• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

desverger

I guess I'll try again tomorrow hopefully finding your Ciara in the list again.

Yeah I'll keep her up as a lead when I'm not doing the trials myself. Haven't really had time to try them today, so good thing there are still days left. Not really looking forward to Trial 4, it looks to be a rather tough one :p

I was excited. I found another friend on my list with a Zephyr who's regular BB ignores defense. Loaded up the trial and then realized I forgot to swap my squad so I had no Shera and a useless Ciara and Semira. :(

I even made it to moody barely but couldn't generate enough BB quickly enough due to deaths. Whee.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow hopefully finding your Ciara in the list again.

Yeah I'll keep her up as a lead when I'm not doing the trials myself. Haven't really had time to try them today, so good thing there are still days left. Not really looking forward to Trial 4, it looks to be a rather tough one :p
Set my Dilma as lead since I'm still farming for another Lario. If you guys need a Ciara, I can set her too.

Oh ToTG:03 has a 1% chance to drop a Magress. Not sure if I want to burn all my energy on that.

Set my Dilma as lead since I'm still farming for another Lario. If you guys need a Ciara, I can set her too.

Oh ToTG:03 has a 1% chance to drop a Magress. Not sure if I want to burn all my energy on that.

I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to just honor summon at this point. I actually have two Magresses from Honor Summon, both Oracle.

garath

Your dilma rocked. Gave me the edge to get through trial 1 :)

One shot moody this time lol

lordcyno

New GAFfer, just got approved yesterday.

What's the current sort of situation for adding folks? I took a look at the Google Sheet in the OP, and there seems to be a number of people who may not be playing anymore, at least from who appears active in the thread in recent weeks. I don't want to just dump invites on people who aren't playing. I have added myself to the list at the very end.

I'm currently level 83, with a bunch of units but here's my biggest:

6* Zelnite (Breaker, max level w/lvl10 SBB, max HP imp'd, Omni Gizmo and Medulla Gem)
6* Lily Matah (Lord, max level w/lvl 6 SBB, max DEF imp'd, Star Blade and Medulla Gem)
6* Sefia (Guardian, max level w/lvl 10 SBB, Auspicious Lion Charm)
6* Rowgen (Anima, level 96 w/lvl 4 SBB, Muramasa and Steeple Rose)

I've got some other 6*s in various stages of boosting, and a bunch of 4* and 5* I'm trying to work up the ladder like Darvenshel, Ulkina, Kuhla, and Melchio. Still got a lot of work to go there.

Probably best to just leave your id here with your user name

Your dilma rocked. Gave me the edge to get through trial 1 :)

One shot moody this time lol
Np. He carried me through the ToTG when it first launched.

The next trial is harder with damage reflection from Weiss. Juggernaut is a war of attrition if your team doesn't do enough damage to kill him before turn 10.

Xetherion

Np. He carried me through the ToTG when it first launched.

The next trial is harder with damage reflection from Weiss. Juggernaut is a war of attrition if your team doesn't do enough damage to kill him before turn 10.

Having someone that can Curse Juggernaut is vital if you don't have enough damage to kill him before turn 10. Elza friends should be easy to come by. Or I could put up my Semira if you need her.

lordcyno

Finished running raid solo using Dual Maxwell + Mitigator (Maxwell, Kuda, Elza, Zelnite, Shera and Shiki's Maxwell) with the exception of mission 4 of RC3 which has a bunch of single target worms where I used a Rosetta friend instead of Maxwell friend.

Started bringing a mitigator in RC2 and swapped my Amanobokens to Legwand gems in RC3. Holy water and stimulants were useful since there was a lot of curse/paralysis. I found using the raid guide from appinvasion to be the most useful since it listed most of the boss locations for RC3. Didn't really have any problems with time with the exception of a couple missions in RC3 where I had trouble finding the bosses after they ran away.

Did get sent back to camp a few times when I got killed through mitigation. Most memorable were Van Lucy managing to paralyze my entire team in a single turn, Nalda Delia killing Shera and all my bb gauges which led to a wipe when using its special attack and Mistzug dispelling all my buffs and obliterating everyone except 1 member when using its special attack as well.

If anyone wants to run anything, my room will be open probably farming for malice jewel materials.

Finished running raid solo using Dual Maxwell + Mitigator (Maxwell, Kuda, Elza, Zelnite, Shera and Shiki's Maxwell) with the exception of mission 4 of RC3 which has a bunch of single target worms where I used a Rosetta friend instead of Maxwell friend.

Started bringing a mitigator in RC2 and swapped my Amanobokens to Legwand gems in RC3. Holy water and stimulants were useful since there was a lot of curse/paralysis. I found using the raid guide from appinvasion to be the most useful since it listed most of the boss locations for RC3. Didn't really have any problems with time with the exception of a couple missions in RC3 where I had trouble finding the bosses after they ran away.

Did get sent back to camp a few times when I got killed through mitigation. Most memorable were Van Lucy managing to paralyze my entire team in a single turn, Nalda Delia killing Shera and all my bb gauges which led to a wipe when using its special attack and Mistzug dispelling all my buffs and obliterating everyone except 1 member when using its special attack as well.

If anyone wants to run anything, my room will be open probably farming for malice jewel materials.
Just got to RC3 myself.
Tried different units and couldn't OTK in RC2 anymore. Brought a mitigator in RC2. Switched all my sphere from amano to legwands then and ran with it. My team setup is almost identical to yours except I have Ulkina instead of Zelnite and Darvanshel for Shera.

Farming mats for Malice Jewel too. It takes up so many materials. Had to upgrade my item inventory half a dozen times already.

Gonna run Claudaus in a little bit with Dual Maxwell. Just a little worried I might run out of time. I was watching Ushi's video and he had 3 other people and they barely manage to kill him with 2 minutes to spare.

Oh my god Brave Burst grinding is such a pain. There needs to be a burst frog dungeon or something to deliver me from this suffering.

Beat Claudaus with 25 seconds to spare, on the world map, it said "Quest Failed" lol. Then the result screen pops up with money giving me credit, but no items. LOL! That's a bug.
Didn't know where the boss was and I had trouble with bc gen, so I put in Zelnite. The boss profiles didn't say he paralyzes. :(

At least I killed him, now to bring some stimulant and maybe holy water.

garath

Welp. No luck on trial 2. I even leveled and evolved a themis for a healer and recycled until I had kettle's ciara. Got wiped on the first guy lol. Damn reflect damage.

lordcyno

Welp. No luck on trial 2. I even leveled and evolved a themis for a healer and recycled until I had kettle's ciara. Got wiped on the first guy lol. Damn reflect damage.

I'm pretty sure the damage reflect doesn't kill so you can always wait to use your healer until after all your guys attack and the damage is reflected. If you need a certain leader I can put it up if I have it.

Primus, 2359068299.

I'm on Hawaii time (GMT-10), and tend to play in the early morning my time.

Sent you a friend request

Oh my god Brave Burst grinding is such a pain. There needs to be a burst frog dungeon or something to deliver me from this suffering.

Now's a good time to be farming brave burst with the 80 honor per friend although it's tedious but that's what auto-battle is for. Combined with super honor summon, you'll get a lot of fodder if you just run the 3 stamina dungeons and then can get some extra frogs when you honor summon. I usually turn off the auto brave burst when running those stages otherwise you'll be selling items alot. Usually you'll be swimming in burst frogs whenever frontier hunter is out.

Just got to RC3 myself.
Tried different units and couldn't OTK in RC2 anymore. Brought a mitigator in RC2. Switched all my sphere from amano to legwands then and ran with it. My team setup is almost identical to yours except I have Ulkina instead of Zelnite and Darvanshel for Shera.

Farming mats for Malice Jewel too. It takes up so many materials. Had to upgrade my item inventory half a dozen times already.

Gonna run Claudaus in a little bit with Dual Maxwell. Just a little worried I might run out of time. I was watching Ushi's video and he had 3 other people and they barely manage to kill him with 2 minutes to spare.

I bumped my item space alot too and currently farming a bunch of grief eyes. Using the slot machine gave me a bunch of intermediate items like divine sword which cut down some of the farming but still nowhere close to making a malice.

I've been joining rooms farming Mistzug and it's been pretty quick, around 7-8 minutes a run when in a full room compared to 15-25 minutes when running solo.

I didn't even attempt Trial 2. I just don't have all the units I need for it. Unfortunately friends only cover a single aspect (like Def ignore or status inflicting). Once I raise up my Elza and Melchio, I'll probably be ready for the next time Trial of the Gods pops up.

Also, who do you guys think would be a better leader for questing, Rosetta or Orna? I know for Arena that Orna is better because sparking is so rare, but I'm less sure about questing.

garath

I didn't even attempt Trial 2. I just don't have all the units I need for it. Unfortunately friends only cover a single aspect (like Def ignore or status inflicting). Once I raise up my Elza and Melchio, I'll probably be ready for the next time Trial of the Gods pops up.

Also, who do you guys think would be a better leader for questing, Rosetta or Orna? I know for Arena that Orna is better because sparking is so rare, but I'm less sure about questing.

I've had no issues questing with orna. I literally auto battle non stop. I barely look at the screen 75% of the time. Her BB leader skill is very nice.

Corgi

Banned
progressing ok so far in RC3. Things are starting to hit hard now. Current squad;

rosetta Lead for spark damage and BC gen
zelnite Friend for BC and HC
orna for crit and elements
tridon for shield
shera for attack and mitigation'
ulkina for status null and emergeny heal.

So its a pretty decent blend of offensive and defense which makes autobattling easy.

Just beat Nalda Delia (RC3 mission 9) in 10min with 1 revive, so its offensive/defensive power seems ok.

By some strange coincidence, I have gotten 1000 honor points from the daily log in three days in a row. During Super Honor Summon. Coincidence. . . or Conspiracy???

I'm going to be getting my level 125 sphere frog today. I was considering using it on Rosetta or Shera. Which one should I pick? Or should I just hold it?

garath

Oh damn. They aren't giving out 80 honor points for using a friend anymore :/

Guess that means the super honor summon is almost over. I have another 50 pulls I can't use yet. Might as well evolve whoever I can asap.

Corgi

Banned
I'm going to be getting my level 125 sphere frog today. I was considering using it on Rosetta or Shera. Which one should I pick? Or should I just hold it?

shera.

mitigators are the most important units in the game to have BB up so having them pampered is a given

Corgi

Banned
Pre-GGC, what sphere would you recommend I put on Shera?
evil shard and your best status booster? You should do GGC. They aren't that hard. At least do the Lance one because his sphere is great for debuffer/healer. Then beat maxwell and then you can easily 1hit ko every other GGC thing.

evil shard and your best status booster? You should do GGC. They aren't that hard. At least do the Lance one because his sphere is great for debuffer/healer. Then beat maxwell and then you can easily 1hit ko every other GGC thing.

Yeah I've already started on doing GGC. I just need to get Ulkina to level 100 because as a 5 star she's really fragile and keeps dying on me.

Corgi

Banned
also reminder that its monday and 1/2 energy is still going on for vortex.

grind that karma/exp dungeon!

You needa be lvl 215 to have a full 7* party >.<"

garath

Ouch lol. 215.

I just breached the 4 6* 1 5* party at level 103 or 104. Finally. I am trying to get 125 for the frog but doesn't seem likely.

Surprisingly the half energy cost money dungeon was pretty good over the weekend. It has a good amount of xp for that energy. Not to mention the millions and millions of gold.

A really odd rate up today. Lilly, Shera, Ulkina, Farnvil, Kuhla, and Priscilla. I already own all 3 of the first half so I don't think it's really worth to pull just for Farnvil, Kuhla, and Priscilla. Though I'm probably gonna end up summoning once anyway just for the thrill of it.

Althane

Going nuts on levels, planning on having 3 6*'s on Thursday, if not more.

6*'d Shida, and then using his new leader skill, got two more miracle totems pretty easily. Next stop, 6*ing my Tree, and then either Bolt Knight Amy, or Lancia. Probably Lancia.

From there, I should have a pretty strong team, so I'm going to take stock, see who I want to farm up, and who I've got, and then start pushing through the campaign.

garath

A really odd rate up today. Lilly, Shera, Ulkina, Farnvil, Kuhla, and Priscilla. I already own all 3 of the first half so I don't think it's really worth to pull just for Farnvil, Kuhla, and Priscilla. Though I'm probably gonna end up summoning once anyway just for the thrill of it.

Yolo summoned a bit. I had a ticket and 25 gems. Pulled 3 times:

- Dupe Yujeh :(
- Dupe Themis :(
- 4* Dilma (A)

The dupes are killer :( Was really hoping for a Lilly but not to be. Gonna save my last 15 gems.

edit: couldn't help myself. Want a Lilly or Ulkina

- 4* Priscilla (L)
- 5* Luka (G) - a healer? Looks neat
- 4* Kuhla (B) dupe :(

Yolo summoned a bit. I had a ticket and 25 gems. Pulled 3 times:

- Dupe Yujeh :(
- Dupe Themis :(
- 4* Dilma (A)

The dupes are killer :( Was really hoping for a Lilly but not to be. Gonna save my last 15 gems.

edit: couldn't help myself. Want a Lilly or Ulkina

- 4* Priscilla (L)
- 5* Luka (G) - a healer? Looks neat
- 4* Kuhla (B) dupe :(

You, uh, seem to have a little gambling problem :p.

garath

You, uh, seem to have a little gambling problem :p.

Lol!

Eh. They're all freebie gems. The only money I've spent on the game so far is buying the prosperity pack.

I am really lacking a couple of good support/healer types. Lilly and ulkina would be a great fit for my deficiencies.

Lol!

Eh. They're all freebie gems. The only money I've spent on the game so far is buying the prosperity pack.

I am really lacking a couple of good support/healer types. Lilly and ulkina would be a great fit for my deficiencies.

The Luka is a pretty good support as a leader. Boost HC drops and boost to Rec makes her a pseudo-healer, and she prevents status ailments too. Of course you lose the BC generated by Orna but hopefully that can be compensated elsewhere.

edit: Also Luka's BB and SBB heal over time and her SBB give allies an "increase BB gauge when attacked" buff for three turns. So really Luka is a great lead once you raise her up.

I'm not too far off. Still months away before we get 7 star units.

Did 3 summons:

(L) Semira
(A) Lucca
(L) Darvan 5 star

Gonna raise Lucca and replacing my guardian one. Will raise Semira later.
Finally got my 4th anima Lario lol. I'm done with Lizeria and just finished raising sbb on my 3rd Lario. I'm going to be so ready for FH this month. Yolo 4 Lario and Shida.

Corgi

Banned
I'm not too far off. Still months away before we get 7 star units.

Did 3 summons:

(L) Semira
(A) Lucca
(L) Darvan 5 star

Gonna raise Lucca and replacing my guardian one. Will raise Semira later.
Finally got my 4th anima Lario lol. I'm done with Lizeria and just finished raising sbb on my 3rd Lario. I'm going to be so ready for FH this month. Yolo 4 Lario and Shida.

probably need to slap in a mitigator :p

Alas, I have reached that level in which expending all my energy on the karma dungeon is no longer enough to take me to the next level. Woe is me.

garath

Oh. Well that stinks. I was going to work on evolving Luka as her 6* would be very useful to me. Didn't realize she needed a dark tone. That material dungeon doesn't come around very often does it :/

Oh. Well that stinks. I was going to work on evolving Luka as her 6* would be very useful to me. Didn't realize she needed a dark tone. That material dungeon doesn't come around very often does it :/

Yeah I just picked up one of each tone when those dungeons came out. It sucks that you can't evolve her :(

Corgi

Banned
Fei's 6* is hot. Glad I farmed a few

zJwtOx1.jpg

out friday

thunder SBS unit next week

Man the Fei 6 star is so cool. Shame I couldn't farm him. Level 3 Xie'jing too strong ;_;.

Planning to evolve a lot of units this Thursday. I need 4 miracle totems, 1 light, 3 dark, 1 earth, and 1 thunder. The whimsy of light and dark totems means that I might not be able to evolve some.

Got a few units to evolve too on Thursday since Frontier Hunter is on March 19th.

I tried to solo Claudaus and others. Ran out of time, but I killed Claudaus and Laguna Rex. Tried it again with Shida replacing Zelnite and killed them again with 3 minutes to spare. Then my raid crashes lol. Got back in, mission failed. Well, I set it to auto-join and one Rin joined my room. We killed all 3 of them, then when I get to my room, I see 3 freaking Rins. No wonder the bosses took massive damage so fast. I didn't know they can join your game while its going on? I set it to Mitzurg and some of them left. A couple of Maxwells join in. They killed her in about 6 minutes. I went in the wrong direction and was still running up to her.

Will farm her mats when I got my raid orbs back. Its just a waiting game before a bunch of us gets Noah.

Corgi

Banned
X2 is a bitch goddamn. party dispel and bb dispel. Pray to that RNG. Will try again later. need to totem hunt.

beat second time. You have to make sure to guard every 3rd turn during the dispel. Think you should be able to dual Maxwell 1hko though...

Apparently the level 4 Witch of the Abyss Vortex is bugged so that you sometimes fight Prosperity Brawl instead.

Currently my team is:
Level 100 Orna (O) SBB10
Level 100 Arius (A) SBB 10
Level 100 Rosetta (B) SBB 5
Level 100 Shera (A) SBB 7
Level 99 Ulkina (B) BB 4

I also have in reserve:
Level 100 Luther (A) SBB 10
Level 100 Alyut (G) SBB 10

Also evolved today:
Level 83 Rin (B) BB 2
Level 1(/100) Lilly Matah

With my current team, how easy would the GGC's be? I attempted the Atro level 3 last week when my Ulkina was still 5 stars level 80, but I had trouble keeping up mitigation each turn and then Atro did his AoE and wiped half my team. Should I wait till I level up Lilly to 100 and get her BB up a bit, or would it be fine if I brought another migitator?

Top Bottom