• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
meh. i'm probably fine with not having kira's batch. Glad their 'legacy' 7* units are all quite good.

Sefia can paralyse and bc gen like a motherfucker.
Kikuri can curse and do the lily matah thing.

Ronel is arguably better than Feeva imo, with less BC/HC gen but balanced out with 30% hp and status immune leader skill, and ardin/fiora style 30% chance of 70% attack down.

And elimo is the ultimate support everything (mitigation, 140% def up, status clear, heal).

Think most people should be fine without summoning at all :3

garath

Has the prosperity finished already? I don't feel like it has been 30 days yet... Didn't get a prosperity gem last couple days.

edit: oh. Guess it has been 30 days. Just found my google play receipt. Wow. Time flies.

I know everyone says to evolve Selena first, but I decided to evolve Lance first. I just love his unit design and he was my starter as well, so it's only fair.

It's a good thing Selena's angel idol buff doesn't work in defensive battles, otherwise Arena would become Selena Frontier. Also now is the time to get a Lario if you don't have one. I managed to get one from level 3 but it was breaker, which I already have. I would think double breaker Lario would be too much damage for the 3TKO in frontier hunter, no?

It's a good thing Selena's angel idol buff doesn't work in defensive battles, otherwise Arena would become Selena Frontier. Also now is the time to get a Lario if you don't have one. I managed to get one from level 3 but it was breaker, which I already have. I would think double breaker Lario would be too much damage for the 3TKO in frontier hunter, no?

Even without it Selena w/Lexida is arguably the best non-lead arena unit in the game right now. 2700 Lord ATK, 250% modifier AoE BB, > 9000 Lord HP, 72 drop checks on a normal attack, best Arena AI.

Apparently we're getting water and fire vocaloids soon! Which also means the tone dungeon will most likely be opening up, for those who have vocaloids that need evolving.

I was curious how bad the rate are for Kira's batch. Did one summon, got Dragon Graven. Saving my gems for Claire's batch and maybe the one after that.

broz0rs

i'm seeing more and more of players on my friends list with 7*s from the Kira batch. Must resist the temptation to pull the gate!

garath

Where are you getting the lario from? I want one!

Edit: never mind dammit. It was the one dungeon I was skipping. 6 hours left.. Grind!

Edit2: sweet. First try at the first level got me a 4* anima lario. Score.

garath

Damn. I am struggling to beat the mecha dungeon to evolve my Selena to 7* :/

Tried this team:

Orna
Zelnite
Elza
Shera
Themis

The themis was an accident. Meant to take yujeh but I'm not sure if it would have made a difference. Maybe I should try lily matah leader and skip the healer?

Corgi

Banned
Damn. I am struggling to beat the mecha dungeon to evolve my Selena to 7* :/

Tried this team:

Orna
Zelnite
Elza
Shera
Themis

The themis was an accident. Meant to take yujeh but I'm not sure if it would have made a difference. Maybe I should try lily matah leader and skip the healer?
surprised you had an issue with that setup. Probably find a matah friend and you should be fine.

it has a lot of hp and hits hard, but if you can mitigate each turn, it shouldln't be a big deal

garath

surprised you had an issue with that setup. Probably find a matah friend and you should be fine.

it has a lot of hp and hits hard, but if you can mitigate each turn, it shouldln't be a big deal

I think I took a maxwell. The themis probably did me in. She is only 5*. It was an old party setup. I'll try again. I did get it to half HP. Probably just manage it better and I'll be OK

I think I took a maxwell. The themis probably did me in. She is only 5*. It was an old party setup. I'll try again. I did get it to half HP. Probably just manage it better and I'll be OK

Maxwell isn't that great against the mech totems because they have so much HP. It's better to grind them down with a healer and Lilly. If you have a 6 star healer, I would bring that and Lilly. Just mitigate every turn and heal when needed.

Kreed

Using Orna, you shouldn't need Themis or Yujeh for the Water dungeon. Like others have said, just bring a Lily Matah friend and your set up should work even if you leave Themis in. After that though, you can start using your 7 star lead teams instead and it's much easier (as well as everything else. I replayed Maxwell's Trial with my Atro team and it was simple. No counting turns, Lily, Grahdens, Stealth unit, or Tridon required anymore).

Vocaloid units are available for summoning. No guaranteed and their 6 stars are apparently going to be released later. Tone vortex is also out. Personally I summoned once and I got Kaito, so I'm perfectly satisfied.

Corgi

Banned
they seem kinda... meh based off the datamine on reddit.

who in the right mind would summon for 6* units now anyhow unless you are a vocaloid nutcase... which some people are :p

where is 6* miku :(

they seem kinda... meh based off the datamine on reddit.

who in the right mind would summon for 6* units now anyhow unless you are a vocaloid nutcase... which some people are :p

where is 6* miku :(

It was only 5 gems :p But I certainly wouldn't spend more than that for units that are quite frankly rather underwhelming.

Primus

Vocaloid units are available for summoning. No guaranteed and their 6 stars are apparently going to be released later. Tone vortex is also out. Personally I summoned once and I got Kaito, so I'm perfectly satisfied.

Summoned for Vocaloid, got Breaker Rigness, am completely satisfied with my experience.

garath

Woot. Thanks guys. Beat the water mecha dungeon with your suggestions. Didn't have a lily friend so used my own lily with an orna friend. Worked out well. Kept the mitigation up the entire time and just kept grinding the damage.

So Selena definitely the best first 7* yeah? I still need to kill Maxwell so a good 7* will be a nice leg up.

broz0rs

So what's the correct order of killing the maidens for Trial X2?

So Selena definitely the best first 7* yeah? I still need to kill Maxwell so a good 7* will be a nice leg up.

I personally like Atro better because his UBB fills all meter for three turns.

Kreed

Woot. Thanks guys. Beat the water mecha dungeon with your suggestions. Didn't have a lily friend so used my own lily with an orna friend. Worked out well. Kept the mitigation up the entire time and just kept grinding the damage.

Ideally you are going to be using a mono team with two 7 star leads of the same element, so you want to look at your units and what options you have in regards to Mitigation, Healing, BB generation, and status prevention to make the battle easier (you can get away with one or two members not being the same element, but they won't take advantage of the 200% attack + 60% HP).

garath

So what's the correct order of killing the maidens for Trial X2?

I personally like Atro better because his UBB fills all meter for three turns.

Ideally you are going to be using a mono team with two 7 star leads of the same element, so you want to look at your units and what options you have in regards to Mitigation, Healing, BB generation, and status prevention to make the battle easier (you can get away with one or two members not being the same element, but they won't take advantage of the 200% attack + 60% HP).

Hmm. Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of mono element options. Maybe best I can do is thunder with orna and shera. But really I'm kind of all over the place. Damn.

Corgi

Banned
Dude garath you can beat maxwell ages ago with your units.

Tridon + lily matah + mitigator + whatever

This can destroy maxwell without counting turns.

Has anyone gotten all the starters they wanted or with their desired typings? I've been getting lords, guardians and oracles. Still got my breaker Vargas from SHS several months ago. I got no anima or breaker lance, so I'm stuck with my lord lance. Ran Magress three times and got an anima Mifune. I already have one. I'll take any Magress, but a breaker or anima would be nice.

Gonna be evolving Atro next, then Eze. Those mech god totems pack quite a punch.

From JP BF:

Early-Mid April

Heaven's Bow Loch

Gaia Armor Edea

Hell Keep Alice (FINALLY FUCK YEAH ALICE!!!)
Late April

Leorone

God Eater Lira

Gravion (Finally, Golem's good for something...)

Raising my Alice for the hell of it and still got my Leorone and Lira. My Golem has been a 4 star for months. Would rather raise another unit than get my Golem to 6 star.

Corgi

Banned
Or Gumi just isn't doing a good job with Brave Frontier and Chain Chronicle.
true. I can't imagine brave frontier lasting another year without some major system revamps. Game already feels exhausted in terms of mechanics.

i've gotten every starter. not that interested in typing, don't really see myself using any in the long term besides selena.

garath

Dude garath you can beat maxwell ages ago with your units.

Tridon + lily matah + mitigator + whatever

This can destroy maxwell without counting turns.

You're right for sure. I'll attempt it soon. Been so focused on building teams in these event times that I haven't even tried Grah yet.

I think I have 1 or 2 Tridon friends. Should be np.

These mecha dungeons are pretty rough. I've gotten the water and light mechas so far. Don't know if I'll have time to do a third. 70 energy is a boat load.

I'll probably just evolve Selena just to have her. Maybe Atro if I have time. I got a nice anima one from his dungeon. Though I have a lot of strong dark units with Shida, Elza, Lily, Luka.. maybe I should just do Margress.

Has anyone gotten all the starters they wanted or with their desired typings? I've been getting lords, guardians and oracles. Still got my breaker Vargas from SHS several months ago. I got no anima or breaker lance, so I'm stuck with my lord lance. Ran Magress three times and got an anima Mifune. I already have one. I'll take any Magress, but a breaker or anima would be nice.

Gonna be evolving Atro next, then Eze. Those mech god totems pack quite a punch.

From JP BF:

Early-Mid April

Heaven's Bow Loch

Gaia Armor Edea

Hell Keep Alice (FINALLY FUCK YEAH ALICE!!!)
Late April

Leorone

God Eater Lira

Gravion (Finally, Golem's good for something...)

Raising my Alice for the hell of it and still got my Leorone and Lira. My Golem has been a 4 star for months. Would rather raise another unit than get my Golem to 6 star.

My OG Lance was Anima, so I didn't need to grind one from the dungeon. I did get a Breaker Selena from the vortex, where previously I only had a Guardian and Lord Selena. I already had both an Anima and Breaker Atro, so no need to farm that. I only have Lord Eze, but apparently Eze is the worst of the bunch and I don't really care for him anyway. I need to farm a Breaker Magress, since I only have Oracle. And I farmed a Breaker Vargas from the vortex.

Corgi

Banned
gonna totally imp the shit outta my guardian magress to get that ridiculous def :p

not sure who to evolve with tomorrow's legend rock. Atro or Magress.... Both will be killer in arena... but I guess magress would be nice when we get Trial 05 someday

Xetherion

Has anyone gotten all the starters they wanted or with their desired typings?

I've got all anima types for all the starters except Atro, who I have a breaker that I already evolved to 7* so I'm not going to bother farming an anima for him. Most of the starters I already had anima from either SHS or those vortex dungeons from like a month or two ago that had a chance to drop them, but I had to farm Selena a few times and then Eze a bunch yesterday to get anima. I think I have like 10 dupes of him besides the anima one.

MicH

I just started playing this again after having not played it for about 10 months :p First impression : IMG YES they made a dungeon for light and dark totems!! :D

garath

I just started playing this again after having not played it for about 10 months :p First impression : IMG YES they made a dungeon for light and dark totems!! :D

Don't get too excited. It doesn't come around much. It's not on the normal weekly rotation :)

I've got all anima types for all the starters except Atro, who I have a breaker that I already evolved to 7* so I'm not going to bother farming an anima for him. Most of the starters I already had anima from either SHS or those vortex dungeons from like a month or two ago that had a chance to drop them, but I had to farm Selena a few times and then Eze a bunch yesterday to get anima. I think I have like 10 dupes of him besides the anima one.
I keep getting anima Atro. Yeah, I don't need one. I have a 6 star breaker, then got an anima Atro. Raised him to 6 stars too.

Got my anima Magress two runs later this morning. Done with that dungeon! Might as well raise my breaker Vargas, but my Lance is staying at 4 stars. Might as well get my dark mech totem while I got energy left.

garath

Got my anima Magress two runs later this morning. Done with that dungeon! Might as well raise my breaker Vargas, but my Lance is staying at 4 stars. Might as well get my dark mech totem while I got energy left.

I just failed getting the dark mech totem :( I made horrible mistakes. I just learned remedy does not remove curse/paralysis/etc. 70 energy to learn this. And the Grah friend I used didn't have his SBB and was quite weak. Ugh. My light healer didn't have a fun time either.

70 energy down the tubes.

Corgi

Banned
I just failed getting the dark mech totem :( I made horrible mistakes. I just learned remedy does not remove curse/paralysis/etc. 70 energy to learn this. And the Grah friend I used didn't have his SBB and was quite weak. Ugh. My light healer didn't have a fun time either.

70 energy down the tubes.

grah has no sbb :p

make shift party hasn't had issues with totems yet.

rosetta
shera
lario
exvehl
selena
w/e friend

garath

grah has no sbb :p

make shift party hasn't had issues with totems yet.

rosetta
shera
lario
exvehl
selena
w/e friend

Oh. Then I am underwhelmed with him as a friend for this fight lol. Orna would have been better.

I've been rolling with:

Lily Matah (Leader)
Elza
Zelnite
Themis
Shera

Then usually picking an Orna friend. Didn't have one available at the time I was going to do this so went for Grah. I had terrible terrible damage. I have plenty of Ultor friends. Might try that one next.

Corgi

Banned
Oh. Then I am underwhelmed with him as a friend for this fight lol. Orna would have been better.

I've been rolling with:

Lily Matah (Leader)
Elza
Zelnite
Themis
Shera

Then usually picking an Orna friend. Didn't have one available at the time I was going to do this so went for Grah. I had terrible terrible damage. I have plenty of Ultor friends. Might try that one next.

why themis?

And I don't think you should have a problem with your squad if you remember to use fujins if needed. You should do the Grand chronicles if you haven't yet.

Top Bottom