• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
yeah hope the rates aren't too bad.

Those 500 gem to get all unit videos from Ushi...

Might want for Most Wanted lol.

Corgi

Banned
kira batch is out. Rates aren't up though if you read the text just 4* guarantee and 5+1.

Completely screwed up here... and wasted 8 summons and got nothing.

DONT SUMMON.

kira batch is out. Rates aren't up though if you read the text just 4* guarantee and 5+1.

Completely screwed up here... and wasted 8 summons and got nothing.

DONT SUMMON.

Just let Selena sooth your wounded soul :p

Also I'm so glad frontier hunter is ending tomorrow. Grinding it is so monotonous and the faster I don't need to see Narza's stupid face the better.

Corgi

Banned
damn it... people are summoning feevas :(

seems like you can evolve them to 7* too!

shiiiiitt... wonder if I can resist...

damn it... people are summoning feevas :(

seems like you can evolve them to 7* too!

shiiiiitt... wonder if I can resist...

I mean, you summoned 8 and didn't get any, so I think it would be safe to assume the RNG is not with you this day. At the very least hold off til tomorrow :p

Xetherion

Just let Selena sooth your wounded soul :p

Also I'm so glad frontier hunter is ending tomorrow. Grinding it is so monotonous and the faster I don't need to see Narza's stupid face the better.

I decided FH grinding is not worth my time and just ran each stage once to get all the stage rewards. Even if my HR only goes up by 1 each time I will get all the HR rewards eventually.

Don't fall into the trap everyone. There is no rate up on the new units and the rates are SUPER LOW. Some people even trying well over 50 times and getting no new units.

AVOID. Wait for the fan favorite summon gates where rate up usually applies.

broz0rs

I've rolled enough in this game that I feel I only lack about three units for my collection and I've only seen four rainbow doors in my time playing this game. Judging from reddit, it looks like people are hurting lol

I've rolled enough in this game that I feel I only lack about three units for my collection and I've only seen four rainbow doors in my time playing this game. Judging from reddit, it looks like people are hurting lol

Absolutely, lol. The rates are terrible. So much money wasted by users all over.

Stuff like this is why I do not spend on this game anymore. Haven't done so in almost 6 months.

garath

I still can't get the last two rewards on terminus FH :(

Tried a bunch of different things but really only managed to even beat the damn thing once with my normal team and I think a maxwell friend:

Orna (leader)
Ciara
Shera
Zelnite
Elza

Tried swapping in Shida for Ciara and switching leader to Zelnite and it kind of went worse lol.

Narza just tends to one shot my entire party at seemingly random times. Maybe it's after a certain hp or something. Guess I should read a guide.

Corgi

Banned
with how bad the rates are lets me think more about what I have.

Just glad I have anima elimo and kikuri and a lord sefia, so I should be fine if I don't pull any of the new units for a good while.

broz0rs

Tried a bunch of different things but really only managed to even beat the damn thing once with my normal team and I think a maxwell friend:

Orna (leader)
Ciara
Shera
Zelnite
Elza

Tried swapping in Shida for Ciara and switching leader to Zelnite and it kind of went worse lol.

Narza just tends to one shot my entire party at seemingly random times. Maybe it's after a certain hp or something. Guess I should read a guide.

How are you starting round 1? Did you pop at least 2 fujins and maintain bb spam from the start and maintain until Narza?

Corgi

Banned
didn't realize reddit got that spreadsheet up.

lol these rates.

uqjtte.PNG

Orna (leader)
Ciara
Shera
Zelnite
Elza

Narza has an attack called Wrath of the Gods. Magic and Dark Souls reference :p Anyway, it does massive aoe damage and has killed my Shida before even with mitigation when he's not topped off. It also removes all buffs.

Have you tried Lario or a Rosetta friend? Keep Shida for sure.

garath

How are you starting round 1? Did you pop at least 2 fujins and maintain bb spam from the start and maintain until Narza?

Hmm. I usually take the healing item set. Even if I pop a fujin, it's tough for me to keep the full BB gauges full :/ I usually work it so I hit Narza with full BB but I only knock him down to half on average then I'm stuck with no BB.

Narza has an attack called Wrath of the Gods. Magic and Dark Souls reference :p Anyway, it does massive aoe damage and has killed my Shida before even with mitigation when he's not topped off. It also removes all buffs.

Have you tried Lario or a Rosetta friend? Keep Shida for sure.

I think I have one friend who has a Lario. Lol. Rosetta usually gives me some success but not that many high level Rosettas on my list either.

I'll try again today and keep doing low level quest till I find a Rosetta or my single Lario and do it with the offensive item set and see how it goes.

What's really saddening to me is the one time I beat it, I got 1.285 million points. I was SO close to the sphere :/

edit: General question. For a super BB like Zelnite or Shida that generate BB gauge, does it generate more based on the SBB level does the SBB level just dictate damage?

edit: General question. For a super BB like Zelnite or Shida that generate BB gauge, does it generate more based on the SBB level does the SBB level just dictate damage?
Zelnite gets more damage, bc, hc and item buff increases, but his 8 bc per turn stays the same.
Shida gets more bc from 8 to 10 and his sbb cost decreases from 21 bc to 12 bc.

Try the marauder set with a Rosetta friend and your Lario.

broz0rs

I think you have the wrong approach cause you should always get offensive set just for the fujins.

How you should start is pop 2-3 fujins immediately at the start that will allow you to fill up bb gauge for all yur units AFTER that first attack. I always give a fujin to Zelnite for that bb gauge fill, and he should always be the last one to use BB so your party won't waste his bb.

As long as you have two targets on screen, you should almost always be able to maintain bb spam. That is the goal for terminus.

The roadblock is Narza because he is single target and it will be very hard to have your bb charged after first attack. The goal is to use just enough bb to not kill him in the first turn and be able to finish him off with normal attacks by the consequent rounds. If you don't kill him by 2nd round, you have to use your mitigation bb or you'll be wiped.

After Narza, the goal is to maintain bb spam again. Zelnite is key!

My team: Feifang lead, Orna, Zelnite, Tridon, Kuda, Yujeh, Rosetta friend. Very similar to yours

garath

Zelnite gets more damage, bc, hc and item buff increases, but his 8 bc per turn stays the same.
Shida gets more bc from 8 to 10 and his sbb cost decreases from 21 bc to 12 bc.

Try the marauder set with a Rosetta friend and your Lario.

I think you have the wrong approach cause you should always get offensive set just for the fujins.

How you should start is pop 2-3 fujins immediately at the start that will allow you to fill up bb gauge for all yur units AFTER that first attack. I always give a fujin to Zelnite for that bb gauge fill, and he should always be the last one to use BB so your party won't waste his bb.

As long as you have two targets on screen, you should almost always be able to maintain bb spam. That is the goal for terminus.

The roadblock is Narza because he is single target and it will be very hard to have your bb charged after first attack. The goal is to use just enough bb to not kill him in the first turn and be able to finish him off with normal attacks by the consequent rounds. If you don't kill him by 2nd round, you have to use your mitigation bb or you'll be wiped.

After Narza, the goal is to maintain bb spam again. Zelnite is key!

My team: Feifang lead, Orna, Zelnite, Tridon, Kuda, Yujeh, Rosetta friend. Very similar to yours

Good thoughts guys. I'll take another stab at it!

Note, I don't have a Lario :( I have one friend with one. If I can get them to come up out of the 50 I'll use them lol

Note, I don't have a Lario :( I have one friend with one. If I can get them to come up out of the 50 I'll use them lol

When the Lance Vortex dungeon comes up, I would avail yourself of the opportunity to try and get a Lario. Also I put my Rosetta up in case you want to use it.

Corgi

Banned

you need new friends. most of mine are larios and rosettas during FH.

I guess the one plus of summoning today, finally got an andaria. Not pulling for the last few SBS...get them anyways :p

garath

I do need new friends. I think I'm just going to straight purge my friendlist except for the GAF friends I have. I have a million Zelnites, Elzas and Ultors on my list. Just no good.

I've now run the very first 3 energy quest 6 times trying to cycle my list to a Rosetta. Sigh.

Althane

So, with the glut of BBFrogs, I have about 15-20 saved up. What's the general concensus, is it better to work on getting SBBs up to level 10, or unlock more SBBs?

So, with the glut of BBFrogs, I have about 15-20 saved up. What's the general concensus, is it better to work on getting SBBs up to level 10, or unlock more SBBs?

I generally fuse fodder to bring my BB and SBB halfway there and then burst frog the rest of the way.

Kreed

Lario is farmable in quest mode/vortexes (unfortunately the Lance dungeon won't be around until after Frontier Hunter is over) and is definitely worth putting some time in to get one. With a Rosetta/Elza friend and his 40 hits SBB he's extremely easy to spark with.

And I definitely recommend the Marauder item set for your current FH runs. Here's a run down of how I've been playing FH:

Team: Maxwell, Shida, Tridon (I don't have a Mitigation + attack unit), Lario, Kuda + friend Rosetta or Elza. If Rosetta or Elza aren't available I swap out Maxwell for Deemo and use a Maxwell friend.

Round 1: Pop all 4 Fujin potions on Kuda, Rosetta, Lario, and Maxwell, and use Attack up. Use 4 SBBs (Kuda > Rosetta > Maxwell > Lario) and attack with others. Following this round I use attack up every round.

Round 2: SBB everything (Shida > Kuda > Rosetta > Maxwell > Tridon > Lario). If more than one enemy survives this, I use Shida's BB instead of his SBB. This scenario gets repeated every round after 3.

Round 3: My SBB varies here depending on how well I sparked. Other than Lario and Kuda, the other units may or may not have their SBBs so I just use what I have. I usually hope I don't kill Narza but if I do I normally still have enough SBB for the next round. Biggest issue is if I kill Narza in one round and Tridon doesn't have BB. If this happens + Maxwell doesn't have SBB, I could loose a few teammates in the next round.

Round 4: Same as round 2. If there's a worse case scenario from Tridon and Maxwell not having SBB, it means Kuda, Maxwell, and Lario are now dead since they don't have any HP increasing spheres so I bring Kuda and Maxwell back with Revives and finish the round.

Round 5 & 6: Same as Round 2.

With this set up I usually score 1.6 million but on non Narza rounds that take more than one turn, I can get to 1.7-8 with Shida adding to my score.

As I already mentioned, you shouldn't have to see a Rainbow door to get one of these units.

It picks a unit and a * rating. It colors the door based on the * rating it picked.

When you open the door, if the unit doesn't have that * rating, it will give you the unit anyway, which is why for the past 8 months or so you can open up a yellow door to get a red door effect, because lots of units have no 3* form.

Now you would just open up a yellow or red door to a rainbow effect because it has neither a 3 or 4* form.

If Gumi implemented it so you have to actually see a Rainbow door to get one of these, that's a fundamental change to the way door summoning works, and I don't see why they'd bother, when they can just set the odds lower...why muck around with the door summon logic itself?

Has anyone managed to pull an imp from the level 2 Vargas Vortex? If the encounter rate is really low, I feel that it would be better to run the level 1 vortex for the guaranteed crystal god instead.

Corgi

Banned
As I already mentioned, you shouldn't have to see a Rainbow door to get one of these units.

It picks a unit and a * rating. It colors the door based on the * rating it picked.

When you open the door, if the unit doesn't have that * rating, it will give you the unit anyway, which is why for the past 8 months or so you can open up a yellow door to get a red door effect, because lots of units have no 3* form.

Now you would just open up a yellow or red door to a rainbow effect because it has neither a 3 or 4* form.

If Gumi implemented it so you have to actually see a Rainbow door to get one of these, that's a fundamental change to the way door summoning works, and I don't see why they'd bother, when they can just set the odds lower...why muck around with the door summon logic itself?
Well they have to do something. Can't imagine anyone besides the super whales bothering to gem anymore.

I was actually ready to spend like $100 on today's batch if the rates were OK. Guess not. Luckily I have those oldies that got 7*. Ronel is a good feeva alt. Elimo is just an overall beast. Sefia and kikuri are both great bb generators and arena goddesses too.

Alice edea lira leorone golem and loch were announced to have 7* too so don't fuse those by accident!

garath

Well I almost did it. I got to the final battle and wiped. Even with that I got 1.2mil. So close to the legwand gem. Bah. Probably not going to get it this time.

desverger

I haven't played in a while, but I should've left my Rosetta as a lead. Let me know if this isn't the case and I can log in and change it.

broz0rs

I was taking a look at some of Ushi's JPBF rate up roll videos and the recent ones weren't so bad. It looks as if he was pulling a rainbow door every five rolls. It's a small sample size and he could have been lucky that day, but its encouraging to say the least.

Corgi

Banned
Oh god that live stream is pretty much the text book example of how not to do damage control right.

We screwed up. Sorry. No compensation. We might do better next time. No guarantees. FH is extended. Peace bitches.

Oh god that live stream is pretty much the text book example of how not to do damage control right.

We screwed up. Sorry. No compensation. We might do better next time. No guarantees. FH is extended. Peace bitches.

At least we found out Achievement system is coming in three weeks!

Edit: Welp servers just died again. And here I was going to YOLO summon too!

FH got extended again lol? Whelp, I just crashed in FH and couldn't log in. It was stuck on loading. Nothing happened and I had to force close it. There goes an orb.

garath

Hmm. I just did another FH try. Was up like 30 min ago.

I just got my Lily Matah to 6* this morning. If I was to use her as my FH leader (provided I get her leveled up quick), who would I replace? Elza? Zelnite? With lily boosting the BB gauge maybe Zelnite isn't as necessary? Elza with the spark damage and high hits seems more valuable....

Current:

Orna (leader)
Zelnite
Shida
Shera
Elza

Corgi

Banned
Hmm. I just did another FH try. Was up like 30 min ago.

I just got my Lily Matah to 6* this morning. If I was to use her as my FH leader (provided I get her leveled up quick), who would I replace? Elza? Zelnite? With lily boosting the BB gauge maybe Zelnite isn't as necessary? Elza with the spark damage and high hits seems more valuable....

Current:

Orna (leader)
Zelnite
Shida
Shera
Elza

lily matah doesn't attack, which makes her an awful FH unit.

Shouta

I've got so many gems with the FH, ones they give and the prosperity pack. I don't know when I should summon though. D=

broz0rs

Maybe. I won't be surprised at all if they don't put the Kira batch in for voting on the Most Wanted since they are "special".

That would be hilarious. Sad thing is I'm inclined to believe, given their business approach, that this is exactly what's going to happen, or at the very most just two units from the batch.

Top Bottom