• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Finally got my Lario sbb10. Even when I couldn't get Orna's sbb on wave 4, Lario picked up more points in sparks and attack damage with elements buff. It salvaged my score and would have been the highest if my oracle Elza didn't die.

My anima Lario brings so much to the table as sub. Sorry Zelnite, you're benched unless I need a psuedo healer.

Corgi

Banned
Finally got my Lario sbb10. Even when I couldn't get Orna's sbb on wave 4, Lario picked up more points in sparks and attack damage with elements buff. It salvaged my score and would have been the highest if my oracle Elza didn't die.

My anima Lario brings so much to the table as sub. Sorry Zelnite, you're benched unless I need a psuedo healer.

same for mine, but I like having zelnite friend for FH. His BB and HC gen is too good.

god if he gets a 7*...

Damn. I confused the times again. Thought FH ended at 11:59 pst instead of 10:00. Well, I goofed and stuck with HR+3. Would have gemmed for HR+4. I want my Tilith.

chrono01

Speaking of Zelnite, I finally got my first Legwand Gem from FH10 today. He's now complete.

itPD9QiAamlrJ.PNG

Now to work on Elza...

Corgi

Banned
Damn. I confused the times again. Thought FH ended at 11:59 pst instead of 10:00. Well, I goofed and stuck with HR+3. Would have gemmed for HR+4. I want my Tilith.

lol EXACT same for me :p

so damn confusing because all the notifications for other events say 11:59pst.

desverger

Speaking of Zelnite, I finally got my first Legwand Gem from FH10 today. He's now complete..

Grats! Glad to have you on my friends list lol.

edit: Farming for Lario now, I am stupid.

I wish there was a checkbox for not picking up any items. The item housekeeping is so annoying with all the junk you get :p

Corgi

Banned
yeah triton shield might be bugged or something. survived zebra's fixed damage EASILY.

won with just 2 fujins used, zero revives, and i even forgot to bring a debuffer.

uyckxm.png

TimeKillr

I have to learn to just not pull when units are released...

I just did 3 pulls, hoping to get a Shera..

I got an Anima Shera on my 3rd pull. Finally! And best typing, too, which is awesome.

Kreed

Had to quit Cardes early since the match was taking too long for my break, so I'll try again this evening. But he really is simple with Tridon. The only thing I forgot to do was bring in a good Paralysis unit which made Luther more annoying than he should have been, so I'll bring in Rina or Sefia next time (don't have Semira).

Corgi

Banned
There is also a good rate up for many great units.

If you don't have a darvanshel or shera yet... I'd highly advise pulling for them.

desverger

Looks like they reopened Flower in the Frost dungeon for some reason. Was pretty fun demolishing that with my 6* Orna, and got 2 gems and a burst frog to boot!

In other news, Gumi got back to me when I filed a ticket for my login rarity bar resetting. They told me if I don't force close the app every day, there might be incosistencies in keeping the login bonus intact, and that caused me to miss one day. Who knew.

broz0rs

Looks like they reopened Flower in the Frost dungeon for some reason. Was pretty fun demolishing that with my 6* Orna, and got 2 gems and a burst frog to boot!.

those elemental vortex units are all getting 6*

Too bad I fused all of mine away except for Alma. I'm looking forward to her 6* so she can fight side by side with her daddy (Hogar) in Arena lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There is also a good rate up for many great units.

If you don't have a darvanshel or shera yet... I'd highly advise pulling for them.

I got a Darvanshrl and a Melchio. No Shera though.

E: Pulled 2 for shits this morning and Shera popped out. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
fyi shera is one unit you should get 6* :p

And yeah gonna farm the crap out of alma.... for an Atro.

Shera seems to get some high praise. Thankfully, I have somewhere to send all my thunder experience!

I was hoping the current rotation of dungeons would include the evo mat for my Tridon, but I'll just have to keep him at his current stage. I'm leveling his BB in the interim so that when I DO evo him, he'll start at BB5. That should make my life a LITTLE easier. :3

Cardes is my new least favorite fight ever.

I won, and I have him, but dispelling buffs is too swingy of an ability.

If you get bad luck and Luther is alive and not paralyzed, he+Cardes can decide to kill someone. Anyone. And there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Get unlucky enough that you run out of revives, oops sorry game over.

I did nothing different on the run that won other than get luckier.

I do not have Semira, but the addition of her adds a whole new level of crap from the overall game standpoint. Why should one unit reduce luck so drastically?

Corgi

Banned
Cardes is my new least favorite fight ever.

I won, and I have him, but dispelling buffs is too swingy of an ability.

If you get bad luck and Luther is alive and not paralyzed, he+Cardes can decide to kill someone. Anyone. And there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Get unlucky enough that you run out of revives, oops sorry game over.

I did nothing different on the run that won other than get luckier.

I do not have Semira, but the addition of her adds a whole new level of crap from the overall game standpoint. Why should one unit reduce luck so drastically?

There are a bunch of units that can inflict paralysis (sefia, falma,nalmika are the ones that pop up in my head). And even then its not needed.

Did fine with the team I posted above with zero revives used. Tridon is literally the gamechanger unit of the game imo. Removes 80% of the luck factor for boss fights.

Xetherion

Got an Anima Stya on my first clear of level 3. Cleared level 4 as well. Debating if i want to keep farming for a Selena, but I'll probably get her from pulling during super honor summons eventually anyway. Already got 2 Eze, 2 Magress, and a Lance that way.

broz0rs

Yeah, Semira is a cheesy unit in that Cardes fight. I had Luther locked down 80% of the time, and Phades was cursed most of the time. I actually thought the fight was easier with Luther and Phades alive because of all the additional BC and HC production. They were a zero threat because of Semira.

There are a bunch of units that can inflict paralysis (sefia, falma,nalmika are the ones that pop up in my head). And even then its not needed.

Did fine with the team I posted above with zero revives used. Tridon is literally the gamechanger unit of the game imo. Removes 80% of the luck factor for boss fights.

I just said it. Cardes is a luck fight.

You got lucky, so you think he's easy.

I didn't get lucky for several attempts, so I think he's a BS fight.

I had a 13K health 2K defense unit with no weakness go down from full health in a single round. The only reason you think he's as easy as you do is you never got unlucky.

Tridon? Luther strips Tridon's shield. Mitigation buff? Luther strips that too.

There is literally nothing you can do but get lucky to survive. All those paralysis buffs you are dismissing have a < 100% chance to apply. Even Semira's, and hers is way higher chance than most.

Now there's a fine line between "Needing to get lucky" and "needing to not be unlucky", so I don't know where the line actually is. Maybe I'm the unluckiest guy ever. But I doubt it since my real life friends needed multiple tries too.

Corgi

Banned
I just said it. Cardes is a luck fight.

You got lucky, so you think he's easy.

I didn't get lucky for several attempts, so I think he's a BS fight.

I had a 13K health 2K defense unit with no weakness go down from full health in a single round. The only reason you think he's as easy as you do is you never got unlucky.

Tridon? Luther strips Tridon's shield. Mitigation buff? Luther strips that too.

There is literally nothing you can do but get lucky to survive. All those paralysis buffs you are dismissing have a < 100% chance to apply. Even Semira's, and hers is way higher chance than most.

Now there's a fine line between "Needing to get lucky" and "needing to not be unlucky", so I don't know where the line actually is. Maybe I'm the unluckiest guy ever. But I doubt it since my real life friends needed multiple tries too.
lol think you were just pretty unlucky.

falma is 80%

semira is 80%

nalmika is 50%

You have to be fairly unlucky not to keep luther paralyzed most of the fight.

Never had luther strip anything on me.

Also global allows you have have 5 revives equipped at once due to crescent dews... so you need to be REAL unlucky if you run out of all of those.

feel like cardes is way less reliant on luck than say maxwell before tridon came out.

Took me about 20 tries to beat him.

TimeKillr

I've been trying to farm freakin' Selena all day in level 3, since it's the most energy efficient one to do so..

She appeared once, didn't drop in 15+ runs :( I have shitty luck with this. I have like 8 Stya though... none of them are Anima!

Kreed

lol think you were just pretty unlucky.

falma is 80%

semira is 80%

nalmika is 50%

You have to be fairly unlucky not to keep luther paralyzed most of the fight.

Never had luther strip anything on me.

Also global allows you have have 5 revives equipped at once due to crescent dews... so you need to be REAL unlucky if you run out of all of those.

feel like cardes is way less reliant on luck than say maxwell before tridon came out.

Took me about 20 tries to beat him.

I have to agree with Birgitte2004. Anything lower than Semira's 80% in the Cardes fight becomes a game of luck with hoping Luther and Cardes don't double team a single unit. Until I realized Luther's regular BB had 80% paralysis, I was struggling with Sefia/Nalmika/Rina on two Lily Matah + Tridon squads because their paralysis percentage is not high enough to be consistent, particularly their regular BB, which is the only thing guaranteed to be active every turn Enemy Luther is on the field.

Corgi

Banned
I have to agree with Birgitte2004. Anything lower than Semira's 80% in the Cardes fight becomes a game of luck with hoping Luther and Cardes don't double team a single unit. Until I realized Luther's regular BB had 80% paralysis, I was struggling with Sefia/Nalmika/Rina on two Lily Matah + Tridon squads because their paralysis percentage is not high enough to be consistent, particularly their regular BB, which is the only thing guaranteed to be active every turn Enemy Luther is on the field.

well the game pretty much is a game of luck if you think about it! Although i wouldn't know because I have like 5 semiras. Keeps on showing up from RS :/

Also something you can do with dual cardes and the trials of the god sphere :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j9GPUJrO8o

How difficult is the Flower of Frost level 4? Could I do it with say a team of maxed four stars?

edit: Thunder idol why hath thou forsaken me ;_;

Corgi

Banned
She's not bad compared to him actually. Her SBB has a hidden self BC drop rate buff of 60% so combined with her aoe BC drop buff and the base BC drop rate she always drops 1bc/hit.

still not that great compare to premium units.

Lario is meta game material though, greatly helping spark units and is a large score booster for FH.

40 hit SBB is god tier.

Corgi

Banned
twitch stream from community guy happened.

Today's Topics:
Giveaways
Live Raids Testing! (didn't work lol)
Valentines Day Dungeon (Valentines Units)
Re-balancing of Soul Bound Saga Units
Vortex Arena: "MAYYYYYYYYBE" Water
Maiden 6* coming
Miku and Luka 6*
Q&A:
Multi item sell and level cap coming
Trial EX: Xenon & Estia for first round ~Feb release

rip tridon :(

Corgi

Banned
Maidens finally getting their 6 star forms.
My Hadaron might be viable now lol.
Gotta decide on my final water unit for water vortex.

shame that its highly unlikely we get 7* soon. Selena would dominate :p
i have zero clue how my water arena squad would look like tbf...

got tons of great water units... that have crappy BBs :(

gonna be...

raydn
arius
belfura
phee

and... jack lol.

gonna be less successful than my zelnite army in earth arena for sure lol

broz0rs

Water Arena will probably be more interesting than the others because water units are imo the worst for Arena. IIRC there's no units with multi-target BB that's 20 BC or less like the other elements. I think the only unit that have strong qualities for Arena might just be Eve.

desverger

How difficult is the Flower of Frost level 4? Could I do it with say a team of maxed four stars?

edit: Thunder idol why hath thou forsaken me ;_;

Could be a little tough I suppose. If you want the unit badly, level 3 wasn't too bad and I assume the cap rates are still allright. Mono thunder squad with Orna would help immensely, since there will be some earth units thrown into the mix as well.

shame that its highly unlikely we get 7* soon. Selena would dominate :p
i have zero clue how my water arena squad would look like tbf...

got tons of great water units... that have crappy BBs :(

Tell me about it.. My water squad would be, uh

Selena lead (lol)
Mariudeth
Raydn
Tridon
Lucina

My water arena team so far is:

Reeze
Arius
Karl
Raydn
Signas

Might replace Karl for Belfura. I max imped my Karl. His BB still kills 6 stars lol. Yeah, its not anywhere as good as my earth team. I got Selena too, but shes so weak....

Xetherion

Water Arena will probably be more interesting than the others because water units are imo the worst for Arena. IIRC there's no units with multi-target BB that's 20 BC or less like the other elements. I think the only unit that have strong qualities for Arena might just be Eve.

The old Arena Gods like Farlon, Lira, etc. don't really matter anymore with Halloween spheres and Lexida. Well Farlon would still be good in Fire Arena for his LS, but low cost BB's are no longer needed. I actually dislike them because their damage is too low.

Water does actually have some units with good effects for Arena, like Kuhla who has the same bc fill effect as Zelnite on her BB. My water squad is going to be:

Kuhla
Kuhla
Raydn
Raydn
Eve

Water also has Phee for a good Arena Leader if you don't have Halloween/Lexida

desverger

How high do you guys have your item box cap? I still have the basic 100, and questing is a huge chore due to being at 97/100 items most of the time.

I'd get a lot more done on the quest front if I didn't have to manage my item box all the time, and it's something I eventually want to do (free gems).

With that said, what would you suggest?

-Just sell all my items except the basic recovery making items?
-Raise my item box cap with gems?

broz0rs

My item box is 250 and its been great. I still get capped on items and have to "clean up" once a week.

I don't think I can play this game with just 100 item cap, but if I did I'd sell all eyes and bugs because I don't see the use for those ingredients later in the game. It's also easy to get rid of most spheres in your inventory, but I choose to keep all Sacred Jewels, Medulla gems, and Legwands to craft Malice Jewels when raid content gets released.

Xetherion

How high do you guys have your item box cap? I still have the basic 100, and questing is a huge chore due to being at 97/100 items most of the time.

I'd get a lot more done on the quest front if I didn't have to manage my item box all the time, and it's something I eventually want to do (free gems).

I'm at 150, and i'm probably going to increase that soon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Elimo is my only healer, so 4 pulls in hopes of a new healer:

Phee (A)
Great Tree Alneu (G)
2x Prodigy Themis (A, L)

I wanted Tree when he first came out, so I'm happy.

lordcyno

I'm at 275. I usually keep a stack of everything from quests and sell anything that goes over. Usually upgrade space every frontier hunter or whenever we get a new world. I've started getting rid of items like mech swords and sacred jewels as well as regular drops from limited time dungeons like the ice dungeon a couple months ago

Top Bottom