• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

garath

seems about right. don't know why you are considering shida for arena though.

Dunno.. kept hearing that was a good arena unit. Guess I don't really need that much help in the arena. Doing pretty well with my normal team: Ciara, Semira, Elza, Orna, Zelnite

Xetherion

Dunno.. kept hearing that was a good arena unit. Guess I don't really need that much help in the arena. Doing pretty well with my normal team: Ciara, Semira, Elza, Orna, Zelnite

Shida is a good arena unit, he has the best Arena AI type and his BB has a high dmg mod. Put him in the top slot or the slot under Zelnite, and if his SBB charges he gives the rest of the party 10 BC, not to mention all element buffs. You've already got a pretty solid arena team, though you could replace Semira with Shida.

The real reason you should evolve Shida though is for Frontier Hunter, for that all elements buff. Weakness damage points like crazy with him. But yeah Shera>Elza>Shida is a good order of priority.

Corgi

Banned
raid missions are fixed lol. You still have to wait like 10 sec after beating a boss, but then you should see the congratulation.

Xetherion

I ran the level 3 four times with nothing but dragon mimics. I ran a single level 1 and got 3 metal mimics haha.

Metal mimics don't spawn in the level 3. Don't run it if you want metal mimics.

hypersheep, that is somewhat unusual, though that actually happened to me too the first time i went farming for metal mimics. I've done many runs today though and so far only captured 2. Capturing 3 at once like garath did is very rare.

Kreed

Finishing up the remaining Trial of the Gods I didn't beat yet and I see Gumi hasn't fixed the Drop Check bug yet.

Althane

Got the following 5* Team. Think I can farm a miracle totem or two?

Leader: Executioner Shida
God Tree Eltri
Head Chef Lancia
Bolt Goddess Amy
Brave King Hogar

Thinking with a Rin or Ultor friend, I should be able to manage it. Opinions?

garath

Metal mimics don't spawn in the level 3. Don't run it if you want metal mimics.

hypersheep, that is somewhat unusual, though that actually happened to me too the first time i went farming for metal mimics. I've done many runs today though and so far only captured 2. Capturing 3 at once like garath did is very rare.

Oh interesting. From what I read, all 3 offer the same chance for a metal mimic. But truthfully I've only ever seen one on the Level 1 stage so that makes sense.

I was shocked to see 3. Was nice though. Only had to run it once lol.

TimeKillr

Finishing up the remaining Trial of the Gods I didn't beat yet and I see Gumi hasn't fixed the Drop Check bug yet.

They have, actually, by doing the worst thing possible.

Code:
Changes

Normal hit DC changed for some units.
Galant 6* - 10 DC/hit > 3 (20 > 6 max bc gen)
Farlon 6* - 3 DC/hit > 1 (24 > 8 max bc gen)
Stya 6* - 2 DC/hit > 1 (26 > 13 max bc gen)
Lario 6* - 2 DC/hit > 1 (20 > 10 max bc gen)
Douglas (3*/4*/5*/6*) - 1 DC/hit > 2
Dilma (4*/5*) - 5 DC/hit > 10
Dilma 6* - 5 DC/hit > 13 (20 > 52 max bc gen)
Eze (2*/3*/4*/5*) - 4 DC/hit > 1
Eze 6* - 5 DC/hit > 1 (15 > 1 max bc gen)
Minotaur/Cyclops - 2/4 DC/hit > 1/3
Zeln (5*/6*) - 4 DC/hit > 1 (24/28 > 6/7 max bc gen)
Elulu 6* - 4 DC/hit > 1 (16 > 1 max bc gen)
Rowgen 6* - 20 DC/hit > 23
Atro (2*/3*/4*/5*/6*) - 4 DC/hit > 1
Melchio 6* - 3 DC/hit > 1 (39 > 13 max bc gen)
Hogar (4*/5*) - 4 DC/hit > 2
Maxwell - 2 DC/hit > 1 (22 > 11 max bc gen)
Magress (2*/3*/4*/5*/6*) - 4 DC/hit > 1
Cardes - 2 DC/hit > 1 (20 > 10 max bc gen)
Elza 6* - 3 DC/hit > 1 (30 > 10 max bc gen)
Kuda 6* - 2 DC/hit > 1 (30 > 15 max bc gen)
Rin 6* - 2 DC/hit > 1 (24 > 12 max bc gen)
Len 6* - 2 DC/hit > 1 (50 > 25 max bc gen)

See what this is? It's a horrible, *HORRIBLE* hack to fix the drop check bug. Nerf a shitton of units instead of fixing the bug, because the bug is a problem with the client that requires a redeploy. This hits units like Melchio and Elza super hard as they generate 1/3 the BC they normally do with normal attacks now.

Seriously, wtf.

Corgi

Banned
Anyone in RC 3 yet?

Noticed its a lot harder to OTK bosses in RC2. Might need to bring a damage mitigator.

should reach RC3 today. been mostly just using a BB spam squad with rosetta lead autobattling through stuff.

Code:
Changes

See what this is? It's a horrible, *HORRIBLE* hack to fix the drop check bug. Nerf a shitton of units instead of fixing the bug, because the bug is a problem with the client that requires a redeploy. This hits units like Melchio and Elza super hard as they generate 1/3 the BC they normally do with normal attacks now.

Seriously, wtf.

yeah its silly. they should have just kept the broken rates until the next client update... oh well.

really only affects me is I had to rearrange my Arena team a bit.

Kreed

Code:
Changes

Seriously, wtf.

This isn't even a fix since it only affects Normal attacks, and doesn't even address broken units like Haradon. I don't get how Gumi messes up this bad when all they should be doing is porting over code.

Like Corgi said though, the only annoyance is they've messed up two of my Arena team units (Maxwell and Kuda) so I have to change my team for the time being.

TimeKillr

This isn't even a fix since it only affects Normal attacks, and doesn't even address broken units like Haradon. I don't get how Gumi messes up this bad when all they should be doing is porting over code.

Like Corgi said though, the only annoyance is they've messed up two of my Arena team units (Maxwell and Kuda) so I have to change my team for the time being.

Well, it is a fix for the BB/SBB drop check bug - it puts all those people's BB/SBB drop checks back to where they're supposed to be.

Hadaron isn't fixed, though, but I don't know what they'd do to fix him. Seriously, he's either OP or shitty. There's nothing around it, really.

broz0rs

According to reddit, somebody at gumi realized it was a stupid update so they patched it back to what it was before the nerf.

The buff on Dilma would have been insane.

garath

Took a stab at the trial of the gods for the heck of it. Haven't really read up on it or anything. Guess I should have.

1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage. Ugh. I did that for like 10 rounds before giving up. Guess I need water units and/or someone that ignores defense.

Corgi

Banned
Took a stab at the trial of the gods for the heck of it. Haven't really read up on it or anything. Guess I should have.

1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage. Ugh. I did that for like 10 rounds before giving up. Guess I need water units and/or someone that ignores defense.

pretty much that. Trials of the gods are pretty much puzzles. probably the most fun content in the game lol.

if you need a dilma lead ill put my up :3

Dilma really shines here since you have lightning bosses. Zephyr and Ciara works too. Raydn is kinda suicidal lol.

I got a Dilma or Ciara lead if you need it.

desverger

You have Ciara, right? Her SBB has a defense ignore, which is extremely useful in said trials.

Speaking of which, I got off my ass and finished trials 1-3 just now. Going good.

Team I'm using myself:
Rosetta lead - LS and 35 hit BB
Elza - Spark buff and 40 hit SBB
Ulkina - Sphere frogged her and slapped a Refined Gem on her, so she doesn't get hit by ailments and can clear them.
Ciara - Def ignore, ATK buff
Shera - Mitigator

Haven't bothered with elemental weaknesses myself, and I'm just relying on spark damage. Seems to work well enough. Ulkina and Shera as 5* are still both super useful due to their BBs.

broz0rs

I think I spent 4 gems to clear Trial of the Gods the last time it was up? Totally worth it just to get Ihsir's guise sphere. The only 2ndary sphere that has stat boosts. You'll be equipping it on your most important unit.

garath

pretty much that. Trials of the gods are pretty much puzzles. probably the most fun content in the game lol.

if you need a dilma lead ill put my up :3

Dilma really shines here since you have lightning bosses. Zephyr and Ciara works too. Raydn is kinda suicidal lol.

I got a Dilma or Ciara lead if you need it.

You have Ciara, right? Her SBB has a defense ignore, which is extremely useful in said trials.

Speaking of which, I got off my ass and finished trials 1-3 just now. Going good.

Team I'm using myself:
Rosetta lead - LS and 35 hit BB
Elza - Spark buff and 40 hit SBB
Ulkina - Sphere frogged her and slapped a Refined Gem on her, so she doesn't get hit by ailments and can clear them.
Ciara - Def ignore, ATK buff
Shera - Mitigator

Haven't bothered with elemental weaknesses myself, and I'm just relying on spark damage. Seems to work well enough. Ulkina and Shera as 5* are still both super useful due to their BBs.

Ha. Thanks guys. Good stuff. I mostly did it on a whim but I may buckle down and try it. I have a Ciara but she's only 5*. I only have the cost for 3 6* units which right now are Elza, Zelnite and Orna.

My Shera is 6* but level 11 lol. Was waiting for super honor summon to finish leveling him.

I can raise Ciara by Friday I suppose and swap out Zelnite for her and maybe replace Ciara with Shida in my normal questing party.

Just swapped Ciara as my lead if you feel like taking a stab at the trials later today.

I just used your Ciara to complete Trial 1! Thanks. But oh man, that trial made me realize how badly I need to raise Ulkina. I nearly lost on stage 1 to Zegar and his mass paralyze. It was a very excruciating experience

Corgi

Banned
Summon rate up for hadaron, tridon and ultor today. Worth taking a pull or hold off.

honestly. best wait for 7* units. Those rates are gonna be horrid (rainbow doors only).

if you need tridon for a boss just ask here. plenty of people here has him :3

Kreed

Don't know if you guy saw this already:

https://www.techinasia.com/gumi-surprise-profit-loss/

Gumi reveals its expected $10.6M profit will be a $5M loss

The company attributed the loss to three main reasons. First, lower than expected revenue coming in from the overseas version of its hit game Brave Frontier. Further, Gumi noted that it had not been able to orchestrate the international publishing of its games on the schedule it had initially proposed.

Finally, aside from Brave Frontier, the firm’s other titles overseas did not grow as strongly asanticipated.

garath

Super Honor Summon is back. Get to it!

nice!! Man I need to level some people. This will help a lot.

edit: Whoa. A sphere frog from the honor summon. Holy crap.

Glad I have a boatload of honor points. Going to max everyone and everything I can.

edit2: Used about 70 summons.. still have 35 or so left. Getting my party there

Shera 6* max level
Eve 5* max level
Shida 5* max level
Zelnite 6* max level with sbb
Orna 6* max level with sbb
Elza 6* max level 3/10 bb
Ciara 5* max level

So need more sbb - Elza, Shera. Need evolve material for Ciara and Nalmika (she looks good for this trial of gods). Probably want to evolve Shida at some point. I need to keep SOME 5*s else I won't have much of a party. Can only have 3 6* in a party right now. Level 97 so close to getting that 4th I think.

might try the trial of gods today again. Ciara friend with a party of Shera, Shida, Orna, Elza, Eve? (5th slot up in the air.. needs to be another 5*). Wish I had a healer.

Got some six stars to level 100, including Rosetta and Arius. Also got Ulkina to level 80, but it's a shame the Totem dungeon ended yesterday. I already used all my stored up fusion materials to evolve Rosetta and Arius ;_;.

Also cleared the level 3 Underworld Umbrage. It was pretty easy with a friend Tridon and a lot of healing.

My current team is:
Orna
Luther
Arius
Alyut
Ulkina

I'm thinking of eventually switching Alyut with Shera and Luther with Rosetta.

Xetherion

should reach RC3 today. been mostly just using a BB spam squad with rosetta lead autobattling through stuff.

I just recently got my Rosetta to sbb10 and leveled her up to 83, should hit 100 soon. What other units did you have on your team that you used to auto battle RC2?

Corgi

Banned
I just recently got my Rosetta to sbb10 and leveled her up to 83, should hit 100 soon. What other units did you have on your team that you used to auto battle RC2?

raid team is pretty much

rosetta
shera
ardin or fiora or depending on boss weaknesses of the quest (still can't pull a Earth/water buffer :S)
Lario for the high SBB hits and BC drop boost
Ulkina for status protection and heal if needed
zelnite friend for HC and BC boost and the burst BC fill when needed.

garath

running out of time to try it.

How does this team sound for first trial of the gods?

(all max level)
Orna 6* 7/10 SBB (Leader)
Eve 5* (her water attack should help for the first guy no?)
Shida 5*
Shera 6* no SBB
Zelnite 6* 1/10 SBB

I'd like to replace Zelnite with Ciara but she's still 5* as she's in my regular party. I CAN evolve her (finally got the stupid 2 red bulbs.. took all day) and get her to 100 pretty quickly with the honor summons but won't have her SBB :(

The only other char I'd want is maybe Nalmika but she's 4* and I don't have the pots to evolve her and by Tuesday the trial is over.

Corgi

Banned
running out of time to try it.

How does this team sound for first trial of the gods?

(all max level)
Orna 6* 7/10 SBB (Leader)
Eve 5* (her water attack should help for the first guy no?)
Shida 5*
Shera 6* no SBB
Zelnite 6* 1/10 SBB

I'd like to replace Zelnite with Ciara but she's still 5* as she's in my regular party. I CAN evolve her (finally got the stupid 2 red bulbs.. took all day) and get her to 100 pretty quickly with the honor summons but won't have her SBB :(

The only other char I'd want is maybe Nalmika but she's 4* and I don't have the pots to evolve her and by Tuesday the trial is over.

just follow the reddit guide for each trial and bring what is needed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2y04wi/trial_of_the_gods_has_returned/

Pulled an anima Atro finally. Magress still eludes me. Got another sphere frog too. Evolved Lario from 4 star to 6 with sbb, just not max sbb. I still need a 4th Lario lol.
Max a couple of other units, got Zergel to 6 star, then I realize I forgot to run a few more totems, so a few of them sitting at 4 and 5 stars.

Primus

New GAFfer, just got approved yesterday.

What's the current sort of situation for adding folks? I took a look at the Google Sheet in the OP, and there seems to be a number of people who may not be playing anymore, at least from who appears active in the thread in recent weeks. I don't want to just dump invites on people who aren't playing. I have added myself to the list at the very end.

I'm currently level 83, with a bunch of units but here's my biggest:

6* Zelnite (Breaker, max level w/lvl10 SBB, max HP imp'd, Omni Gizmo and Medulla Gem)
6* Lily Matah (Lord, max level w/lvl 6 SBB, max DEF imp'd, Star Blade and Medulla Gem)
6* Sefia (Guardian, max level w/lvl 10 SBB, Auspicious Lion Charm)
6* Rowgen (Anima, level 96 w/lvl 4 SBB, Muramasa and Steeple Rose)

I've got some other 6*s in various stages of boosting, and a bunch of 4* and 5* I'm trying to work up the ladder like Darvenshel, Ulkina, Kuhla, and Melchio. Still got a lot of work to go there.

Xetherion

raid team is pretty much

rosetta
shera
ardin or fiora or depending on boss weaknesses of the quest (still can't pull a Earth/water buffer :S)
Lario for the high SBB hits and BC drop boost
Ulkina for status protection and heal if needed
zelnite friend for HC and BC boost and the burst BC fill when needed.

Thanks for the info.

garath

just follow the reddit guide for each trial and bring what is needed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2y04wi/trial_of_the_gods_has_returned/

Yeah. I've looked at that. My biggest drawback is the lack of a status cleanser and haven't been able to reliably pull a friend from my list lol.

Just gave it another shot and cleared the first battle with little issue but the moody guy wrecked me. Big AOE plus status killers.

Maybe I should try my new Gemini II & Mina unit as leader to nullify all status ailments. Might allow me to keep the BB up on Shera with no curse and try to time his BB to protect against the stupid 9k AOE.

Yeah. I've looked at that. My biggest drawback is the lack of a status cleanser and haven't been able to reliably pull a friend from my list lol.

Just gave it another shot and cleared the first battle with little issue but the moody guy wrecked me. Big AOE plus status killers.

Maybe I should try my new Gemini II & Mina unit as leader to nullify all status ailments. Might allow me to keep the BB up on Shera with no curse and try to time his BB to protect against the stupid 9k AOE.

Defense ignore really helps against the moody slime. I used desverger's Ciara to get past it.

Corgi

Banned

which is why people say bring a def ignore unit, or get a friend :p

wiki says the unit has Unit has 850hp, so if you can bypass def its easy peesy.

garath

How do you guys cycle the available friends? Is quitting out or doing another mission the only way to cycle it?

I just used kettle's ciara whoops. So I'll have to wait a bit but I'll try again with her. I feel pretty good about the rest of my team for the fight.

How do you guys cycle the available friends? Is quitting out or doing another mission the only way to cycle it?

I just used kettle's ciara whoops. So I'll have to wait a bit but I'll try again with her. I feel pretty good about the rest of my team for the fight.

Yeah I just cycle some cheap mission to refresh the list.

desverger

Quitting and restarting works, but I believe there is a 4-5 hour cooldown when you can use the same friend again, sadly.

garath

Quitting and restarting works, but I believe there is a 4-5 hour cooldown when you can use the same friend again, sadly.

I was excited. I found another friend on my list with a Zephyr who's regular BB ignores defense. Loaded up the trial and then realized I forgot to swap my squad so I had no Shera and a useless Ciara and Semira. :(

I even made it to moody barely but couldn't generate enough BB quickly enough due to deaths. Whee.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow hopefully finding your Ciara in the list again.

Top Bottom