• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Wish that Level Up Campaign to level 500 was retroactive. Gonna go for as high as I can.

Looks like the achievement store is finally coming!

Will attempt Zevalhua later. My Magress is leader for that trial if anyone needs it.

The BP rewards finally got updated haha. So that's what was the update a few hours ago. It goes up to 26000 BP now and there are more redeemable prizes, but it doesn't scroll down.

Currently at 21770 BP. I guess Gumi isn't replacing the BP rewards with the achievement store??

I think this game wants me to join the darkside.

i spent 20 gems trying to get some exlusive EU units but i got Alice, Alice, Lemia and Vampire and then got Memetes from the dungeon.

I now have 3 Alice :/ one is maxed

It took 2 attempts, but I finally got her. First was a yolo Rosetta and Feeva squad. Made it to phase 3 but burned all my consumables. The bb drain is so annoying, to the point where I brought my Lily Matah out from retirement.
Magress is da REAL MVP though. He trivializes Glorious and Endless. The dynamic trio is unstoppable with Lily Matah, Magress and Feeva.
Had to use a few fujins to get Magress UBB and SBB everyone else to get Zevalhua below her 20% hp threshold. Endless and double extension was only tickling me.

Well, will be raising and imping her later. Too bad her SBB sucks.
o92uzFo.png

coDseDU.png

It took 2 attempts, but I finally got her. First was a yolo Rosetta and Feeva squad. Made it to phase 3 but burned all my consumables. The bb drain is so annoying, to the point where I brought my Lily Matah out from retirement.
Magress is da REAL MVP though. He trivializes Glorious and Endless. The dynamic trio is unstoppable with Lily Matah, Magress and Feeva.
Had to use a few fujins to get Magress UBB and SBB everyone else to get Zevalhua below her 20% hp threshold. Endless and double extension was only tickling me.

Well, will be raising and imping her later. Too bad her SBB sucks.

Zevalhua's Endless is trivial anyway, it only does ~5k with mitigation and she never does anything else on that turn.

I'm surprised you say her SBB sucks. Her SBB is not reliable, but I still give her the advantage of the best SBB of the 3 fallen gods at this point, since Cardes' side-effect is so weak and Maxwell's replaces real Crit buffs, making it frequently detrimental. And it still has that sweet 660% multiplier.

MicH

Aww yeah! Just max imped my Colt! Working on my Kanon now :)

My biggest hurdle right now is getting good spheres. My best sphere is a Medulla Gem. And I have one of those :lol I should be Able to start working on the GGC quests soon and get done good ones. Just beat Grah yesterday so things are going great. Maxwell sounds like a real challenge though

Zevalhua's Endless is trivial anyway, it only does ~5k with mitigation and she never does anything else on that turn.

I'm surprised you say her SBB sucks. Her SBB is not reliable, but I still give her the advantage of the best SBB of the 3 fallen gods at this point, since Cardes' side-effect is so weak and Maxwell's replaces real Crit buffs, making it frequently detrimental. And it still has that sweet 660% multiplier.
Fadahl has a better attack and defense debuff with the same percentage. Eriole has it at 50% debuff but with a 20% chance. Zedus has it at 50% debuff and chance to lower both attack and defense.

Zevalhua has it on par with Kira, Lucana, and Belfura. Wow, Belfura is not that bad.
If Zevalhua has 50% chance to lower attack and defense like Zedus, she would be more reliable. Its just a little lackluster when other 6 or 7 stars does it even or better than hers.

Aww yeah! Just max imped my Colt! Working on my Kanon now :)

My biggest hurdle right now is getting good spheres. My best sphere is a Medulla Gem. And I have one of those :lol I should be Able to start working on the GGC quests soon and get done good ones. Just beat Grah yesterday so things are going great. Maxwell sounds like a real challenge though
You got Colt and Kanon? Maxwell is gonna be a pushover for you.

Shouta

Who's better to max first, Kira or Claire? I have both at 7 Star now so I'm wondering which one I should work on getting their SBB/UBB first.

MicH

You got Colt and Kanon? Maxwell is gonna be a pushover for you.
I guess those two are quite powerful :lol I beat Karl and Grah with no teambuilding at all (just using my quest team + an extra team of whatever I had raised up) and didn't have many problems. Only checked some guides for their powerful attacks. I guess I'll try Maxwell at some point in the coming days

Fadahl has a better attack and defense debuff with the same percentage. Eriole has it at 50% debuff but with a 20% chance. Zedus has it at 50% debuff and chance to lower both attack and defense.

Zevalhua has it on par with Kira, Lucana, and Belfura. Wow, Belfura is not that bad.
If Zevalhua has 50% chance to lower attack and defense like Zedus, she would be more reliable. Its just a little lackluster when other 6 or 7 stars does it even or better than hers.

Oh, you are comparing it to other people with the same debuff. Viewed in that context yah it's not great.

But like I said compared to Maxwell or Cardes it's generally better.

And those buffs are all 50% or less to happen so it's less likely to overwrite a better debuff than Maxwell and her crit buff.

I promptly swapped out Maxwell in all parties where Maxwell was not the lead and also had another Crit buffer.

MicH

Got Maxwell! It was admittedly not that hard with Kanon + Feeva leads. Only had to use one Revive and a Fujin yo get through. Only used my first team. Gonna read up on Cardes now. Or maybe the X1 trial

Raika

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with Frontier Hunter, can someone help me with my FH team? For the past two FHs I've just been sparking everything and hope I score enough points, I believe I need to rethink my strategy (or the lack of it). @_@

Current planned team:

Leader: Rosetta
Subs: Elza, Zelnite, Narza, Shida

I've read that mitigators are important in FH but I really don't understand the point when I'm supposed to kill things as fast as possible?? :(

Other notable units I have ready: Arus, Zergel, Rigness, Lily Matah, Kuda, another Elza
Other notable units that aren't fully ready/evolved/leveled: Colt, Tridon, Lucca, Fang, Zedus, another Zelnite

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with Frontier Hunter, can someone help me with my FH team? For the past two FHs I've just been sparking everything and hope I score enough points, I believe I need to rethink my strategy (or the lack of it). @_@

Current planned team:

Leader: Rosetta
Subs: Elza, Zelnite, Narza, Shida

I've read that mitigators are important in FH but I really don't understand the point when I'm supposed to kill things as fast as possible?? :(

Other notable units I have ready: Arus, Zergel, Rigness, Lily Matah, Kuda, another Elza
Other notable units that aren't fully ready/evolved/leveled: Colt, Tridon, Lucca, Fang, Zedus, another Zelnite
For Entrance, Middle and the End, you don't need a mitigator. In Terminus, you do. Replace Narza with Zergel.

Raika

For Entrance, Middle and the End, you don't need a mitigator. In Terminus, you do. Replace Narza with Zergel.

Thanks! So I guess the strategy is to just go in and OTK everything with a Maxwell/Colt friend or something? I've read up on stuff about 3TK but don't know if I should try that.

Thanks! So I guess the strategy is to just go in and OTK everything with a Maxwell/Colt friend or something? I've read up on stuff about 3TK but don't know if I should try that.
Yep, OTK everything on the first 3 stages. Everyone will be farming, grinding Terminus anyway. The 3TK are for maximizing points on Terminus.
Optimal setup:

Rosetta + Feeva friend
Lario
Lario
Shera
Shida

Quaid can replace Shida. Use Darvanshel if you don't have Shera.

Gonna leave my Rosetta lead up until FH ends.

I do End farming instead of Terminus because it's quicker, I can auto-battle, and I don't have to stress over using every orb to still finish in the top 50K for a +2.

I realize I could get +3/+4 with Terminus farming but meh.

I routinely finish between 15K and 20K using my End farm, so not all that many people Terminus farm. Or, I suppose, they do it badly.

Kreed

Without mitigation/increased defense you REALLY don't want to try 3TK in Terminus. And unfortunately it looks like you have the same problem I do being stuck with Narza/non attacking mitigation units, so he won't be helping you with points. But you do have another option if you want points and that's Tridon. While his shield isn't as good as Mitigation (particularly against fire units), it is enough defense in many cases to help you clear Terminus and gather the points you need.

MicH

So this was my first real FH since I got back into the game a month and a half ago. Last FH I couldn't even complete Terminus. This time I did it and got every reward in the first run. I then immediately crafted the Legwand Gem into a Malice Jewel :p

SHS is so nice. Maxed out quite a few 7-star units today: Diana, Quaid, Claire and Ivris. Then I ran out of Miracle Totems :p My box is full of crystals now!

Well, I began selling my crystals. Yep. Roughly 200+ summons worth of it because almost all my units are maxed. No new 7 star unit to level them up. :(

In FH I ran into a weird situation. My standard party which has the pieces to be great in FH one turn kills worked too well. I could one round all waves and come out with full BB, but I killed stuff too fast and didn't get enough Weak Element/Spark points to get all rewards.

I purposely had to swap to a slower party just to get the Legwand out.

Party that failed for points was Feeva/Rosetta leads with Claire, Colt, Quaid and Ardin.

Swapped to Feeva/Kanon lead with Shida, Zevalhua, Claire, and Darvanshel.

lordcyno

I usually don't run FH too heavily but I found a guide on reddit to autobattle Terminus. I don't have the exact team (have Yujeh instead of Ardin) or all the spheres but I'm currently getting 1.6-1.7mil per run.

Raika

Ugh I can't seem to break under rank 10k in FH, been hovering around 13-17k. I thought my 1.3mil average per Terminus run was enough, but then I see people getting 1.8-2mil and I'm like @_@. There is no hope. ;A;

I must say, having Shida makes getting points really easy this FH. I can't say my team is absolutely optimized but I can pretty consistently get 1.9 million+ using the Turn-by-Turn guide on Reddit. But I really don't see how one can get into the sub 1000 ranks without gemming.

I usually don't run FH too heavily but I found a guide on reddit to autobattle Terminus. I don't have the exact team (have Yujeh instead of Ardin) or all the spheres but I'm currently getting 1.6-1.7mil per run.

I tried this and I have to babysit rounds 4 and 5 or I die, even though I have all the units/spheres he mentions.

Not only do my guys not go in the order he states, there are rounds where a single opponent just barely survives which screws everything up.

I assume this results from a different level of imping/different types (All breakers vs. All guardians for example).

Kreed

Ugh I can't seem to break under rank 10k in FH, been hovering around 13-17k. I thought my 1.3mil average per Terminus run was enough, but then I see people getting 1.8-2mil and I'm like @_@. There is no hope. ;A;

Those are mostly the higher ranked players shooting for over 3 HR. If all you want is 3 HR, based on that average, you probably are just a few Terminus rounds behind. Keep in mind that many of these players were playing Terminus the moment their first orb refilled after playing the other three difficulty levels as soon as FH started. So you may just need to gem to catch up a bit.

broz0rs

The difference in 3 HR and 2 HR is just.. not worth it imo.

I can just log in once a day, run Terminus twice and I'm guaranteed 2 HR. 3 HR is just a constant grind.

I've been running two of the Sibyl sisters to cover all elements and it's been the easiest FH to date.

Still gonna try for HR +5, but not close enough. The last day, so many people are gonna gem. I'm satisfied with HR +4 for now.

All SBS units are gonna receive a 7 star form lol!

Aaron's batch has been added. Gonna use all my summon tickets and gems on that one, as long as there is an actually rates up.

I tweaked that guy's auto Terminus party and now I have one that can consistently auto and still scores 1.6-1.7 million per run.

Using:
Feeva Quaid (my lead)
Exvehl Rosetta (other lead)
Ardin Darvanshel

The fact that auto consistently uses Ardin right after Quaid is outstanding. He says not to use Feeva as it is too strong but when I tried Lario not only did I have issues with getting full BC against a single target, I'd score less points even when it did work.

i get about 1.6-1.8 mil from doing it normally. I might hit +4 if I gem once... hovering 5.3-5.6k at the moment

i use
Rosetta lead
Feeva friend
Claire
Lario
Shida
Shera

I feel outside Claire, everybody is too crucial. You can 3TK with this team if you run a 2nd lario and get 2mil per run.

Kreed

For my team I'm using: Rosetta, Lario, Lario, Feeva, Kanon, Shida. Kanon has been a great substitute for not having a Mitigation attacker vs Tridon's shield (I never see Kanon getting hit with anything but 1s). Usually with Tridon I'd randomly have Shida or one of the Larios die during rounds every so often and have to use revives, but Kanon's shield has kept everyone from dying every run.

I also discovered just how big of a difference using Rosetta's BB over her SBB after the first turn makes for farming points. I think I gained an extra 150k points in round 3 alone from the switch.

Only one more day of Frontier Hunter before the grind is finally over. The rank up rewards are pretty underwhelming for me though, the only good thing I would get from 8-12 is Lugina.

Just did my first Malice Jewel craft. Only have 11 Legwands left to convert. :)

I also discovered just how big of a difference using Rosetta's BB over her SBB after the first turn makes for farming points. I think I gained an extra 150k points in round 3 alone from the switch.

I have better luck using BB even on the first turn when using Rosetta. I don't want extra spark damage. If there was a sphere that was like 30% HP, 50% defense, reduces chance to crit and spark damage bonus to zero, I'd craft 6 of those just for FH. More damage = less points.

MicH

Yeah, I'm really sick of grinding FH too :lol I need as many ranks as I can get though. Only rank 4 :/ Hopefully I can stay in the top 10,000

Likewise, also tired of FH. Only moving up about 150 ranks for scoring 1.9 million. Don't really see much motivation to get Godly Flower now than next month.

I'm sitting at ~2600 with 3 orbs yet to come if I were to stay up most of the night. I really wish I could decide if that was going to stay top 5k or not. I think so, but man it would suck to bail and come back to be only +3. Especially since I actually used the gems from my daily logins the last couple days + the one from the Light SBS dungeon to get to where I am.

I've played the Light Vortex dungeon like 10 times now and that stupid Turbowing still hasn't dropped. At least double Maxwell OTK makes grinding it rather painless.

MicH

My rank is at about 5600 right now. Not gonna get. Hopefully I can just barely stay within the 10,000 threshold

It's a good thing I ran a couple extra orbs after my comment last night. Finished top 5K, but barely. (Assuming a whole bunch of people don't pass me if they are still running orbs even now).

Kitoro

I haven't touched this game since Dragon Blaze launched almost two weeks ago, but I've been sitting on 120 gems waiting for Raga to finally arrive in Global. Will that finally be happening soon? Thanks!

Top Bottom