanshel, Eve, and Fiora. It's funny, Zelnite + Elza gives me full BB gauges better than either dual Zelnite or dual Elza. Their LS must synergize really well.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I did 3 pulls today with my FH gems.

Another Doug
Another Alice
Another Lorand

This game... I just can't.

Corgi

Banned
lario is great for score for fh... but im having a hard time finishing (get smoked by stage 5 or 6)... hmmm might stick shera in here.

desverger

I'm at a point (lv80) where I can afford to have two! 6* units in my squad along with 5* units.

Any recommendations on which unit I should 6* next? Potentil candidates are..

Fiora - ATK reduction in her SBB
Orna - Massive crit buff in her SBB
Elza - Spark buff and massive hit count in her SBB
Yujeh - Heal in her SBB

I'm partial to Elza myself, seeing as I don't have a good spark buffer and she could be potential leader material for BB spamming. Orna is also tempting, seeing as I use her a lot in my team for the element buffs and I could free up a crit buffer slot with her.

My only 6* units so far are Ciara and Ultor.

Corgi

Banned
I'm at a point (lv80) where I can afford to have two! 6* units in my squad along with 5* units.

Any recommendations on which unit I should 6* next? Potentil candidates are..

Fiora - ATK reduction in her SBB
Orna - Massive crit buff in her SBB
Elza - Spark buff and massive hit count in her SBB
Yujeh - Heal in her SBB

I'm partial to Elza myself, seeing as I don't have a good spark buffer and she could be potential leader material for BB spamming. Orna is also tempting, seeing as I use her a lot in my team for the element buffs and I could free up a crit buffer slot with her.

My only 6* units so far are Ciara and Ultor.

What are your immediate goals?

also fyi:you totally could have gotten to lvl 100+ on monday with the exp vortex dungeon at 1/2 energy :p

desverger

What are your immediate goals?

also fyi:you totally could have gotten to lvl 100+ on monday with the exp vortex dungeon at 1/2 energy :p

No immediate goal as such, I just like to have a good squad in case of some crazy event or dungeon opens. I guess maximize the damage potential? In that sense, crit and spark buffs would both be good.

My first FH has already shown that even my best team is lacking. And that I need Maxwell friends lol.

And yeah, I know, I went up like 78-80 last monday.. I realized the potential of the cost reduction too late, and then I was already feeling too lazy :p

Shouta

I still don't have Zelnite. I tried for him during the most wanted but got Nick instead -_- Isn't he the Global Budget version of Zelnite?

desverger

I still don't have Zelnite. I tried for him during the most wanted but got Nick instead -_- Isn't he the Global Budget version of Zelnite?

Yeah. He has better item and BC drop buffs but doesn't buff anything else.

I guess a budget Zelnite describes him well :p

broz0rs

Omnomnom thanks. I guess I'll focus him after I finish up my dark squad. :)

problem is that he requires an evo mat (for 6* evolution) that is only capturable in a special vortex that doesn't appear very often. the boss fight is also quite challenging if you don't have good units.

Corgi

Banned
problem is that he requires an evo mat (for 6* evolution) that is only capturable in a special vortex that doesn't appear very often. the boss fight is also quite challenging if you don't have good units.
don't think he's ready for 6* just yet :p

5* is pretty decent anyhow.

Rajack

My current leveled guys with SBB are Seraph Azael, Master Assassin Kuda, and Ruin Goddess Zellha. Pretty good lineup?

Top Bottom