• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
For FH 12, I'm running:

4 Larios
1 Shida

If shit hits the fan and I can't clear Terminus or score terribly due to my units dying LOL, I'll put in a damage mitigator.

Yolo 4 Larios with Lario lead and either a Zelnite, Rosetta or Lario friend.

the last few FH's been a pain to do 3 turns without a mitigator. can't imagine this one being easier :/

Corgi

Banned
I've got 12 burst frogs, Lilly Matah is BB6, so I guess the best course of action would be to bring her to BB10 with burst frogs, level the SBB for a bit, and then finish with burst frogs?

usually I wait until BB7 or so. I tend to get real lazy with units that are healing or support though. Those fodder are super annoying to farm.

7 star starters at the end of this month. Possible Grand Quest a week after.
New Thunder SBS unit.
mTTrHGn.jpg

is2ONPu.jpg

QBqPaZc.jpg

TimeKillr

I hope the new SBS unit has a unique skill, like Ultor, Tridon and Hadaron have... Andaria is a pretty good leader overall, but she isn't OP like the other 3 (well Hadaron got nerfed pretty badly but hey).

Corgi

Banned
7 star starters at the end of this month. Possible Grand Quest a week after.
New Thunder SBS unit.
mTTrHGn.jpg

is2ONPu.jpg

QBqPaZc.jpg

End of month is pretty much nextish week lol. curious how they will do that... no mention of achievement system or machine totems...

Probably means 7* RS soon. Hope this thunder unit has a gimmick worth a damn, or ill just wait.

TimeKillr

There's a Most Wanted Unit poll up right now, but it's probably just going to be something like Rosetta, Rigness, Shera, Elza, Zelnite, Lilly. I really want a infinite SBBer though so I voted for Arus. He's probably not gonna make the cut though ;_;

That's pretty much always what it's going to be until they release

1- A new mitigator (will replace Shera)
2- A new healer (will replace Rigness)
3- A new crazy BB-maintenance unit (will replace Lilly)
4- A new high hit-count SBB spammer (will replace Elza)

Rosetta I'm not 100% sure why she's in (BC gen on sparking is good, but it's hardly game-defining) and Zelnite will most likely always be there. Elza is special because she combines 3 awesome things: BC buff, spark buff and high hit count, which are all 3 very useful, so it's gonna take a while before she's fully replaced.

Corgi

Banned
That's pretty much always what it's going to be until they release

1- A new mitigator (will replace Shera)
2- A new healer (will replace Rigness)
3- A new crazy BB-maintenance unit (will replace Lilly)
4- A new high hit-count SBB spammer (will replace Elza)

Rosetta I'm not 100% sure why she's in (BC gen on sparking is good, but it's hardly game-defining) and Zelnite will most likely always be there. Elza is special because she combines 3 awesome things: BC buff, spark buff and high hit count, which are all 3 very useful, so it's gonna take a while before she's fully replaced.

LS spark buff, BC gen on sparking with 80% spark buff on SBB makes her arguably the most rounded unit in the game atm (including 7* releases in japan).

spark is like the 2nd best damage boost in the game atm if we aren't including 7* lava and there aren't units spark resistant yet. The BC buff is the added icing on the cake, with the right multihit units (douglas, lario, maxwell, shera)

Definitely the most well rounded offensive leader in the game atm.

\o/ Beat my first GGC! Lexida is mine! Did it with a team of Rin, Orna, Shera, Lilly, Arius, and Tridon Friend. Lilly was a champion, her SBB meant I always had Shera's BB up every turn and Tridon's BB every other turn, which let me tank Selena's AoE. I only had to use one Revive Light because I forgot to mitigate one turn and Selena and Lucina focused down Shera. But overall pretty painless with Lilly.

Corgi

Banned
\o/ Beat my first GGC! Lexida is mine! Did it with a team of Rin, Orna, Shera, Lilly, Arius, and Tridon Friend. Lilly was a champion, her SBB meant I always had Shera's BB up every turn and Tridon's BB every other turn, which let me tank Selena's AoE. I only had to use one Revive Light because I forgot to mitigate one turn and Selena and Lucina focused down Shera. But overall pretty painless with Lilly.

with that party, you can probably sweep all of them in a day. Get on that lazy bum! They aren't hard lol

with that party, you can probably sweep all of them in a day. Get on that lazy bum! They aren't hard lol

I only recently got Lilly to her SBB, so I was always afraid of the AoE without mitigation. But yeah I'm pretty confident I can beat them now.

Seriously Lilly is sooooooo useful.

Ferga

Why do I feel like I'm getting a lot more gems than I actually bought from that prosperity pack a while back.

I remember I was suppose to cap at around 89gems when it was over. I'm on 99 gems now. Where did the 10 extras come from?!

Corgi

Banned
raid is out. Surprise, everything is broken! FH starts tonight... but at 2am est and they rose the FH rank to Tesla... so yeah don't even bother going for +4, even if you gem a lot

As someone no longer impressed with + stat spheres (+35% to all, yawn), or sphere frogs, or imps, what do raids actually offer me?

Maybe I'm just too cynical about the whole game at this point but I just don't see it. Even if it lets me get 7*s or 6* stuff like Grah it's still just a big ole "meh" to me. Too little, too late.

Corgi

Banned
As someone no longer impressed with + stat spheres (+35% to all, yawn), or sphere frogs, or imps, what do raids actually offer me?

Maybe I'm just too cynical about the whole game at this point but I just don't see it. Even if it lets me get 7*s or 6* stuff like Grah it's still just a big ole "meh" to me. Too little, too late.

nothing. It's pretty much mmo end game. I stick around because I have that unhealthy urge for new units, even though you don't really need them. And there is new content every week or 2.

Low maintenance game good for the working man :3

I attempted Raids this morning but could not connect to anything and it was marked "full" so couldn't make my own.

Maybe that annoyance is why I feel so meh about it all. If it had all worked maybe I'd feel different.

Obtained Drevas and Dandelga! Lance was a bit difficult because my party had so many thunder units, but I managed to hold out in the end, though I lost half my party. It's hard to decide where to put all these sphere though. Currently I have Lexida on Lilly, Drevas on Ulkina, and Dandelga on Shera.

Corgi

Banned
Obtained Drevas and Dandelga! Lance was a bit difficult because my party had so many thunder units, but I managed to hold out in the end, though I lost half my party. It's hard to decide where to put all these sphere though. Currently I have Lexida on Lilly, Drevas on Ulkina, and Dandelga on Shera.
lexida is a pure arena sphere, stick it on an arena member with high BC generation with normal attack

So I took Raid for a spin, got into a room with two others, went to battle some sort of giant ice turtle or what not. The only problem I encountered was that the response time was rather slow. The client would just hang up for a minute and then process my actions. This wasn't too obstructive because the boss was stupid easy but it was very annoying.

Having tried a raid, I really don't get it.

I take the very first raid, I beat the guy, no complete. I beat it again, no complete.

The third fight I don't even try to defeat him, just doing normal attacks just to see what he does, a couple turns later, without the guy even dying, CONGRATULATIONS! You win!

What the hell just happened?

Kreed

I take the very first raid, I beat the guy, no complete. I beat it again, no complete.

The third fight I don't even try to defeat him, just doing normal attacks just to see what he does, a couple turns later, without the guy even dying, CONGRATULATIONS! You win!

You have to kill the boss multiple times/bosses have multiple parts (the Quest description mentions this). In the third fight your team mates must have finished the boss off.

Corgi

Banned

You have to kill the boss multiple times/bosses have multiple parts (the Quest description mentions this). In the third fight your team mates must have finished the boss off.

either that, or the server delay. Happened in beta. Kill them... wait a bit then congratulations appears. Shit is wack. Probably shouldn't bother for a week

I had no team-mates. There was no text to indicate it would take multiple kills, and in fact the wiki shows no multiple parts either.

It's probably what Corgi says, it took that much time to get credit for some reason.

There's a Most Wanted Unit poll up right now, but it's probably just going to be something like Rosetta, Rigness, Shera, Elza, Zelnite, Lilly. I really want a infinite SBBer though so I voted for Arus. He's probably not gonna make the cut though ;_;

Player's Choice Rate up is here! Unfortunately my predictions were spot on :(. But if you don't have a Lilly I guess now's your chance!

And zero, it was 7am for me when I posted that :p

Kreed

Heh, this is insane... I pulled 1mil points on individual stages in Beginning and Middle. I'm worried they'll say I'm cheating (most of the points come from attack bonus).

Stuff like this:

LOL this happened to me as well and I was surprised by the number of points. I thought maybe the rewards had increased in points or something.

My first Terminus attempt went smoothly with the same team except Tridon in place of Elza, and Rosetta in place of Friend Maxwell. Everyone was OHKOed except Narza. I may switch Maxwell with Lario to increase points with later attempts once I get a feel for how hard these enemies hit.

Corgi

Banned
weird, didn't see crazy high atk bonus with my previous FH team. Is it due to double maxwell?

Wonder what kinda scores you can get in Terminus.

Althane

Rolled, since I am looking for more units:

Mech Arms Grybe
Nalmika
Dark Arts Dia
Phee
Sky Angel Kushira
Bolt Knight Amy (Duplicate. :( )

How'd I do?

I'll probably roll at least once tomorrow. Girlfriend got Zelnite on her first roll. =\

Rolled, since I am looking for more units:

Mech Arms Grybe
Nalmika
Dark Arts Dia
Phee
Sky Angel Kushira
Bolt Knight Amy (Duplicate. :( )

How'd I do?

I'll probably roll at least once tomorrow. Girlfriend got Zelnite on her first roll. =\

Objectively, you rolled awful because you didn't get a single unit from the rate up (all of which are excellent meta units). Nalmika is a good status inflicter and Phee is a decent water unit. Kushira just got a 7 star released in Japan, so she's definitely someone you want to raise eventually.

TimeKillr

weird, didn't see crazy high atk bonus with my previous FH team. Is it due to double maxwell?

Wonder what kinda scores you can get in Terminus.

It might be due to double Maxwell, but even then it's really, *really* high. When you score enough points in a single stage what you're supposed to score to get the last reward in End, there's something wrong.

Scored 2.12 mil with my team on Terminus. Had to bring mitigation or else Mariudeth would one shot anyone on my team. I would score a little higher, but the breaker Lario friend I brought did a little too much damage to Mare at the end, so it messed up my multi-kill. I couldn't spam SBB every turn, not because I didn't have the bb, but my team did a little too much damage with a Rosetta lead.

My team:

Rosetta Lead
Lario
Lario
Darvanshel
Shida
Lario friend

Might try a Lario lead against Narza and see if bb is still a problem.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm wonder why i scored so low.

1.7mil

lario lead
shida
shera
douglas
feifang
zelnite (friend)

tried to 3turn. took 4 on last because i didn't account for bb drain.

I got 1.8 million with my typical dual Maxwell, Orna, Ardin, Lucca, Elza party.

Although apparently that's a relatively high score because as of now I'm in the top 5K.

I assume some part of scoring changed. I too noticed the attack bonus getting absurd...I got ~8 million on entrance, with multiple waves > 1 million, and my party did not change from last FH...I just got more points.

garath

Yessss. Just pulled a lily matah!! Finally. The only thing else that would make me super happy is a rigness. Now time to level her. Sigh. She is only 4*.

Corgi

Banned
would be real bummed if the key to FH is how many lario's you have :/

seems kinda... cheating lol.

Still can't seem to figure out how to get over 1.8mil this time. will try a few more things.

Double Lario leads isn't good. Not enough damage on several waves. Gonna use Rosetta or Lario as lead for that damage. Just gotta not kill a few of them before turn 3.

Althane

Ugh. Decided to continue rolling in the morning, with my last 15 (well, 17, but eh) gems:

Dark Angel Azael
Sage Bran
Siren

I'm... just... not gonna draw for a while. Or ever.

=\

garath

I've managed to get all the rewards for the 1st and 2nd FH stages. Only need to get the last sphere frog from the third. The last level I managed to beat but need the last two rewards from that too. Really want that legwand sphere.

I read that shida is a good FH character. Suggestions on who I should replace? I'm high enough now that my whole party is 6*

Orna (lead)
Ciara
Elza
Zelnite
Shera

Maybe replace ciara with shida... I think I'll try that. Now that I typed it out, it makes the most sense.

TimeKillr

I've managed to get all the rewards for the 1st and 2nd FH stages. Only need to get the last sphere frog from the third. The last level I managed to beat but need the last two rewards from that too. Really want that legwand sphere.

I read that shida is a good FH character. Suggestions on who I should replace? I'm high enough now that my whole party is 6*

Orna (lead)
Ciara
Elza
Zelnite
Shera

Maybe replace ciara with shida... I think I'll try that. Now that I typed it out, it makes the most sense.

I would replace Ciara for Shida for sure, but then with a Shida your Orna is redundant (Shida is good because his SBB gives all 5 elements to everyone, while Orna is Thunder + Water + Crit, so the only benefit you'd get is crit).

If you don't have a Rosetta or a Lario, then you most likely would benefit from Rosetta as friend leader and your own Zelnite as lead (or maybe Elza) to maximize your BC drops.

garath

I would replace Ciara for Shida for sure, but then with a Shida your Orna is redundant (Shida is good because his SBB gives all 5 elements to everyone, while Orna is Thunder + Water + Crit, so the only benefit you'd get is crit).

If you don't have a Rosetta or a Lario, then you most likely would benefit from Rosetta as friend leader and your own Zelnite as lead (or maybe Elza) to maximize your BC drops.

Nice. Very good suggestions. Thanks :)

Just realized my shida doesn't have his SBB :/ I think I have enough burst frogs though so probably just going to do it in one shot and keep trying. I really want that legwand sphere.

broz0rs

I can really feel that Maxwell dropcheck nerf with this FH. Even with 3-4 mobs on screen, I can't get my BB filled as easy as before. It almost feels lucky now when my team gets their BB filled.

RIP double Maxwell. I will miss the cheesiness.

Top Bottom