• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

garath

why themis?

And I don't think you should have a problem with your squad if you remember to use fujins if needed. You should do the Grand chronicles if you haven't yet.

Themis is my only healer. I have a Yujeh but no SBB yet. I have a Luka but only 5* (just got the dark tone so I'll evolve her after I grab a metal mimic).

Another 16 energy until I can try again. sigh

broz0rs

For mechs, if you mitigate every round there's no way you can lose that fight. The Fujins should be exclusively used for your mitigatior. Ultor and Lily Matah leads should be fine, but I personally I just use Zelnite for HC and BC drops and his BB helps charges other units.

Barely managed to beat Maxwell. I was running:

Rin (Leader)
Orna
Arius
Shera
Lilly Matah
Tridon (Friend)

It was really close, and if I redid the battle I would have tried a Lilly Leader and Ulkina as a healer instead. Abaddon and Maxwell's debuffing attacks really hurt my BC generation, meaning I couldn't mitigate some turns. Both of my burst heals were on SBBs, so I could alternate healing, but then Arius died and I was out of revives, so RIP my burst healing. Managed to survive by fujining my Rin whenever I needed healing ASAP, which let me survive long enough to finish off Maxwell. Rin died on the penultimate turn, right before I brought down Maxwell's last sliver of health.

Also a PSA:

If you haven't redeemed your 100 BP Legend Stone, you should do so now, as the next two Legend Stones will both cost 500 BP, which is quite pricey.

garath

Barely squeaked by the Dark Mech. I don't want to do that one again. I think I needed to take Yujeh with a SBB instead of Themis and I would have been fine. Needed SOME sort of damage. Too much random chance (like 4 AoE attacks in a row from the mech).

done though. Have a dark mech, water mech and a light mech. Those are the only 7*s I'd want. Now to decide which one should get evolved first... I really can't decide. I have a breaker selena and breaker Margress. Have an Anima Atro.

Once I'm done with evolving and stuff, I'll take on Grah and Maxwell.

Brought a friend Maxwell to the level 2 Magress Dungeon. Encountered Mifune on Battle 4. Fail to OHKO but I have mitigation up so I think it's okay. Then Mifune does some bullshit attack that brings my entire party into the red and instantly KOs Maxwell. RIP Maxwell, don't bring light units to Magress level 2 unless you can OHKO Mifune.

Barely squeaked by the Dark Mech. I don't want to do that one again. I think I needed to take Yujeh with a SBB instead of Themis and I would have been fine. Needed SOME sort of damage. Too much random chance (like 4 AoE attacks in a row from the mech).

done though. Have a dark mech, water mech and a light mech. Those are the only 7*s I'd want. Now to decide which one should get evolved first... I really can't decide. I have a breaker selena and breaker Margress. Have an Anima Atro.

Once I'm done with evolving and stuff, I'll take on Grah and Maxwell.
Grah should be a joke with 7's. Maxwell shouldn't be that hard with a few 7's in your party. Just make sure to bring bc gen and someway to debuff status.

Brought a friend Maxwell to the level 2 Magress Dungeon. Encountered Mifune on Battle 4. Fail to OHKO but I have mitigation up so I think it's okay. Then Mifune does some bullshit attack that brings my entire party into the red and instantly KOs Maxwell. RIP Maxwell, don't bring light units to Magress level 2 unless you can OHKO Mifune.
Never had that problem with Mifune. Always been able to OTK him with dual Maxwell or Maxwell and Ultor.

broz0rs

that Trial X2 was a lot harder than I expected. Beat it after 10+ tries; the most I ever needed for trials. I feel ashamed that I had to rely on my second squad though lol

I've reached a conclusion that for boss fights, Atro is a beast. His UBB feels as if I've entered a cheat code for three rounds.

Corgi

Banned
that Trial X2 was a lot harder than I expected. Beat it after 10+ tries; the most I ever needed for trials. I feel ashamed that I had to rely on my second squad though lol

I've reached a conclusion that for boss fights, Atro is a beast. His UBB feels as if I've entered a cheat code for three rounds.

idk... pretty surprised you can't maintain SBB against 3 units :p

Think the only problem I had with X2 was because I went in blind. Took me a bit before I realize they dispelled every 3 turns and focused fired a bunch, so I swapped party members around and Ultor was the mvp + guard every 3 turns for 1st round.

beat it without revives.

Ah yes. 15 atros finally get anima. Close to that deadline lol.
Nice and still got time too. Gonna be evolving my Atro in less than half an hour.

Watching those ushi videos on pulling the Kira batch. The salt is so real. Milko got four 7 star units and Ushi got a big fat zero after 30 summons. LOL. Its just hilarious watching them and Ushi is like, what?

Kreed

idk... pretty surprised you can't maintain SBB against 3 units :p

Think the only problem I had with X2 was because I went in blind. Took me a bit before I realize they dispelled every 3 turns and focused fired a bunch, so I swapped party members around and Ultor was the mvp + guard every 3 turns for 1st round.

beat it without revives.

Was this before or after the DC bug was fixed and the dungeon got a BC gen resistance buff?

Corgi

Banned
level up event time.
Code:
March 31, 01:00 PDT to April 10, 00:59 PDT

Rewards Table:
Lv 2: Cure x 30
Lv 3: High Cure x 20
Lv 4: Revive x10
Lv 5: Elemental Ghost x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 6: Famous Blade (Sphere) x2
Lv 7: Nymph x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 8: Mimic x 6
Lv 9: Metal King x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 10: 1 gem
Lv 11: Zel x 75,000
Lv 12: 2 ★ Vargas
Lv 13: High Cure x 20
Lv 14: Ares' Flute x 10, Atk Potion x 10, Def Potion x 10
Lv 15: Metal King x 3
Lv 16: Beast Armor (Sphere) x 2
Lv 17: 2 Dark Spirits, 1 Dark Idol
Lv 18: Jewel King x6
Lv 19: Metal God x2
Lv 20: 1 gem, 1 burst frogs
Lv 22: Zel x 100,000; High Cure x 30
Lv 24: Divine Light x 15; Revive x 10
Lv 26: Elemental King x 6 (1 each element); Holy Blade (Sphere) x 2
Lv 28: Bat Mimic x 3
Lv 30: 1 gem, 2 Metal Key
Lv 32: Zel x 125,000; 3 ★ Ice Selena
Lv 34: Divine Light x 20; Holy Flute x 10, Atk Potion x 10, Def Potion x 10
Lv 36: Metal God x 2; Holy Robe (Sphere) x 2
Lv 38: Bat Mimic x 6, Dark Idol x 2, Dark Pot x 1
Lv 40: 1 gems, 2 Jewel Key
Lv 42: Zel x 150,000; Divine Light x 30
Lv 44: Mega Cure x 10; Revive Light x 2
Lv 46: Elemental God x 6 (1 each element); Beast Blade (Sphere) x 2
Lv 48: Dragon Mimic x 2
Lv 50: 2 gems. 2 burst frogs
Lv 52: Zel x 200,000
Lv 54: Holy Light x 10
Lv 56: Crystal God x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 58: Metal Mimic x 1
Lv 60: 2 gems, 3 metal key
Lv 62: 4 ★ Thunder King Eze
Lv 64: Revive Light x 10
Lv 66: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 68: Metal Mimic x 2
Lv 70: 2 gems, 3 Jewel key
Lv 72: 1 Golden God, 1 Jewel God
Lv 74: Crescent Dew x5
Lv 76: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 78: Sacred Jewel
Lv 80: 3 gems, 3 burst frogs
Lv 82: 1 Golden God, 2 Jewel God
Lv 84: Crescent Dew x5
Lv 86: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 88: Burst Frog x 4
Lv 90: 4 gems
Lv 92: 4 ★ Earth Pike Lance
Lv 94: Crescent Dew x8
Lv 96: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 98: Burst Frog x 5
Lv 100: 1 Summon Ticket
Lv 120: 4 ★ Holy Knight Atro
Lv 140: 1 Sphere Frog
Lv 160: 4 ★ Black Magress
Lv 180: 1 Sphere Frog
Lv 200: 1 Summon Ticket

hmmm 195 atm... should be able to hit 200.

garath

level up event time.
Code:
March 31, 01:00 PDT to April 10, 00:59 PDT

Rewards Table:
Lv 2: Cure x 30
Lv 3: High Cure x 20
Lv 4: Revive x10
Lv 5: Elemental Ghost x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 6: Famous Blade (Sphere) x2
Lv 7: Nymph x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 8: Mimic x 6
Lv 9: Metal King x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 10: 1 gem
Lv 11: Zel x 75,000
Lv 12: 2 ★ Vargas
Lv 13: High Cure x 20
Lv 14: Ares' Flute x 10, Atk Potion x 10, Def Potion x 10
Lv 15: Metal King x 3
Lv 16: Beast Armor (Sphere) x 2
Lv 17: 2 Dark Spirits, 1 Dark Idol
Lv 18: Jewel King x6
Lv 19: Metal God x2
Lv 20: 1 gem, 1 burst frogs
Lv 22: Zel x 100,000; High Cure x 30
Lv 24: Divine Light x 15; Revive x 10
Lv 26: Elemental King x 6 (1 each element); Holy Blade (Sphere) x 2
Lv 28: Bat Mimic x 3
Lv 30: 1 gem, 2 Metal Key
Lv 32: Zel x 125,000; 3 ★ Ice Selena
Lv 34: Divine Light x 20; Holy Flute x 10, Atk Potion x 10, Def Potion x 10
Lv 36: Metal God x 2; Holy Robe (Sphere) x 2
Lv 38: Bat Mimic x 6, Dark Idol x 2, Dark Pot x 1
Lv 40: 1 gems, 2 Jewel Key
Lv 42: Zel x 150,000; Divine Light x 30
Lv 44: Mega Cure x 10; Revive Light x 2
Lv 46: Elemental God x 6 (1 each element); Beast Blade (Sphere) x 2
Lv 48: Dragon Mimic x 2
Lv 50: 2 gems. 2 burst frogs
Lv 52: Zel x 200,000
Lv 54: Holy Light x 10
Lv 56: Crystal God x 6 (1 each element)
Lv 58: Metal Mimic x 1
Lv 60: 2 gems, 3 metal key
Lv 62: 4 ★ Thunder King Eze
Lv 64: Revive Light x 10
Lv 66: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 68: Metal Mimic x 2
Lv 70: 2 gems, 3 Jewel key
Lv 72: 1 Golden God, 1 Jewel God
Lv 74: Crescent Dew x5
Lv 76: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 78: Sacred Jewel
Lv 80: 3 gems, 3 burst frogs
Lv 82: 1 Golden God, 2 Jewel God
Lv 84: Crescent Dew x5
Lv 86: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 88: Burst Frog x 4
Lv 90: 4 gems
Lv 92: 4 ★ Earth Pike Lance
Lv 94: Crescent Dew x8
Lv 96: Imps x 4 (1 each element)
Lv 98: Burst Frog x 5
Lv 100: 1 Summon Ticket
Lv 120: 4 ★ Holy Knight Atro
Lv 140: 1 Sphere Frog
Lv 160: 4 ★ Black Magress
Lv 180: 1 Sphere Frog
Lv 200: 1 Summon Ticket

hmmm 195 atm... should be able to hit 200.

Doh. I missed the 120 already. Don't think I'll hit 140 by event end.

MicH

Uuurrghh, I just need ONE dark idol to evolve my Shida but the fame refuses to cooperate! Today I've done 5 runs and seen three dark idols. Didn't get any of them :(

Corgi

Banned
atro 7* maxed. now to get his sbb up :)

seems like we might get Lugina EX trial this week. Should be a nice challenge.

That burst frog from the april fools event was just enough to unlock UBB on my Atro.
The nice burny is a fun gag unit to have. The cost of running the dungeon is only 1 or 2 energy haha. Might as well run it until it drops.

Corgi

Banned
atro really is one of those units that are better on paper than in practice lol. have zero use outta him. Is fantastic in Arena though. he pretty much always has SBB up by round 2.

edit: lol ushi summoning. that luck.

garath

ROFL. I got owned by the nice burny. Stunned my entire party and just killed me off over 4 turns. Guess I need to bring someone with null status.

Edit: yeah. A rin friend was perfect.

Kreed

I thought Nice Burny having an SBB was an April Fools joke

Looking at the SBB alone with the 80% paralysis, he seems like he could be a free alternative to Shida for Frontier Hunter for people who haven't summoned one. Only problem is it's a Burmy and the cost of the move doesn't make it seem worth it.

Corgi

Banned
Looking at the SBB alone with the 80% paralysis, he seems like he could be a free alternative to Shida for Frontier Hunter for people who haven't summoned one. Only problem is it's a Burmy and the cost of the move doesn't make it seem worth it.

3* unit won't last 1 round lol.

Corgi

Banned
new easter bunny girls :3

kNSt9vE.png

Code:
LS: Huge boost to BB gauge fill rate (40%) & reduction in BB gauge required for BB (10%)
BB: 7 combo Fire, Thunder and Dark attack on all enemies & good chance of inflicting a random status
SBB: 10 combo Fire, Thunder and Dark attack on all enemies, great chance of inflicting a random status & adds Fire, Thunder and Dark elements to attack for 3 turns

1uyzelY.png

Code:
LS: Large boost to HC and BC drop rate (20% hc/bc) & reduction in BB gauge required for BB (10%)
BB: 11 combo Water, Earth and Light attack on all enemies & large boost to Atk, Def and Rec for all allies for 3 turns
SBB: 14 combo Water, Earth and Light attack on all enemies, great boost to Atk, Def and Rec for all allies & adds Water, Earth and Light elements to attack for 3 turns

wish they would start doing 7* exclusive units already.

The easter units seem very underwhelming. There's probably going to be a rate up for them too, but I wish it was a rate up for seven stars instead, so I can finally dump all my gems.

Kreed

The easter units seem very underwhelming. There's probably going to be a rate up for them too, but I wish it was a rate up for seven stars instead, so I can finally dump all my gems.

The most I could see them used for is their element buffs, but the 6 star Sibyl Sisters will do the same thing and they are free.

For those of you who enjoy collecting novelty spheres, apparently 999 Jems will get you "The Bravest Blade", which gives you an INCREDIBLE -50% stat boost.

MicH

I just pulled a Sefia. I suppose that's not too bad. She's great for Arena, right? I'm still quite out of touch after being away from the game for eight months

Tried to pull for Tridon, didn't get him. Praise Oracle Zedus! Also I beat Aldahlia this weekend which means that I am officially out of free quest gems. The good times are over :(

Oh my, why did Corgi get banned? Also, the Lugina trial is out. Apparently Agni and Ranma are both good units for it, both of which I happen to own, though in five star form. I guess I know what I'm evolving next!

broz0rs

RIP Corgi. This thread will move a lot slower without his posts.

Lugina trial is out, and I've read that Tridon shield is bugged for that fight. Basically if you use it during a scripted attack, your party will get wiped even with mitigation and 13k health. Nice

Well, when Gravion does his aoe attack after allocating data. You absolutely must not use Tridon's bb or sbb. Damage is all calculated in one step so it assumes your units have 1020 def. Gravion will rekt you.
Gonna try Ramna and Arbonella friend soon.

Well, got destroyed by Lugina. It seems Ultor make this encounter a lot easier. Lugina's 5 star form has an attack that drains 100% bb. Don't have an Ultor of my own, so Ramna lead with Ultor friend?

OK im thinking of a new setup because im bored with the one i have.

1.Paula, earth Leader 50% dmg earth and dark
2.Alpha tree Altri, nature healer
3.Lario, nature people say he is good?
4.Hell keep Alice, dark because is is a 6 star unti?
5.unholy magress, dark because is a 6 star unit?

would this work?

MicH

I really need more friends for this game. I'm currently using my Unholy Magress as my leader and I'm trying to unlock his SBB. Please add me: 3219327209

OK im thinking of a new setup because im bored with the one i have.

1.Paula, earth Leader 50% dmg earth and dark
2.Alpha tree Altri, nature healer
3.Lario, nature people say he is good?
4.Hell keep Alice, dark because is is a 6 star unti?
5.unholy magress, dark because is a 6 star unit?

would this work?

I'm not sure how good Lario's 5 star form is. I don't think his 6 star form is released on EU yet? I would replace him with a different 6 star earth or dark unit.

MicH

Uhhhh I've done eight miracle totem runs today hoping to get a dark totem. NOPE. I got like five light totem instead. I hate how hard these are to get - it's ridiculous!

Hopefully I can get in two more runs and if I don't get one by then... Then I give up :(

broz0rs

You should run the elemental totems vortex if you want dark and lights because you get two opportunities to encounter them per run for 30 energy instead of one encounter for 50 energy.

I'm not sure how good Lario's 5 star form is. I don't think his 6 star form is released on EU yet? I would replace him with a different 6 star earth or dark unit.

ok, who is the strongest out of these units?

Earth pike lance
Golem
Mifune
Magistra Lira
Geirdriful

i guessing Lira or Golem?

MicH

My god

I ended up running in total 10 Miracle Totem runs and 3 regular Totem runs. I got 5 Light Totems and 0 Dark Totems

Ridiculous

Kitoro

You should run the elemental totems vortex if you want dark and lights because you get two opportunities to encounter them per run for 30 energy instead of one encounter for 50 energy.

But there seems to be a much higher chance if finding one in the Miracle Totem dugeon. I believe it's something like two 20% chances to catch them in the normal totem ones, and one 50% chance in the Miracle dungeon.

MicH

Yeah, I got zero dark/light totems from the regular totems.

Anyway, looks like they're celebrating 30m downloads and will keep the Evolution dungeons open for about a week so I get more chances to get that pesky Dark Totem :D

Top Bottom