• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
Apparently the level 4 Witch of the Abyss Vortex is bugged so that you sometimes fight Prosperity Brawl instead.

Currently my team is:
Level 100 Orna (O) SBB10
Level 100 Arius (A) SBB 10
Level 100 Rosetta (B) SBB 5
Level 100 Shera (A) SBB 7
Level 99 Ulkina (B) BB 4

I also have in reserve:
Level 100 Luther (A) SBB 10
Level 100 Alyut (G) SBB 10

Also evolved today:
Level 83 Rin (B) BB 2
Level 1(/100) Lilly Matah

With my current team, how easy would the GGC's be? I attempted the Atro level 3 last week when my Ulkina was still 5 stars level 80, but I had trouble keeping up mitigation each turn and then Atro did his AoE and wiped half my team. Should I wait till I level up Lilly to 100 and get her BB up a bit, or would it be fine if I brought another migitator?

Level up Lilly would be good. Lily + tridon is the god combo for bossing. Probably should do Maxwell too.

Kreed

X2 is a bitch goddamn. party dispel and bb dispel. Pray to that RNG. Will try again later. need to totem hunt.

beat second time. You have to make sure to guard every 3rd turn during the dispel. Think you should be able to dual Maxwell 1hko though...

Gave this team a try for my first attempt (Narza in place of Shera) and was able to beat the trial. I didn't need to guard though due to Fiora's SBB working so well here.

garath

Of the craftables, any good spheres I can make until I get the better ones from events and stuff?

Looking at Lizeria Gem and maybe tech gizmo 2?

Corgi

Banned
Of the craftables, any good spheres I can make until I get the better ones from events and stuff?

Looking at Lizeria Gem and maybe tech gizmo 2?
Never worth the time imo. Only things worth crating are sol creators amanos and malice jewels (which the mat are in the last map of raid atm).

garath

Never worth the time imo. Only things worth crating are sol creators amanos and malice jewels (which the mat are in the last map of raid atm).

Nice. Thanks for that. I don't see Malice jewels on the list I found:

http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/material-farming-sphere-shop-guide.26787/

Might be newer?

Unfortunately I can't make them yet. I ran out of karma after getting my sphere building to level 40. I'll farm more karma monday and finish that off. At least the Tech gizmo 2 I made is a component of a sol creator. Amanos take a lot more. Something to do with all the items.

A friend of mine just pulled his 2nd Shera. Another friend pulled for me on a red door with rainbow light. A 5 star Anima Tridon. Wow. My first Tridon. Well, ever since they nerfed Hadaron, time to raise another OP unit. Funny thing, its Fang's rate up, but neither of us got her.

Corgi

Banned
A friend of mine just pulled his 2nd Shera. Another friend pulled for me on a red door with rainbow light. A 5 star Anima Tridon. Wow. My first Tridon. Well, ever since they nerfed Hadaron, time to raise another OP unit. Funny thing, its Fang's rate up, but neither of us got her.

you should be fine because you have rosetta and elza(?). Tridon is arguably the best unit in the game atm that leadership + shield combo is ridiculous.

You do trial X2 yet?

you should be fine because you have rosetta and elza(?). Tridon is arguably the best unit in the game atm that leadership + shield combo is ridiculous.

You do trial X2 yet?
I have Rosetta and Elza.

I cheese X2 trial early yesterday before they nerfed Hadaron. :p Hehehehehe. Even my other friends call me cheap lol. At least they finally fixed him.

garath

Woot. Just beat Trial 001 - Karl. Kinda smoked him. Only miscounted once and had to revive two people. That was a lot easier than I expected.

Friend Rin was super helpful against the status effects and as a healer. Other than that used:

Orna (leader)
Shera
Ciara
Elza
Zelnite

Ciara and Shera are the only ones without their SBB. On to Trial 002.

Woot. Just beat Trial 001 - Karl. Kinda smoked him. Only miscounted once and had to revive two people. That was a lot easier than I expected.

Friend Rin was super helpful against the status effects and as a healer. Other than that used:

Orna (leader)
Shera
Ciara
Elza
Zelnite

Ciara and Shera are the only ones without their SBB. On to Trial 002.
Guard turn 1, when his hp is at 70%, 40% and at 1%. Its imperative that you guard.

Corgi

Banned
I have Rosetta and Elza.

I cheese X2 trial early yesterday before they nerfed Hadaron. :p Hehehehehe. Even my other friends call me cheap lol. At least they finally fixed him.

You should try again post nerf and BC drop fix :p

Although its probably possible to dual maxwell it.

Primus

Finally pulled a Hogar (Lord) today.

I continue to believe that Elza doesn't actually exist, and is just a horrible joke being played on me by Gumi.

If you're aching for a Light or Dark Totem, the Ruins of Light and Dark are up in the Vortex. I suppose this is the reason for the Light and Dark units rate ups that are happening this weekend.

Corgi

Banned
was like 'oh shit, a name I recognize in arena!'

2015-03-14%2021.03.22.png

Then...

Fuck.

even with the best setup units sometimes just don't fucking use their bb's :(

xehanort

Got shera and darvanshel. Friend #?

Thanks bro! I need darvanshel for the status ailments and mitigation

BTW, All evolution vortex are in, except for the musical (damn pulled a luka). So go prepare cause I've read that FH12 is coming this week

Corgi

Banned
Thanks bro! I need darvanshel for the status ailments and mitigation

BTW, All evolution vortex are in, except for the musical (damn pulled a luka). So go prepare cause I've read that FH12 is coming this week
Done. Will leave him up for most of the day.

Corgi

Banned
now I feel bad for fusing away my lava by accident.

lava

sdu8N8J.png

Atk: 2381 {600}
Def: 2302 {300}
HP: 6582 {1000}
Rec: 2091 {400}
Hits: 10 / 3 DC
Cost: 40
LS: 100% to fire units + 4 BC fill/turn
BB: 15 Hits, 260% AoE {100 flat} + Defense ignore 2 two turns
BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 15
SBB: 18 Hits, 500% AoE {100 flat} + Defense ignore for 2 turns + add a 200% boost to BB/SBB/UBB multiplier for three turns
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 18
UBB: 22 Hits, 1000% AoE {100 flat} + add a 500% boost to BB/SBB/UBB multiplier for two turns + 300% Atk buff to fire units for three turns
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 22
Extra Skill: 20% dmg to HP, 25% Chance + 2-3 BC Fill when attacked, 50% chance
Arena Type: 2

f9Vcuh0.png

elimo

Atk: 1974 {440}
Def: 2385 {440}
HP: 6453 {1100}
Rec: 2498 {440}
Hits: 8 / 3 DC
LS: HC Effectiveness 75% + 25% HC drop rate + 20% damage reduction, 10% chance
BB: Heal 2260-2560 + Ailments cure + 50% mitigation for one turn
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: -
SBB: Heal 3800-4000 + 140% Def buff for three turns + 50% mitigation for one turn
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: -
UBB: Gradual Heal 98999-99999 for three turns + 75% damage reduction for three turns + 3-5 BC fill when attacked {100%} buff for three turns + Status immunity for three turns
BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: -
Extra Skill: 20% damage reduction, 20% chance + 20% reduced bb bc cost
Arena Type: 5

Ronel

V7LA45m.png

Atk: 2319 {440}
Def: 2304 {440}
HP: 6535 {1100}
Rec: 2152 {440}
Hits: 11 / 3 DC
LS: Status immunity + 30% HP + 10% BC/HC Drop rate
BB: 16 Hits, 280% AoE {150 flat} + 25% BC/HC Drop rate buff for three turns
BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 16
SBB: 18 Hits, 540% AoE {150 flat} + 30% BC/HC Drop rate buff for three turns + -50% ATK debuff for one turn {30% chance}
BC Cost: 22 // Max BC Gen: 18
UBB: 23 Hits, 1000% AoE {100 flat} + 15 BB Gauge/turn for three turns + -80% ATK/DEF debuff for one turn
BC Cost: 15 // Max BC Gen: 23
Extra Skill: 15% BC/HC Drop rate
Arena Type: 3

Elimo is a fucking beast. My first premium healer rs... although I pulled an anima one fairly recent. Ready!

Ronel is a beast. Is that 80% attack debuff 100% chance? Alim is making these 3 girls waifu material again. They all been neglected for months.
Still have yet to pull an Elimo after so many tries. Still got my guardian Lava from last year and anima Ronel a few months ago.

Wow, Elimo has a 40% damage reduction from her LS and ES? Damn.
Lava's ES is a little underwhelming.

Corgi

Banned
Ronel is a beast. Is that 80% attack debuff 100% chance? Alim is making these 3 girls waifu material again. They all been neglected for months.
Still have yet to pull an Elimo after so many tries. Still got my guardian Lava from last year and anima Ronel a few months ago.

Wow, Elimo has a 40% damage reduction from her LS and ES? Damn.
Lava's ES is a little underwhelming.

ronel is a good alternative to feeva for sure. Think she's the first 7* with a sbb multiplier higher than 500% too.

Elimo breaking all the records with that BB due to her extra skill. mitigate. ailment purge, burst heal for 16BC. Ridiculous.

Getting that UBB fired is gonna be tricky if elimo is your only mitigator though.

Uh what Elimo looks ridiculous. Max HP Heal over Time AND mitigation AND Status Null. 7 stars are so imbalanced. But we're probably not going to see these 3 for months.

Evolution vortex and some inefficient crystal fusing means that I've leveled both my Lario and Lilly to level 100! Some BB fodder farming and then I can finally start trying trials.

So apparently there was some sort of arena rank up event that was going on that I just got rewards for. For ranking up at least 7 times I got a Wyvern, Phoenix, and 500000 zel. But the real mystery is that there were rewards for ranking up 20 times in a 1 month period. I'm pretty sure that's only possible if you used a lot of gems to restore arena orbs, and at that point you might as well have summoned for the Copra you get at 20 rank ups.

garath

Which is why you shoild stock up everything even if you don't have the unit. Same with SBS units dungeons.

Yeah. I'm going to have to spend some gems on expanding my unit limit. I only have 80 right now and it really doesn't feel like enough.

Corgi

Banned
man... elimo 7* sprite is hot stuff.

f96OeKo.gif

UDS8p0m.gif

THIS is the main reason I put money in this f2p game versus every other f2p game. I'll pay for a game with sexy animated sprites, not just 2d art.

Kreed

Elimo is a fucking beast. My first premium healer rs... although I pulled an anima one fairly recent. Ready!

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to Tree.

Still don't get the point of the "Big Red Button" Ultra BBs, but it's nice that all these bottom tier/forgotten units are getting new life now.

Corgi

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to Tree.

Still don't get the point of the "Big Red Button" Ultra BBs, but it's nice that all these bottom tier/forgotten units are getting new life now.

makes you wonder if/when the rosetta batch units get 7*. shit is gonna be real.

TimeKillr

Is 3/4 of your inventory evo mats? I'm pretty sure that regardless of my inventory size it just fills up with miscellaneous mimics, totems, idols, etc.

Most of my inventory is actual characters. The only mats I do keep are Light Totems, Dark Totems and 5 of each Mimics. Everything else (and I do mean everything else) gets sold, because I have no patience for this and most of these evo mats are useless since they are very easy to farm. For example, there's no reason for me to hang on to the other Totems because they're guaranteed drops in the dungeons, so I just wait until thursdays. It's pretty simple, really. I'll have to take screenshots of my box just to show you guys.

I have a lot of dupes. For example, I have 5 Zelnites, 6 Arus (lol) and so on. It's kinda ridiculous, to be honest, but now I've pretty much stopped pulling unless there's a new batch with actual good characters in it. I'm debating just fusing a bunch of them away, but I'm always pretty cautious about that - I think I want to keep 2 copies of everything, except for some specific characters (making an all-Zenite team is kinda funny, but I doubt it's useful, whereas making an all-Arus team would be pretty interesting with free unlimited SBB spam, but it'll take a while to get 6 Arus leveled up enough for that).

See, right now all I do is keep my phone next to me and farm for attack fodders all day long. It fills up when I have about 50, in which case I fuse them all away (and fusion up rates be damned, I just had 6 normal successes in a row when trying to level up my 2nd Lario for FH) and rinse/repeat.

Speaking of which, my team for the next FH is looking like it'll be

Rosetta lead
Lario
Lario
Shera
Shida

I think I might swap in one of the Larios for an Elza - it's 10 less hits but the spark buff might be useful. I'm not 100% sure, though. Hopefully I can get Lario friends for leaders too, so it becomes truly easy to full BB-spam even single-target stages with a Rosetta lead, but who knows if I'll actually be able to.It really depends on how hard Terminus is going to be.

Corgi

Banned
Most of my inventory is actual characters. The only mats I do keep are Light Totems, Dark Totems and 5 of each Mimics. Everything else (and I do mean everything else) gets sold, because I have no patience for this and most of these evo mats are useless since they are very easy to farm. For example, there's no reason for me to hang on to the other Totems because they're guaranteed drops in the dungeons, so I just wait until thursdays. It's pretty simple, really. I'll have to take screenshots of my box just to show you guys.

I have a lot of dupes. For example, I have 5 Zelnites, 6 Arus (lol) and so on. It's kinda ridiculous, to be honest, but now I've pretty much stopped pulling unless there's a new batch with actual good characters in it. I'm debating just fusing a bunch of them away, but I'm always pretty cautious about that - I think I want to keep 2 copies of everything, except for some specific characters (making an all-Zenite team is kinda funny, but I doubt it's useful, whereas making an all-Arus team would be pretty interesting with free unlimited SBB spam, but it'll take a while to get 6 Arus leveled up enough for that).

See, right now all I do is keep my phone next to me and farm for attack fodders all day long. It fills up when I have about 50, in which case I fuse them all away (and fusion up rates be damned, I just had 6 normal successes in a row when trying to level up my 2nd Lario for FH) and rinse/repeat.

Speaking of which, my team for the next FH is looking like it'll be

Rosetta lead
Lario
Lario
Shera
Shida

I think I might swap in one of the Larios for an Elza - it's 10 less hits but the spark buff might be useful. I'm not 100% sure, though. Hopefully I can get Lario friends for leaders too, so it becomes truly easy to full BB-spam even single-target stages with a Rosetta lead, but who knows if I'll actually be able to.It really depends on how hard Terminus is going to be.

Lario works better as a lead. rosetta is too strong, makes it hard to 3 turn. Lario + zelnite is a good setup for 3 turn imo.

Corgi

Banned
From 16 Mar, 07:00 PST ~ 18 Mar 06:59 PST
Enjoy higher chance to get Rigness, Rosetta, Orna, Shera, Elza and Shida in rare summon!
Summon them now!

those are some, if not the best units in the current meta, so its worth summoning if you are missing them :3

Primus

Boy, switch to a max level Lily Matah lead, and the friend requests start coming in droves.

My Lily Matah brings all the boys to the yard...

RNGesus heard my complaining over the weekend, did one RS today hoping for a Shida, got a 4* Elza (Lord) instead.

Corgi

Banned
I don't have Fei/Fang together, but I suspect a Zelnite of my own should be enough, really. I have one that is max imped, so it's quite strong. I'll look into that.

FH is all about elemental weakness. low damage. SBB management if you want relatively quick high scoring runs

edit: 3rd week of 1/2 exp monday exp dungeon. surely everyone here is over lvl 100 now right? ;)

For FH 12, I'm running:

4 Larios
1 Shida

If shit hits the fan and I can't clear Terminus or score terribly due to my units dying LOL, I'll put in a damage mitigator.

Yolo 4 Larios with Lario lead and either a Zelnite, Rosetta or Lario friend.

Top Bottom