• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

chrono01

I can't even log into the game, I'm stuck at "Checking Files..." and have been for a while now. :/

I'm on iOS, and have the update downloaded/installed. Apparently a lot of people on Facebook are experiencing the same issue.

desverger

Looks like subsequent tries worked and I managed to get back on.

Super Metal parade seems kinda worth it. Good chance for crystals at least, plus it's 3 times less tedious than the other metal stages :p

Full Maxwell team rofl. Dupe GCC spheres. Yeah, not broken at all haha. Gumi does the roll backs. Too bad none of my trials were resetted.

Just noticed my rank bumped up from 3022 to 2983 from FH. Thank you hackers, I'm getting more sphere frogs after all. My Lario, Elza and maybe Nemia might need it.

garath

Can I use these imps on a non-6* unit? Or will the stats be lost when I evolve them?

Also are these new units from summon worth anything? I have enough gems for a single pull and two summon tickets. Could take a swing at it.

Kreed

Lmao. Bug gives you trial units if you redo trials.

Full maxwell team!

Expect rollback.

It's ridiculous how little Gumi tests anything. It's a good thing they are doing beta Raids right now so people actually playing the game can find all the flaws for them.

desverger

Can I use these imps on a non-6* unit? Or will the stats be lost when I evolve them?

Also are these new units from summon worth anything? I have enough gems for a single pull and two summon tickets. Could take a swing at it.

Don't really have an idea about the new units, but my initial gut feeling is pointing towards "meh", they seem like support units which you don't really need too many in the current meta. There are many other units which provide status immunities as well.

As for the imps, their stat boosts stay on the units after evolving. I've tested this out personally.

Oh wait, rollback incoming? :(

I was about to evolve Zelnite, too.

Don't do it! I'm not gonna do anything before they announce if they're gonna rollback or not.

Tried rolling for the new units, got a Lily Matah and Elza. While that's not bad, I would still have preferred the healer. Tiara's heal over time really isn't that great.

Corgi

Banned
raid close beta invites are beginning to roll out soon. check your inboxes!

yeah these units aren't great. have 2 SBB10 ulkinas so rigness isn't needed. other is just a pure healer, and the other guy has a crappy def buff that is overshadowed by 7* starters even.

garath

Don't really have an idea about the new units, but my initial gut feeling is pointing towards "meh", they seem like support units which you don't really need too many in the current meta. There are many other units which provide status immunities as well.

As for the imps, their stat boosts stay on the units after evolving. I've tested this out personally.

Don't do it! I'm not gonna do anything before they announce if they're gonna rollback or not.

Thanks :) Gonna skip this summon and empty out some of these damn imps clogging my inventory. But not until It looks like they aren't going to rollback. Ugh. I just got another Miracle totem too. Hope they don't roll back :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Awesome.

Decided to evo Matah over Zelnite for now. I only had one Dragon Mimic, so...Woops. The fact that we had maintenance all day yesterday sort of fucked me in that regards. But now I'll just farm Super Metals and get a bunch of my random dudes maxed and ready to evo!

E: So I need to decide which Water units to level first. Here's my current roster:

Selena
Zephu
Mega
Stya
Elimo
Elize
Reeze
Signas
Raydn
Lucina
Phee
Kuhla
Eve
Jack Frost

Tridon is already maxed.

garath

Doh. I didn't realize the super metal parade was a different selectable. I used 3 keys and immediately just did a normal thunder parade for 15 energy. Now I'm doing super metal parade for 40 energy but I'm not going to have enough left for another super metal parade :/

whoops. Kind of a waste of 3 keys. Especially since I didn't see a single crystal :(

Xetherion

Awesome.

Decided to evo Matah over Zelnite for now. I only had one Dragon Mimic, so...Woops. The fact that we had maintenance all day yesterday sort of fucked me in that regards. But now I'll just farm Super Metals and get a bunch of my random dudes maxed and ready to evo!

E: So I need to decide which Water units to level first. Here's my current roster:

Selena
Zephu
Mega
Stya
Elimo
Elize
Reeze
Signas
Raydn
Lucina
Phee
Kuhla
Eve
Jack Frost

Tridon is already maxed.

Eve and Kuhla should be your top 2 priorities. Raydn too if you don't have a better Spark buffer.

desverger

Doh. I didn't realize the super metal parade was a different selectable. I used 3 keys and immediately just did a normal thunder parade for 15 energy. Now I'm doing super metal parade for 40 energy but I'm not going to have enough left for another super metal parade :/

whoops. Kind of a waste of 3 keys. Especially since I didn't see a single crystal :(

Protip: If you leave your client to the level selection screen (ie. the one that has all the metal dungeons after you've clicked the banner in the vortex gate screen), it stays open even if the dungeon itself closes for whatever reason (time running out for example). You can just wait for energy regen in this screen, provided you don't force close the client.

With this, you can usually squeeze one more dungeon after you're out of energy.

garath

Protip: If you leave your client to the level selection screen (ie. the one that has all the metal dungeons after you've clicked the banner in the vortex gate screen), it stays open even if the dungeon itself closes for whatever reason (time running out for example). You can just wait for energy regen in this screen, provided you don't force close the client.

With this, you can usually squeeze one more dungeon after you're out of energy.

Ooh. Good call.

garath

Game keeps crashing for me, anyone else having this problem?

It's happening to me now too. I just did a thunder totem dungeon and upon completion it crashed with "unexpected error ocured" and now it does that every time I try to get into the game.

uh oh.

Althane

It's happening to me now too. I just did a thunder totem dungeon and upon completion it crashed with "unexpected error ocured" and now it does that every time I try to get into the game.

uh oh.

Well, I at least got my Lancia 5*'d and leveled up out of today, so that's good.

Should I evolve my Eze, or evolve my Bolt Knight Amy? Got 1 totem, so having to make decisions.

Can't evolve Shida, can't really run the Miracle dungeon securely, and haven't had any luck with a dark totem dropping. :(

Xetherion

uh oh.

That happened to me earlier, but I was able to get in after the 2nd try. It had to download something before I could log in again. Ninja update probably. The weird thing was when I got back in, it took me back to the last battle of the SMP that I had already finished before the error occurred. Never seen that happen before.

Corgi

Banned
thats how the game handles unexpected errors. you restart the last battle because thats the last time the game synced with the servers.

happens when game crashes too.

In the past this was exploitable because you could force quit Arena battles when it seems like you are losing and not take a lost :p

now I think they do the calculations and results before you see the battle.

garath

I see a lot of you with Maxwell. I was curious how to get him. Some google searching has led me to seeing that it is a huge challenge and is going to require a very specific team. I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to do it with the units I have now and will need to keep an eye out for key summons huh?

Lily Matah seems key (wasn't she just in the last rate up? doh)
Lilith
Darvenshal
Melchio (I actually have him)
Grah

Just some names I see tossed around with a strat on beating him.

My units so far:

Orna, Eve, Zelnite, Ciara, Semira, Shera, Elza, Tiara, Kuhla, Zelban, Nalmika, Emilia, Melchio, Themis, Yujeh, Shida

Corgi

Banned
I see a lot of you with Maxwell. I was curious how to get him. Some google searching has led me to seeing that it is a huge challenge and is going to require a very specific team. I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to do it with the units I have now and will need to keep an eye out for key summons huh?

Lily Matah seems key (wasn't she just in the last rate up? doh)
Lilith
Darvenshal
Melchio (I actually have him)
Grah

Just some names I see tossed around with a strat on beating him.

My units so far:

Orna, Eve, Zelnite, Ciara, Semira, Shera, Elza, Tiara, Kuhla, Zelban, Nalmika, Emilia, Melchio, Themis, Yujeh, Shida

Actually it should be doable with your setup. You have freaking shera who in 90% of the cases is better than darvanshel :p

orna lead + zelnite + yujeh (for light dark buff and heal) + shera + melchio for status elements.... then find a tridon friend.

The fight is more about counting turns properly. This worked fantastic for me.

http://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/maxwellcounter.html

garath

Actually it should be doable with your setup. You have freaking shera who in 90% of the cases is better than darvanshel :p

orna lead + zelnite + yujeh (for light dark buff and heal) + shera + melchio for status elements.... then find a tridon friend.

The fight is more about counting turns properly. This worked fantastic for me.

http://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/maxwellcounter.html

Wow. Very cool. This gives me something to shoot for. My game knowledge isn't there yet to tackle this, plus I need more cost to put together these teams but it's nice to know I can at least attempt it with what I have :)

Corgi

Banned
Wow. Very cool. This gives me something to shoot for. My game knowledge isn't there yet to tackle this, plus I need more cost to put together these teams but it's nice to know I can at least attempt it with what I have :)

its definitely one of the more fun boss fights ive done in a turn based games in ages. You probably should attempt it when you can host a full party of 6* which is around lvl 100 or so.

As long as you don't need all of them together for daily purposes cost on a trial is a non-issue if you are one-teaming the trial, because the total cost you can use for a trial is double your normal cost. Once your normal cost cap is 70 or so you have all you could ever want for Trials, again as long as you are one-teaming them.

Althane

Is there a specifically good time to make rolls, or should I go whenever I have 5 stones, given that I don't have many great units.

(Meanwhile, my GF has the W/D/T Five Lights mobs. Lucky.)

garath

As long as you don't need all of them together for daily purposes cost on a trial is a non-issue if you are one-teaming the trial, because the total cost you can use for a trial is double your normal cost. Once your normal cost cap is 70 or so you have all you could ever want for Trials, again as long as you are one-teaming them.

Ah, that's good. I'm level 77 or something so I'll be able to afford it then. Just about getting them all to 6* now which will still take a little bit.

you should always be 1 teaming if you are a man.

I'm a man. One team it is :p

you should always be 1 teaming if you are a man.
You mean one unit and two dead units right. Right??? LOL.

Did 2 pulls:

Grybe (A)
Tia (B)

Oh well. At least Grybe is a better type than what I have eventhough my lord is maxed with sbb 10. Will raise him slowly. This is my 3rd Tia. Yeah =/

broz0rs

Is there a specifically good time to make rolls, or should I go whenever I have 5 stones, given that I don't have many great units.

(Meanwhile, my GF has the W/D/T Five Lights mobs. Lucky.)

if you're starting out, I'd wait for Player's Choice because you'll have a great chance at rolling for usually six useful units.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally bested Karl! Fight was long. And the optimization issues are very apparent on the Android side...By the end of that fight, using a BB/SBB took 3+ seconds from the swipe motion until the activation. Items were taking 1-1.5 seconds to register.

Time to farm BB/SBB fodder. Is there a good list of what and where to farm for various units?

Corgi

Banned
Finally bested Karl! Fight was long. And the optimization issues are very apparent on the Android side...By the end of that fight, using a BB/SBB took 3+ seconds from the swipe motion until the activation. Items were taking 1-1.5 seconds to register.

Time to farm BB/SBB fodder. Is there a good list of what and where to farm for various units?
Code:
[CODE]Locations for Attack feeders :
Mistral -- Adventurer's Prairie -- Start of Adventure (Burny and Friends)
Mistral -- Cave of Flames -- Wielder of Fire (All units except for the Fire Nymph)
Morgan -- Kagan Desert -- Burning Desert / Bandit of the Desert (All units except for Fire Spirit)
Locations for Healing feeders :
Morgan -- Nocturnal Forest -- Thief of the Forest (Fairies and Claris)
Morgan -- Nocturnal Forest -- Earth Shattering Spear (If you need Guardian Eyes) (Fairies and Claris)
Locations for Support feeders :
Mistral -- Forest of the Beast -- Puppeteers of the Forest (Mandragoras)
Mistral -- Magutagal Wetlands -- Commander of Thunder (Harpy)
Morgan -- Nocturnal Forest -- Thief of the Forst (Mandragoras)
St. Lamia -- Mt. Wistorea -- Tarnished Peaks (Aero/Harpy and Sylphs)
[/CODE]

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks Corgi - I'll start working on that. I also should start making spheres for my units that aren't terrible 10% ATK or whatever, ha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait what?

RPelXDR.jpg

Corgi

Banned
Wait what?

weird never seen that message before. And who cares its a fire eye :p

So people that were lucky enough to go NYCC or snag a code somehow. Luka 6* info is out (she should be in rare summon in an hr)

Lord: HP 6355 (750) ATK 1885 (260) DEF 1640 (240) REC 2100 (400)
LS: Boosts HC drop rate, hugely boosts Rec rate & negates all status ailments (30% HC drop rate, 60% HC effectiveness)
Hit count: 14 (drop check count 2/hit)
BB (Cost: 20): 23 combo Dark elemental attack on all enemies (200% + 100 flat) & gradually recovers HP for 3 turns (1200-1500 + 10% target rec) (23 bc gen)
SBB (Cost: 20): 27 combo Dark elemental attack on all enemies (400% + 100 flat), gradually recovers HP (1800-2100 + 15% target rec) & increases BB gauge when damage is taken for 3 turns (4-6 bc) (27 bc gen)

A good substitute for lily matah as a party filler for BC gen. Not sure if she's worth pulling for though.

Top Bottom